Cocopuffz - 11 years on paroxetine. It's nothing but a bad memory now. I am now free!!

Kimboslice

Thanks for the reply dude. I think what I’m going to do before giving pp ago is swap out all the supermarket bought meats and veg and replace with more responsibly sourced organic products instead. And then maybe remove dairy and gluten one by one. Change my diet gradually and then if I feel it’s necessary to do so start a plant based diet from there. I feel like subtle adjustments of my lifestyle will allow me to gauge which ones are individually providing the most benefit. I’m already quite a disciplined eater but the thought of restricting myself further is a daunting task. Can I ask.. what drew PP to your attention in the first place? As far as I can see it divides opinion between its disciples and haters.  

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cocopuffz17

• Phoenixmama

• Rondasavage

• Longroadhome

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST   YAYAYAY! Now I was at 0..........Not so fast. This is where the real challenge came for me. A few days later I felt absolutely awful. I would puke all day. I c

First off, I am so incredibly thankful for this forum. I would of never ever got off this medication if I had not found this forum. A big thank you to Alto and all the mods that work hard to help ever

Hey, I’d say around 90%. I still get headaches/tinnitus daily. They only last for minutes in the early morning and before bed unlike the worst parts of withdrawal when it was 24/7/365. I am no longer

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17
16 hours ago, Kimboslice said:

Thanks for the reply dude. I think what I’m going to do before giving pp ago is swap out all the supermarket bought meats and veg and replace with more responsibly sourced organic products instead. And then maybe remove dairy and gluten one by one. Change my diet gradually and then if I feel it’s necessary to do so start a plant based diet from there. I feel like subtle adjustments of my lifestyle will allow me to gauge which ones are individually providing the most benefit. I’m already quite a disciplined eater but the thought of restricting myself further is a daunting task. Can I ask.. what drew PP to your attention in the first place? As far as I can see it divides opinion between its disciples and haters.  

No problem! Absolutely, I like that approach... this is what I have done with reinstating foods. I had been doing a lot of reading on leaky gut and the relation to autoimmune conditions. I was struggling with my autoimmune condition and losing my hair. I came across it and read the book The Plant Paradox. The doctor goes very in depth on the function of lectins and how they are proteins designed by plants to defend themselves(tearing little holes in our gut wall, creating leaky gut). He has many followers that have great success stories with reversing autoimmune conditions with nutrition. I felt the best I have ever felt in my life after 6 short weeks(this is when I knew that I would be able to get off and that nutrition played a massive role as my medication had stayed the same) I have strayed from the nutrition lifestyle lately and I feel way worse. So I will get back on it 100%. Every single time I shift away from it I feel instantly terrible. I hope you all the best :)

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17
1 hour ago, Rondasavage said:

Hey @Cocopuffz17just checking up is the magnesium working still?

It seems to be. I have upped it from 300mg to 450mg and will further go to 600mg under the guidance of my naturopath. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Rondasavage

@Cocopuffz17ok sounds good how long you been on the magnesium and is the magnesium glycinate? Also do you take it in the morning or night.

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17
2 hours ago, Rondasavage said:

@Cocopuffz17ok sounds good how long you been on the magnesium and is the magnesium glycinate? Also do you take it in the morning or night.

I've been taking magnesium citrate 300 mg for over 2 years. I upped it to 450mg like 2 months ago. I take mine between 5-8 at night. 

Phoenixmama

@Cocopuffz17 idk if its just me tripping but that look in your eyes in the picture with the blue hoodie on , i swear thats how my eyes look when I'm in a wave .... thats how i can always tell im in a wave and its crazy cuz the look in my eyes tell just how im feeling inside ... i wonder does anyone else see it in their eyes , my bf also can tell by my eyes and facial expression and im not forcing myself to do it it just does it by it self 

started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17
9 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

@Cocopuffz17 idk if its just me tripping but that look in your eyes in the picture with the blue hoodie on , i swear thats how my eyes look when I'm in a wave .... thats how i can always tell im in a wave and its crazy cuz the look in my eyes tell just how im feeling inside ... i wonder does anyone else see it in their eyes , my bf also can tell by my eyes and facial expression and im not forcing myself to do it it just does it by it self 

You aren't tripping. I definitely noticed a huge difference in my eyes when I was in a wave compared to a window. 

Phoenixmama

Thank you for replying , man I can hella notice the difference, it’s like we look like how we feel inside 

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Phoenixmama

hi coco , can you answer me one question , pleeease what does "stabilizing" mean in withdraw? does this term relate to me someone who ct because of adverse reaction 

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17
11 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

hi coco , can you answer me one question , pleeease what does "stabilizing" mean in withdraw? does this term relate to me someone who ct because of adverse reaction 

Stabilizing is not having massive swings in how you feel. When you get a good baseline. I am really stable now and can pinpoint exactly what causes certain things in my mood. Ex) caffeine still spikes my anxiety, but no where near what it was a year ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
SCHope

That was outstanding!!!  I’m 20yrs Paxil now off Sept 2019 with devastating PWS that hit the fan 3-4months after (Jan 2020).  Suffering from nearly every symptom you listed and more including awakening tremors and urinary frequency / urgency.  You give me hope.  You give my Family hope.  Had no idea of this SA site.  Was retried on 5 different AD last finishing 3 months ago.  Symptoms now worse.  Put me on Klonopin 1mg QHS for last year and a half. Another taper I will need to do.  Your courage, self discipline, and positivity are an inspiration to all.  Well done!  Go Live!  Abd thank you again for the Hope!

1999-2019 Paxil 20mg CR

Jan 2019-Sept 2019 Paxil wean 2mg/mo

April 14 2020 Klonopin 0.75 QHS

April 22-25 2020  Lexapro 10mg QD 

May 6-8 2020. Prozac 20mg. (Actication)

May 18-20 2020.  Cymbalta 20mg 

Sept 1-19 2020 Paxil 2mg to 4mg 

Jan 6-13 2021 Trintellix 5mg 

Feb 17-March 19 2021 Trintellix 10 (tinnitus)

April 15-May 24 2021 Zoloft 50 (dystonia)

July 7 2021 Still on Klonopin 1mg QHS and Flomax 0.4mg QHS

• 1 month later...
PsychologicalSafe15

How long did it take for headache to dissapeare ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• 2 weeks later...
Shellbell

@Cocopuffz17

thank you for sharing your story. I feel pretty hopeless at the moment. I’m also dealing with autoimmune disease. I have lupus and hashis. I’ve had these before all my troubles started. I went CT off Vicodin and then mirtazapine. Haven’t been the same since. Been a long time and every day is rough. 
I guess my question to you is did you experience severe ruminating thoughts or suicidal ideation at all? Those are my two worst symptoms at the moment. I did suffer akathesia but it’s slowly improving. Just wanted to reach out to you. My dr is telling me my anxiety and depression are because of my lupus and not withdrawals 

• 5-28-20 given cymbalta. Had bad reaction. Stopped immediately. 
  • 6-20-20 stopped vicodin after 5 years. Suffered akathesia. 
  • 7-20-20 to 11-13-20 mirtazapine. On 7.5 tapered for 8 weeks  jumped off at 1.5
  • 11/20 to Feb 3. .25 klonopin, tapered 4 weeks. Jumped off at .0935
  • present - med free. Still suffering from akathesia, insomnia,depression and anxiety
  • melatonin 1mg. Magnesium 400mg daily
PristiqMystique

Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, incredible story, man! These Psychopharmaceuticals really can do some serious damage to people and their lives. Congratulations on regaining your emotions (humanity)! It sounds like you’re doing great. I’m still somewhat of an emotional roller coaster after my ordeal but I have to say it’s much better than feeling nothing at all. I really think you hit a big point by emphasizing that a healthy lifestyle can help others to overcome withdrawal symptoms. 

All the best,

Connor 

Started on Psychoactive Medications at the age of 10, in 2009.Discontinued medications at age 20 (last official day taking anything was March 12th, 2020).Past medications: from 2015->2020. Adderall XR - 40 mg. Adderrall 2x throughout day - 20 mg (40 total). Abilify - 20 mg. Pristiq - 100 mg. Fluoxetine - 25 mg. L-Methyl Folate Supplement (Deplin) - 15 mg

6’ 285->180 pounds. August ‘19->Current
Runner (Daily 30->60+ minute Run for Mental Health bennies)

Working on B.S. in Chemistry with  Minor in Biology (intended graduation in Spring ‘23)

Recreational Lifter (3-4x/ week. Mostly Pull-ups, OHP, and Bench.)

Percussionist (mainly kit, various bands, school bands, Jazz Band, Church productions, etc.) since age 6