Cocopuffz - 11 years on paroxetine. It's nothing but a bad memory now. I am now free!!

Thanks for the reply dude. I think what I’m going to do before giving pp ago is swap out all the supermarket bought meats and veg and replace with more responsibly sourced organic products instead. And then maybe remove dairy and gluten one by one. Change my diet gradually and then if I feel it’s necessary to do so start a plant based diet from there. I feel like subtle adjustments of my lifestyle will allow me to gauge which ones are individually providing the most benefit. I’m already quite a disciplined eater but the thought of restricting myself further is a daunting task. Can I ask.. what drew PP to your attention in the first place? As far as I can see it divides opinion between its disciples and haters.  

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

• Mentor
16 hours ago, Kimboslice said:

Thanks for the reply dude. I think what I’m going to do before giving pp ago is swap out all the supermarket bought meats and veg and replace with more responsibly sourced organic products instead. And then maybe remove dairy and gluten one by one. Change my diet gradually and then if I feel it’s necessary to do so start a plant based diet from there. I feel like subtle adjustments of my lifestyle will allow me to gauge which ones are individually providing the most benefit. I’m already quite a disciplined eater but the thought of restricting myself further is a daunting task. Can I ask.. what drew PP to your attention in the first place? As far as I can see it divides opinion between its disciples and haters.  

No problem! Absolutely, I like that approach... this is what I have done with reinstating foods. I had been doing a lot of reading on leaky gut and the relation to autoimmune conditions. I was struggling with my autoimmune condition and losing my hair. I came across it and read the book The Plant Paradox. The doctor goes very in depth on the function of lectins and how they are proteins designed by plants to defend themselves(tearing little holes in our gut wall, creating leaky gut). He has many followers that have great success stories with reversing autoimmune conditions with nutrition. I felt the best I have ever felt in my life after 6 short weeks(this is when I knew that I would be able to get off and that nutrition played a massive role as my medication had stayed the same) I have strayed from the nutrition lifestyle lately and I feel way worse. So I will get back on it 100%. Every single time I shift away from it I feel instantly terrible. I hope you all the best :)

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Rondasavage said:

Hey @Cocopuffz17just checking up is the magnesium working still?

It seems to be. I have upped it from 300mg to 450mg and will further go to 600mg under the guidance of my naturopath. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Rondasavage said:

@Cocopuffz17ok sounds good how long you been on the magnesium and is the magnesium glycinate? Also do you take it in the morning or night.

I've been taking magnesium citrate 300 mg for over 2 years. I upped it to 450mg like 2 months ago. I take mine between 5-8 at night. 

@Cocopuffz17 idk if its just me tripping but that look in your eyes in the picture with the blue hoodie on , i swear thats how my eyes look when I'm in a wave .... thats how i can always tell im in a wave and its crazy cuz the look in my eyes tell just how im feeling inside ... i wonder does anyone else see it in their eyes , my bf also can tell by my eyes and facial expression and im not forcing myself to do it it just does it by it self 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

@Cocopuffz17 idk if its just me tripping but that look in your eyes in the picture with the blue hoodie on , i swear thats how my eyes look when I'm in a wave .... thats how i can always tell im in a wave and its crazy cuz the look in my eyes tell just how im feeling inside ... i wonder does anyone else see it in their eyes , my bf also can tell by my eyes and facial expression and im not forcing myself to do it it just does it by it self 

You aren't tripping. I definitely noticed a huge difference in my eyes when I was in a wave compared to a window. 

Thank you for replying , man I can hella notice the difference, it’s like we look like how we feel inside 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

hi coco , can you answer me one question , pleeease what does "stabilizing" mean in withdraw? does this term relate to me someone who ct because of adverse reaction 

currently taking mag

• Mentor
11 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

hi coco , can you answer me one question , pleeease what does "stabilizing" mean in withdraw? does this term relate to me someone who ct because of adverse reaction 

Stabilizing is not having massive swings in how you feel. When you get a good baseline. I am really stable now and can pinpoint exactly what causes certain things in my mood. Ex) caffeine still spikes my anxiety, but no where near what it was a year ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

That was outstanding!!!  I’m 20yrs Paxil now off Sept 2019 with devastating PWS that hit the fan 3-4months after (Jan 2020).  Suffering from nearly every symptom you listed and more including awakening tremors and urinary frequency / urgency.  You give me hope.  You give my Family hope.  Had no idea of this SA site.  Was retried on 5 different AD last finishing 3 months ago.  Symptoms now worse.  Put me on Klonopin 1mg QHS for last year and a half. Another taper I will need to do.  Your courage, self discipline, and positivity are an inspiration to all.  Well done!  Go Live!  Abd thank you again for the Hope!

1999-2019 Paxil 20mg CR

Jan 2019-Sept 2019 Paxil wean 2mg/mo

April 14 2020 Klonopin 0.75 QHS

April 22-25 2020  Lexapro 10mg QD 

May 6-8 2020. Prozac 20mg. (Actication)

May 18-20 2020.  Cymbalta 20mg 

Sept 1-19 2020 Paxil 2mg to 4mg 

Jan 6-13 2021 Trintellix 5mg 

Feb 17-March 19 2021 Trintellix 10 (tinnitus)

April 15-May 24 2021 Zoloft 50 (dystonia)

July 7 2021 Still on Klonopin 1mg QHS and Flomax 0.4mg QHS

• 1 month later...

How long did it take for headache to dissapeare ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• 2 weeks later...

@Cocopuffz17

thank you for sharing your story. I feel pretty hopeless at the moment. I’m also dealing with autoimmune disease. I have lupus and hashis. I’ve had these before all my troubles started. I went CT off Vicodin and then mirtazapine. Haven’t been the same since. Been a long time and every day is rough. 
I guess my question to you is did you experience severe ruminating thoughts or suicidal ideation at all? Those are my two worst symptoms at the moment. I did suffer akathesia but it’s slowly improving. Just wanted to reach out to you. My dr is telling me my anxiety and depression are because of my lupus and not withdrawals 

• 5-28-20 given cymbalta. Had bad reaction. Stopped immediately. 
  • 6-20-20 stopped vicodin after 5 years. Suffered akathesia. 
  • 7-20-20 to 11-13-20 mirtazapine. On 7.5 tapered for 8 weeks  jumped off at 1.5
  • 11/20 to Feb 3. .25 klonopin, tapered 4 weeks. Jumped off at .0935
  • present - med free. Still suffering from akathesia, insomnia,depression and anxiety
  • melatonin 1mg. Magnesium 400mg daily
  • Vicodin one week. Stopped 12-5-21
  • temezapam prn 
  • sonata sleeping pill. Prn 
  • tried kratom for one week
  • 1-15-22 - symptoms - visual issues, dizziness, severe brain fog, suicidal ideations

Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, incredible story, man! These Psychopharmaceuticals really can do some serious damage to people and their lives. Congratulations on regaining your emotions (humanity)! It sounds like you’re doing great. I’m still somewhat of an emotional roller coaster after my ordeal but I have to say it’s much better than feeling nothing at all. I really think you hit a big point by emphasizing that a healthy lifestyle can help others to overcome withdrawal symptoms. 

All the best,

Connor 

Started on Psychoactive Medications at the age of 10, in 2009.Discontinued medications at age 20 (last official day taking anything was March 12th, 2020).Past medications: from 2015->2020. Adderall XR - 40 mg. Adderrall 2x throughout day - 20 mg (40 total). Abilify - 20 mg. Pristiq - 100 mg. Fluoxetine - 25 mg. L-Methyl Folate Supplement (Deplin) - 15 mg

6’ 285->180 pounds. August ‘19->Current
Runner (Daily 30->60+ minute Run for Mental Health bennies)

Working on B.S. in Chemistry with  Minor in Biology (intended graduation in Spring ‘23)

Recreational Lifter (3-4x/ week. Mostly Pull-ups, OHP, and Bench.)

Percussionist (mainly kit, various bands, school bands, Jazz Band, Church productions, etc.) since age 6 

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor
On 7/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, SCHope said:

That was outstanding!!!  I’m 20yrs Paxil now off Sept 2019 with devastating PWS that hit the fan 3-4months after (Jan 2020).  Suffering from nearly every symptom you listed and more including awakening tremors and urinary frequency / urgency.  You give me hope.  You give my Family hope.  Had no idea of this SA site.  Was retried on 5 different AD last finishing 3 months ago.  Symptoms now worse.  Put me on Klonopin 1mg QHS for last year and a half. Another taper I will need to do.  Your courage, self discipline, and positivity are an inspiration to all.  Well done!  Go Live!  Abd thank you again for the Hope!

Hey, hope is key. I never thought the state I am in now was possible. I clung onto every success story with every fibre of my body. It will get better!!!  

• Mentor
On 8/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

How long did it take for headache to dissapeare ?

Around 2 years although they reduced by a lot and during that time. I really only have minor bouts of tinnitus left. 

• Mentor
On 8/21/2021 at 11:53 AM, Shellbell said:

@Cocopuffz17

thank you for sharing your story. I feel pretty hopeless at the moment. I’m also dealing with autoimmune disease. I have lupus and hashis. I’ve had these before all my troubles started. I went CT off Vicodin and then mirtazapine. Haven’t been the same since. Been a long time and every day is rough. 
I guess my question to you is did you experience severe ruminating thoughts or suicidal ideation at all? Those are my two worst symptoms at the moment. I did suffer akathesia but it’s slowly improving. Just wanted to reach out to you. My dr is telling me my anxiety and depression are because of my lupus and not withdrawals 

Absolutely I did. It was always there and I knew it would be as I read many who went through that hell. I knew it would end as I trusted the individuals who had been through this and got through it. I don’t believe your doctor. I was told my depression/anxiety would be a lifetime ordeal. I focus on my nutrition and exercise as I know these are very impactful on my life and my mental state. 

• Mentor
On 8/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, PristiqMystique said:

Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, incredible story, man! These Psychopharmaceuticals really can do some serious damage to people and their lives. Congratulations on regaining your emotions (humanity)! It sounds like you’re doing great. I’m still somewhat of an emotional roller coaster after my ordeal but I have to say it’s much better than feeling nothing at all. I really think you hit a big point by emphasizing that a healthy lifestyle can help others to overcome withdrawal symptoms. 

All the best,

Connor 

Hey Connor, 

These drugs can absolutely devastate you. I finally broke free once I said this makes no sense what my docs are telling me and I (with the help of the forum) finally broke free of this life sentence. A healthy lifestyle is key as I still notice when I drink or eat bad foods that my mental state suffers. 

• 2 months later...

@Cocopuffz17

thanks for your testimony! gives me hope!
I'm at the end of my paroxetine cone, I'm at 1.5mg, but the withdrawal symptoms are very strong.
especially the very strong fatigue and insomnia. do you have any tips to overcome insomnia?
did you have heart problems? I feel very tired ..

2013-2014 paroxetina 10 mg non costante (alcuni mesi l'ho usata altri l'ho interrotta)

2015-2019 paroxetina 20 mg con diversi tentativi falliti di diminuire (troppo velocemente)

Giugno 2020 paroxetina a 15 mg a lenta insorgenza (circa 10%) Luglio 2020 12 mg - Agosto 2020 10 mg - Settembre 2020 8 mg - Ottobre 2020 7 mg - Novembre 2020 6 mg - Dicembre 2020 5 mg - Gennaio 2021 4,5 mg - Febbraio 2021 4 mg - marzo 2021 3,5 mg - 

Aprile 2021 - Giugno 2021 a 3 mg di paroxetina + 15 gocce di clonazepam (5 ogni 8 ore) per aiutare i sintomi di astinenza

Luglio 2021 2,5 mg - Agosto 2021 2 mg -

Settembre 2021 - Gennaio 2022 gravi sintomi di astinenza 1,5 mg di paroxetina + 15 gocce di clonazepam (5 ogni 8 ore) per aiutare i sintomi di astinenza 

• Mentor
14 hours ago, dream said:

@Cocopuffz17

thanks for your testimony! gives me hope!
I'm at the end of my paroxetine cone, I'm at 1.5mg, but the withdrawal symptoms are very strong.
especially the very strong fatigue and insomnia. do you have any tips to overcome insomnia?
did you have heart problems? I feel very tired ..

Hey dream! You are welcome! You are almost there!!! Fatigue was very hard for me as well. I slept a lot and was not hard on myself as I knew I needed it. I used melatonin for insomnia. It helped me a lot 🙂 No heart problems that I know of. I did get Covid the delta variant in September and now am the more physically active I’ve ever been in my life! 

It will get better even though you feel like it never will. I felt this way for a long time and now I am stronger and faster than I have ever been. You got this!

Never forget that everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

Hey Coco, @Cocopuffz17

I stumbled on your story while I was searching Reddit for any help on the symptoms I have been experiencing. Your story gives me so much hope!

I have been struggling with withdrawal symptoms of sever headaches that seem to be under my eyes, and frontal lobes of my forehead, severe tinnitus, and fatigue for about 11 months now.

I tried reinstating the fluoxetine but it seemed to just give me more headaches. I'm not sure if I should pursue reinstating microdoses of fluoxetine to try and keep working through this or if this is just my sentence of struggle for another 12 months with the hope that my brain is healing. Could you give me some insight or advise?

Thanks!!

Fluoxetine 10 mg for 2 months

Fluoxetine 25mg for 4 years

Fluoxetine 10 mg for a few months

Fluoxetine zero

Brain zaps

Back up to Fluoxetine 10mg

Zero Fluoxetine for 4 months - After 4 months extreme withdrawal symptoms surfaced

Sertraline 25 mg for 4 weeks - couldn't stabilize. 

Fluoxetine 10mg then 5mg 2 weeks couldn't stabilize

Fluoxetine zero - Experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms since 4/2021

@Cocopuffz17

Thank you, I hope so! Since you removed every psychiatric drug, how long has it been before you started feeling good? Have you experienced waves and windows? Thanks again, you don't know how well some hope does!

2013-2014 paroxetina 10 mg non costante (alcuni mesi l'ho usata altri l'ho interrotta)

2015-2019 paroxetina 20 mg con diversi tentativi falliti di diminuire (troppo velocemente)

Giugno 2020 paroxetina a 15 mg a lenta insorgenza (circa 10%) Luglio 2020 12 mg - Agosto 2020 10 mg - Settembre 2020 8 mg - Ottobre 2020 7 mg - Novembre 2020 6 mg - Dicembre 2020 5 mg - Gennaio 2021 4,5 mg - Febbraio 2021 4 mg - marzo 2021 3,5 mg - 

Aprile 2021 - Giugno 2021 a 3 mg di paroxetina + 15 gocce di clonazepam (5 ogni 8 ore) per aiutare i sintomi di astinenza

Settembre 2021 - Gennaio 2022 gravi sintomi di astinenza 1,5 mg di paroxetina + 15 gocce di clonazepam (5 ogni 8 ore) per aiutare i sintomi di astinenza 

@Cocopuffz17

Grazie, lo spero! Da quando hai rimosso tutti gli psicofarmaci, quanto tempo è passato prima che iniziassi a sentirti bene? Hai sperimentato onde e finestre? Grazie ancora, non sai quanto bene fa qualche speranza!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mentor
On 12/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, Moment19 said:

Hey Coco, @Cocopuffz17

I stumbled on your story while I was searching Reddit for any help on the symptoms I have been experiencing. Your story gives me so much hope!

I have been struggling with withdrawal symptoms of sever headaches that seem to be under my eyes, and frontal lobes of my forehead, severe tinnitus, and fatigue for about 11 months now.

I tried reinstating the fluoxetine but it seemed to just give me more headaches. I'm not sure if I should pursue reinstating microdoses of fluoxetine to try and keep working through this or if this is just my sentence of struggle for another 12 months with the hope that my brain is healing. Could you give me some insight or advise?

Thanks!!

I know your struggle and those headaches are debilitating. I personally did not resinstate that far out because there is a chance that it will not work. I personally took that risk. I am doing much much better. I am closing in on 3 years post zero coming off this poison. 

On 12/19/2021 at 12:56 AM, dream said:

@Cocopuffz17

Thank you, I hope so! Since you removed every psychiatric drug, how long has it been before you started feeling good? Have you experienced waves and windows? Thanks again, you don't know how well some hope does!

It was 12-15 months before I started having more windows than waves. Now I very seldomly have a wave. If I do they are tied to poor nutritonal choices or excess stress. I am also the most active I have ever been in my life. I just ran my second half marathon this past weekend. I set personal bests in my 21k, 10k and 5k. I also did a 240k bike ride that took 16 hrs. This is stuff that I thought I would of never been able to do in my life ever again when I was unable to do 1 push up in 2019.  I am not in better shape than I was 10 years ago. I will continue to improve and become faster and stronger. The hell I endured coming off this medication made me extremely mentally tough and proved to me that anything is possible with a shift in mindset and lifestyle changes to improve your physical/mental health. Never forget that everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

Hey coco

Thank you for being on the site and helping us all out with your success story. I am happy to see that you have made so much progress. It really gives hope to me still deep in withdrawal. 

11 July 2018 3.75mg zopiclone 14 days missed one dose at least doubled one dose 

22 July 2018 2 mg Valium one week ish

30/july/18 quetiapine 25

31/july/2018 quetiapine 100

1/August/2018 quetiapine 200

14/August/2018 quetiapine 100

14/ September /2018 Quetiapine 87.5mg

Not doing so well on this drop. 

many changes up and down as doctors didn't believe me when I said I needed to go slowly down. Withdrawal became impossible to function and I was hospitalised. 

Feb 2021- now  10 mg olanzapine 

On 1/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

I know your struggle and those headaches are debilitating. I personally did not resinstate that far out because there is a chance that it will not work. I personally took that risk. I am doing much much better. I am closing in on 3 years post zero coming off this poison. 

It was 12-15 months before I started having more windows than waves. Now I very seldomly have a wave. If I do they are tied to poor nutritonal choices or excess stress. I am also the most active I have ever been in my life. I just ran my second half marathon this past weekend. I set personal bests in my 21k, 10k and 5k. I also did a 240k bike ride that took 16 hrs. This is stuff that I thought I would of never been able to do in my life ever again when I was unable to do 1 push up in 2019.  I am not in better shape than I was 10 years ago. I will continue to improve and become faster and stronger. The hell I endured coming off this medication made me extremely mentally tough and proved to me that anything is possible with a shift in mindset and lifestyle changes to improve your physical/mental health. Never forget that everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

Thank you for your success story, it gives hope
I'm halfway there (Anafranil)
One of the most disturbing symptoms is rapid exhaustion and physical fatigue
I slowly reduce by 5-10% per month
I got very tired after an 2-3 hour of work
I sleep for 1-1.5 hours every day.
Hopefully my energy and powerlessness will pass someday.
How have you recovered?
Has your ability to work improved now that you are no longer taking an antidepressant?

Xanax 0,5mg 1999-2019 a Xanax 0,5mg paar korda kuus, vajadusel

Cymbalta 30mg 2012-25.04.2018 kitsenev 2-3 kuud,rasked sümptomid 1 nädal pärast viimast annust

Amitriptüliin 25mg 25.05.18-20.01.19 ,kitsenev 2-3 kuuga, unetus, paanika-ärevus, segasusseisund, iiveldus

Valdoxan 25mg 10.02.19-10.03.19, ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, Lorasepaam 10.02.19-20.02.19 vajadusel üleöö

Brintellix 5mg 10.03.19-30.06.19 ,ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, hirme, segasust ja unetust, olin haiglas 1 nädal

Olansapiin 5mg 01.03.19-02.08.19,unetuse leevendamiseks suureneb segasus, suureneb depressioon, tekib raske akatiisia Cymbalta 30mg 30.06.19-01.08.19,ei tööta enam, olukord ei stabiliseeru, jälle haiglas 2 nädalat

Levomepromasiin 5mg 03.08.19-20.12.19 aitas magada, kuid suurendas segadust ja depressiooni

Anafraniil 75mg03.08.19-15.12.19  15.12.19 , 35mg  17.05.20  , 27mg 01.01.21 16.07.21 oli päevane A19 mg 01.04.22 11mg 01.11.22 8,6mg, 01.11.23 6,5mg 01.01.24 5mg

• Mentor
On 1/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, Lilabella said:

Hey coco

Thank you for being on the site and helping us all out with your success story. I am happy to see that you have made so much progress. It really gives hope to me still deep in withdrawal. 

You are welcome Lilabella. It is a very tough thing to go through. But you can get through it! I hope you all the best :) 

7 hours ago, Estman said:

Thank you for your success story, it gives hope
I'm halfway there (Anafranil)
One of the most disturbing symptoms is rapid exhaustion and physical fatigue
I slowly reduce by 5-10% per month
I got very tired after an 2-3 hour of work
I sleep for 1-1.5 hours every day.
Hopefully my energy and powerlessness will pass someday.
How have you recovered?
Has your ability to work improved now that you are no longer taking an antidepressant?

You are welcome Estman. Yes, it did not matter what I did I had very very low energy levels during withdrawals. Especially the first 6-9 months. I would just fall asleep during class or sleep 16 hour days. That is very little sleep :(.  I hope you can get better rest to help with recovery :) 

I feel fairly well now a days. I have been very active and have done a lot of things that I thought I would of never been able to do back in withdrawals. 

Yes, I can think much better. I have been able to handle much more stressful situations that I could not handle before. I have been able to put my body through more extensive physical activity that would knock me out for a few days before. Nutrition is key for me. I notice if I get off course too much that I feel awful and it is a reminder to get back to what has worked for me. 

On 1/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

You are welcome Lilabella. It is a very tough thing to go through. But you can get through it! I hope you all the best :) 

You are welcome Estman. Yes, it did not matter what I did I had very very low energy levels during withdrawals. Especially the first 6-9 months. I would just fall asleep during class or sleep 16 hour days. That is very little sleep :(.  I hope you can get better rest to help with recovery :) 

I feel fairly well now a days. I have been very active and have done a lot of things that I thought I would of never been able to do back in withdrawals. 

Yes, I can think much better. I have been able to handle much more stressful situations that I could not handle before. I have been able to put my body through more extensive physical activity that would knock me out for a few days before. Nutrition is key for me. I notice if I get off course too much that I feel awful and it is a reminder to get back to what has worked for me. 

Thank you, your story inspires me
At the moment I can do little and I can't do sports
Strangely, the antidepressant was given to me 10 years ago because of chronic fatigue
Did you also get tired quickly while still taking the antidepressant?

Xanax 0,5mg 1999-2019 a Xanax 0,5mg paar korda kuus, vajadusel

Cymbalta 30mg 2012-25.04.2018 kitsenev 2-3 kuud,rasked sümptomid 1 nädal pärast viimast annust

Amitriptüliin 25mg 25.05.18-20.01.19 ,kitsenev 2-3 kuuga, unetus, paanika-ärevus, segasusseisund, iiveldus

Valdoxan 25mg 10.02.19-10.03.19, ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, Lorasepaam 10.02.19-20.02.19 vajadusel üleöö

Brintellix 5mg 10.03.19-30.06.19 ,ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, hirme, segasust ja unetust, olin haiglas 1 nädal

Olansapiin 5mg 01.03.19-02.08.19,unetuse leevendamiseks suureneb segasus, suureneb depressioon, tekib raske akatiisia Cymbalta 30mg 30.06.19-01.08.19,ei tööta enam, olukord ei stabiliseeru, jälle haiglas 2 nädalat

Levomepromasiin 5mg 03.08.19-20.12.19 aitas magada, kuid suurendas segadust ja depressiooni

Anafraniil 75mg03.08.19-15.12.19  15.12.19 , 35mg  17.05.20  , 27mg 01.01.21 16.07.21 oli päevane A19 mg 01.04.22 11mg 01.11.22 8,6mg, 01.11.23 6,5mg 01.01.24 5mg

Hi @Cocopuffz17!

Thanks for your story! CONGRATULATIONS! You have NO idea how much your story means to me!

I wanted to ask you some questions:

1.- Did you have low/no libido while you were on antidepressants or was it just after cessation or both? Was it low or no libido? Did your libido return? How long did it take?

2.- Did you have stiff muscles when you started your down-titration? Did it go away? How long did it take? 

My taper has been "successful"..this time...so far. 

Thanks and big hugs, brother!

TaperShaperVXR 

Drug History: 

1. 1995 (+/-) to 12/14/21 = 37.5mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)
  2. 12/15/21 to 3/13/22 = 18.75mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)
  3. 3/14/22 to 7/27/22 = 9.375mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)
  4. 7/28/22 to 11/27/22 = 4.68mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)
  5. 11/28/22 - 7/21/23 = 2.34mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)
  6. 7/22/23 - Present = 1.17mg Venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR)

-Note: More specifically, over the last 25+/- years, I have been on 37.5mg most of the time (except about 3, 10-month periods on 75mg; and 2, 10-month periods attempting a down-titration/taper below 37.5mg). 

Current Drug Status: 7/22/23 to present = 1.17mg Venlafaxine XR

•Current Tapering Method: I have been reducing each subsequent dose by 50% (of last dose), and holding there for as long as it takes to feel stable. 

Taper History: I attempted 2 tapers in the past. But reinstated 37.5mg due to HORRIFIC withdrawal symptoms. I tapered too fast.

Miscellaneous: I am on NO other psych drugs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mentor
On 1/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, Estman said:

Thank you, your story inspires me
At the moment I can do little and I can't do sports
Strangely, the antidepressant was given to me 10 years ago because of chronic fatigue
Did you also get tired quickly while still taking the antidepressant?

You are welcome :) I am glad I can give you hope! 

It will get better. I was there to. I literally could not do 1 push up in the worst of withdrawals. I now run/workout often! 

Yes, my body was all messed up. I was soooo tired all the time, but could not fall asleep. It was so odd and infuriating as it messed with my health a lot with having very little sleep. 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:04 PM, TaperShaperVXR said:

Hi @Cocopuffz17!

Thanks for your story! CONGRATULATIONS! You have NO idea how much your story means to me!

I wanted to ask you some questions:

1.- Did you have low/no libido while you were on antidepressants or was it just after cessation or both? Was it low or no libido? Did your libido return? How long did it take?

2.- Did you have stiff muscles when you started your down-titration? Did it go away? How long did it take? 

My taper has been "successful"..this time...so far. 

Thanks and big hugs, brother!

TaperShaperVXR 

Hey TaperShaper

You are welcome :) I am happy you have found hope in my story as I know how hard this war we go against in withdrawals. 

I had an above average sex drive while on the med. My libido was crushed after I came off the medication. It still is not anywhere near what it was while on the med. But much better now than it was during the first 0-24 months.

I had insane muscle tightness while on the med. I would get injuries and they would not heal because my body was so tight that new blood would not come in. I literally could only get injured areas to bruise after a massage. I had a fairly bad quad contusion that took over a year to heal. Like I could barely walk and it healed VERY SLOWLY. Only improvements were after massages and bruises came the next day. I now how less muscle tighteness and can actually feel my muscles isolating as compared to when I was on the med I could not. 

That's awesome! Keep it up and I hope all the best in a smooth taper for you :) 

You are welcome! Have a great week! 

Good morning @Cocopuffz17 , how are you doing ?  Thank you for your story, it gives me a little strength because I myself have been very, very bad on several occasions and I am still today.  Resumed treatment several times after major withdrawal symptoms.  I am a man and I stopped for 2 months.  But I am still very tired with insomnia.  Like you, I was doing half marathons and marathons but today when I run even 20 minutes I come home and I have a very bad headache I have no energy I get tired quickly.  When did you feel good about playing sports?  Now when you sleep do you wake up to rest?  Like before taking this drug.  Did you stare blankly?  Did it get better and did you have premature ejaculation or no orgasm?  Sorry for all my questions but the symptoms I have are making me suffer a lot and if I know it won't be for life it will help me a lot.  Especially to become the person I was before.  Meal level good mood sexuality etc

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hi there Cocopufz. What a great success story! You look so happy and healthy now. This is such an inspiration.

Thanks for posting. Marie.

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

• Mentor
On 2/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, marie123 said:

Hi there Cocopufz. What a great success story! You look so happy and healthy now. This is such an inspiration.

Thanks for posting. Marie.

Hey Marie, Thanks :) always a work in progress! You are welcome. I hope you all the best :D 

• Mentor
On 2/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, Parisien said:

Good morning @Cocopuffz17 , how are you doing ?  Thank you for your story, it gives me a little strength because I myself have been very, very bad on several occasions and I am still today.  Resumed treatment several times after major withdrawal symptoms.  I am a man and I stopped for 2 months.  But I am still very tired with insomnia.  Like you, I was doing half marathons and marathons but today when I run even 20 minutes I come home and I have a very bad headache I have no energy I get tired quickly.  When did you feel good about playing sports?  Now when you sleep do you wake up to rest?  Like before taking this drug.  Did you stare blankly?  Did it get better and did you have premature ejaculation or no orgasm?  Sorry for all my questions but the symptoms I have are making me suffer a lot and if I know it won't be for life it will help me a lot.  Especially to become the person I was before.  Meal level good mood sexuality etc

Hey Parisien, I am doing well. You are welcome. It will get better this is a very challenging thing to go through. It took me quite sometime to be able to get back to playing sports at a competitive level. I'd say 2 years before I did not have insanely crushing headaches from going all out. I get much better sleep now. I still lose focus and zone out, but that is how I have always been. I did not have that, but I did lose my libido for a long time, around 2 years. No worries with the questions. I totally understand. It definitely will not be for life. I had the exact same feeling as you that it won't get better and I cannot believe how I am feeling now compared to 1-2 years ago. I hope you all the best in continued healing :) 

16 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Hé Parisien, je vais bien. Je vous en prie. Ça ira mieux, c'est une chose très difficile à traverser. Il m'a fallu pas mal de temps pour pouvoir me remettre à faire du sport à un niveau compétitif. Je dirais que 2 ans avant, je n'avais pas de maux de tête incroyablement écrasants à force de tout donner. Je dors beaucoup mieux maintenant. Je perds toujours ma concentration et je m'éloigne, mais c'est comme ça que j'ai toujours été. Je n'avais pas ça, mais j'ai perdu ma libido pendant longtemps, environ 2 ans. Pas de soucis avec les questions. Je comprends parfaitement. Ce ne sera certainement pas pour la vie. J'ai eu exactement le même sentiment que vous que ça ne s'améliorera pas et je ne peux pas croire ce que je ressens maintenant par rapport à il y a 1-2 ans. Je vous souhaite tout le meilleur dans la poursuite de la guérison:) 

Thank you for your answer so you have found your libido as it was before taking antidepressants after two years?  And you did not have premature ejaculation when you stopped your treatment?

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021