MrAnxious
Posted (edited)

Introduction topic:  ☼-mranxious-3-months-off-effexor-xr-6-years-on

Heyyyyyy 😊 

I am alive !!!!!! Out there living a life that I am proud of and comfortable with. Pheww I am one of the blessed ones to have breached the other side and lived to talk about and YOU WILL TOO  !! That was one hell of a ride. One that is FAR FAR FAR in the rearview mirror 🙃 If you have read my story, you will know that I went through literally the most traumatic event in my life and that was "Effexor Withdrawal". 

From start to finish I was unsure I would make it through this time, but here I am and let me tell you "Its a process". This will not happen overnight...BUT if you make the right moves, eat healthy and take your vitamins, time will heal, only time BUT everything you do in the mean time will make the difference in the end. 

Here is what I did :

-Increased Omega 3:6:9 daily

-Lots of purified water

-Maximize sleep if you can and set a goof environment to be able to sleep(No sleeping drugs)

-eliminated processed foods and to a whole food plant based lifestyle(THE BIGGEST GAME CHANGER for me and healer I believe*

-Cut out all toxic people 

-light walks/bikes/swims daily(Key word "light". 

-meditation- daily(Prayer as well daily)

-Church

-daily mantras "I will heal" "I will get better" "I am getting better"

-Reading books, occupying my time

-Multivitamin and mineral support tablet

I went from being a very anxious person once off Effexor for months and months of withdrawal , to now years later, a fully functional human being again 😎

I fully believe that in order to fully heal, you need to be fully off any pharmatheuticals (Per doctors orders of course, my disclosure) ughh 😋

Oh yes and find a good doctor that will listen to you and meet your needs "YOUR NEEDS". 

I have found a wonderful doctor and he is all about my plant life and healing and he is all about me living my best life drug free.

Whatever you are going through right now, just know it gets so much better. It can takes months to years to recover.

Realize this is your journey and a special one. Myself personally believes that god has transformed my old life into my new life and I can't be ever more thankful and grateful. One hell of a adventure but "hey" I love who I am more now and have grown exponentially since this ordeal. 

I have days where I cry happy tears over the smallest things, butterfly on a flower, old person smiling, to the breeze blowing off the lake , to the food on my plate. I never appreciated it before Effexor and I took it for granted, now it just happens and i love it 😊

I guess it all depends how you look at it, but when things get grim and they will, come back here, read my story and just know you are all in good hands😊

The effort you put out now in the throws of this awful withdrawal, will eventually become the reward you see in your future !!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO RECOVER MY FRIENDS, ALL OF YOU !!!! STAY CALM AND SOLDIER ON, stay safe and always consult your doctor before making any moves and if they don't listen to you : FIND A NEW ONE !!!! But always stay in close touch with them please 😎

This website has been a game changer and so are all the admins* Beautiful hard working volunteers 🧡💛💚💜💖

*Taper, taper, taper your mediction , this is most important, don't rush a taper just because you start feeling good. It will catch up to you, stay the course 😎 or possibly suffer grave setbacks *

*Feel free to message me*

MR. A 

Edited by ChessieCat
added introduction topic link

Frogie

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

It was very nice to read that you healed and are living a wonderful life!

Take care,

Frogie xx

RachelSusan

@MrAnxious

Mr. A,

Thank you for your post.  It's really important for those of us on this site to hear from someone on "the other side."  Congrats for making it and the healthy life you now lead.

Warm wishes,

Rachel

AlaskanGlacier

Thanks for this post. Needed the inspiration and hope today. It's a long brutal journey and I can't wait to write my own success story! Thanks!

ChessieCat

Hi MrAnxious

Thank you for coming back to update us on your progress.  It great to hear that you are doing so well.

I moved your topic to the Success Stories Forum and your Introduction topic has been locked.

Congratulations.  It would be really appreciated if you could pop back in every now and then to let us know how your are.  Thank you.

Melissa5000

Thank you for your story!

I love to read succes stories! :)

It is very good to hear that you recovered. 

It gives me so much hope.

Happy2Heal

congratulations!!
how long have you been completely off all drugs?
I'm having a hard time reading the small print on signatures sorry!

On 7/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, MrAnxious said:

I have found a wonderful doctor and he is all about my plant life and healing and he is all about me living my best life drug free.

that  is fantastic!! I still haven't found a dr who is on my side in this regards, so I just stay away from drs in general, I'm so glad you were able to find one

I was on so many meds for so long,  I find most drs get very uncomfortable around me.

But that's ok, I think they need to feel a bit uncomfortable and they need to THINK about how they throw pills at ppl for every little thing.

I got off all meds and reversed multiple health conditions with a whole foods plant based diet and other lifestyle changes.

I could have done this years, no decades sooner, If I'd only known..

but anyway, I'm here now, fully recovered like you and I try not to take this good life for granted.

it's wonderful to be on "the other side" :)

so glad you made it, thanks for sharing your story

SufferingCelexa

@MrAnxious  Thank you for your upbeat post.  Can you say how old you are or how long it took from the time you stopped taking the last anti-depressant until you started feeling good again?  It sounds like you are in a positive place now.  Totally happy to hear that.