lxjuice

Has anybody taken antifungal tablets while tapering from psych drugs?

lxjuice

What was your experience in using any antifungal tablets except for terbinafine whilst tapering or just being sensitive to med changes? Which psych meds were you on? If your doctor made a temporary dose adjustment to your psych meds to account for the interaction with the antifungal, how did you find it?

Hopefully somebody has experience with this.

siwoue

I did, i took two kinds for an agressive candida and omg, i wish i hadnt. It got so much worse, the candida got worse, the wd, everything. Its 18 months since i took em.. And I regret it everyday. I still have candida on and off, not as bad. But i guess theres nothing to do but to wait it out.. Maybe its part of wd since i got it first like 2 months after CT Lexapro. 

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted text

ChessieCat

@lxjuice

What fungal issue are you needing to treat?

lxjuice
28 minutes ago, siwoue said:

I did, i took two kinds for an agressive candida and omg, i wish i hadnt. It got so much worse, the candida got worse, the wd, everything. Its 18 months since i took em.. And I regret it everyday. I still have candida on and off, not as bad. But i guess theres nothing to do but to wait it out.. Maybe its part of wd since i got it first like 2 months after CT Lexapro. 

Do you know which antifungal you took?

21 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

@lxjuice

What fungal issue are you needing to treat?

Ringworm. Terbinafine is the obvious choice since it doesn't interact with anything I'm on but it's resistant. So we're left with the azoles which interact a lot with basically everything. I may just have to put up with it and hope another 6 months of cycling creams will get rid of it. Product insert for quetiapine says to reduce dose to a sixth when taking an azole.... Possibly the most imprecise science I've ever heard.

siwoue
6 minutes ago, lxjuice said:

Do you know which antifungal you took?

Ringworm. Terbinafine is the obvious choice since it doesn't interact with anything I'm on but it's resistant. So we're left with the azoles which interact a lot with basically everything. I may just have to put up with it and hope another 6 months of cycling creams will get rid of it. Product insert for quetiapine says to reduce dose to a sixth when taking an azole.... Possibly the most imprecise science I've ever heard.

Hi! Yeah it was fluconazole and itraconazole. 

ChessieCat
10 hours ago, lxjuice said:

Ringworm

Ringworm can be treated by applying iodine.  My mum bred cats and that is what we used to get rid of them.

Edited by ChessieCat

composter

Interesting! I wouldn’t be surprised if antifungals exacerbated withdrawal symptoms. Awhile back I used a ketoconazole shampoo (topical antifungal) for dandruff and went through a bad wave soon after. Not sure if it was connected but I’ve stayed away from antifungals since. 

I agree with Chessie, I’d look into other remedies for the ringworm. Perhaps there are herbals like oregano you can take. 

Edited by composter