stela: Zyprexa, Abilify

stela

Hello, I would like to ask you, how to prepare little doses from Zyprexa 5 mg Velotab. It weighs 16 mg, and my scale is to 1 mg. I am not so good in making liquid form We do not have 2,5 mg Zyprexa in the market. Thanks for advice..

I have tapered off of Olanzapine 10 mg, half a year ago. Now I am tapering Abilify, I am on 8 mg from 10 (2021 November). 

2013- Aripiprazole(Abilify), attempted taper in 2018, too fast, Abilify restarted
2018- Zyprexa added,  10 mg., and then to 2.5 mg orodispersable tablet, tapered and off completely by May or June of 2021

2021- started taper from Abilify 10 mg tablet,  November 6- Abilify 8 mg

Hi, I am new here, I have started to taper Zyprexa 5 mg by 10%. I do not have to much experience, so that is why I came to this site to learn from your experiences. I was prescribed ABilify 10 mg, and Zyprexa 5 mg due to psychoses.

I have tapered off of Olanzapine 10 mg, half a year ago. Now I am tapering Abilify, I am on 8 mg from 10 (2021 November). 

2013- Aripiprazole(Abilify), attempted taper in 2018, too fast, Abilify restarted
2018- Zyprexa added,  10 mg., and then to 2.5 mg orodispersable tablet, tapered and off completely by May or June of 2021

• Altostrata changed the title to stela Zyprexa
  • Administrator

Welcome, stela.

Here are our Tips for tapering off olanzapine (Zyprexa)

Please read them and post any questions you may have here in your Introductions topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 5 weeks later...

Please, could you advise how to prepare doses of 10% reduction, when the pill weighs 16 mg, and my scale is up to 1mg. I am not good in making liquid. Thanks Dana

16mg sounds very small for a whole tablet. What is the exact readout on the display? (0.160, 0.016?)

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi stela, @stela

And welcome aboard. 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:12 PM, brassmonkey said:

16mg sounds very small for a whole tablet. What is the exact readout on the display? (0.160, 0.016?)

I wasn't sure if you had seen the ^.

Thanks,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...

On the display is 0.016 g. The tablet is dispersing.

• ChessieCat changed the title to stela: Zyprexa
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i would like to ask you, whether is possible to eliminate symptoms while being on drugs Zyprexa and Abilify, like tiredness, bad concentration and lack of motivation. I am already tapering Zyprexa, but it is slow process. Thank you for your reply.

• manymoretodays changed the title to stela: Zyprexa, Abilify
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi stela,  and welcome back,

4 hours ago, stela said:

Hi, i would like to ask you, whether is possible to eliminate symptoms while being on drugs Zyprexa and Abilify, like tiredness, bad concentration and lack of motivation. I am already tapering Zyprexa, but it is slow process. Thank you for your reply.

I got your most recent stand alone post moved from the relationship forum back here to your introduction.  

This makes it easier for us to see the context of your tapering and symptoms.

How have you been doing with the Zyprexa tapering?

Are you still working with the 5 mg(dosage) orally disintegrating tablet?

Have you had a chance to look at:  Tips for tapering off Zyprexa(olanzapine)  topic.

You'll find more about your form of Zyprexa and tapering at the bottom of the topic.

Are you still on the Abilify, dose of 10 mg?

How long have been on this absurd combination?

Have you a previous history with Antidepressants(AD's), Antipsychotics, or other psychoactive drugs or substances?

What does a day look like for you now?  Would you be able to do a days notes, which would include the time on the left, and then on the right note your medications by name and present dose?  Then  keep noting the time on the left, and then also on the right, what you are able to do, with your symptoms.

This should help:

Daily notes with sample post

Unfortunately, you are presently on a drug(s) and a drug combination that isn't real easy to overcome the effects of.  The things you mention:  tiredness, bad concentration, and lack of motivation.  These, as I'm sure you know by now, can be side effects or adverse effects of your medication(s).

Fortunately, you are trying to slowly reduce the Zyprexa now.

I don't think the Abilify is quite as brain deadening, as the Zyprexa.  I was never on Abilify.  I was on Zyprexa though.  Ugh......bad memories of that time.

Did they start the Abilify after the Zyprexa?

Has your doctor who gives you these prescriptions checked your liver and kidney function(s) lately?  This can be done easily with blood tests and should be done periodically when on drugs like yours.

Have a look: 
Drug interaction Report- from Drugs.com- Zyprexa, Abilify

Tell us a little more, in the way of the notes, and your current tapering.......when you can.

And just keep on, keeping on, doing the best you can for now........and finding the best times for focus, and movement, and some social.

You can also look at the Symptoms and Self Care forum for helps and ideas to cope.

You can also put symptoms by name, into the top right search box there, to find topics and discussions around your symptoms.

Glad to see you back.  Some of the other members may stop by with ideas on coping too! ❤️

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

@stela

Edited by manymoretodays
spell, additional

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was originaly on Abilify, and later when i got psychosis due to withrawal symtoms, they added Zyprexa. Now I am tapering Zyprexa and I am on 2.5 mg from 10. Going slowly.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great on the Zyprexa!  And on going slowly.

stela,

this will be helpful for us going forward too:

Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature

What is your sleep and activity level like now?  Any "psychosis" ?

Are you able to get some outside exercise time in every day?

And......do you have any on the ground(real people) level support for tapering?  No worries, if not, many of us do go it alone.

I am currently struggling with motivation, concentration, darkness(down) now too!  I was pretty exhausted there for a bit, that has thankfully past.

So.....we can challenge each other.  (I always bounce back and have maintained off drugs now for over 3 years.)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• 2 months later...

microtapering

Hello, I am microtapering Zyprexa and I make my own liquid of it The solution is 300 ml water, and 2,5 mg Zyprexa I take off 1 ml per day So the tapering should last 10 months. I would like to ask you whether this method is fine even for lower doses, where the cut is 10% per month, but form original dose Is it OK, or what should I do? Can  you advice? 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

• Moderator Emeritus

SA recommends tapering by calculating the 10% reduction on the current dose.

Please see the graphs at the bottom of Post #1 of this topic which shows the different in tapering based on original dose and current dose.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

It is okay to reduce by a set amount UNTIL you reach the point where the reduction is MORE than 10%, then you will need to start calculating on the current dose.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

stela,

I'm a little worried that you might be going a bit too fast stela.   

How long have you been doing the 2.5 oral disintigrating tablet in 300 mL of water? 

Or are you using a 5 mg oral disintegrating tablet in water?

And how is that going?  Any WD symptoms?  Or are you just planning for later, or planning ahead?

On 8/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, stela said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was originaly on Abilify, and later when i got psychosis due to withrawal symtoms, they added Zyprexa. Now I am tapering Zyprexa and I am on 2.5 mg from 10. Going slowly.

How quickly did you go down to 2.5 mg from 10 mg?  If you could put that in a signature, that would help.  And then note your other drug(s) too.  I think you might be on Abilify too still?

On 8/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, manymoretodays said:

stela,

this will be helpful for us going forward too:

Just click on that link for the how to on a signature and give it a try.  We just need the last 12-24 months of your tapering history.  You'll see.  And thankyou.  Just ask if you have any difficulties doing that.  The signature is what you see below other members posts.  And helps us all know, at a glance, your tapering history.

stela, when do you take your zyprexa and abilify each day?   And what are your present doses.  Could you note that in a reply, right here, on your introduction page?

And the why taper by 10% link is a definite read for you.  ChessieCat gave you that.

Here is the Tapering Zyprexa(olanzapine) topic as well, again, for your perusal.

I'm just wanting you to go slow, be cautious, to have a successful taper this time.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

microtapering

Hello,  can somebody help me with daily liquid microtapering? 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

I have 2,5 mg Zyprexa HOw do I make my own water solution, when I intend to take off 1 ml o the solution daily.  How much water to add?  Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved you new post here.

Please post questions in your Introduction topic.  The mods regularly check the Introduction forum for new posts by members.

This way your history is in one place and you don't need to repeat yourself.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Manymoretodays has requested that you create your drug signature.

She has also asked you some questions.  Please answer them.

See this post: 

How long have you been doing the 2.5 oral disintigrating tablet in 300 mL of water? I have been doing the solution for 3 months. 

Or are you using a 5 mg oral disintegrating tablet in water? Yes, I do. 

It is going pretty well, I do not have any withdrawals I am on 1,8 mg Zyprexa, and 10 mg Abilify. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi stela ,

Okay and thank you.

On 11/1/2020 at 2:30 AM, stela said:

How long have you been doing the 2.5 oral disintigrating tablet in 300 mL of water? I have been doing the solution for 3 months. 

Or are you using a 5 mg oral disintegrating tablet in water? Yes, I do. 

I am still a little confused by the above.  Do you mean that you are NOW just using the 2.5 mg oral disintegrating tab of Zyprexa in the 300 mL of water?

On 11/1/2020 at 2:34 AM, stela said:

It is going pretty well, I do not have any withdrawals I am on 1,8 mg Zyprexa, and 10 mg Abilify. 

That's good then.  No WD(withdrawal). 

I come up with  1.8 mg of Zyprexa would then be in 216 mL of water.  Based on 2.5 mg in 300 mL of water.

And then from the starting dose of 2.5 mg, 3 months ago,  you are now  28% decreased from 2.5 mg.  Which is not too bad.  That goes with our harm reduction,  why taper by 10% of my dose.

Generally, we do recommend, holding at each dose, for at least 4  weeks, before another taper. 

And then, each subsequent reduction, is based on the previous dose, rather than the starting dose.  So your next taper would be based on your current dose of 1.8 mg.

And no other medications right now?

If you just click on the arrow at the top right it will take you to the first post in the link.  And then just follow the instructions there.  Please let us know if you have difficulty with that and we can help guide you.  Sometimes it's a language difficulty, or computer usage difficulty.........but it is so helpful for us to see signatures.  You'll see other members signatures below their posts.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for your reply. I pull off extra 1ml every day, so I do not hold for 4 weeks Is it OK? 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, stela said:

Hi, thank you for your reply. I pull off extra 1ml every day, so I do not hold for 4 weeks Is it OK? 

Hi stela,  ^ this may be okay for awhile.  You are decreasing just a small amount daily, in dosage.  I think when you get down further in dosage, it may be better to go down by just a fixed amount with a good HOLD period after.  Otherwise, I'm concerned that that dose drops might cumulatively catch up with you, and you'll begin to feel WD.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, manymoretodays said:

Do you mean that you are NOW just using the 2.5 mg oral disintegrating tab of Zyprexa in the 300 mL of water?

And okay, if this is what you are doing now, ^,  Each 1 mL of solution is approximate to .00083 mg.  So each present decrease is very small.

How are you doing/feeling now? 

When do you take your Abilify-10 mg and when do you take your Zyprexa? The time, or hour that you take each of them.

Please attend to some of my questions in my previous post, above your last one, and give a try at a Signature.

Thankyou.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

hi manymoretodays, thanks for your reaction. i take abilify in the morning, and zyprexa in the evening. yes, the daily drop is tiny, so it is working for now. if i get to the lower doses, i do not exactly how to measure the way you mentioned. this method i found on benzo bodies, do you think it is different with AP?

Thanks dana

• Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature following the instructions in this link:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, stela said:

hi manymoretodays, thanks for your reaction. i take abilify in the morning, and zyprexa in the evening. yes, the daily drop is tiny, so it is working for now. if i get to the lower doses, i do not exactly how to measure the way you mentioned. this method i found on benzo bodies, do you think it is different with AP?

Thanks dana

We can help you figure it out.

We generally have members do AP's, with the same recommends that we use for AD's.

See:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Please try and get a signature done, stela. 

And give me some further clarity as to your Zyprexa liquid too. 

What type and strength of zyprexa are you putting in the 300 mL of water?

Thank you very much in advance. B)

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

i am putting 2.5 mg Zyprexa tablet. how do i make solution for daily microtapering for lower doses?

thank you

• 5 months later...

HI, I would like to ask you, what is the best way to taper 10 mg Aripiprazol. This is my second attempt, first one I went too fast and got psychosis. Thank you for your reply. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Previous post was moved to your Intro topic to keep your history all in one place.  Please keep all questions and discussion of your situation in this one thread to prevent confusion and duplication of effort.  Thank you.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• 5 months later...

Aripiprazol taper

Helo, can somebody guide me with Aripiprazol / Abilify/ taper? I would like to know more details about home made liquid taper. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/17/2021 at 6:51 AM, getofflex said:

Previous post was moved to your Intro topic to keep your history all in one place.  Please keep all questions and discussion of your situation in this one thread to prevent confusion and duplication of effort.  Thank you.  

I also moved a new topic to your Introduction topic.

SA works differently to many other forums.  Each member has their own Introduction topic.  Your Introduction topic is the best place for you to ask questions specific to your own situation and

On 8/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, manymoretodays said:

As requested last year (4 times I think), please create your drug signature.  This allows the staff to see your drug history at a glance.  We need to see details of the last 2 years and a summary of anything older than that.  Please follow these instructions:

10 hours ago, stela said:

Helo, can somebody guide me with Aripiprazol / Abilify/ taper? I would like to know more details about home made liquid taper. 

So that we can offer suggestions about when and how to taper the aripiprazol / Abilify, we would like to know the details, which will be in your drug signature when you create it, about what your reductions and any other drug changes you have made.

Ensuring that you are currently stable after your other drug/s reduction/s, will provide a good foundation for tapering the aripiprazol.

However, if you do not want the staff's assistance with this, here in the information about how to get non standard doses.  Please note that before we can respond to any future posts you will need to create the drug signature:

Tips for tapering off aripiprazole (Abilify)

On 5/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, stela said:

HI, I would like to ask you, what is the best way to taper 10 mg Aripiprazol. This is my second attempt, first one I went too fast and got psychosis. Thank you for your reply. 

9 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I also moved a new topic to your Introduction topic.

SA works differently to many other forums.  Each member has their own Introduction topic.  Your Introduction topic is the best place for you to ask questions specific to your own situation and

As requested last year (4 times I think), please create your drug signature.  This allows the staff to see your drug history at a glance.  We need to see details of the last 2 years and a summary of anything older than that.  Please follow these instructions:

So that we can offer suggestions about when and how to taper the aripiprazol / Abilify, we would like to know the details, which will be in your drug signature when you create it, about what your reductions and any other drug changes you have made.

Ensuring that you are currently stable after your other drug/s reduction/s, will provide a good foundation for tapering the aripiprazol.

However, if you do not want the staff's assistance with this, here in the information about how to get non standard doses.  Please note that before we can respond to any future posts you will need to create the drug signature:

Tips for tapering off aripiprazole (Abilify)

HI, my history signature is : I have been on abilify for 8 years. 3 years ago I started to taper , but went to fast and failed This time I taper from 10 mg of Abilify and I am on 8 mg. Tapering 10% per month. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi stela, and welcome back,

11 hours ago, stela said:

HI, my history signature is : I have been on abilify for 8 years. 3 years ago I started to taper , but went to fast and failed This time I taper from 10 mg of Abilify and I am on 8 mg. Tapering 10% per month. 

And okay, so your signature would look like this:

2013- Aripiprazole(Abilify), attempted taper in 2018, failed Abilify restarted(add in the restart dose here please)

2018- Zyprexa added, 2.5 mg orodispersable tablet, (please correct if wrong, I'm just trying to help you get it into a signature format, add in the year and month, you began Zyprexa taper, year and date of present dose, or when and if discontinued, or taper completed)

2021, re started taper from Abilify 10 mg tablet,  November 6- Abilify 8 mg

We would also want to see what you did with the Zyprexa there too, as I remember and you'll see above in your Introduction, what you told us when you arrived here.  *and I just added in a bit more above to what your signature might look like.  Make any corrections, as this is just meant to help you with the signature portion.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:13 AM, stela said:

Hello, I would like to ask you, how to prepare little doses from Zyprexa 5 mg Velotab. It weighs 16 mg, and my scale is to 1 mg. I am not so good in making liquid form We do not have 2,5 mg Zyprexa in the market. Thanks for advice..

So you would add in, briefly, your Zyprexa information too, to the signature.

The signature is the portion that you see below members(and staff) posts.  Are you seeing them when you view the site?  If not, check your device once signed in, to see if you can opt in to view signatures.

Then.....follow the links previous to this post, to get in and add your own signature.

This link will help.  Go to: AccountSettings/signature

Just click on the underlined link, and it should take you right there to type in your information.  Don't forget to hit the SAVE button when you are done.

The tips for tapering Aripiprazol, do include more information, on methods of tapering, including making your own liquid suspension too.  That link is in the post above mine.  You just click on the underlined passage, and you'll get there.  It's worth a full read, and you will find more on making a liquid there towards the bottom, starting with the heading: Dissolving tablets in water

And I quoted that section below.  Click on the right hand arrow to read more.

On 3/11/2012 at 5:34 PM, Altostrata said:

Dissolving tablets in water
Technically, the ordinary Abilify tablet is insoluble in water. For a drug that is "insoluble" in water, a pharmaceutical liquid to make suspensions might be the best option, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3068-pharmaceutical-liquids-to-make-suspensions/  (See compounding pharmacy section below.)

About solubility or insolubility, our esteemed member Rhi, a lab technician, has made many, many homemade liquids:

On 2/27/2013 at 10:30 AM, Rhi said:

Expand  Expand  

For general instructions about making your own liquid http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

So.......we will be grateful to see your signature, as it helps us, when you ask questions, to know, at a glance, where you are with your drug or in some cases drugs.

Also so sorry stela, to hear that you experienced some recent, as in months ago now I think psychosis symptoms.

If you'd like to narrate in a reply about that, I am happy to hear/listen and comfort, if it was a tough bout of symptoms. 

Good to see you back on the board.

mmt

* How to do a Drug Signature, summarize, what it is, sample signature, etc.

Edited by manymoretodays
signature links added, additional added to what stela's signature might look like after reviewing previous posts here

• Moderator Emeritus

Transferring from PM.

21 minutes ago, stela said:

HI, I just filled in my hisotry. 

I am looking foward to your reply. 

And yeah, good first try, and you got to your signature! 

You also completed your Zyprexa taper!!!!

Wowser.

I have tapered off of Olanzapine 10 mg, half a year ago. Now I am tapering Abilify, I am on 8 mg from 10. 

Here's what you have now ^

As next year we won't be clear on what a half a year ago refers to.......

What do you think of this minor change but with years and dates made clear?  Also, more of a list format makes it easier to understand, at a glance, for all.

2013- Aripiprazole(Abilify), attempted taper in 2018, Abilify restarted(add in the restart dose here, if remembered, and correct the year if I am wrong)
2018- Zyprexa added, 2.5 mg orodispersable tablet, tapered and off completely by May or June of 2021

Just a few minor changes, then go to AccountsSettings/signature again, and make the minor edits, then Save again.

I think that it is beautiful, your effort, and try stela!  Just one more edit to go.

And then, ask away around your Abilify taper, right here.  How have you been tapering it so far?  Weighing, liquid?  And when did you start reducing it?

Remember too, slow like a turtle.......wins the race.

How are you doing overall right now too?  I'm always the inquiring mind that wants to know.

I am over and out now, but thank you so much.  Very happy with your efforts!  Made my mid-day!!!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
minor, for readability

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi stela,

I'm seeing that you put in the information, with years now.

Very good.

I'll remove my lavender prompts there.  

We are not a continuously staffed, and do not have people standing by to answer your queries immediately each time they are posted or reposted.  I am now watching and following your posts, so that you will not get missed.  I am usually able to come round and post a couple of times a week, at present.

Have you had a chance to read through and study a bit the topic on tapering aripiprazole?

Tips for Tapering off Abilify(aripiprazole)

You could see if the pharmacy liquid is available in your country.  And you will see the other options for how to do decreases that would be only 10% or less from each previous dose.

AND.......I just want to make sure that you are doing okay after your olanzapine taper, before you get going too far with your aripiprazole taper.

How are you doing now, after coming off the olanzapine 10 mg?

What dose did you jump off at, or end your taper at with the olanzapine?

Are you experiencing any WD(withdrawal) symptoms now, or since being off the olanzapine?

These could be symptoms like insomnia/sleeplessness, or even changes in your thinking.......things like delusions, or lots of thoughts, paranoia feelings, and related to the removal of olanzapine. 

Sometimes WD symptoms hit months after coming off, and so that is why I ask.

On 2/7/2013 at 8:00 PM, Altostrata said:

Very careful tapering is necessary when you have had psychotic symptoms. Such symptoms can appear as withdrawal symptoms; that will cause you to become diagnosed as relapsed and re-medicated. Read Psychiatrist: Some patients are better off without antipsychotics...

And then also there is some more recent work, on deprescribing antipsychotics(AP's) here:

Horowitz, 2021: A Method for Tapering Antipsychotic Treatment that May Minimize the Risk of Relapse

Are you on any other drugs right now?

How did you do the decrease with your 10 mg dosage of aripiprazole to 8 mg?

I think that a little bit of caution should be in order to go very slowly now, with your aripiprazole taper, most especially since it has only been 6 months(one half year) since you came off the olanzapine.  Are you experiencing any thinking difficulties, or anything at all like the psychosis that you had before? 

We really want you to go slow enough, and careful enough so that your brain can re-adapt, to the changes that the medicines/drugs induced back to a more baseline receptor and neurotransmitter state.

Do you have some good support going where you are now?  This can be important too, for a successful taper.

And, I just want to repeat, that I don't want you to go too quickly, if this is your last drug to come off of.  This taper of aripiprazole may take years, and that's okay.......if during the taper time, you are getting better, and doing okay.

Good job stela on doing your best with the signature.  Appreciated.

And then see how you do with my other questions today or when you get to them.   I bolded them.

I hope you are well enough and thriving.

mmt