Conspiracies

How is it possible that someone who got a degree and is wearing a white button down coat in a lab somewhere invented a pill that if you take it for a few months you could be in unimaginable agony for years to come or even a decade....my thoughts are beginning to become conspiratorial, Are we part of some kind of government program???? I dont want to come off as paranoid or unhinged but certainly the chemistry involved in this wasnt an accident....somethings going on , does anyone feel similar? 

I just feel like they are messing with stuff they don't understand.  It makes me extremely angry especially that they don't believe us and so continue to allow others this possibility of horrific torture. Who deserves this fate? Meanwhile, there are herbal alternatives that could have prevented all of this for us

BTW, I see you're 7 years in, I'm sorry.  I'm only 1.5 years on; I have had some luck with vitamin supplementation and other supplements.  I would be looking into ALL of those if you haven't already.  What are your worst symptoms?

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Jan 16-Feb 2019 Fast tapered Lexapro after spontaneous kundalini syndrome 

Feb-Jul Used various herbs to deal with severe anxiety (bacopa, gotu kola)

Sept 2019 Developed histamine intolerance and daily panic

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

• Moderator Emeritus

Like with just about any conspiracy theory, it is highly unlikely some coordinated effort took place to cause such devastation, especially given the failure of actual coordinated efforts to achieve substantial change in areas like government, medicine, etc.

What it comes down to is human greed and profit. If you’re feeling well enough to read or listen to an audiobook, I think you’d find Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker to be quite intriguing. He also publishes the website Mad in America, which is critical of psychiatry. (Wikipedia for Anatomy of an Epidemic)

In short, these drugs were put on the market without any long-term testing on safety and tapering, and numerous cases of adverse effects were buried or excluded from the data. As pharmaceutical companies realized the profit that could be had in psych medications, the push to develop and market more kinds only grew. 

It’s true that withdrawal from these drugs cause horrific and inhuman suffering. And that suffering often takes place behind closed doors. What I’m encouraged by is the accounts in media that have come out of people relaying their withdrawal experience and calling for reform. The more voices and awareness towards this, the more studies published on withdrawal, the more we can move towards changing prescribing practices and medical training. 

For those that are suffering, this is why we have peer support like SA. And it’s so important you work to build a support network of your own and work on non-drug coping skills, and support your healing with things like CBT, good nutrition, gentle exercise, etc. We heal but it takes time. One thing I held onto during the worst of it is that the brain has incredible plasticity to heal and reform its connections and synapses. It just takes time. 

Edited by composter

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy