Deepu: will I recover

Deepu

• Moderator Emeritus
40 minutes ago, Deepu said:

so should i try cold turkey

Alto, this site's owner, and I have already told you not to cold turkey your drug.

From this topic:  Cold Turkey and Too-Fast Tapers

On 7/6/2020 at 5:44 AM, brassmonkey said:

Cold Turkey and Too-Fast Tapers

(8)

I will be blunt.  Unless there is a serious medical reason, Do Not Cold Turkey or Fast Taper.  Take your time tapering.  The pain and suffering are just not worth rushing it, and over time you will get off the drugs and recover much faster by doing a gradual taper.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

so tell me....what should i do now....doctor prescibe me nixoto 20mg AND bupron xl 150 (2) ...and i quit both the medicnes ......nexito is an ssri so i cant take it now.....as i have see it create chaos in people life.....is burpion give withdrwal....how should i take it now

2019-till date--bupron xl 150mg and nexito 20 or 10mg for on and off in every 2 months

For low libido 

Start on september of 2019

2017-2019 august ----fluxovin 50mg which cause sexual dsyction

I want to ask is there any antidode for sexual and dslsyfuction and emotions and feeling

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Are you still taking buproprion?

If you are still taking buproprion which your signature says you have been taking since 2019, so you have been on it for at least 8 months ,you will need to taper it.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off buproprion (Wellbutrin, SR, XR, XL)

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

If you quit taking buproprion, when did you stop taking it?

3 days back

2019-till date--bupron xl 150mg and nexito 20 or 10mg for on and off in every 2 months

For low libido 

I want to ask is there any antidode for sexual and dslsyfuction and emotions and feeling

• Moderator Emeritus

You could reinstate it.  If you were taking buproprion 150mg you could try taking 125mg or 100mg.

It takes about 4 days for a dose change to get to full level in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.

Please carefully read Post #1 of this topic:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Edited by ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Deepu said:

3 days back

So you asked about stopping it cold turkey AFTER you had stopped it?

If you had told us that you had stopped it we would have suggested that you start taking it again which would have been a lot better for you.

Since you stopped it have your symptoms got worse?  If yes, then it would be a good idea to reinstate.

Cat i was thinking of cold t urkey because it dont givr me any withdrwal niw.....now i just fine just anhedonia...and less interst in sex....and i think i will be fine...as i am 21 year old...i yhink i will recover fast because of neuroplasticity....

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please read the following:

On 7/6/2020 at 5:44 AM, brassmonkey said:

Cold Turkey and Too-Fast Tapers

(8)

I will be blunt.  Unless there is a serious medical reason, Do Not Cold Turkey or Fast Taper.  Take your time tapering.  The pain and suffering are just not worth rushing it, and over time you will get off the drugs and recover much faster by doing a gradual taper.

For this discussion, a Cold Turkey (CT) is defined as stopping your drugs abruptly from a “normal” dosage. There is very little information about how many people do manage a CT successfully.  Doing a CT is a gamble. You won't know if you've lost until it's too late and develop severe withdrawal symptoms.

Don’t be in a rush to go off the drug with a too-fast taper, either.  A too-fast taper is one where you have withdrawal symptoms while you are tapering.  The 10% taper we recommend is intended to avoid withdrawal symptoms.  If you experience many withdrawal symptoms while tapering it means that your body is having a hard time.

However, like cold turkey, a fast taper may be justified by a serious medical reason, something like liver damage, severe allergic reaction, or other life-threatening conditions, but not just ordinary adverse effects.  In these situations, the risk of withdrawal symptoms may be equal to the problems being caused by the drug.

Psych drugs work by making physical changes to the body.  The body then requires the presence of those drugs to maintain stability and to keep functioning.  Remove the drug abruptly and often the body doesn’t know how to work.  It then starts to scramble to fix itself.  While that is happening the bodies systems cannot function correctly and we get WD symptoms.  Because the body is in such chaos after CT, those symptoms can be very acute and unpredictable.

Because the body is in such chaos those symptoms may last for a very long time. In the nervous system alone, there are hundreds of billions of electrical connections that have to be reviewed and repaired.  Throw on top of that the endocrine system, hormonal interactions and a lot of other things, the body doesn’t know what hit it.  Over many months the body takes inventory and starts making the changes it thinks will correct the situation. Then, it needs to adjust to those changes.  This is where the familiar pattern of “Waves and Windows” comes from.

Like everything else WD there are no statistics on how long recovery from CT will take.  But we have a lot of case histories that give us some indication. I frequently post about several of my taper buddies that CTed 40mgai of Paxil at the same time I started my taper. Currently it has been six years, I’m off all my meds and living life at about 95% plus of normal.  They, on the other hand, are still suffering waves that rival their initial acute period.  On the positive side they are also experiencing very nice Windows.  But they are still struggling on a daily basis

Many members have indicated that their doctor refuses to renew their prescription as a reason for a CT.  There are just too many resources available to get a renewed prescription for this to be a valid reason.  Any doctor can prescribe these medications. They can be obtained through Urgent Care, the ER/A&E, online prescription services, to name a few of the sources available. Sometimes they are available directly from the manufacturer. There will be some hunting and footwork involved, but it is best to do what needs to be done to maintain your supply, so you can keep control over your situation.  No one is going to do this for you.

So, I will conclude by restating my second sentence.  Unless there is a medical reason, Do Not CT.  If you cold turkey or taper too fast and you get withdrawal symptoms, if you are at all able to resume taking your meds, please look into our threads on Reinstatement. You can find more information about reinstatement here:

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms

• Moderator Emeritus

It's your decision, but please be aware that things may get worse.

I cold turkeyed citalopram after taking if for about 15 years and felt really great for about 2 months.  Then I was bedridden for 2.5 weeks with what felt like the flu but it wasn't the flu, I couldn't eat and lost 8kgs.  When I found SA I realised that it was delayed withdrawal from having cold turkeyed my drug.

Even if you have stopped a drug before and it was okay, that doesn't mean that it will be okay this time.  And even if you reinstate, you may not return to how you felt before you stopped the drug because your nervous system can become sensitised.

Please note that if you do decide to reinstate it will depend on how long you have been off the drug for what dose you would take.  The longer you have been off the drug the smaller the dose you should reinstate.

Please also note that the sooner reinstatement is made if you start getting withdrawal symptoms the more chance reinstatement has of working.  Please also note that reinstatement does not always work.

Ok i will take bupron for 1 more month ......after that i consult doçtor....but what about nexito...it is ssri should i tske it also

For low libido 

And plz tell me 

That all this medicine i take for past 5 years....will all it recover....is my anhedonia recover nad sexual feeling recover.....i read in pssd forum and taking stress

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Deepu said:

Ok i will take bupron for 1 more month

Q:  Why only 1 more month?

You have been on buproprion since 2019.  It needs to be tapered by no more than 10% of the current dose with a hold of about 4 weeks to allow to the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

What does it mean by 10 percent off 

I am taking 150mg 

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus

I know you are taking 150mg buproprion at this time

But if you want to get off the drug it is better to taper it.  That means taking a bit less of the drug about every 4 weeks.

SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the current dose.  Read this information:  

After you reinstate 150mg buproprion it would be better to wait at least 2 months, possibly 3 or more depending on how you feel (you have been going on and off escitalopram this year) before you start to reduce your drug.

When you reduce you multiple 0.9 x 150mg buproprion = 135mg

You stay on 135mg for at about 4 weeks.  If you don't have any bad symptoms you can reduce again.

The next dose would be 0.9 x 135mg buproprion = 121.5mg

You stay on 121.5mg for 4 weeks.  If you don't have any bad symptoms you can reduce again.

The next dose would be 0.9 x 121.5mg buproprion = 109.35mg   you could take 110mg (always round up)

The next dose is then calculated on the rounded up amount, so 0.9 x 110mg = 99mg   you could take 100mg

Then calculate on 100mg.  0.9 x 100mg = 90mg

etc.

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you understand my explanation about how to taper your drug?

Hiii cat...

I am quiting bupron cold turkey

I want to get in another trouble...

I will never touch this medicnes again in my life.....i am giving me 3 years....to recover....hope all the things will recover. ..my friends are getting job of 12lakh per year and i am in this sh*tty place because of multiple cold turkey and all thus things....i am from a very low middle class family....my parents hope that i earn an give them money.....i cant think properly....

Now just motivate me plzz...

I want to waste my life 

I am turning 22 and doest even earn money.....

I will i survive in this cruel world

For low libido 

I was a very brillant student 

But now i cant learn anything

All because of this 

Plz tell me some supplement for my journey

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus

I wish you all the best.  Please continue to post letting us know how you are.  Thank you.

Part of SA's mission is to educate the medical profession about psychiatric drugs and their effects.  The member Introduction topics are case studies.

About Surviving Antidepressants:

On 5/15/2011 at 5:22 AM, Altostrata said:

This site is also a research project. The personal stories on this site are documentation of an iatrogenic condition -- suffering caused by medical treatment -- that is almost always ignored, misdiagnosed, or denied by the medical establishment. Given the widespread prescription of antidepressants to tens of millions of people worldwide, withdrawal syndrome probably affects hundreds of thousands if not millions -- including newborns and children.

With our documentation of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, we hope to educate the medical establishment about this problem. Case studies are essential; they are evidence understood by doctors, the psychiatric industry, and government regulatory agencies. The have already informed numerous articles in major publications and scientific papers.

Our hope is, eventually, antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs will be prescribed rarely, and only in cases of extremely severe mental illness after less invasive treatments have been tried.

• Moderator Emeritus

1 minute ago, Deepu said:

Plz tell me some supplement for my journey

There is no magic pill or potion (liquid) which will make you better.  If we knew of something that would fix withdrawal and drug issues we would gladly tell everybody and the SA website would close down and the volunteers would not be spending the free time assisting members.

If you do decide to try any supplements I suggest that BEFORE you try anything that you do a search of SA to find out about other members' experiences.  Some members have had bad experiences when trying supplements.  Use a search engine (eg Google) and add site: survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.  So if you were searching for magnesium you would search for site: survivingantidepressants.org magnesium

If you try something only start with a small amount, less then the amount on the bottle, and only try one thing at a time.  We suggest that you don't take anything which is a combination of different supplements because if you have a bad reaction to it you will not know what caused the bad reaction.

Please read Post #1 of this topic:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

The only supplements which SA recommends are:

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

Remember, only try a small amount, one at a time.

Ohk

Plzz tell me one thing

Is all this recover from cold turkey

Because after 2 years i defintly have to do some kind of job or otherwise i will be homeless........and the financial situstion will get very bad....

Have u heard any story who recover from cold turkey....

My bigest effect is that i cant concentrate to study or work.....and i dont have ability to learn things....

How will i earn money.  If i cant learn anything new

Plz tell me wid ur experience 

And one ques

As withdrwal trigger from situations

Last time i quit i didnt have any major symtops but as my situation getting worse my withdrwal start to trigger.....and also i forget of all the past thing that i was taking medicines....i dont know anything what to do...i just smoke weed all day......

So does situation affect withdrwal symtops

For low libido 

And was all never happen in my life if i temper the medicines slowly slowly i have no idea

That harmful they can cause....

I have many dreams to come true

For low libido 

Can u link me some recovery successful stories

I am very scared of my life

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus

We have given you all the information we know about.  We are not able to see into the future about what is going to happen.  We don't know what withdrawal symptoms you are going to get or how bad they will be.  We don't know how long it will take for you to recover. 

3 minutes ago, Deepu said:

i just smoke weed all day

This may be making things worse.  You won't know what you are buying and how strong it is.

4 minutes ago, Deepu said:

Have u heard any story who recover from cold turkey

Here is the link to the search results for cold turkey in the success stories forum:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=cold turkey&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Deepu said:

i just smoke weed all day

I suggest you do your own research about the side effects, negative effects of smoking marijuana.

• Moderator Emeritus

On 8/16/2020 at 4:13 AM, Deepu said:

My question is their someday who didnt recover from antideprrsent pssd and withdrwal...i am very scared

I suggest you read both of these pages very carefully:

https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/marijuana

From this site  https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/marijuana-and-mental-health

Marijuana can cause:

People who use marijuana over long periods can:

• become dependent
  • lose their sex drive
  • have problems with their memory
  • have learning difficulties
  • have mood swings
  • become psychotic, if they have schizophrenia or are at risk of psychosis
  • think about suicide

People who use marijuana are more likely to have social and financial problems, do poorly at school, and have family and relationship issues.

Marijuana is bad i know

I never touch it again

It was just for my withdrwal symtops

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus

It might be better to reinstate your drug instead of trying to find other things to fix the withdrawal symptoms.

But it is your decision.

I've given you all the suggestions and information I have so I won't be posting to you again.

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find watching this panel discussion (free to watch) from the recent showing of the Medicating Normal documentary interesting. 

Altostrata, SA's owner is one of the panelists.

7 hours ago, Shep said:

The panelist discussion from the Surviving Antidepressants Presents showing of "Medicating Normal" has been uploaded and can be viewed here on YouTube: 

Medicating Normal - SurvivingAntidepressants.org Community Discussion video (1 hour and 26 minutes)

• 2 weeks later...

Cat u have told me to take 135 mg buprion for 4 week

How do i cut my medinces for 135mg

Do u know anything

75mg pill is available 

But 135 ist available

How would i cut it to 135 mg

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/25/2020 at 10:48 PM, ChessieCat said:

Please read the links we provide.  There is information in Post #1 of this topic, which was given to you on 25th August (two weeks ago), which explains how to to the dose you need.

Edited by ChessieCat

Are there any 'positive' papers that says that recovery is possible? All I see are papers that its permament and no signs of improvement after many years...

01.12.2018 - 01.03.2019 - Took sertraline and than fluvosamine for major depression. 

Got SEVERE PSSD (no libido, no erections, pleasureless orgasma, total genital anesthesia, emotional numbness, lost of personality)

No wave and windows, no improvement so far. Just lije 1-2% in numbness in first two months post quitting. 

Im suicidal because of pssd. I dont believe in recovery since my state didnt improve in any significant way.

• Administrator

@Naczoz, we have many people who have recovered from PSSD. As with all post-acute withdrawal symptoms, recovery can be very slow. Search for the PSSD tag in the Introductions forum.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Alto how much time it take to recover

After stoppping ssri

For low libido 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Deepu said:

Alto how much time it take to recover

After stoppping ssri

This is Alto's response to Naczoz in the PSSD topic:

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

A duration of 2 years is not permanent. A lifetime is permanent.

Like post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS), recovery from PSSD is very slow and gradual, over many months and possibly years. We have people here who have recovered from both after a very long time. I recovered from PSSD after about 4 years, though it took me 11 years to recover from PAWS. While absolute, PSSD was not my largest problem in those 11 years.

While it seems like an eternity, 2 years of PSSD or PAWS is not a very long time for either, I'm sorry to say. Nobody can tell the future. Brooding about it being permanent only adds to your misery and everyone else's when you catastrophize all over the site.

SurvivingAntidepressants.org is mainly about tapering and recovering from withdrawal syndrome. PSSD can be a post-discontinuation problem, that's why we have this topic here. But we cannot provide psychotherapeutic support for people who have a habit of undermining themselves by fixating on the worst possible outcome in an uncertain future. We don't have the training or the staff to do this.

You are agonizing unnecessarily about a future that has not yet arrived. Please seek psychotherapeutic assistance for this habit of mind. You might join the Yahoo group SSRIsex or pssdforum.org to talk with others about PSSD every day.

Cat some people say it is permanent

I take so much stress after reading all this comment

I am just 21 years old 

80% of my life is in front of me

It will be very hard living like this

I cant even focus on my studies due to all this

For low libido