Altostrata

Irritable bowel syndrome: Gut bacteria and what you can do

KMart95
27 minutes ago, Idlehnds said:

Best thing I have ever had for stomach issues is doing TRE and Celery juice.   Celery juice completely cured my bloating.  TRE made my bowl movements easy and bulky.  TRE releases the PSOAS muscle over time that is known as the fight or flight muscle.    Takes a little while but for me it was always because of anxiety where I am subconsciously tensing my muscles.   I never have been able to reach down and touch below my toes.  Now I can bend over and almost put my palms on the ground.   All the tension was released.  If you decide to do it make sure to join a facebook group and go very slow.  It releases old trauma's to help you fully heal.   Best part it is 100% free unless you get a coach which is highly recommend for the first 3 sessions then you can do it by yourself.

https://traumaprevention.com/

I stopped taking a probiotic, digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid. etc. etc.

Laugh out loud. Back with the trying to sell more crap again, are we? Just so you know not all health issues come from trauma 😂

2009-2018: 15mg Celexa

June 2018-January 2019: .5mg-1mg Ativan

2010-March 2019: Marvelon 21 (Birth Control) 

September 2018-Present: Prozac reinstated 1mg (.25ml) April 21st 2019 , updosed to .32ml June 19, 2019 now holding to stabilize.

2015-Present: Myers Cocktails 1-2x month 

June 2019-Present: B 50 Complex, Magnesium as needed.

Idlehnds
3 hours ago, KMart95 said:

Laugh out loud. Back with the trying to sell more crap again, are we? Just so you know not all health issues come from trauma 😂

You know its so sad that you like to just put down  me on here trying to share what has helped me.   I had anger for you but then I realized that you are suffering and that is why you are such a jerk to me.  You go out of your way to say something mean or laugh and make jokes about things that can really help you without even researching them or trying them yourself.  I understand you are suffering and in pain because if you were happy and joyful you wouldnt treat other people this way  that are trying to share ideas to help people.  If you think I am a quack then ignore my posts instead of making fun of me.

Also trauma isnt just someone dying or getting a divorce.  Trauma can be prolong stress which is 100% withdrawal from medicine. Please if you want to discuss that is great but please stop being mean.   

And yes I had IBS my whole life.  I kept taking supplements for it but for me and my case it never got better.  If yours did great.   Mine didnt.  Also diets didnt help me either.   Had all sorts of things done.  Now if someone is like me they might want to try some things out of the box.  Thats how I found my healing.  Just sharing my journey.  Please ignore my posts and let other people see for themselves if its someone they

want to discuss without having bitter mean comments.

February 2017 started Ambien (Whatever the highest dose was) and Ativan 1.5mg

March 2017 started lexapro.  15mg  -Weaned off Ativan after about 2 months on it. 

Weaned off Ambien after 4 months on it every night.  Lexapro starting working and didn't need it.

April 2018 started reduced Lexapro.  15mg-12.5mg.

May 18' 10mg, June 18' 7.5mg, July 18' 5mg, August 18' 4.5mg, Sept 18' 4.0mg, Oct 18' 3.5mg, Nov 18' 3.0mg.

Jan 19' 2.5mg, February 19' 2.0mg, From here I went about .10mg drops at a time and sometimes more every 2 weeks depending on how I feel.  That was from February-August 20th 2019.

I got to .30mg and decided to jump off.  It was so small and decided I needed to face my fears.  I created nueral pathways in my brain that I was fearing withdrawal.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

Shep
14 hours ago, KMart95 said:

KMart, although Idlehnds has a history of coupling these types of products along with his misguided theory that withdrawal only lasts 2 - 6 weeks and everything after that is related to a trauma-loop, the post you are addressing here is fine. Let's please not attack other members. If you find a post problematic, please report it or PM a moderator or administrator. 

10 hours ago, Idlehnds said:

Trauma can be prolong stress which is 100% withdrawal from medicine.

Idlehnds, I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean here, but withdrawal symptoms are not limited to trauma-related problems. It's much more complicated than that. If this is what you mean, please note this has already been discussed over on your Withdrawal Loop thread. 

10 hours ago, Idlehnds said:

And yes I had IBS my whole life.  I kept taking supplements for it but for me and my case it never got better.  If yours did great.   Mine didnt.  Also diets didnt help me either.   Had all sorts of things done.  Now if someone is like me they might want to try some things out of the box.  Thats how I found my healing.

It's possible you found something that helped a pre-existing condition, which may or may not work for someone with withdrawal-related IBS. But as long as you post in a non-prescriptive manner and don't qualify your comments with either (1) long-term withdrawal being solely a trauma issue or (2) anything related to withdrawal lasting only 2 - 6 weeks (or any timeframe, since we don't know what that is), you should feel free to post what is helping and what is hurting your own recovery. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Cathy4
On 1/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, Idlehnds said:

Hi @Idlehnds,

Did you find that stopping a probiotic did help your gut symptoms improve?  I have only had these gut symptoms since being in withdrawal (and also after starting klonopin), so I’m trying to figure out if I’m overdoing it on my probiotic or if these symptoms are just part of recovery in general.  
Best,

Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

November 1st:  67.5mgai zoloft

November 15th:  .25mg klonopin

January 1st:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

Idlehnds
On 1/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Shep said:

KMart, although Idlehnds has a history of coupling these types of products along with his misguided theory that withdrawal only lasts 2 - 6 weeks and everything after that is related to a trauma-loop, the post you are addressing here is fine. Let's please not attack other members. If you find a post problematic, please report it or PM a moderator or administrator. 

Idlehnds, I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean here, but withdrawal symptoms are not limited to trauma-related problems. It's much more complicated than that. If this is what you mean, please note this has already been discussed over on your Withdrawal Loop thread. 

It's possible you found something that helped a pre-existing condition, which may or may not work for someone with withdrawal-related IBS. But as long as you post in a non-prescriptive manner and don't qualify your comments with either (1) long-term withdrawal being solely a trauma issue or (2) anything related to withdrawal lasting only 2 - 6 weeks (or any timeframe, since we don't know what that is), you should feel free to post what is helping and what is hurting your own recovery. 

Sure.  Thank you for the response.   

I agree that it is much more complicated then that.   I was just responded to the poster in here about trauma not from every illness so I responded to it.   That is all.   That topic is done.  I still feel like if I shared a phone call with someone about it and we could discuss we could learn more about each others stance instead of being on a forum.   Somethings are best discussed person to person.

It is possible I found something that helped my pre-existing condition relating to IBS since I have had it for a long time.   I know I found alot of my tools by seeing what has helped others and trying them.   Just like coming in here when I stopped lexapro and going slow with it.  I was fortunate to have this site before I went cold turkey and jumped off.

March 2017 started lexapro.  15mg  -Weaned off Ativan after about 2 months on it. 

Weaned off Ambien after 4 months on it every night.  Lexapro starting working and didn't need it.

May 18' 10mg, June 18' 7.5mg, July 18' 5mg, August 18' 4.5mg, Sept 18' 4.0mg, Oct 18' 3.5mg, Nov 18' 3.0mg.

Jan 19' 2.5mg, February 19' 2.0mg, From here I went about .10mg drops at a time and sometimes more every 2 weeks depending on how I feel.  That was from February-August 20th 2019.

I got to .30mg and decided to jump off.  It was so small and decided I needed to face my fears.  I created nueral pathways in my brain that I was fearing withdrawal.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

Idlehnds
On 1/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Cathy4 said:

Hi @Idlehnds,

Did you find that stopping a probiotic did help your gut symptoms improve?  I have only had these gut symptoms since being in withdrawal (and also after starting klonopin), so I’m trying to figure out if I’m overdoing it on my probiotic or if these symptoms are just part of recovery in general.  
Best,

Cathy

I dont know @Cathy4 if that helped it improve.  I just know that it wasnt helping it.   Everytime I would try a new probiotic it would work for like a week then it would stop working.  So I figured that this wasnt the answer even tho I had stool tests done saying i was low in certain strains.  This was over the last 5 years doing this.   I think the celery juice helped me the most because I think I had SIBO but  never diagnosed just assumed by my holistic doctor.    Celery juice removed the bloating and eventually my stools became bettter once I released my PSOAS  muscle.   The PSOAS muscle is considered the fight or flight muscle and when chronically tight from being in fight or flight, it keeps signalling back to the brain that you are in a threat.   Supposedly this is the part we freeze when we are in the fight/flight/freeze mode of our nervous system.  Overtime if we are constantly in the freeze state it never bounces back and keeps signalling to the brain that we are not safe.   At least this is my experience so please consider that and do your own research.  

Here is a great article on it that touches on it and that I can 100% relate to.   Not everyone will relate to my experiences so hopefully this will help you in some way.

https://sensitivityuncensored.com/the-ibssibo-psoas-connection-and-why-its-important-for-hsps/

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

Cathy4
On 1/20/2020 at 8:54 AM, Idlehnds said:

I think I had SIBO but  never diagnosed just assumed by my holistic doctor.    Celery juice removed the bloating and eventually my stools became bettter once I released my PSOAS  muscle.

@Idlehnds,

Thank you for the info.  It’s interesting because I just spoke with a doctor who thinks there’s a chance I might have SIBO, too.  I’ve also been having fresh celery in my smoothie most mornings!  Maybe I should up it to every morning and see if that helps with the bloating.  

Yes, I am certain that being in a near-constant state of fear produces quite a bit of contraction.  I’m doing some Feldenkrais to try and retrain my brain that not all these muscles need to be contracted all the time! I’m sure my psoas is tight and thanks for the link.  I’m familiar with TRE as well.  Thanks and I hope you’re well.  

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

November 1st:  67.5mgai zoloft

November 15th:  .25mg klonopin

January 1st:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

Junglechicken

Anyone have phlegm as a result of GERD?

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)

Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018

LiaJ
On 1/17/2020 at 7:39 PM, Idlehnds said:

Best thing I have ever had for stomach issues is doing TRE and Celery juice.   Celery juice completely cured my bloating.  TRE made my bowl movements easy and bulky.  TRE releases the PSOAS muscle over time that is known as the fight or flight muscle.    Takes a little while but for me it was always because of anxiety where I am subconsciously tensing my muscles.   I never have been able to reach down and touch below my toes.  Now I can bend over and almost put my palms on the ground.   All the tension was released.  If you decide to do it make sure to join a facebook group and go very slow.  It releases old trauma's to help you fully heal.   Best part it is 100% free unless you get a coach which is highly recommend for the first 3 sessions then you can do it by yourself.

https://traumaprevention.com/

What is TRE?

2005-2009 Various ADs and maybe some random Ativan, nothing long-term

2009 Started Celexa 10 mg

2012 Symptoms of depression worsened when I quit drinking, started a course of Viibryd (10 mg), Buspar (5 mg), Xanax

2013 Hospitalized, added Lamictal in the hospital (quit Lamictal cold turkey in 2014)

2014 Switched back to Celexa from Viibryd

2015 Quit Buspar cold turkey

2016 Cut down to 5 mg of Celexa (all seemingly without issues)

June-August 2017 tapered off Celexa

October 2017 Hospitalized for insomnia (quit sleeping entirely)

reinstated w/ Trintellix 5mg (stopped in 1/18) and 7.5 mg of Remeron

Feb 2018 only taking about 5 mg of Remeron

Mirtazapine 6/19 3.5 mg  9/25 3.2 mg 2/24/20 2.9 mg 3/20 2.85 mg

Surfchick

is irritable bowel syndrome related to withdrawal? im thinking YES due to the serotonin receptors in the gut.

I am on my last leg of my taper- so far 2 years in on a micro taper, however the last month or 6 weeks ive gone a bit faster with bigger drops. I have no other symptoms. 

💮Zoloft 50mg September 2015  💮September 2018 begin micro-taper  💮April 2019 25 mg 💮April 2020 12.5 mg  💮August 8 mg

Gridley

@Surfchick

Gut issues commonly accompany withdrawal. See #35-39 in the following withdrawal checklist.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

This link deals with coping with and curing IBS.

Irritable bowel syndrome: Gut bacteria and what you can do ...

For other links on this subject, Google SurvivingAntidepressents.org IBS

2 hours ago, Surfchick said:

I am on my last leg of my taper- so far 2 years in on a micro taper, however the last month or 6 weeks ive gone a bit faster with bigger drop

As you get lower in dosage, we recommend slowing the taper.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Began taper using Brassmonkey slide Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Current from Aug 13, 2020 at 0.1mg

Taper is 99.5% complete.

Lorazepam 1 mg 1986-1991 CT, resumed a few months later. CT 2000.  1 mg 2011-2016.  Sept, 2016 increased to 0.5 X 3 in split dose. Sept. 2019 increased to 0.625 X 3 after crossover to new brand

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan. 2016 began every 3-weeks 10% taper, down to 15mg.  Aug 2016, discovered SA, updosed to 25mg and holding.  Taper is 66% complete.  

Supplements: omega, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, melatonin .33mg

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Gussy

Bowel problems?

Hi everyone. A quick question. Might anyone have developed IBS type symptoms from either being on anti d's or coming off them too quickly? Any advice would be awesome. Been off effexor around 40 months now. Also, thanks S.A. for the Med Normal screening. It was awesome!!

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

ChessieCat

See this post:

Being very patient.  I'll get there - slowly.  ETA mid 2021

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft/sertraline; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)

Began tapering Oct 2015  Current from 12 Sept 2020:  Pristiq 0.625 mg (compounded)

My tapering program

My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.