Nyfa25: two weeks of Brintellix / Trintellix / vortioxetine and that was hell

Nyfa25

Coucou Nyfa,

C'est cool que tes jambes aillent mieux.

Oui c'est peut-être un nouveau symptôme, ton système nerveux est encore chamboulé, il y a parfois des symptômes qui apparaissent comme ça et qui disparaissent à un moment donné.

Hi Nyfa,

It's cool that your legs get better.

Yes it could be a new symptom, your nervous system is still messed up, there are sometimes symptoms that come and go at some point.

- 2002 -> 2012 Paxil, 20 mg for anxiety

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- February 2012 : reinstate 20 mg -> back to normal

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

Thanks @Hisame for your answer

Anyone else has a trembling of the hands on the morning ?

June 25 - July 8, 2020 - 2 weeks on Brintellix, suffered an adverse reaction.

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.

I Feel so desperate... I'm so angry with what this med do to me...

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.

My symptoms were a little better on yesterday afternoon but i have still problems with sleep in the morning, big peak of cortisol with heart palpitations and trembling of hands...

Anybody else with shacking of the hands in the morning ? I didn't have this before taking the med

2 minutes ago, Nyfa25 said:

My symptoms were a little better on yesterday afternoon but i have still problems with sleep in the morning, big peak of cortisol with heart palpitations and trembling of hands...

Anybody else with shacking of the hands in the morning ? I didn't have this before taking the med

@Nyfa25

The symptoms in withdrawal change from period to period. It's normal, I had shaking hands when I was on med but not during withdrawal.

I get internal tremors as well from time to time, I feel like my brain is moving inside my head sometimes but when I touch my forehead, it isn't actually. You'll get better, tu iras mieux !

23rd of January 2020 - Started taking Lexapro at 5mg daily.

29th of January 2020 - Upped to 10mg of Lexapro daily.

9th of April 2020 - Reduced to 5mg of Lexapro daily.

23rd of April 2020 - Stopped Lexapro at 5mg daily.

Withdrawal since ~

@christianjw12

Thanks for your answer!

I went to the doctor this morning, and it’s crazy, before taking the medicine I was at 60 of heart beats and this morning without feeling any anxiety I was at 104 of heart beats...

I went to an acupuncturist yesterday, and it’s impressive how it relieved my symptoms in an hour, I still feel the symptoms of course but I feel them less strong ! Really it alleviated the suffering as much moral as physical.

I advise you to go there it can surely relieve your physical symptoms and at worst it won’t hurt you.

I have another session tomorrow and I really hope it’ll make me feel better again. it gave me some hope in this very dark time

Hi Nyfa,

I'm happy you found a way to get better.

I tried acupuncture 5 years ago, but I got much more worse. Weird :huh:

I wish you a good day !

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

@Hisame I think our nervous system has been so destabilized that it reacts differently for each person..

Acupuncture relieves me for emotional symptoms during the day but insomnia is getting worse, before I slept from 10pm to 5am now I can hardly fall asleep before 11:30pm and wake up at 3:30am and at 5:30am it’s getting worse and worse, i'm so tired because of this

Thanks to the drugs and the adverse reaction, I’m losing my job because I can’t focus properly on my files... That medicine ruined my life.. I hate these labs and big pharma that poison us and these doctors that prescribe dangerous drugs to people who don’t need them...

Hi Nyfa,

I'm really sorry for you.

I feel the same way about these drugs and big pharma. I lose my job, my ability to draw, which was my passion, and some of my friends. Yes, these drugs can steal our lives.

How do you feel these days ?

I Feel like someone loosing his job...

This morning i lost my job, my boss fired me because i can't do my job correctly since i took this awful drug..

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Nyfa 

I'm really sorry about the job situation, and really understand as I'm in the same boat. 

I know this is a hard thing to do, but try to not fight the situation. We are not able to work currently,  okay, that's a fact. Fighting this fact is only exhausting, disappointing and lead us to self-blaming.

Remember, this is hard but only temporary. 

Sending hugs ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Thanks @Erell You always have the positive word that does good, I sincerely thank you!

I still don’t think I’m in a window because the adverse reactions are different from withdrawal but little by little I see my emotional symptoms improve slowly (it still changes during the day). My biggest problem right now is still sleep, with this peak of cortisol at 4:30/5 in the morning and tremors and sweating until 8:00 when I get up, this part is extremely difficult, if only I could sleep as it should at least one night!

Losing my job doesn’t make it any easier.. To say that our whole life can change overnight because we trusted our doctor... Terrible! I’m lucky to be surrounded by my boyfriend and my parents, but it’s hard..

I think Alto is right, adverse reactions follow a more linear healing, I feel it every day is a little better but that it is sooo long! I especially hope that when the symptoms go away it’s for good and they’ll never come back.

This morning the symptoms were terrible, another awakening at 5:00 and the brain racing and I felt like I was in full delirium while sleeping...

it was very strange, a kind of dream with a mixture of things that made no sense and with that intrusive thoughts... it’s so tiring

Can having a menstrual period make the symptoms worse? yesterday I spent my day crying, it’s strange because it didn’t do to me the other months (it’s now 3 and a half months since I had the adverse drug reaction)

• Mentor

Yes @Nyfa25, unfortunately menstrual period can worse the issues, especially emotional issues. For me is the same as I can see in my journal...

Big huge to you!

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

@Leila ok Thanks! 

I can’t wait for this nightmare to end. It’s unbelievable that it’s denied at this point by all the doctors.

Wow the symptoms was so bad this week...

When is it going to end? I’m at the end of my rope

Someone can give me the name of the website of Baylissa please ?

I need support because its getting harder to support the symptoms, its very difficult theses days 

I’m sorry I feel like I’m just whining and complaining but it’s so hard to see your life ruined like this all at once because of drugs and when everyone around me thinks it’s not drugs that do that to me

wow I had a full afternoon without symptoms yesterday, it’s the first in 3 and a half months since I had the adverse reaction

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Nyfa25 said:

wow I had a full afternoon without symptoms yesterday, it’s the first in 3 and a half months since I had the adverse reaction

See ? ☺ It does get better ! ☀️

Really glad for you, this is a terrific sign of healing!

Don't panic if things get bumpy again : your brain is doing his repair work, and it sounds like he is working great.

Enjoy ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

It’s nice of you, Erell, but this morning the symptoms are very strong again, it’s endless and I don’t feel any better just because I’ve had a single afternoon of respite in almost four months..

But I appreciate your comfort and positivity Erell, you’re a real ray of sunshine!

It will soon be 4 months that I stopped Brintellix following an adverse reaction, and despite magnesium, vitamin C meditation and acupuncture I feel only small improvements. It is extremely long but I feel that my sleep improves a little, even if I still wake up with the peak of cortisol at 5am every morning.

The day I still have a lot of rumination and depression, it’s really weird because it can come all at once, memories of my dog’s death turn in my head, it makes me like the pattern of neuro emotions that go up and turn in a loop.

It’s really a tough time and I’m looking forward to fully recovering, but I’m trying to focus on small improvements..

I also have intrusive thoughts that come a few times and mostly crying attacks that I can’t control, once I’ve cried it relieves me a little..

It’s been 4 months since I stopped these horrible drugs and I don’t feel my emotions as before, I hope they will come back again, I was someone very sensitive and empathic, I feel like I lost that side of me, even if sometimes they come back for a very short time during the day.. God how is it possible that these drugs can be authorized and give to anyone... I’m so mad at Big Pharma..

1 hour ago, Nyfa25 said:

It’s been 4 months since I stopped these horrible drugs and I don’t feel my emotions as before, I hope they will come back again, I was someone very sensitive and empathic, I feel like I lost that side of me, even if sometimes they come back for a very short time during the day.. God how is it possible that these drugs can be authorized and give to anyone... I’m so mad at Big Pharma..

These drugs are in fact a danger to people. The only that make them stay in the market that they seem to work for some people or at least in the beginning... The theory is that people have a chemical imbalance inside their brain and that those pills can correct it.. but it's only a theory. I think that those pills mostly work for people because it's a placebo. I would have loved that the pharmaceutical industry retreat those poison pills. Sport, work out, hiking and mindfulness can heal depression and prevent relapse, not those pills.

23rd of January 2020 - Started taking Lexapro at 5mg daily.

29th of January 2020 - Upped to 10mg of Lexapro daily.

9th of April 2020 - Reduced to 5mg of Lexapro daily.

23rd of April 2020 - Stopped Lexapro at 5mg daily.

Withdrawal since ~

19 hours ago, christianjw12 said:

Ces médicaments représentent en fait un danger pour les gens. Le seul qui les fait rester sur le marché qu'ils semblent fonctionner pour certaines personnes ou du moins au début ... La théorie est que les gens ont un déséquilibre chimique dans leur cerveau et que ces pilules peuvent le corriger ... mais c'est seulement une théorie. Je pense que ces pilules fonctionnent principalement pour les gens parce que c'est un placebo. J'aurais aimé que l'industrie pharmaceutique abandonne ces pilules empoisonnées. Le sport, l'entraînement, la randonnée et la pleine conscience peuvent guérir la dépression et prévenir les rechutes, pas ces pilules.

completely agree with you! Especially when the patient is not in depression per se, as for me I just had a stomach ache and a little stress, when I took this medicine I found myself with a lot more problems than I had at the beginning..

Mise à jour: j'ai remarqué que les symptômes sont plus forts le matin et ont tendance à partir l'après-midi, et j'ai toujours le problème du sommeil perturbé le matin, et je me lève avec une forte rumination et souvent cela se termine par des larmes dans le mastia. J'ai remarqué que je dors un peu mieux la nuit et que je parviens un peu plus à être présente dans mes activités.

Mais quand les symptômes surviennent, je ne peux pas les gérer, je pleure beaucoup.

Je ne peux pas arrêter de me sentir coupable of taking this awful drug

Following all the problems that the drug to cause in my life, my parents encourage me to make a report to the French authority of the drug, which I would like to do, the problem is that I’m going to have an appointment with my treating doctor to talk to her about all these symptoms and that I’m afraid to look like a "crazy" since with the symptoms I don’t often manage to express myself clearly..

Has anyone done this before? and if so how to explain my symptoms clearly and make it clear that they were not there before the medication was taken ?

@Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus

These might help:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

how-to-talk-to-a-doctor-about-tapering-and-withdrawal-what-to-expect

Especially this leaflet from Royal College of Psychiatry: 

Stopping antidepressants

Also, you can mention the following new DSM-5 diagnosis code.

Click on the arrow top right to see more of the quoted post:

On 9/9/2018 at 8:17 AM, Altostrata said:

Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome 995.29 (T43.205A)
Initial encounter 995.29 (T43.205A)
Subsequent encounter 995.29 (T43.205D)
Sequelae 995.29 (T43.205S)

Antidepressant discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms that can occur after an abrupt cessation (or marked reduction in dose) of an antidepressant medication that was taken continuously for at least 1 month. Symptoms generally begin within 2-4 days and typically include specific sensory, somatic, and cognitive-emotional manifestations. Frequently reported sensory and somatic symptoms include flashes of lights, "electric shock" sensations, nausea, and hyperresponsivity to noises or lights. Nonspecific anxiety and feelings of dread may also be reported. Symptoms are alleviated by restarting the same medication or starting a different medication that has a similar mechanism of action - for example, discontinuation symptoms after withdrawal from a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor may be alleviated by starting a tricyclic antidepressant. To qualify as antidepressant discontinuation syndrome, the symptoms should not have been present before the antidepressant dosage was reduced and are not better explained by another mental disorder (e.g., manic or hypomanic episode, substance intoxication, substance withdrawal, somatic symptom disorder).

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Nyfa, 

this is a brave and great procedure : thank you for doing it ❤️

I'm not really aware of how things work in France, but I will be glad to how it went for you.

Could your family help you to prepare the appointment, or even come with you ?

Lot of hugs 

Current medication :

@Erell Je te réponds en français car je ne sais pas comment expliquer la procédure en anglais. J'ai fais un signalement sur le portail de signalement santé du gouvernement "déclaration d'effet indésirable d'un médicament" qui a ensuite été transmis au centre régional de pharmacovigilance, et ils m'ont écrit pour avoir mon ordonnance et les coordonnées de la pharmacie et du médecin qui me l'a prescrit. Ensuite, ils contactent le médecin et c'est à ce moment là que je vais avoir rdv avec mon médecin.

Ma mère m'accompagne mais je ne me fais aucune illusions, je pense que ça ne va rien donner, on va me dire que ce n'est pas le médicament qui m'a donné tout ces symptômes ...

@ChessieCat thank you for all the supports, but the last one you recommend to me specifically although it is a withdrawal syndrome that happens when we took the drug for at least a month, but that is not my case, I only took it for 2 weeks so I’m afraid they’ll tell me it can’t be the medicine for my case

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nyfa, sorry I didn't check your drug signature.

I'm trying to find out if there is a research paper that you might be able to refer the doctor to.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management