Kell

Kell

Hi there

My name is Kelly and I live in Victoria Australia,

I have found Doctors in Australia and Great Britain love to give prescriptions to me without asking a great deal of questions. If I don't tell them I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 disorder back in London in 1997 they will treat me completely different. I have found a few wonderful caring and more holistic style of GP over the years. I find that working hard eating well and getting plenty of sleep and exercise helps me a hell of a lot more than drugs they love prescribing to me. Luckily I have generally cut down on Meds as soon as possible and don't appear to get horrible repercussions after weaning from them and generally feel ok

one side affect I experienced in lock up in London was lock jaw with the most petrifying hallucinations... It was that moment I made up my mind to try and take the least medication as possible. I found a chiropractor 5 years ago who was adamant that giving drugs to depressed or hypomanic people will cause multiple problems with our mental health and that stress and trauma almost always are a key factor. A body with pain and mentally disturbed behaviour has so many avenues that need be be explored without drugging people against their will and locking them away.

I was so glad to be contacted through messenger by a member of another group inviting me to another page that teach a much better approach that has already proven to be better for us that says it's ok to stop medication and not push it... And the proof that Psychiatric Doctors are only making money for pharmaceutical giants. I will happy if I never have to take Meds after I am completely drug free.

than you

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kell and welcome to SA (from another Aussie),

It sounds like you are taking proactive measures to look after yourself as best as you can.  SA strongly encourages members to learn and use non drug coping skills.  Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms and learn Acceptance

Q:  Is there anything that you would like assistance with?

Please create your drug signature.  This lets us see your drug history at a glance.  We need details (drug name, dates of dose changes, and doses) for the last 2 years and anything older than 2 years just a summary (drug name, year, dose if known, how long on the drug, and how you got off it, eg fast taper, cold turkey).

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

If you are accessing the site from a phone you may need to use a computer to create your drug signature.

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

so in November 1997 I was hospitalised in London under a Section 2 for 28 days.

I was given Helaperidol and Thiamine B1.

Interesting time as they would not let me out as I did not like the side affect from the medication and I am Australian and they told me I had no Rights under the Mental HealthAct.

I was commenced on Lithiam and my brother rescued me on Christmas Eve and we flew back to Australia. I have a few years of so called normal moods and the fact I knew I was getting into a hypomanic state, I decided to find a new Dr. who was so understanding and encouraging. I commenced Tegretol which was ok and then found out I was pregnant so stopped taking it? My daughter is 20 now and all the drugs the Doctors have told me to take have been awful and had terrible side affects. Resperidone made my brain short circuit and Seraquel made me fat.. Prozac did nothing and epalim was useless. Aropax, Olandzapine, Lamictal etc make me want to be more dead than having nothing.. I having found stress free healthy living and eating well are the key.. Plus Good sleep habits

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kell, @Kell

And welcome.

Yes, it's okay to try to get drug free!

It sounds like you may have been re-medicated after you gave birth 20 years ago......I can't quite tell.

If you have been on and off many medications for 20 plus years, it is best to take time to educate oneself, prior to getting off your remaining medications.

I can give you some links to some of the key information topics that I hope you will take time to become familiar with before commencing tapering again.

And I commend you for already finding some non-drug things that help......reducing stress, healthy living and eating, and good sleep habits.

What is withdrawal syndrome?

lot's of other topics of interest indexed in the first post there

Why taper by 10% of my dosage

Can you tell us what drug(s) you are on now?

You'll see a post above your last one, with links to doing a signature.  Just follow those instructions, and that should provide the information, as far as what you are on now, and a brief history.

This is your introduction page.  Like your own little home here.   You've introduced yourself to the community, and this is the best place to post any questions around your specific situation, as well as keep a record of your journey from here on out.   Welcome aboard.

Best, Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing