Lemanna: advise on severe anxiety from benzo and antidepressant withdrawal

Lemanna

Hi all I'm a newbie, was made to CT zopiclone 18 months ago  after being on it 12 years when my GP retired resulted in intrusive thoughts mainly thinking may have knocked people over while driving. After about 8 months Tried first citalopram then sertraline for about 6 months in total, been a total nightmare, made the thoughts lot worse don't want to trigger anyone so won't expand, also given me full blown OCD with compulsions, now literally have check everything before it goes in the bin. Did go though period of quite suicidal thoughts and crying every day, that has passed but still very low. Stupidly stayed on them too long  as people kept saying they will work. Literally have no life, husband ends up doing lot of cooking as don't feel like eating. Frightened to go out the house because I'll start getting awful thoughts. I was normally functioning person before going on these meds, now realise even though  life challenging before taking anti depressants was so much better than this'd I  did have some sort of life. I stopped them 9 weeks ago. Tried everything CBT, mindfulness, counselling nothing helps. The OCD crippling never had this before in my life, just terrified will be like the forever 

Jan 2019 -Made to CT zopiclone in Jan 19  after 12 years by GP, caused intrusive thoughts

Oct 2019 - Nov 2019 Tried Citalopram Oct 19 Made hair fall out

Dec 2019 - Jan 2020  Switched to Sertraline Dec19 had severe adverse reaction caused OCD with compulsions

Feb 2020 - June 2020 -Went back to Citalopram Feb 20 awful mental symptoms still

Weaned off April 20 completed stopped in June 20

Been in hell ever since.

Just realised posted in wrong forum so might appear twice sorry !

(MOD NOTE:  Original post has been quoted here )

I was made to go CT from zopiclone after 12 years about 18 months ago resulted in intrusive thoughts, not good but did have some sort life if challenging. Stupidly tried citalopram then sertraline after about 8 months as thoughts weren't improving. Been an absolute nightmare, struggled on hoping they would help, the thoughts have expanded got lot worse, got crippling OCD with compulsions now. Went through a period of suicidal thoughts crying every day, has eased a bit, but feel really low, almost dead inside. Literally have no life, don't feel like eating, frightened to go out, I don't really have a life anymore. Tried everything CBT, mindful ness, counselling nothing helps. Never had anything like this in my life before any advice/help be gratefully received. I stopped them 9 weeks ago after weaning off over few weeks

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note and link

Jan 2019 -Made to CT zopiclone in Jan 19  after 12 years by GP, caused intrusive thoughts

Dec 2019 - Jan 2020  Switched to Sertraline Dec19 had severe adverse reaction caused OCD with compulsions

Feb 2020 - June 2020 -Went back to Citalopram Feb 20 awful mental symptoms still

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Lemanna.  I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

You are experiencing withdrawal from the CT of Zopiclone.  The symptoms you describe are typical withdrawal symptoms--intrusive thoughts, anhedonia, agoraphobia, no appetite and the rest.  As time passes they will fade and you will heal, but unfortunately we can't tell you how long it will take.  Healing from psychiatric drug withdrawal can be a frustratingly slow process, but your brain is working very hard to regain stability.  So that you have a better idea of what you're experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal and the healing process.

Protracted Withdrawal or PAWS (post-acute withdrawal syndrome ...

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia ...

Brain Remodelling 

The following link is entitled "Healing from Antidepressants" but is equally applicable to healing from Zopiclone.

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

How is your sleep?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

I'm sorry you haven't had any relief from CBT and the other things you've tried.  Take a look at the links in the following link to see which technique might be helpful to you in coping with this withdrawal.

Non-drug techniques to cope

This is your Introductory topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed whate space at bottom of post

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Think it's withdrawal from anti depressants as well. As soon as I started the Sertraline felt dreadful heard you can have adverse reaction to them. I was fairly stable for about 8 months soon as started anti depressants got much worse. Never had suicidal thoughts or panic attacks before  them. It's not agrophobia, just fear may have hurt people pass in the street. It's felt completely different since taking them lot more intense. I was coping for 8 months apart from when I tried to drive before. Took while for symptoms to appear with zop and was gradual whereas hit straight away with anti depressants

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus
25 minutes ago, Lemanna said:

Think it's withdrawal from anti depressants as well.

Yes, it looks like you had an adverse reaction to the Sertraline on top of withdrawal from Zopiclone. We have a number of members that have had this reaction to antidepressants.   When you're hit straight away with symptoms, that points to adverse reaction.  The symptoms of an adverse reaction are very similar to the symptoms of protracted withdrawal.  

Adverse reactions to an antidepressant? How long for recovery ...

I'll add "immediate adr" (immediate adverse reaction) to your tags.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thanks are they symptoms you'd get from adverse reaction then as well.Just worried I'll be stuck in this loop forever.🇩🇿Did try a supplement NAC but made things worse. I'll read the info anyway.

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Lemanna said:

are they symptoms you'd get from adverse reaction then as well

Yes, there's a lot of overlap in symptoms between protracted withdrawal and adverse reaction.  

10 minutes ago, Lemanna said:

ust worried I'll be stuck in this loop forever.

You won't. It's just going to take some time.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• ChessieCat changed the title to Lemanna: severe mental symptoms from SSRIs
  • Moderator Emeritus

Lemann's first post in a different forum.  I'm not sure if the information is the same as the first post in this topic:

4 hours ago, Lemanna said:

Hi all I'm a newbie, was made to CT zopiclone 18 months ago  after being on it 12 years when my GP retired resulted in intrusive thoughts mainly thinking may have knocked people over while driving. After about 8 months Tried first citalopram then sertraline for about 6 months in total, been a total nightmare, made the thoughts lot worse don't want to trigger anyone so won't expand, also given me full blown OCD with compulsions, now literally have check everything before it goes in the bin. Did go though period of quite suicidal thoughts and crying every day, that has passed but still very low. Stupidly stayed on them too long  as people kept saying they will work. Literally have no life, husband ends up doing lot of cooking as don't feel like eating. Frightened to go out the house because I'll start getting awful thoughts. I was normally functioning person before going on these meds, now realise even though  life challenging before taking anti depressants was so much better than this'd I  did have some sort of life. I stopped them 9 weeks ago. Tried everything CBT, mindfulness, counselling nothing helps. The OCD crippling never had this before in my life, just terrified will be like the forever 

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Sorry put it on wrong forum first. Wasn't sure about supplements are they best avoided. Tried NAC, 5 HTP an inositol and seemed rack up symptoms after few days. Eat oily fish like salmon every week anyway. So  is it best to avoid them as seem to be quite sensitive to them

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Lemanna said:

Wasn't sure about supplements are they best avoided

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Is this acute withdrawal new symptoms?

I was made to go cold turkey off  zopiclone  19 months ago after 12 years by GP, took mixture of citalopram then sertraline try to help with severe mental symptoms, intrusive thought/OCD type symptoms cause by withdrawal. Had severe reaction to sertraline made everything lot worse started getting panic attacks. Struggled for 6 months on AD then weaned off about 9 weeks ago. Last couple weeks been slight shift, increased feeling that I might be permanently brain damaged, feel almost dead inside. Don't have suicidal thoughts as such  just almost like it's pointless me being here . Got no interest in eating, looking after the house, find it difficult to go out because of the nature of the thoughts. Sometimes think what's the point of getting up in the mornings. I used to love planning holidays, going out, but almost feel disconnected from the world as I can't plan to do anything . I haven't had any windows just bad all the time and some days just really bad. Just wondered if this emotionally flat feeling and increased feeling of hopelessness is part of acute withdrawal and will it pass?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Lemanna said:

if this emotionally flat feeling and increased feeling of hopelessness is part of acute withdrawal and will it pass?

Acute withdrawal occurs during the first several months after cessation of the drug., in your case zopiclone.  These recent symptoms  likely stem from your adverse reaction to the sertraline, the symptoms of which are very similar to those of protracted withdrawal.  The symptoms are common and typical and will pass over time.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Sudden bad wave after 10 weeks off

Came off citalopram 10 weeks ago, felt awful whole time was on SSRI's but since coming off about last 10 days felt awful lot worse, really black thoughts, OCD lot worse almost like panic attacks at times, in tears lot of the time is this normal is just bad wave? Rang a bento helpline she thinks it's caused by the anti depressant rather than zopiclone as been off that 19 months. There is no way could ever go back on them as felt awful had adverse reaction, did taper over 6 weeks and was only on 5 mg dose

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus

You new post has been moved to your Introduction topic.  This keeps your history in once place.  Only 1 Introduction topic per member.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Please have a read of this topic:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

I've just started taking Omega 3 and magnesium to try help with OCD from SSRI withdrawal. Just wondered what dosage is best to take? Magnesium tablets are 100mg said take 2 but played safe and taking one. Also how long  before you should notice if they are working. Had bad reaction to some other supplements so hoping these will be OK.

Been in hell ever since.

• Administrator

In response to your question, read this about magnesium.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Lemanna Severe mental symptoms from SSRIs

Sleep problems new symptom?

Came off citalopram about 11 weeks ago had severe adverse reaction while on it. Sleep had been reasonably OK up to about 10 days ago. Bad mental symptoms  been my main problems. Now having trouble sleeping keep waking up and then wake up really early. Is this normal has anyone else had it start after few weeks off. Not helping my recovery.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sleep issues are very common here at SA.

tips-to-help-sleep-so-many-of-us-have-that-awful-withdrawal-insomnia

I'm about 11 weeks off citalopram with OCD type symptoms triggered since starting it, had adverse reaction while on it. Last few days felt lot worse, before felt awful but was consistent. Yesterday spent morning in tears, but managed to go see friends in the evening, did briefly feel normal of a few hours. But woke up this morning and the thoughts back with avengence again. Feel like someone just flicks a switch in my brain been in tears again as can't see this will ever end. Have been trying Omega 3 and low dose magnesium so wondering if this might triggered it. The zop withdrawal was very different, it was a slow simmer gradually got worse,  this has been lot unbearable right from the start.

Been in hell ever since.

• Mentor

@Lemanna

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. You are experiencing the classic windows and waves pattern. It’s like a rollercoaster ride of thoughts and emotions, topped with physical symptoms. 
I believe we will all heal, the thing is unfortunately it takes time. With that said you have 11 weeks off the drug, don’t forget how huge accomplishment that is. Be gentle to your mind and body, it is doing everything it can to heal.

One day at a time is what we have

All the best to you🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

Previously just felt same all the time pretty rubbish but constant. Guess was expecting a "window"  is when you feel a lot  better but obviously not. Don't have much experience of AD, but does that type thing normally go on for a while and is it a sign you are healing. I have been advised SSRI"s trigger OCD symptoms never had them before, but have really gone overboard last few days is that the wave scenario. Finding it really hard to find timescale, benzo recovery normally classed anything for 6-24 months hoping AD won't be as long as was only on them 6 months very low dose.

Been in hell ever since.

• Administrator

@Lemanna, please add questions about your situation and updates about it in this topic, your Intro topic. It will save you having to recount your story over and over and the staff will be able to understand the context of your posts.

It seems to me you got withdrawal syndrome from quitting zopiclone in Jan 2019, then went on a succession of other drugs with various adverse reactions. When you initially tried citalopram in October 2019, how did you react to it, other than hair falling out?

After you went back to citalopram in February 2020, what was its effect?

What do you mean by "OCD with compulsions"? What are your new symptoms since coming off citalopram? Did you have withdrawal symptoms while you were tapering it?

Please add dosages of each drug to your signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry find it bit confusing what to post where on here. First few days wasn't too bad but then intrusive thoughts got liot worse and developed depression, crying lot, mainly fearing may hurt people while driving. When GP switched to Sertraline started worrying might hurt people when passed them in street also ended up examining everything I put in bin in case anything in there could hurt people. Just escalated dramatically started getting panic attacks as well. Was told to stick with it to give them a chance but just got steadily worse felt more and more manic. Tried 10 mg cit dropped to 5 mg but was still as bad. Same with Sertraline started on 50mg  then dropped dose.Feels completely different to withdrawal from zopiclone the symptoms from that slowly got worse whereas this been instant. Sorry if I post in wrong place!

Been in hell ever since.

Sleep not been too bad. The symptoms were awful whole time been on AD about same since stopping. Think from what been reading had adverse reaction to them. GP keep telling me to swap probably didn't help

Been in hell ever since.

• Administrator

Sleep isn't the problem it's the mental symptoms. Have been trying magnesium & fish oil made symptoms worse so had to stop them. 

Been in hell ever since.

Anyone reinstated ?

Has anyone reinstated with what results? Was made to cold turkey zopiclone by GP had mild intrusive thoughts. Stupidly took citalopram for 6 months to help after being off zopiclone 8 months, gave me severe adverse reaction. Stopped it 11 weeks ago but ever since starting it  had had crippling OCD and anxiety. Got to stage really can't take it any more feel I can't go on. . Thinking of briefly reinstating zopiclone while doing a proper taper. Took 1 this morning and really calmed me down .I know this forum for AD, but just wondered if anyone had briefly reinstated their AD as the effects seem similar in some ways. Sorry if I've put this on wrong forum do find bit confusing where I'm meant to post.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Been in hell ever since.

6 hours ago, Lemanna said:

Has anyone reinstated with what results? Was made to cold turkey zopiclone by GP had mild intrusive thoughts. Stupidly took citalopram for 6 months to help after being off zopiclone 8 months, gave me severe adverse reaction. Stopped it 11 weeks ago but ever since starting it  had had crippling OCD and anxiety. Got to stage really can't take it any more feel I can't go on. . Thinking of briefly reinstating zopiclone while doing a proper taper. Took 1 this morning and really calmed me down .I know this forum for AD, but just wondered if anyone had briefly reinstated their AD as the effects seem similar in some ways. Sorry if I've put this on wrong forum do find bit confusing where I'm meant to post.

Hi Lemanna, there are many people who reinstate and there is a thread on it - pls use the search button. At some point someone had even done a spreadsheet with the results of various people's reinstatement on the forums. 

I reinstated a month out and it helped but the received wisdom is that it's best done  as soon as possible and at a very very low dose I had jumped off of 5 mg (original dose 20mg) and reinstated 2.5 mg on my own. Advice here would probably have been to reinstate at 1mg rather than 2.5 but I didn't know any better.

Intense OCD like symptoms are quite common in WD. They get better. You can try specific OCD CBT therapy to manage symptoms. Usually ERP therapy helps as well.

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Thanks I'll take a look only intending to do it for short time try cope with symptoms. Had OCD symptoms for 19 months  since stopping zopiclone haven't improved got lot worse on citalopram. Did try CBT but didn't help

Been in hell ever since.

OCD from taking SSRI's

I developed OCD type symptoms as a result of having adverse reaction to taking citalopram then sertraline. Have read elsewhere they can trigger this. Never had it before taking these meds. I took them to help with withdrawal from zopiclone. Just wondered if anyone else encountered this and how long before symptoms improved. Have stopped meds about 12 weeks ago, but still got quite bad symptoms. Was on them 6 months.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Been in hell ever since.

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on SA.  We like to keep similar discussion in one place so it is easier for members to find.  Before creating a new topic please check to see if there is an existing topic.  I like to use a search engine and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.

Other members have developed OCD type symptoms when reducing or stopping their suddenly.

Please see this topic:

obsessive-compulsive-disorder-or-ocd-repetitive-intrusive-thoughts-compulsive-behaviors

9 hours ago, Lemanna said:

OCD from taking SSRI's

I developed OCD type symptoms as a result of having adverse reaction to taking citalopram then sertraline. Have read elsewhere they can trigger this. Never had it before taking these meds. I took them to help with withdrawal from zopiclone. Just wondered if anyone else encountered this and how long before symptoms improved. Have stopped meds about 12 weeks ago, but still got quite bad symptoms. Was on them 6 months.

Hi Lemanna

I’ve got also intrusive thoughts when I ct Escitalopram. Propably I’ve got them when I start the drug, I don’t remember.  It’s waxing and waiving, but it does get better. As time pass, they go away. It’s frustrating slow and it need time, a lot of time. When you go more far away from ct, You can look back and see progress. You can look 3 or 6 months back and see that it’s not so bad anymore. Healing is slow, very slow. 

Mid july 2019 started Escitalopram 

First week 2,5mg, second week 5mg, then 10mg for few days, then back to 5mg

Mid september 2019 quit cold turkey Escitalopram

1. february 2020 started Ketipinor for sleep issues and anxiety

mid march 2020 stopped Ketipinor

Taking some Diazepams (Diapam 5mg) for panic attacks and withdrawal. Not taken for months.

Esomeprazol 40mg/day for gastroesophageal reflux disease

Tapering that out 25% / week (done)

Hi, 

How long before yours started improving? Had them bad since  starting citalopram about 11 months ago. Stopped it about 12 weeks ago. Did wean off  over 6 weeks. Just can't tolerate anti depressants. 

Been in hell ever since.

52 minutes ago, Lemanna said:

Hi, 

How long before yours started improving? Had them bad since  starting citalopram about 11 months ago. Stopped it about 12 weeks ago. Did wean off  over 6 weeks. Just can't tolerate anti depressants. 

I don’t exactly remember. When I ct I think that everything kept going worse and worse for 3 month mark. Then I saw some improvements in the evening and 6 month mark evenings were better. 8 month mark I saw my first window of normalcy, but it did’t last very long, maybe half an hour. Then bit by bit windows get longer. Still surviving, but days are easier to manage to evenings. The best thing is that you are not going insane, but I know that it feels like it. Your brain are trying to heal. 

Mid july 2019 started Escitalopram 

First week 2,5mg, second week 5mg, then 10mg for few days, then back to 5mg

Mid september 2019 quit cold turkey Escitalopram

1. february 2020 started Ketipinor for sleep issues and anxiety

mid march 2020 stopped Ketipinor

Taking some Diazepams (Diapam 5mg) for panic attacks and withdrawal. Not taken for months.

Esomeprazol 40mg/day for gastroesophageal reflux disease

Tapering that out 25% / week (done)

Yes I do feel like I am going crazy it's definitely got to be the meds. Psychotherapist said there are other meds but as they've caused this don't want go down that route. Reassurin to know that they did eventually ease for you. Be 3 months next week so hoping might get bit of relief. Did the diazapam help at all. They wouldn't give me any.

Been in hell ever since.