morgana: Zyprexa / olanzapine

morgana

Hi Morgana, just read some of your latest posts. If you're having sleep issues I believe you should hold until you can sleep normally, even if it takes a long time. I've seen a lot of people trying to force drops while having sleep issues and they always ended up really bad, so for me sleep is sacred, I only drop in percentages I can sleep well with. I noticed you took olanzapine for so many years ūüėĮ that must have been so hard. At 10mg I had uncontrollable urges to eat and akathisia, I gained 15kg, besides the numbing, it was hell. I do yoga at home, I try to start the day with a Sarah Beth or Boho beautiful video, check it up on YouTube. I also recommend trying a meditation by Vishen Lakhiani from mindvalley, Google it, it has 6 steps. It's not a regular meditation, your mind is engaged so it's easier, it is really powerful. You can do it while walking if you want listening to meditation music. Mindfulness meditation is also wonderful, you can start doing it walking too and maybe sit for 1 minute a day, then upping the time progressively. Meditation is really helping me, I am really happy I tried it. You already made good progresses on your journey, celebrate that. I wish you all the best!¬†

2007 - 15mg olanzapine, mood stabilizer, benzo, quetiapine 2009 - aripiprazol, benzo, lamotrigine 100mg 2015 - olzp 15mg, zolpidem 2017 - trazodone 2 weeks, cold turkey, lamotrigine and zolpidem, olzp 15mg, mood stabilizer, benzo 2018 - olzp 5mg, Nov olzp 2,5mg down directly from 5mg no symptoms 2019 - olzp 2,5mg cold turkey Jan after 12 days reinstated, cutting pills Nov 14 days reinstated 2,5mg 2020 - olzp 2,5 water taper by 2,5% 1,9mg (september) 45 days at 5mg, now at 2,5mg (28.10)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morgana

• ChessieCat

• manymoretodays

• hayduke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad to talk about this stuff.  I should stress I'm not a medical professional or anything - more sharing what's been working for me, and hopefully other people can find some use in that on their own

Hi morgana, Did you go to the liquid already?  And did you see Ccat's advice on crossing over, doing a gradual shift from the tablet/pill to liquid?   And okay, I'm seeing that you did

I used to have dissociative problems before I found the right help and sorted out my early traumas, partly what got me put on this drug.  Those did my memory no favours.  I also got messed around by m

manymoretodays

On 11/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, morgana said:

hi venkat, i might try poppy seed powder....i know cows milk is meant to help you sleep but i do not drink cows milk , so maybe i could use with some coconut milk see if that works....insominia is the worst....all i want is a good deep sleep...last night i got into bed a 1 am in the morning and got out of bed at 11.45 am this morning...i felt i didnt sleep a wink....it is torture, it can really affect your mood...i wish you luck, take it slow and let me know what symptoms you are experiencing...i would like to know if i am not the only one...cheers

Hi sweetie,

Do take another look at Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia, too.

It was an odd sleep, that I used to get when on Zyprexa.  I never felt rested or revitalized at all.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, manymoretodays said:

You may be able to find something affordable, that helps you to deal with the onslaught of uncomfortable emotions.  Ask about DBT:  Dialectical Behavior Therapy(DBT) and Radical Acceptance

On 11/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, morgana said:

hi manymoredays, i havnt had a drink since the beginning of November, however i know i need to deal with my emotions, and sometimes i cannot and need to drink, which is one of the reasons i need to see a therapist to talk to.  I have only met this pschologist once and will see him on a fortnightly basis, and in the 45 mins that i spent with him the other day he took down a timeline and overview of my life history...the office offers these services:  cognitive behavioural therapy, Acceptance & Committment therapy, eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (EMDR), Schema Therapy and Internal family systems therapy... all of which i know nothing about but the next time i see him i will find out how he can help me and which therapy we would be using...

As i only live in a small regional town in Australia, we do not have any practices that offer Dialectal and acceptance therapy...i was lucky to find a practice that offered what i wrote about...but yes drinking has always been my choice of drug...ever since i was a teenager, i had always found it difficult to feel comfortable in social situations so i always got drunk...in the end all i did was drink on my own at home, and needed to drink everyday inorder to relax and feel at ease inmyself...

The DBT link, has a link to some online program too.  Look at the Radical Acceptance piece.

Edited by manymoretodays
removed link, in next post

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

manymoretodays

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

35 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Here are computer and printable symptoms lists and also blank versions of them with a rating system.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

thanks chessiecat, more detailed than mine i might use that one instead of mine...am i able to write in it everyday on the computer?

Edited by ChessieCat
added quote

Diagnosed with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder and Schizo-effective Disorder. 

Cipramil  40mg  1996 to October 2017 stopped cold turkey

Zyprexa 10mg solid form  1996 to October 2017

Zyprexa 7.5mg solid form  October 2017 to October 2018

Zyprexa 5mg solid form  October 2018 to April 2020

Zyprexa 3.75mg solid form April 2020 to May 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid form  May 2020 to September 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg liquid form September to Mid October 2020 - couldnt sleep

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid form  Mid October 2020 to 10 Nov 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid 3/4 and liquid form 1/4  11 Nov 2020 to present

Supplements:  B complex, Multi vitamin, Omega fish oil, Magnesium 

My symptom table.docx

You are welcome morgana.  Yes, I created them from the Glenmullen symptom list.  You will need to download the Excel spreadsheet to use it.

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

hi chessiecat, i downloaded the excell but it wont let me type in the boxes

Diagnosed with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder and Schizo-effective Disorder. 

My symptom table.docx

You probably need to enable editing.

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

I've checked and yes you do need to enable editing.

I've added a note below the download link so that other members know to do that.

hi chessiecat, no its doesnt allow me to use it, even when i allow for editing its saying i need to subscribe in order to use it which i do not want to pay any money...thats OK i am happy to use my table, as i have written it with the symptoms that i find the most problematic..also i am strengthening some glutes late this arvo...lol.  I have a pilates class and again on thursday...classes were all booked last week so couldnt go....how your glutes going and they getting a work out....lol

My symptom table.docx

Microsoft is bloody horrible.

There is a popular free office suite that will read and write the usual MS Office documents, spreadsheets etc

You can give that a go at https://www.libreoffice.org/

Cheers

*** I am not a health professional - your actions are your own ***

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

10mg olanzapine 2003-06.  3mg risperidone 2006-2014 gave slight weight loss but mediocre sleep.  Abrupt x-taper to try aripiprazole Dec 2014 increasingly restless (Freddy the blind man could've seen that coming, shame about the pdoc) then back onto 10mg olanzapine after 3 weeks.

Round 1:  2015   10 -> 7 1/2 -> 6 2/3 -> 5mg olanzapine.   Hadn't researched, just decided to try it myself with pill cutter.  Easy enough.  Next cut to 3 1/3mg for 2 weeks had me struggling to function.  Reverted to 5mg, thought that was as far as I could go.

Round 2:  Given Breggin to read, found SA.  Taper from 5 to 2.5mg over five months.  Titrate liquid suspension using Rhi's method.  Cuts and holds all done by feel.  All samples at start of month in mg:

2018:  Feb 5.0 | Mar 4.5 | Apr 4.25 | May 3.7 | Jun 3.3 | Jul 3.1 | Aug 2.9 | Sep 2.5 and six month hold

Round 3:  2.5mg and below.  EMDR work unearthed and resolved root trauma at around 2.1mg

2019:  Jan 2.5 | Feb 2.3 | Mar 2.215 / EMDR / Apr 1.976 | May 1.875 | Jun 1.825 | Jul 1.625 | Aug 1.525 | Sep 1.46 | Oct 1.3 | Nov 1.225 | Dec 1.25

2020:¬† Jan 1.214 | Feb 1.1 | Mar 1.0 ūüôā | Apr 0.88 | May 0.82 | June 0.74 | July 0.69 | Aug 0.61 | Sep 0.59 | Oct 0.525 | Nov 0.5 | Dec 0.485

‚ÄėIf you think you‚Äôre enlightened, spend a week with your family.‚Äô¬† -- Ram Dass

hi hayduke, thanks for the link, but its OK i would prefer to just use the table i have already set up for myself, using a spreadsheet really isnt for me...but i will keep it in mind the link you showed me in case i ever need it...thanks

with my table i will just attach it to my signatary at the end of each page that is completed incase anyone is interested in seeing it..it would be good if i could just update the document that is attached each day but i dont think i can....thats OK....cheers.

My symptom table.docx