omnispan

omnispan: hitting the slopes of paroxetine withdrawal

omnispan

Hello,

I've been very grateful for this site, comforting me in the knowledge that I'm not alone in my battle.

10% taper is working slowly but steadily, it'll be a while but I'm planning on finishing it this way.

Withdrawal is not pleasant, but it doesn't suck as much as it did. 

Eating healthy (I got a really nice juicer) has been the biggest factor in helping manage my withdrawal symptoms, and mental wellbeing in general.

Thanks for all of your stories,

omnispan

2014 - 2019  |  Bupropion 150mg

2019 October week 1,2  |  Bupropion 75mg;    week 3+  |  Bupropion 0mg

2013 - 2019  |  Paroxetine 60mg

2019 November  |  Paroxetine 40mg

2019 December  |  Paroxetine 20mg

2020 January week 1 |  Paroxetine 10mg;    * withdrawal hits like a train, I discover this site *

2020 January week 2  |  Paroxetine 20mg

2020 January week 3 - March  |  Paroxetine 30mg

2020 April  |  Paroxetine 27mg

-10% taper each month

* 2020 September  |  Paroxetine 14.34mg

ChessieCat

Ho omnispan and welcome to SA,

I'm really pleased that you discovered SA and that the information available here has been helpful.

When tapering the idea is to taper at a rate that does not produce more than minimal withdrawal symptoms. 

Are you currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms?  If yes, then it might be time to hold on your current dose for a while and let your brain catch up.  It is better to hold when needed than to continue tapering when you are still getting withdrawal symptoms.  We have members here who have continued tapering despite their symptoms and have had to hold for a long time and it has ended up taking them longer to get off their drug than if they had slowed down.

WDnormal

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

A couple of things that you might find helpful.  Some members find that there are certain doses which they have more difficulty getting past then other doses.  It is not specific to a dose or a drug so we aren't able to say when you get to 'x' mg hold for longer.  You need to listen to your body.  Also many members find that as their dose gets lower they need to got slower by tapering less and/or holding longer.

Why taper paper: dose-occupancy curves

There are many existing topics on SA.  I prefer to use a search engine and add site: survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.

This is your own introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

REMINDER TO SELF:

I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft/sertraline; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)

Began tapering Oct 2015  Current from 17 Oct 2020:  Pristiq 0.56 mg (compounded + liquid)

My tapering program

My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

Hanna72

Hi @omnispan

Welcome from me too

Glad to have you with us, another upcoming Paxil survivor. Well done on your accomplishment so far.

Just wanted to wish you all the best.

Take care🙏

2000/ 20mg Paxil  for panic attacks. Many attempts to quit through out the years, without any success.

2019- January started tapering 20 mg Paxil. 
2019-October 10 mg Paxil , getting ready for a bridge with 20mg Prozac Took about 1 month during switch.

At one point my withdrawals were so bad I went up to 40 mg Prozac, but went quickly back down to 20 mg and very soon after that 10 mg Prozac.

Off  Paxil 2019/ November started tapering 10mg Prozac 2019/December 8 mg Prozac 

2020/January 4 mg Prozac 

2020/15/3 .09 mg jumped off

2020 March 16 off Prozac  Quetipine 25 mg used 1 time in 15 months, oxezapam 15 mg used 5 times 

Suppliments: Magnesium, omega 3 fish oil ( epa&dha) D and C vitamin 

“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time” Leo Tolstoy 

omnispan

Thank you everyone for your replies

On 9/10/2020 at 11:46 PM, ChessieCat said:

When tapering the idea is to taper at a rate that does not produce more than minimal withdrawal symptoms. 

Are you currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms?  If yes, then it might be time to hold on your current dose for a while and let your brain catch up.  It is better to hold when needed than to continue tapering when you are still getting withdrawal symptoms.  We have members here who have continued tapering despite their symptoms and have had to hold for a long time and it has ended up taking them longer to get off their drug than if they had slowed down.

My withdrawal symptoms come at a fairly regular schedule, and I always give them sufficient time to pass before switching doses.

They generally curve up over a week and peak at around 2-3 weeks after switching doses, then curve down over a week.  That all fits within a month, so I generally taper down 10% at the start of each month.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:46 PM, ChessieCat said:

A couple of things that you might find helpful.  Some members find that there are certain doses which they have more difficulty getting past then other doses.  It is not specific to a dose or a drug so we aren't able to say when you get to 'x' mg hold for longer.  You need to listen to your body.  Also many members find that as their dose gets lower they need to got slower by tapering less and/or holding longer.

Why taper paper: dose-occupancy curves

Thank you for the warning, I will be mindful of that potential as I progress.

The biggest thing withdrawal has taught me is how to listen to my own body (even not in the context of withdrawal), so I will continue to remain vigilant.

Cheers

omnispan

2014 - 2019  |  Bupropion 150mg

2019 October week 1,2  |  Bupropion 75mg;    week 3+  |  Bupropion 0mg

2013 - 2019  |  Paroxetine 60mg

2019 November  |  Paroxetine 40mg

2019 December  |  Paroxetine 20mg

2020 January week 1 |  Paroxetine 10mg;    * withdrawal hits like a train, I discover this site *

2020 January week 2  |  Paroxetine 20mg

2020 January week 3 - March  |  Paroxetine 30mg

2020 April  |  Paroxetine 27mg

-10% taper each month

* 2020 September  |  Paroxetine 14.34mg

ChessieCat

Sounds like you've already learned a lot.  Great to hear that you are listening to your body.

We encourage members to learn and use Non-drug techniques to cope

Also, there are many topics/discussions on SA.  I like to use a search engine and add site: survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.

Alternatively you can visit the other forums and check out the topics in them.

You might also be interested in Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

REMINDER TO SELF:

I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft/sertraline; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)

Began tapering Oct 2015  Current from 17 Oct 2020:  Pristiq 0.56 mg (compounded + liquid)

My tapering program

My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.