SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Annatoneva: withdrawals symptoms and I can’t cope with it

Annatoneva

Hello , my name is Anna-Maria I want to start from the beginning of my story and I am sorry if it’s too long . I am in need of help .

2015 the end I had a surgery and was put on diazepam without even knowing what it is . Doctor said it’s good for muscle relaxation since I had issues with that after surgery. Long story short after few weeks on them and bunch of other meds I started having panic attacks and extreme debilitating anxiety. I had no idea what was happening, I couldn’t sleep for nothing for days .

They start giving me all kinds of drugs to help me sleep , but nothing I had metallic taste all the time and the fear got out of control . Then they diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder and put me on lexapro and then added Wellbutrin, finally after 8 weeks I recover and felt better then ever .

I stayed on the drugs for 3 years and the begging of 2019 ask my doctor if I can come off he said yes and said just start cutdown slowly and in few months you can come off. So I did didn’t notice much change but brain zaps and some irritability. Then stared getting very emotionally numb and dissociate.

I got scared and I went to a new doctor because I moved and he suggested to try Zoloft , horrible then Effexor and Wellbutrin then he got me off Effexor and added lexapro. Few months and I was not doing good anxious and very dissociated .

Finally I said get me off everything so he literally said to just cut lexapro from 20 to 10 in two weeks and then stop . I was still not myself then he cut Wellbutrin 150 mg in Half then all hell broke loose . Last dose of lexapro February 2020 last dose of Wellbutrin July 7 2020.

Now I can’t even describe the agony I am going through my brain feels fried and it’s a lot of anxiety a like I am pure crazy it’s so frustrating I am so far gone I had few days of some relief then my period came and I am experiencing a wave of symptoms so strong that I am bed ridden and I had worsening of symptoms around my period it’s debilitating.

I found a really good doctor that agrees that I am going through withdrawals and said it’s best to wait it out but he also said if it gets unbearable to try lexapro on it’s on since it worked the first time .

Any thoughts? I am in so much pain I can keep this it’s been since the begging of 2019 that I have not been myself and I went through hell and it’s not getting better . Thank you all , I am sorry for the long message 🙏🏻

Edited by ChessieCat
added paragraph spacing
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Annatoneva: withdrawals symptoms and I can’t cope with it
  • Administrator

Welcome, Anna.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, Annatoneva said:

I stayed on the drugs for 3 years and the begging of 2019 ask my doctor if I can come off he said yes and said just start cutdown slowly and in few months you can come off. So I did didn’t notice much change but brain zaps and some irritability. Then stared getting very emotionally numb and dissociate.

You were on diazepam and Wellbutrin, then went off?

How were you feeling when you first tried Zoloft?

IMPORTANT To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.