Itsm: introducing myself, I really need help

Istm

• Administrator
Altostrata

You probably have sensitivity to the natural morning cortisol surge. Many people here experience this.

If I were you, I might increase sertraline to 1mg, see what that does. 0.7mg may not be enough. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Istm

• Gridley

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to SA, Istm.  I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.   To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and di

Hi Istm, I am Mexican, I live in Ciudad de México, I just read your post and I want you to know that you are not alone. This drugs can wreak havoc in all our system.  As the moderator told you, you ca

Hi, I’m new hear, I’m sorry if I have any gramatical errors, my native language isn’t English. I’m 18 years old female, I started sertraline at 14 and was been on and off sertraline (I used it total f

Yep, I’m having toxic mornings.

I’ll think about increasing but I’m finding it really hard to even take the .7mg. I’m so stubborn and just want to be off the medication. My brain sees Zoloft as poison and I get so angry when I have to take it.

•august 2016- feb 2019: on and off SSRIs (fluoxetine and agomelatine) also unknown drug and clonazepam for a short amount of time 

•January 25 2020: 50mg of setraline and clonazepam 1mg 

•March 2020: increase to 100mg of setraline

•May 2020:  stopped setraline, fast tapper 3 weeks. stopped clonazepam, according to how my psychiatrists told me. 

Since I’ve been in withdrawal I find that when I get too stressed (everything stresses my nervous system, sound, light, high temperature, situations etc...) I get this huge urge for food and I binge eat. I was wondering if this binge eating could be withdrawal related? 

Due to withdrawal I also have some issues with impulse control and it’s hard to resist the urges, specially when my environment is too stressful (which usually always is since my family is really dysfunctional and there’s always noise in my house)

After I binge my symptoms get much worse and it’s obviously making my withdrawal harder. I’m also trying to eat healthier but I keep using sugar for relief.

•august 2016- feb 2019: on and off SSRIs (fluoxetine and agomelatine) also unknown drug and clonazepam for a short amount of time 

•May 2020:  stopped setraline, fast tapper 3 weeks. stopped clonazepam, according to how my psychiatrists told me. 

ChessieCat

I find that when I'm stressed I like to eat hard/crunchy things because of the action and sound of the chewing of it.

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

Hi, I didn’t took the .7mg dose of Zoloft for the last two days since something in me is just really traumatized and doesn’t want to take it, plus I don’t feel any major improvement if I take it or not. I know I made a mistake by stopping the reinstate but I was wondering if it’s okay if I stop? I’m just so confused, I don’t want to take it AT ALL, it’s so hard for me to take it, but at the same time I’m scared I’ll never feel better. I’m so confused.

ChessieCat

If you've already stopped it for the last 2 doses and you want to stay off then it seems pointless in starting to take it again only to stop it again.  The brain likes consistency.  Your symptoms might be a bit up and down over the next few weeks but hopefully things will settle back down quickly for you.

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:43 AM, ChessieCat said:

If you've already stopped it for the last 2 doses and you want to stay off then it seems pointless in starting to take it again only to stop it again.  The brain likes consistency. 

yep, it’s just that I get so confused about what’s “right” to do. I fear that reinstate  will make things worse but I also fear that not taking it will make things worse.

That’s why I can’t decide. 

I’ve been off it and feel no difference. I’ve been in this constant state of WD “normal” for about 6 months. My symptoms haven’t improved nor gotten worse.

6 month update 

Hi, I just wanted to update about my symptoms since in a few days I’ll be 6 months off all medication. Over the 6 months I’ve honestly had no improvement which is a bit scary. I haven’t had any “window” at all. I’ve read that some people don’t have windows and still get better but I’m scared about my lack of improvement or windows. 

My major symptoms still are:

Withdrawal induced depression 

Anhedonia

Derealization 24/7 

Fatigue

Bad cognitive fog/memory and concentration issues

Inner restlessness/akathisia 

hot flashes 

anxiety

Irritability/ neuro emotions

hypersensitivity to sound, light, and stress

dizziness

pssd

I’m sorry this isn’t a positive update, but this is how I’ve been. It has just been 6 months and can’t imagine going on like this for more years. My family hasn't been supportive at all which makes it worse. I woke up with the worst akathisia and hot flashes today. 

ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Six months is a very short time after a cold turkey/very fast taper(?) off two drugs.

Thanks ChessieCat, I guess this is going to take a really long time. 6 months in wd is nothing but it feels like forever... oh my god

ChessieCat

Think of it this way.

When we have the flu we feel awful.  After a few days there may be some improvement, eg the fever might have gone down or the head might have eased or our nose might not be as blocked or running as much as it was or we might not be coughing as much.  But because we still have other flu symptoms which make us feel awful we still feel awful.

It's better compare yourself with how you felt at your worst, not how you felt at your best or how you want to feel.

And just like when we are sick with the flu, it feels like a long time, simply because it is taking longer than we would like it to.

You might consider keeping a diary and rate your symptoms.  That way you can be more objective and might be able to see some improvements which you haven't noticed.

And remember, even the tiniest of improvements is still and improvement and means that recovery is happening.

There are computer and printable lists of symptoms here and also some blank ones.  They  include a ratings system:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Edited by ChessieCat

Thanks Chessie 💗

Hi, just out of curiosity, I came across a comment online about a guy who took an AD for 1 day and says that 3 years after he’s not himself still. I got scared and so I tried to make sense of his situation by thinking that maybe he had an adverse reaction and that why it’s taking so much for him to go back to normal.

However, I started reading more about adverse reactions and now I’m wondering if I also had that while taking my AD. I remember feeling derelization and sexual side effects while on the medication, does this means that I had an adverse reaction? everything became worse and new symptoms added once I CT’ed but l was wondering if maybe I also had adverse reaction? Sorry for asking so much I’m just really curious. Thanks! 

So I was just wondering if the fact that I had wd symptoms while on the medication is an adverse reaction? Or just inter dose withdrawal? 

I’m now scared that if I had an adverse reaction while on the drugs that means that it will take much longer for me to heal. 

sorry for asking too much again, thanks

On 11/25/2020 at 6:14 AM, Istm said:

So I was just wondering if the fact that I had wd symptoms while on the medication is an adverse reaction? Or just inter dose withdrawal? 

I’m now scared that if I had an adverse reaction while on the drugs that means that it will take much longer for me to heal. 

Hi ISTM,

If you have bad side effects whilst on the medication, that is adverse reaction(s).  WD symptoms are symptoms after you have come off.  Many, many people have adverse reactions to these drugs - sexual dysfunction being one of the most common.  In fact it seems the majority of people have this adverse reaction.  Many people recover quickly from it once off the drug; an unlucky percentage (and we don't know how big that percentage is) have PSSD which can last a long time.

I don't think you should worry in terms of being less likely to recover from an adverse reaction.  If you had been okay on the drug and then when you came off had severe withdrawal symptoms suddenly occur, you would probably be asking the same question just the other way around.  It is understandable.  These drugs effect different people in different ways.  Some recover quickly, some take a very long time - this applies to both adverse reactions and purely withdrawal symptoms.  Most people who are on here probably have a combination of the two.  

Escitalopram for anxiety (dates below are approximate).

Oct 09 - Apr 10, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 10 - Feb 11, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 11 - Aug 12, 20mg (started to taper off but failed). 

Oct 12 - Dec 13, 20mg.  Dec 13 - Apr 14, 10mg.  Apr 14 - Nov 14, 5mg. 

Nov 14 - Jan 16, 20mg.  Jan 16 - Aug 16, 10mg.  Aug 16 - Dec 16, 10mg every other day.  Dec 16 - Jan 17 5mg every third day.  Jan 17 - took last tablet.

Thank you so much for the explanation @1Day!

Hope you are doing well