SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

random: When does antidepressant kick in?

random

Hi there,

İm 24 years old an iam using Brintellix 10mg for 5 weeks now. İ used 5 mg before i started with the 10mg one. my doctor described my this drug because i had fatigue iam tired all the time and i don't have motivation to do something.

This SSRİ didn't give me energy yet but my psychiatry told me to use it for 8 week before we can see any results.

This drug reduced my anxiety, stress, negative toughts are reduced and i have more confidence. İ don't feel any huge side effect rather than tiredness.

Did anyone used an antidepressant that worked after 6-8 weeks. and how did you feel when it started to work.

Thanks

• ChessieCat changed the title to random: When does antidepressant kick in?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi ransom and welcome to SA,

SA is a site for tapering/withdrawal of psychiatric drugs.  You might check out this site:  patientslikeme.com

If you are also taking other drugs I suggest that you put them all in the Drug.com Interactions Checker

Also check the list of side effects here:  https://www.drugs.com/sfx/trintellix-side-effects.html

From the information that has been gained from member experience on sites like SA, your doctor may start adding/changing drugs.  If you stop the drug you are currently taking and change to a different one it is possible to experience withdrawal symptoms from the current drug and/or sides effects and/or adverse reaction to the new drug.  Because of the changes it will not be possible to know which drug is causing what issue.  If the doctor wants you to add a drug please do the drug interaction check, link given above.

Please note that it can take as little as 4 weeks for the brain to become physiologically dependent on a psychiatric drug.  After this time, if you decide you want to stop the drug, it is best to do a taper.  I will provide the information about this below.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

tips-for-tapering-vortioxetine-trintellix-brintellix

If you decide that you want to stop the drug you are currently taking, and NOT start a new drug, then we can assist you with that.  If this is the case, please create your drug signature and include ALL drugs.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management