SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Eminem18x: help me for survive - I want start my life again

Eminem18x

Depression and anxiety about 3 years.try different medications.i had grew the problem.now i understood my condition.i started mirtazapine 1 month ago(tried all ssris before)but now i live with derealization and anxiety.but i want to stop all medications.i want to live with and success without drugs.i am only 18 years old.i am frkm sri lanka.i am studying yet.i have only 1 person to help me amd it's my father
But he has no knowledge about these things and we have a lot of economical issues.but i never stop my journey.i can't listen a lesson for 2 hour.i have my symtoms also now.i stopped pregablin,gabapentin,alprazolam,promethazine,fluoxetine,lamotrigine,quetiapine in this year.so i couldn't do anything in this year because of withdrawal sufferings.i discontinued four medications include fluoxetine 60 mg  before one month and also i have also the pains of them now i am on mirtazapine 15mg now.i want to stop it and start my life again.please help me to my journey and god bless you!sorry for my grammer mistakes.

I want your advices.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Eminem18x: help me for survive
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Eminem.

Your grammar is just fine. 

You're been on quite an assortment of drugs. What kind of symptoms are you having? 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:16 AM, Eminem18x said:

i stopped pregablin,gabapentin,alprazolam,promethazine,fluoxetine,lamotrigine,quetiapine in this year.so i couldn't do anything in this year because of withdrawal sufferings.i discontinued four medications include fluoxetine 60 mg  before one month and also i have also the pains of them now i am on mirtazapine 15mg now.

Can you tell us which months you were on each of these drugs? And the doses? 

Please give us as much detail as you can. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Eminem18x, 

and welcome on SA.

I see many drugs mentionned in your post.

We need more details to try to give you accurate advices.

To help us, could you please

--> Make a list of the drugs you took/take with doses, dates of start and discontinuations

--> Tell us if you take supplements, and give us doses and dates

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hello Eminem. I am glad you found SA. You will get help and support here. 

Paxil  07/1997 - 10/1998 Quit CT  

Neurontin, topamax, trazadone,  ssri AD (don't remember which one) 12/1998 - 06/1999 CT everything

Eflexor Xanax  04/2000 -08/2000 CT  ***01/2008-05/2013 on/off lexapro, lamictalseroquelsaphris, pristiq  Start/Stop CT at intervals 

Zoloft 200 mg 07/2013  WD 04/3/20 - 04/8/20 Quit

Seroquel 800 mg 07/2013 2013 *400 mg 07/2019  *** WD 04/15/2020 - 06/19/20 Quit

Ambien 10 mg 07/2013  WD 5 mg 04/29/2020, 2.5 mg 12/24/20, 1.66 mg 01/21/2021, 1.25 mg 02/16/2021 *** 02/22/2021 Quit

Xanax  2 mg prn 07/2013 - 04/23/20 Quit CT

Lamictal 150 mg 07/2013 WD 05/06/20 -06/11/2020 Quit

Propranolol 03/21/2020 - 04/20/2020 Quit CT

Hydroxyzine  12/14/2020 - 12/27/20 Quit

Allegra 24 hr 01/11/21 Flonase Nasal Spray 01/11/21

Magnesium Glycinate 100mg x3 daily D3 5000iu daily 

On 10/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, Eminem18x said:

Depression and anxiety about 3 years.try different medications.i had grew the problem.now i understood my condition.i started mirtazapine 1 month ago(tried all ssris before)but now i live with derealization and anxiety.but i want to stop all medications.i want to live with and success without drugs.i am only 18 years old.i am frkm sri lanka.i am studying yet.i have only 1 person to help me amd it's my father
But he has no knowledge about these things and we have a lot of economical issues.but i never stop my journey.i can't listen a lesson for 2 hour.i have my symtoms also now.i stopped pregablin,gabapentin,alprazolam,promethazine,fluoxetine,lamotrigine,quetiapine in this year.so i couldn't do anything in this year because of withdrawal sufferings.i discontinued four medications include fluoxetine 60 mg  before one month and also i have also the pains of them now i am on mirtazapine 15mg now.i want to stop it and start my life again.please help me to my journey and god bless you!sorry for my grammer mistakes.

I want your advices.

Thank you very much for pay attention to my problem.

About 4 years ago i had dysmophobia.i told my problem to a doctor and he diagnosed me as depression and ocd.at that time i was 14 years old and i had many dreams.i will tell you some of my goals at that time.

I passed scholarship exam in 10 years old.the only one of child who passed the exam in my school was me.my father is a worker and he was very happy at that time.since my childhood i was a clever child.sri lanka is a poor country and also our family is suffering from many economic issues.i dreamed to learn well and be a successful man.i went to a new college as a award of my scholarship.i am a boy with low self esteem at that time .it means i depressed a lot when i faced to a challenge and it was my weakness.

However at the age of i had dysmophobia the doctor prescribe me sertraline 50mg and i got it daily.before i start sertraline i dreamed on my future life with sex and other things.but i had only a fear on my body and i haven't depressive symptoms.after taking sertraline it grew up a sexual dysfunction and i scared it and i thought it was a disorder.then i scared that my sexual life had broken.i was hopelessness.my depression begin at that point.but the start of my depression now and at that day is likely sky and ground.

I have a big story to say but i cant type them beacause of i tired a lot now.i will type only medications i got.i will tell my story later and i'm sorry.

3y and 2 months ago

Fluoxetine 20mg 1 month

Becuase of sexual issued change to

Mirtazapine 15mg 1 month

Then i had derealization so changed

Fluoxetine 20mg 

Resperidone 0.5mg

Clonazapam 0.5mg 3 month

Changed my clinic and started

Sertraline 50mg 2 month

Sertraline 100mg

Resperidone 1mg 2 month

Sertraline 100mg 

Resperidone 1mg

Lamotrigine 25mg 3 month

Sertraline 150mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Sertraline 200mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Then admitted in a hospital

Sertraline 200mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg

Mirtazapine 7.5mg 1 month

Becuse of attempted to suicide readmitted to the hospital gave me 3 ects.but the cure was temporary.

Sertraline 150mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Changed the clinic

I wil send other medications later i'm so deprssed now.thank you

Thank you very much for pay attention to my problem.

About 4 years ago i had dysmophobia.i told my problem to a doctor and he diagnosed me as depression and ocd.at that time i was 14 years old and i had many dreams.i will tell you some of my goals at that time.

I passed scholarship exam in 10 years old.the only one of child who passed the exam in my school was me.my father is a worker and he was very happy at that time.since my childhood i was a clever child.sri lanka is a poor country and also our family is suffering from many economic issues.i dreamed to learn well and be a successful man.i went to a new college as a award of my scholarship.i am a boy with low self esteem at that time .it means i depressed a lot when i faced to a challenge and it was my weakness.

However at the age of i had dysmophobia the doctor prescribe me sertraline 50mg and i got it daily.before i start sertraline i dreamed on my future life with sex and other things.but i had only a fear on my body and i haven't depressive symptoms.after taking sertraline it grew up a sexual dysfunction and i scared it and i thought it was a disorder.then i scared that my sexual life had broken.i was hopelessness.my depression begin at that point.but the start of my depression now and at that day is likely sky and ground.

I have a big story to say but i cant type them beacause of i tired a lot now.i will type only medications i got.i will tell my story later and i'm sorry.

3y and 2 months ago

Fluoxetine 20mg 1 month

Becuase of sexual issued change to

Mirtazapine 15mg 1 month

Then i had derealization so changed

Fluoxetine 20mg 

Resperidone 0.5mg

Clonazapam 0.5mg 3 month

Changed my clinic and started

Sertraline 50mg 2 month

Sertraline 100mg

Resperidone 1mg 2 month

Sertraline 100mg 

Resperidone 1mg

Lamotrigine 25mg 3 month

Sertraline 150mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Sertraline 200mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Then admitted in a hospital

Sertraline 200mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg

Mirtazapine 7.5mg 1 month

Becuse of attempted to suicide readmitted to the hospital gave me 3 ects.but the cure was temporary.

Sertraline 150mg

Resperidone 1 mg

lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Changed the clinic

Venlafaxine 37.5mg 1week and up to 75mg

Resperidone 1mg

Lamotrigine 50mg 1 month

Venlafaxine up to 225mg 1 month

Venlafaxine 300mg 1 month

Changed clinic

Fluoxetine 40mg

Olanazapine 10mg 5 months

Venlafaxine 75mg added and then up to 150mg

Lithium 400mg with above drugs 3 months

Hospitalized And given 5 ects..readmitted  3 times  because i redosed clonazapam high doses.then i escaped from the hospital at the last time of admission.

Changed clinic

Fluoxetine 40mg

Amitryptylime 20mg

Gabapentin 600mg

Pregablin 150mg

Alprazolam 1mg

Promethazine 25mg 2month

These drugs were prescribed by a family doctor.he had no sufficient knowledge on psychiatric drugs.

We went to him because we had not anything to do at that time.i thought he can heal me and but my decision was incorrect.at the time of i realized that he can not to this and these drugs addictive i used them about 2 months i addicted to pregablin and gabapentin.

Then i and my father went to see a consultant psychiatrist.according to my father's salary it was a big payment but he did it becuase he love a lot for me.

Anyway the doctor said "pregablin and gabapentin are highly addictive and what an idiot prescribed these drugs for you".the consultant start to taper them and added quetiapine 50mg with fluoxetine 60mg.he continued them about 6 months.the tapering was a so difficult and withdrawal was so so difficult thing.but i spent that time with sever depression alone.it was 2 demons at one time.no one understood my pain.i passes that hell.about 2 months ago my drugs list was Fluoxetine 60mg,lamotrigine 25mg,quetiapine 100mg.withdrawal end and my education and social activities have broken a lot.i suffered with the thought of my sexual dysfunction.i haven't a masturbation with full sex feelings during past 4 years.it was a big pain in my mind.so i decided to stop all drugs and started to start mirtazapine.i told it to my doctor.he blames me and start mirtazapine.now i'm on mirtazapine now and feeling a lot of withdrawals.emotional numb,no interest,panic attacks and severals.fourtunately,it is netter than pregalin and gabapentin withdrawal.now i have an idea of my illness.depression,generalized anxiety,derealization,poor personality.

I am trying to start my life from zero.there are many challenges to me.there is no one to advice me.the doctor is only giving me drugs and they are not paying attention to me.anyway i will never give up my attempt.the father has not knowledge on success amd my mother is also.

I'm 18 yeats old a boy with no income way.i want to win this game.so please help me as good friends and successed peoples with experiences of situations like me.

God bless you!.

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed up formatting to remove pink background
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SurvivingAntidepressants, Eminem18x.  We are a site for helping people taper off psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry you've been given so many drugs. We had had several members who, like you were given drugs at a young age and have healed and are living happy lives.  

What are your symptoms now?

We like to have a history of the drugs you've taken, along with dates and doses.  Your drug history is very long and complicated, and I'm going to start with  the drugs you were given when you changed clinics after the 5 ect's you were given in the hospital.  Please add dates (approximate is fine) and doses if you can remember them.  Please correct any errors I've made.

DATES?  Fluoxetine 40mg, Amitriptyline 20mg, Gabapentin 600mg,  Pregabalin 150mg, Alprazolam 1mg, Promethazine 25mg (2 months)

DATES?  Tapered gabapentin and pregabalin.  Added Quetiapine 50mg and fluoxetine for 6 months.

August 9, 2020 Drug list was Fluoxetine 60mg, lamotrigine 25mg, Quetiapine 100mg

DATE?  Stopped all drugs cold turkey.  Added Mirtazapine WHAT DOSE?

Once you've answered the questions, please use the following link and put this information in the link and press "save" when you're finished.  This will be your drug signature and it will appear at the bottom of all your posts.  This will be very helpful to the moderators in working to advise you.  You will need to use a computer (not a phone) to complete your drug signature.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Eminem, you've been given so many drugs, many of which shouldn't be taken together, some of which very likely you had an adverse (bad) reaction to.

You are suffering from withdrawal from not only the gabapentin and pregabalin but likely other drugs too.  Doctors don't believe in withdrawal and misdiagnose withdrawal as "mental illness" and throw more drugs at you, not to mention electro convulsive therapy.

The most important thing right now is to make now more drug changes.  Stay on your current dose of Mirtazapine.  Do not stop taking it and do not add other drugs.  Once you have stabilized on this current dose, we can talk about tapering off the Mirtazapine.  But that won't be for several months.

Be patient.  You can heal from these drugs.  Time is the cure.  

So that you have a better idea of what you've been and are currently experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal and the healing process.  It's a lot of information, so take your time reading it.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well.

Brain Remodelling 

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that ae single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, answer my questions, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Eminem18x: help me for survive - I want start my life again

my drugs list

I will mention drug list of this year.

After went to consultant psychiatrist.

2019 december fluoxetine 40mg,alprazolam 0.25mg bd,pregablin 150mg,gabapentin 300mg bd,promethazine 25mg.he was decided to taper pregablin gabapentin but he postponed it because of my depressive symptoms.

Next session

2020 january fluoxetine 60mg,promethazine 25mg,alprazolam 0.25mg,gabapentin 300mg bd,pregablin 150mg bd,quetiapine 50mg 1month.

But i went again to see the psychiatrist because i wanted to taper unwanted drugs. in february 02 the psychiatrist had continue previous drugs updating gabapentin 100mg mane and 300mg nocte and after 2 weeks only gabapentin 300mg ant night.

i wiil mention only updated drugs.february 2 the plan was gabapentin 200mg nocte 2 weeks then drop it to 100 mg nocte and stop gabapention also incresed quetiapine 100 mg.

in february 23 alprazolam dropped to 0.125 mane and 0.25 nocte.pregablin dropped to 75mg mane 2 weeks and 75 mg eod 2 weeks and then stoppped morning dose.pregablin 150mg nocte continued.quetiapine up to 150mg.

in march 19 in the covid season the psychiatrist pregablin dropped to 75mg nocte and quetiapine up to 200mg nocte.also alprazolam morning dosage stopped.we couldn't able to see the doctor because of curfew.but i sropeed takingpromethazine,and alprazolam cold turkey.we could able to see him on july 7 after 4 months of last appointment.then he continue fluoxetine 60mg,pregablin 75mg nocte.quetiapine dropped to 100mg after i told him.after 2 weeks he dropeed pregablin to 50mg at night.after 3 weeks we saw him i complained "i can't sleep without pregablin and i want to stop pregablin".but the doctor didn't do anything.doctor refused to stop pregablin because of withdrawal.then i thought to stop it cold turkey.i had not sleepped about 1 week after stop it.i had severe depression after discontinuation.i suffered a lo in that period.doctor blamed me and decided to give me ects.but the ect ward had closed because of covid19.i lost my control.doctor said "i can't do nothing and you must spend this time'.doctor added lamotrigine 25mg on july 28.after 1 and half months of discontinuation my withdrawal  symptoms cured. my drugs list was fluoxetine 60mg,qutiapine100mg, and lamotrine25mg.then i wanted to stop all medication because of my sexual side effects.also that period my derelization,depression and anxiety symptoms in mild.

in september 6 i stopped all drugs.but i had relapsed on symptoms.so i went to see the doctor again and he started mirtazapine.he said me that that was free with sexual side effects.now i'm on mirtazapine about and 7 weeks .i'm suffering from emotional numb,dereliazation and anxiety symtopms.also i have sedative because of mirtazapine.no interests on daily activities.but the sexual dysfunction does not cured.i think it happpens becuase of my depression.

what would i do now?stop mirtazapine or continue it?

Is mirtazapine free with sexual side effects?

If i stop mirtazapine does my symptoms get severe?

is it a bad idea that continue mirtazapine?

What can i do for my derealization?

also i have some social anxiety.What can i do for cure it?

Can't i feel sexual feeling in future?

I have panic attacks also in every moment just in home.How do i get my cure?

Starting is my education is very hard.How can i do it?

Please answer for me.

I have 4 year history.But it is very long.to the ease of you and me i mentioned only drugs in this year.in past 2 yaers.i thoght that my depression was uncureable and also i had myths on my mind.also i had management phobia.past 4 except this year my mind was with very unneccassary things.i thought this thoughts kill my cure.anyway help me to manage my preoblem.

god bless you.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title
  • Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Eminem18x said:

what would i do now?stop mirtazapine or continue it?

Continue it.  You have made many changes in your drugs, and you need to become stable.  Do not change your dose and do not add other drugs.  Hold on your present dose of Mirtazapine for several months.  When you have stabilized we can help you taper slowly and safely off it.

Is mirtazapine free with sexual side effects?

According to a U.S. government publication of the National Institute of Health, Mirtazapine has a lower tendency to cause sexual side effects.

If i stop mirtazapine does my symptoms get severe?

If you stop it without a very slow taper, there is a danger of withdrawal symptoms occurring.

What can i do for my derealization?

Derealization is a common withdrawal symptom.  Like all withdrawal symptoms, it will fade in time.  If you Google SurvivingAntidepressants,org derealization you can read about others' experiences with derealization.

also i have some social anxiety.What can i do for cure it?

A non-drug therapist--not a psychiatrist--can help.

Can't i feel sexual feeling in future?

Many members report that sexual feelings eventually return.  

I have panic attacks also in every moment just in home.How do i get my cure?

I'm sorry this link is not in your native language, but perhaps it will help.

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Starting is my education is very hard.How can i do it?

I'm sorry.  I don't know the answer to this question.  Many members in withdrawal have difficulty with school and with work.

This restorative yoga pose is very helpful with anxiety.

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Eminem, please add a signature so we can have a clear list of what drugs you've been on and what drugs you're currently taking. Your signature will show up underneath each of your posts. 

Here are the instructions: 

Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature

Include - (1) any drugs you are no longer taking. Add the month and year you started and the month and year you stopped. Please also include the dose. 

(2) the drugs you are currently taking. Add the month and year you started and also include the dose. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, Shep said:

Eminem, please add a signature so we can have a clear list of what drugs you've been on and what drugs you're currently taking. Your signature will show up underneath each of your posts. 

Here are the instructions: 

Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature

Include - (1) any drugs you are no longer taking. Add the month and year you started and the month and year you stopped. Please also include the dose. 

(2) the drugs you are currently taking. Add the month and year you started and also include the dose. 

Eminem, I know that you might feel confused and scared, but we really do need these infos.

We need it in a simple and clear list, without symptoms or comments at first : it will help us to see your drug history at a glance and understand all the drug changes. 

---> Can you try do a simple list with :

Dates of start and stop (month and year) - Name of the drug - Dosage.

I've re-read your posts and started a simple list, please confirm the infos

December 2019 :

Fluoxetine 40mg

Promethazine 25mg

Alprazolam 0.5mg (0.25mg morning/ 0.25mg night)

Gabapentin 300mg

Pregablin 300mg (150mg morning / 150mg night)

Quietapine 50mg

January 2020 :

Same drugs and dosages.

Fluoxetine updosed to 60mg

February 2020 :

Fluoxetine 60mg

Promethazine 25mg

Alprazolam dropped to 0.375mg (0.125mg morning / 0.25mg night)

Gabapentin : updosed to 400mg, then back to 300mg, then dropped to 200mg, then 100mg, then stopped.

Pregablin : dropped to 225mg (75mg morning / 150mg night), then dropped to only 150mg at night.

Quietapine updosed to 100mg, then to 150mg.

March 2020 :

Fluoxetine 60mg 

Promethazine 25mg 

Alprazolam dropped to only 0.25mg at night.

Pregablin dropped to only 75mg at night.

Quietapine updosed to 200mg 

Spring 2020 : 

Fluoxetine 60mg 

Promethazine stopped CT (Dates ?)

Alprazolam stopped CT (Dates ?)

Pregablin 75mg at night

Quietapine 200mg

July 2020 :

Fluoxetine 60mg 

Pregablin dropped to 50mg, then stopped CT.

Quietapine dropped to 100mg.

Lamotrigine 25mg (started on 28th July)

August 2020 :

Fluoxetine 60mg 

Quietapine 100mg

Lamotrigine 25mg

6th September 2020 :

Stopped drugs CT.

Started Mirtazapine 15mg (Date ?)

---》 Current medication : Mirtazapine 15mg.

Question : What are your current symptoms?

Question : do you think you can try to make a simple list of your drugs with dates and dosages for the years 2019-2018-2017-2016 ?

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 6 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, Gridley said:

Welcome to SurvivingAntidepressants, Eminem18x.  We are a site for helping people taper off psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry you've been given so many drugs. We had had several members who, like you were given drugs at a young age and have healed and are living happy lives.  

What are your symptoms now?

We like to have a history of the drugs you've taken, along with dates and doses.  Your drug history is very long and complicated, and I'm going to start with  the drugs you were given when you changed clinics after the 5 ect's you were given in the hospital.  Please add dates (approximate is fine) and doses if you can remember them.  Please correct any errors I've made.

DATES?  Fluoxetine 40mg, Amitriptyline 20mg, Gabapentin 600mg,  Pregabalin 150mg, Alprazolam 1mg, Promethazine 25mg (2 months)

DATES?  Tapered gabapentin and pregabalin.  Added Quetiapine 50mg and fluoxetine for 6 months.

August 9, 2020 Drug list was Fluoxetine 60mg, lamotrigine 25mg, Quetiapine 100mg

DATE?  Stopped all drugs cold turkey.  Added Mirtazapine WHAT DOSE?

Once you've answered the questions, please use the following link and put this information in the link and press "save" when you're finished.  This will be your drug signature and it will appear at the bottom of all your posts.  This will be very helpful to the moderators in working to advise you.  You will need to use a computer (not a phone) to complete your drug signature.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Eminem, you've been given so many drugs, many of which shouldn't be taken together, some of which very likely you had an adverse (bad) reaction to.

You are suffering from withdrawal from not only the gabapentin and pregabalin but likely other drugs too.  Doctors don't believe in withdrawal and misdiagnose withdrawal as "mental illness" and throw more drugs at you, not to mention electro convulsive therapy.

The most important thing right now is to make now more drug changes.  Stay on your current dose of Mirtazapine.  Do not stop taking it and do not add other drugs.  Once you have stabilized on this current dose, we can talk about tapering off the Mirtazapine.  But that won't be for several months.

Be patient.  You can heal from these drugs.  Time is the cure.  

So that you have a better idea of what you've been and are currently experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal and the healing process.  It's a lot of information, so take your time reading it.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well.

Brain Remodelling 

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that ae single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, answer my questions, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Hey Gridley i saw the supplements you suggested to eminem18x..  .I am taking resperidone 0.5 mg for last 5 months facing withrawal and hallucinations sometimes.    I wanted to know does magnesium supplement works for hallucinations effect mitigation and also i am taking probiotics but i think it not had any effect on me i feel . .... Pleas do suggest me

Started on august 2012

Until feb 2017 no data of prescribition available

Feb 2017.  Resperidone 2mg

August 2018 1mg resperidone

June 2019. 0.75 mg resperidone

March 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

August 2020 0.75mg resperidone

December 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

Currently may 2021 0.5mg resperidone

• Administrator

@Kush please start your own Introductions topic, you can put your questions there. This topic is for eminem's questions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.