Evgeniya: 3 weeks Cipramil / citalopram

Evgeniya

Hello! I'm from Russia . I am very happy to have found this site. I do not speak English well, sorry. I have been using cipramil for 3 weeks for heartburn. I am very sorry about that. I lost my sleep. And I finished taking it. I took cipramil from August 19 to September 6, 2020. Since then I have lost sleep and appetite. Tremor appeared. The face is on fire. I go to the toilet several times at night.I cannot live normally with my family. I don't know what to do and when it will end. I took cipramil for only 3 weeks and it has a lot of effects on my body. Help me with advice please, what should I do? How long will it last? How to fix my sleep. I'm very tired. Thank you!

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted post

August 19 2020-06 September 2020 cipramil

• ChessieCat changed the title to Evgeniya: 3 weeks Cipramil from 19 Aug to 6 Sep - insomnia

Hello! I'm from Russia . I am very happy to have found this site. I do not speak English well, sorry. I have been using cipramil for 3 weeks for heartburn. I am very sorry about that. I lost my sleep. And I finished taking it. I took cipramil from August 19 to September 6, 2020. Since then I have lost sleep and appetite. Tremor appeared. The face is on fire. I go to the toilet several times at night.I cannot live normally with my family. I don't know what to do and when it will end. I took cipramil for only 3 weeks and it has a lot of effects on my body. Help me with advice please, what should I do? How long will it last? How to fix my sleep. I'm very tired. Thank you!

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SurvivingAntidepressants, Evgeniya.  Your English is fine.  I'm sorry you're feeling bad.

When did the symptoms--lost appetite and sleep, tremor, face on fire, having to go to toilet often--appear?  Was it while you were taking the drug or did the symptoms start after you stopped the drug on September 6.  If it was while you were taking the drug, did they appear immediately after you started the drug or after a few days?

Once you've answered my questions, we'll be better able to help you.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Здравствуйте, Гридли! Принимала ципрамил с 19 августа по 6 сентября 2020 года. Сначала выпила 4 дня по пол таблетки, потом целую, а с 1 сентября выпила 4 дня по половине и два дня по четверти. 26 августа проснулся в 3 часа ночи и так и не заснул. Следующей ночью (27 августа) я вообще не спал. Потом 30, 31 августа не спала. Я поняла, что мне не нужно такое лечение, мне не нужны антидепрессанты при изжоге, и решила прекратить их прием. Со 2 по 5 сентября я более-менее спала. Лучший сон, который мне приснился 5 сентября. Я спал как обычно, как и раньше, всю ночь до 9 утра. 6 сентября я выпила последнюю таблетку лекарства и с 6 сентября по настоящее время не сплю нормально. Были ночи, когда вообще не спали, это было сразу после отмены. Меня трясло, и я не мог заснуть. Последние три дня я ложусь спать в 11 вечера и просыпаюсь в 1,50 утра без будильника (всегда точно в это время) и больше не могу заснуть. Все остальные симптомы: тремор в руках и голове (в последнее время усилился и переместился в голову),поход в туалет ночью, жар в голове, потливость по ночам, потеря аппетита, туман в голове, нечеткое зрение, потеря кратковременной памяти, воздушные карманы в голове, потеря концентрации, very strong anxiety,

тахикардия, подергивание во сне появился после отмены препарата. Спасибо!

TRANSLATION:

Hello Gridley! Took tsipramil from August 19 to September 6, 2020. First I drank 4 days for half a pill, then a whole one, and from September 1 I drank 4 days for half and two days for a quarter. On August 26, I woke up at 3 am and never fell asleep. The next night (August 27) I did not sleep at all. Then on August 30, 31 I did not sleep. I realized that I do not need such treatment, I do not need antidepressants for heartburn, and decided to stop taking them. From 2 to 5 September, I more or less slept. Best dream I had on September 5th. I slept as usual, as before, all night until 9 am. On September 6, I took the last pill of the medicine and from September 6 to the present day I do not sleep normally. There were nights when we didn't sleep at all, that was right after the cancellation. I was shaking and could not sleep. For the last three days, I go to bed at 11pm and wake up at 1.50am without an alarm clock (always exactly at this time) and can no longer fall asleep. All other symptoms: tremors in the hands and head (recently intensified and moved to the head), going to the toilet at night, fever in the head, sweating at night, loss of appetite, fog in the head, blurred vision, loss of short-term memory, air pockets in head, loss of concentration, very strong anxiety,

tachycardia, twitching during sleep appeared after drug withdrawal. Thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
added Google translation

• Moderator Emeritus

@Evgeniya

Please translate to English.  If you use Google Translate, there is a limit of 3900 letters.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello, Gridley! I took tsipramil from August 19 to September 6, 2020. First, I drank 4 days of half a tablet, then a whole one, and from September 1, I drank 4 days of half and two days of a quarter. On August 26, I woke up at 3 am and did not fall asleep. The following night (August 27) I didn't sleep at all. Then 30, 31 August did not sleep. I realized that I don't need this treatment, I don't need antidepressants for heartburn, and I decided to stop taking them. From September 2 to 5, I more or less slept. The best dream I had on September 5. I slept as usual, the night before 9 am. On September 6, I took the last pill of the medicine and from September 6 to the present, I do not sleep normally. There were nights when we didn't sleep at all, it was right after the cancellation.I was shaking and couldn't sleep. For the last three days, I go to bed at 11pm and Wake up at 1.50 am without an alarm (always exactly at this time) and can't sleep anymore. All other symptoms: tremor in the hands and head (recently increased and moved to the head), going to the toilet at night, fever in the head, sweating at night, loss of appetite, fog in the head, blurred vision, loss of short-term memory, air pockets in the head. head, loss of concentration, very strong anxiety, tachardia, twitching in sleep appeared after the drug was discontinued. Thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size

• Moderator Emeritus

@Evgeniya   

It seems to me that you are experiencing an adverse reaction to the Cipramil, which means the drug is poison to your system.  You may also be experiencing withdrawal, though withdrawal doesn't usually result until a person has been on a psychiatric drug for a month or more.  The symptoms of adverse reaction and withdrawal are very similar, and the symptoms you describe are typical. It's very good that you stopped the drug.

You will heal, and your brain will return to normal, but it will take some time. I have some suggestions while you heal.  Take good care of yourself and avoid stress as much as possible.Eat a healthy diet.  Avoid caffeine, alcohol and sugar.  Some people with their nervous systems sensitized by drugs do fine with strenuous exercise, but probably gentle exercise like a walk in nature would be better.  

This restorative yoga pose in the following link has helped me a lot with anxiety.

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

We like to have members' drug histories.  Click on the following link, write "Cipramil  from August 19 to September 6, 2020."  Include what dose you were on.  Then press "save."  This is helpful to the moderators.  You will need to do this on a computer, not a phone.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Thank you Gridley! I have been taking magnesium and omega for 2 months already. I started before taking drugs. I am very worried about my sleep. Why did it immediately disappear and is not restored? How can I start sleeping like before? I was very tired of insomnia.

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text

• Moderator Emeritus
41 minutes ago, Evgeniya said:

I am very worried about my sleep. Why did it immediately disappear

Insomnia is one of the most common symptoms of adverse reaction/withdrawal.  Like all withdrawal/adverse reaction symptoms it will return to normal, but we can't predict how long it will take.  Here are some things you can do.

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal ...

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep hypnosis

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/16/tips-tricks-fall-asleep-faster.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20170216Z1&et_cid=DM133787&et_rid=1889748952

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

Melatonin for sleep   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as 0.25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Thanks Gridley! Tell me, is it true that it turns out that I suddenly quit taking drugs and now I have such problems, including with me? And do I have to stop taking the pills gradually? Even though I did drugs of everything 3 weeks.

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated text

Hi! I wanted to tell you about myself. I have a new symptom. My ears,especially my right one, were blocked. It's like water in your ears. I can't hear very well. Does this happen? Has anyone ever had this? I'm terrified(((thank you.

Edited by ChessieCat
increased font size

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Evgeniya,

It is most probably related to you stopping the drug.  When I reduced my drug too much I had pain in one of my ears and when I took a bit more of the drug the pain went away.

However, if it continues it would be a good idea to see a doctor and get your ears checked just in case there is a problem that is not caused by stopping the drug.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

ChessieCat, Thanks for the answer!  I'm sure it's the drugs. I've never had this before. I just want to know if anyone has had such hearing problems, for how long,and if they have passed?

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded font

• Moderator Emeritus

To find other members who have posted about having blocked ears use an internet search engine and copy the following and paste it into the search engine:

site:survivingantidepressants.org "blocked ears"

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

My story again : I was prescribed сipramil for heartburn.It was my mistake to take those awful heartburn pills. I'm very stupid. It was my mistake. I didn't know it was drugs.I believed the doctor that it is necessary to treat heartburn with antidepressants. I started taking drugs on August 19 : first I took 10 mg for 4 days,then I started taking 20 mg. On August 26, I had my first insomnia. I was terrified, because I always had a great dream.On August 27, I didn't sleep either. A few days later I was asleep. 30,31 August, I again didn't sleep. On September 1, I took my children to school in a terrible state from lack of sleep.After that, I decided that I didn't need these drugs and should stop taking them. From September 1-4, I took 10 mg of tsipramil, September 5-6, 5 mg and finished taking it. I haven't slept properly since September 6. There were days when I didn't sleep at all. For me, what's happening is terrible. My sleep was always great, I could drink coffee at night and fall asleep.I don't drink coffee at all now. My symptoms at the moment: dry mouth, poor eyesight, tremor of the hands (especially the left one),brain fog, dizziness, insomnia, loss of concentration, my face burns ( the temperature on my face is 37 or higher, and my armpit is 36.6), I feel hot at night,I sleep with an open balcony ( although I've been cold all my life) and constantly drink at night, go to the toilet at night ( I've never done this before), diarrhea, stuffy right ear.

I can't work normally ( every day at work is a feat for me, I work as an accountant and I need to be clear, attentive and focused).

I can't be normal with my family,with my children. I understand that all this happened to me because I quickly stopped taking tsipramil? ( cold Turkey) I had to go down very slowly. Now I don't know what to do.I haven't taken drugs for 7 weeks, and new symptoms keep coming and going, and the insomnia doesn't go away. And I always had low hemoglobin and I put IVS with iron. And now I don't know if I can put these IVS on? They probably also affect the brain. And low hemoglobin is also bad for the brain. Generally a vicious circle.Tell me what to do?Did I have to go down slowly to avoid all this? I was healthy, these drugs destroyed me in 3 weeks. I took them from August 19-September 6, 2020.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/14/2020 at 9:02 PM, Evgeniya said:

And do I have to stop taking the pills gradually? Even though I did drugs of everything 3 weeks.

5 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

Did I have to go down slowly to avoid all this? I was healthy, these drugs destroyed me in 3 weeks. I took them from August 19-September 6, 2020.

A person is at risk of withdrawal after a month of a psychiatric drug.  Since you were on the drug for less than 3 weeks, it appears to me that the major reason for your symptoms is very likely not withdrawal but rather, as I said in my Oct. 14 post to you,  that you had an adverse reaction to the Cipramil.  This means that the drug was poison to your system, and you were wise to stop taking the drug rather than increasing the time you would be on the drug by reducing gradually.  That would have put you at more risk of withdrawal in addition to the adverse reaction.  Some people's systems are too sensitive for psychiatric drugs.

5 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

I understand that all this happened to me because I quickly stopped taking tsipramil? ( cold Turkey)

No, it more likely happened because you had an adverse reaction to the drug. It's good that you stopped when you did.  It's possible there are elements of withdrawal also present, but it doesn't really matter at this point.  On whole, you did the right thing stopping the drug when you did. See the following quote from the link  Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

"EXCEPTION: IF YOU ARE HAVING A SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION TO A DRUG, YOU MAY WANT TO GO OFF FASTER. Some adverse reactions, such as abnormal liver tests or strong allergic reactions, indicate potential organ damage. You may want to accelerate a taper or, in extreme cases where the adverse effects are as great a risk as severe withdrawal syndrome, quit the drug immediately."

The symptoms of an adverse reaction are very similar if not identical to withdrawal, and the symptoms you mention are very typical of adverse reaction/withdrawal.  The following link is a list of common withdrawal/adverse reaction symptoms. Symptoms will come and go, disappear, reappear and new symptoms will appear, such as, very likely, your hearing problems

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF)

As you heal, you will go through good periods and bad periods.  Eventually the good periods (windows) will increase and the bad symptoms (waves) will decrease.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Please look at my previous posts to you.  I gave you several links to help with insomnia and anxiety and also information about magnesium and omegas.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Gridley, thanks a lot for your support!

The question is, is it normal that I have dreams almost every night? I used to have very few dreams, but now all the time.

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

is it normal that I have dreams almost every night? I

While we are recovering from the effects of these drugs, it is normal to experience unusual symptoms.  Other members have reported changes in their dreams.  It is nothing to worry about.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Hi Evgenia, it sounds like an adverse reaction.  It is similar to withdrawal but we AR types seem to get the extreme unpleasant symptoms in the early days of taking the drugs.  

I have been through it and I am completely recovered. You will be too but it may take some time, and a lot of very strange thoughts and physical sensations.

The blocked ear thing could be related to anxiety/panic caused by the adverse reaction.  It happens.  I had it for a good while.  

March 2003 took two sartroline tablets after a traumatic incident and had a reaction so stopped.  I am not sure now whether what I had for the next 18 months was WD after the reaction or the emotional fallout from the traumatic event.  Some of it was very similar to WD in hindsight.  

February 2014 - Took five pristiq (50mg) tablets and three Ativan and had a severe reaction.
Extreme withdrawal symptoms for three weeks compounded by visit to naturopath -

One week later took 900mg St John's Wort x 3 daily for six weeks - more negative effects and suspected serotonin syndrome - before tapering over three weeks. Last tablet late May 2014.

Waves and windows cycle of recovery with longer windows and manageable waves.

May 2015 - already in a mild wave, following a usual pattern, I took clarithromicin and amoxicillin for two weeks for a sinus infection which I also seem to have had quite a reaction to.

February 2016 - Feeling much better.  I still have waves and windows but they are manageable.  I'm largely enjoying life again.

6 hours ago, Farout said:

Hi Evgenia, it sounds like an adverse reaction.  It is similar to withdrawal but we AR types seem to get the extreme unpleasant symptoms in the early days of taking the drugs.  

I have been through it and I am completely recovered. You will be too but it may take some time, and a lot of very strange thoughts and physical sensations.

The blocked ear thing could be related to anxiety/panic caused by the adverse reaction.  It happens.  I had it for a good while.  

I believe I lost my sleep due to an adverse reaction to a different SSRI. But it's been two years and nothing has changed with my sleep although I have implemented every suggested strategy including CBT-I with two different trained therapists. Anxiety does not seem to be causing the sleep issues.  I see everyone say you eventually heal, from an AR. That seems true for withdrawal, but AR's seem 50/50 chance. When I speak with members outside this forum they are years and years out from an adverse reaction and have not healed. How long did it take you to recover from your AR? Perhaps it just takes that much longer? I'm so glad you are better as it gives us some hope. 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Jen1234 said:

AR's seem 50/50 chance

Brassmonkey, one of our moderators, who's been dealing with these issues for several years and with many, many people, says the following:

"All the members I have known with this immediate Adverse Reaction have made full recoveries and gone on to normal lives and careers."

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

On 10/30/2020 at 2:59 AM, Gridley said:

Brassmonkey, one of our moderators, who's been dealing with these issues for several years and with many, many people, says the following:

"All the members I have known with this immediate Adverse Reaction have made full recoveries and gone on to normal lives and careers."

Over the years I have spoken via pm with many AR sufferers on this site. I have not yet met one who has not fully recovered. Those who are still healing show progress over the time that I speak with them, even if they cannot feel or acknowledge that during a wave or temporary setback.

@Jen1234 I am sorry you are still suffering. It seems that you may have indeed suffered an AR but your situation is slightly more complicated given the multiple drugs and the length of time you took them. I also note that your last dose was significantly more recent that 2 years ago.  All this might make your recovery a bit longer than a simple AR event. I am happy to discuss this more on your own thread if you would like.

March 2003 took two sartroline tablets after a traumatic incident and had a reaction so stopped.  I am not sure now whether what I had for the next 18 months was WD after the reaction or the emotional fallout from the traumatic event.  Some of it was very similar to WD in hindsight.  

February 2014 - Took five pristiq (50mg) tablets and three Ativan and had a severe reaction.
Extreme withdrawal symptoms for three weeks compounded by visit to naturopath -

One week later took 900mg St John's Wort x 3 daily for six weeks - more negative effects and suspected serotonin syndrome - before tapering over three weeks. Last tablet late May 2014.

Waves and windows cycle of recovery with longer windows and manageable waves.

May 2015 - already in a mild wave, following a usual pattern, I took clarithromicin and amoxicillin for two weeks for a sinus infection which I also seem to have had quite a reaction to.

February 2016 - Feeling much better.  I still have waves and windows but they are manageable.  I'm largely enjoying life again.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Evgeniya: 3 weeks Cipramil / citalopram - insomnia
34 minutes ago, Farout said:

Over the years I have spoken via pm with many AR sufferers on this site. I have not yet met one who has not fully recovered. Those who are still healing show progress over the time that I speak with them, even if they cannot feel or acknowledge that during a wave or temporary setback.

@Jen1234 I am sorry you are still suffering. It seems that you may have indeed suffered an AR but your situation is slightly more complicated given the multiple drugs and the length of time you took them. I also note that your last dose was significantly more recent that 2 years ago.  All this might make your recovery a bit longer than a simple AR event. I am happy to discuss this more on your own thread if you would like.

Thanks guys! I hope this is the case and it helps to hear this. Would love to follow up on my thread as I don’t want to take away from Evg’s 

Evg, I hope you get better soon and am here for support whenever needed. I find the threads sometimes difficult to navigate and tend to reach out more through direct messaging. Hope you have a good night tonight 

Hello! I whine to you. Since I quit drugs. There are terrible puffy bags under the eyes. It's not just bruises from insomnia, but swelling! Swelling under the eyes. As if I drink a lot of water at night, but I do not drink water at night. And they do not pass, I look very bad, as if I am a grandmother already. This makes me very upset. Now my face is always swollen. Has anyone had this? Swelling under the eyes is all due to AD. Will they pass? Of the new symptoms, two months have passed since I have not taken drugs: now my ears are permanently blocked and tinnitus has appeared only now, two months later.

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed up formatting

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello,ChessieCat! Thanks for the answer! I read the links, perhaps I actually have such swollen bruises under my eyes from lack of sleep, from lack of sleep.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed photo at member's request

Hi,

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. I too have puffy eyes, actually much puffier than yours, but I believe it’s also from lack sleep so trying not to overthink it. The body doesn’t get the same chance to detox and drain the lymph system the way it used to is my guess. You still look beautiful and eventually when your sleep gets better it will show in your appearance as well!

I have always had low hemoglobin levels due to my heavy periods. And I always put in droppers with iron. Now I also have low hemoglobin and I need to put on IVs with iron, but I'm afraid. I don't know how my damaged brain will react to these IVs. I do not know what to do. Also, low hemoglobin is very bad for the brain and for the whole body. Can you please tell me what to do in this situation?

• Moderator Emeritus

SA provides assistance for tapering psychiatric drugs, we are not medical professionals.  We do not provide general medical advice on this site.

I suggest that you discuss this with your doctor.  If you do a search online you might be able to find a Facebook group, or online support group or forum for low hemoglobin sufferers.

There is an SA topic where you could post and other members might respond who have experience with this.  However, the moderators are not able to assist you with this.

ferritin-too-low-iron-supplements-anemia

• ChessieCat changed the title to Evgeniya: 3 weeks Cipramil / citalopram
  • 1 month later...

Hi Evgenia-- I'm going to answer your PM here so you have all the information in one place. I'll start by referring you to this post: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/23081-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/?tab=comments#comment-492494

which should answer a lot of your questions. Unfortunately taking a drug for just a short period of time can be almost as hard to get off of as taking it for years. The symptoms that you mention are pretty common for this situation and should decrease in the months to come. It may seem distressing because you are going through it, but 4-5 hours of light sleep a night is doing really good, many or our members report waves of severe insomnia through out their taper and healing. Over time things should improve and you will start sleeping better.

There is a huge hormonal component to ADWD.  Many of our lady members comment about increases in symptoms during their cycles. But, again, over time they tend to stabilize and return to a persons normal patterns.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Merry Christmas to all!I will soon have 4 months after a side reaction. It seemed to me that some symptoms improved, and then worsened again,and still there are more and more new symptoms.Everything gets very bad during menstruation. I find myself in a worse place again.Is it normal that there are still new symptoms, after almost 4 months? Sleep gets better and worse. Now for 10 days I have a very bad dream again.It is impossible and terrible to live like this. I try to be patient and accepting, but it doesn't always work out.4 months have passed, and almost nothing has changed. When does it usually get better on average? And I also have a new symptom-a throbbing in my ears. Is my heart pounding in my ears? What is it? What can this be about? Has anyone ever had this? I can't sleep properly now because of this, when I lie on my side on the pillow, my pulse is pounding in my ears.How do I get rid of this throbbing in my ears?

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Evgeniya said:

.Is it normal that there are still new symptoms, after almost 4 months?

Very normal.  Symptoms will come and go and come again.  This link on wave and windows is basic to the healing process.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

2 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

When does it usually get better on average?

Unfortunately, there is no way to predict how long the healing process will take.  It is totally individual. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• 2 months later...