wantrelief

wantrelief

Gridley

Stress is really the big factor in my symptoms.  I hope you can avoid it as much as possible. 

wantrelief
1 minute ago, Gridley said:

Stress is really the big factor in my symptoms.  I hope you can avoid it as much as possible. 

I hear you, Gridley.  I am tapering whilst experiencing tolerance so the situation in itself is stressful but otherwise I have tried to make my life as stress free as possible to get through this. I really don't want stress to once again derail me so hoping by getting through this taper (a stressful event) and working on coping skills, I'll be successful.  I know you are going through a lot of stress at the moment, Gridley, and I hope you are doing ok.

neroli

Just popping over like I said I would WR.

I've probably repeated myself in my response to your message on my thread - but hey, what is withdrawal-brain for if not to forget quite what you've said!

So, you've made another cut and are going to hold, so far symptoms don't seem to have ramped up enormously, fingers crossed that this carries on like this for you and that the hold helps to even things out.  Wouldn't it be lovely to have a better baseline?

I must remember to be grateful for the things I can still do.

All the very best

Neroli 💜

wantrelief

I wanted to update for my records that I have had some physical symptoms over the past week: one bad bout of vertigo (did not last for long), some mild lightheadedness, facial ticks that turned into more of a spasm (now appears to be gone), headaches, and last night I had pins and needles in one specific part of my arm that only lasted for a few hours.  We shall see what the rest of the week brings but I am hoping things are calming down now that it has been a week and a half since my last decrease.

I had hoped to just hold without any changes this month but of course the best laid plans.....this week I was given a new generic version of the liquid citalopram.  I know some people here have had problems changing between generics so I thought be cautious and do a switch over with what I have left of the old version.  I have started using 1/2 of the old and 1/2 of the new solution a few days ago and will keep increasing the new while dialing down the old as long as I can with what I have left.  Hopefully this won't rock the boat too much.  

I hope everyone is as well as can be.  💗

Kristine

Hey dear @wantrelief just popping by to give you a (((hug))) and sorry to hear you have been suffering some uncomfortable symtoms...I’m hoping things are improving now. Wise move to do a 1/2 and 1/2 crossover with the new generic version of citalopram. Why does it have to be so complicated!?!?! This process is difficult enough as it is! Thinking of you my friend. Much Love K 💖 xox

Rabe

Hi WR...way to get ahead of things!  I think your going slow with the new generic is so wise.  In past when on the Clonazepam I was always getting different generics and would find I didnt feel well.  Finally I kept asking for the same generic for as long as I could and it did make a difference.  I slow found that certain dyes and all seemed to make a difference as well.  Hope things settle for you! 💜

wantrelief
Just now, Kristine said:

Hey dear @wantrelief just popping by to give you a (((hug))) and sorry to hear you have been suffering some uncomfortable symtoms...I’m hoping things are improving now. Wise move to do a 1/2 and 1/2 crossover with the new generic version of citalopram. Why does it have to be so complicated!?!?! This process is difficult enough as it is! Thinking of you my friend. Much Love K 💖 xox

Aw, thanks so much Kristine.  Truthfully I am in need of a hug.  You are so right.....why does everything have to be so complicated?!?!  This whole process is indeed frustrating enough and then to have to worry about a change in formulation.....UGH.  I am trying not to stress out about it but of course it is concerning. Things were better today in terms of physical symptoms.  The pins and needles - really more like stabs of electricity - happened again but I think I figured out that this one particular area of my arm has suddenly developed a sensitivity to this sweater I was wearing, probably some sort of wool in it.  At least that is what my detective skills have deduced so far. Withdrawal is SO weird!. Thank you for your empathy, my dear friend, as I know you are going through so much.  I am thinking about you too.  Much love and hugs back - WR. 💖

wantrelief
10 minutes ago, Rabe said:

Hi WR...way to get ahead of things!  I think your going slow with the new generic is so wise.  In past when on the Clonazepam I was always getting different generics and would find I didnt feel well.  Finally I kept asking for the same generic for as long as I could and it did make a difference.  I slow found that certain dyes and all seemed to make a difference as well.  Hope things settle for you! 💜

Thanks, Rabe.  I am hoping it will be ok.  I just got lucky that I happened to have some of the old liquid left so can try to switch semi-slowly.  I hope you have had some better days, my friend.

ChessieCat
1 hour ago, wantrelief said:

I happened to have some of the old liquid left

Check the use by date.  Some members have mentioned their concerns about the dose strength reducing if the liquid is past its use by date.  I can't find any links at the moment.

wantrelief

Thanks very much for thinking of that @ChessieCat - all is good on the expiration front, thankfully!

ChessieCat

You're welcome.  It's very easy to overlook little things like that, but it's something that could possibly cause big issues.

Rosetta

Thinking of you, Wantrelief.  Sorry I have nothing much to say.  Just trying to get through today.  There's no school.  So, I can't isolate.  I hope your day goes well.

wantrelief

Thank you for your sweet message, @Rosetta - I really appreciate your thinking of me.  I have been thinking about you too.  I often feel like you do - I don't have much to say and am just trying to get through the day so understand what you mean.  I hope your day goes ok, my friend.  Lots of hugs - WR.

Kristine

Hey there my dear friend, just popping by to give you another hug! How are you travelling? just know I’m thinking of you. much Love K 💖 xox

wantrelief
5 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hey there my dear friend, just popping by to give you another hug! How are you travelling? just know I’m thinking of you. much Love K 💖 xox

Hello there my lovely friend, Kristine.  Thanks for popping by and for the hug......so very much appreciated - your "visits" always make me happy.  I am hanging in there.  PMS is knocking me around a bit this week as well as some stress.  I am going to start switching more to the new generic and taking less of the old one so fingers crossed that goes well (so far so good on that front).  I am so very pleased to hear about the positive changes you've been experiencing recently.....that too makes me happy.  Lots of hugs back and love, WR. 💗

Rabe
On 11/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, Gridley said:

@Gridley Thank you for sharing that Gridley!  Sometimes I think I am such a wimp!  But it is stress...ANY form of stress...physical, mental, emotional, nutritional...it all upends me!  Take care!💜

Rabe

I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and heart daily, knowing you are trying to get off these meds with all the road blocks that pop up that can be so frustrating and overwhelming to a system already overwhelmed.  

I have found out that I am not able to get the Clonazepam tablet that I have used throughout this tapering.  I think the drug companies need some education on that front!!!  I dont want to use compounded capsules for so long, but they do use the Blue Sandoz powder to make them so may have to be the way to go.  

Take care!  Hope the switch over continues to go well for you!!💜

wantrelief

Thank you for your sweet message, @Rabe.  It is so true what you said about the road blocks that can unexpectedly pop up on this journey, very frustrating (and scary!), indeed.  It sounds like you are going to have to do a switch as well?  If that is the case I will keep my fingers crossed it goes smoothly.   I read on someone else's thread that you were able to see your daughter and granddaughter one (or was it two?) times this past week....I am so happy you were able to do that, my friend! 

Rabe

Thank you for those thoughts!  How is the switching to more of the new generic going?  Think about you everyday...so challenging!!  Hugs and blessings dear WR...take care!!💜

wantrelief

Hey @Rabe - I think about you too!  I think the switch is going well. For the last couple of nights I've been using just 1/4 of the old solution and the rest is the new one so we shall see.  Now if I could only get rid of PMS!  I hope you are doing ok, my friend.

Rabe

Oh I meant to say that I hope the PMS is improving...my mind thinks but then I lose the thought...obviously.  Sorry about that!! 🙄