wantrelief

wantrelief

Rabe

Thank you again for stopping by my friend!  So grateful for you!  

By 'record' is definitely broken...this brain has numerous cracks in it for sure...you are not alone with that!  But...we are slowly healing.  Wish it could be more linear, predictable, and less harsh for all of us.  I keep you in my heart WR and hope today is treating you kindly.  Take care of yourself!!💜  

wantrelief
4 hours ago, Hibari said:

Wanted to say hello and wish you the best with your continued tapering

Thank you so much for your kind message, Hibari; I really appreciate your support.  I will pop by your thread in a bit.  💗

wantrelief

UGH....I just got back from the pharmacy and now my clonazepam generic has changed.  I only have one week left of my current prescription so will do a pretty quick switch over this week.  I was hoping to make a drop of citalopram next Saturday but will hold off on that for one week to make sure I am ok on the new generic.  I did have to switch clonazepam generics a couple of years ago (whilst having withdrawal from citalopram), didn't do any switch over and was fine but I figured I would be careful just in case. I hope the fact I did ok in the past bodes well for this change.  Oy.

ChessieCat

Yes, a cross over is the better way to do it.  It's good that you still have the old form.  And yes, holding off on the reduction is a good idea.

wantrelief

Thanks very much @ChessieCat....it helps to get your positive feedback on my plan.  Hopefully all will go well!

Rabe

Hi WR...glad you are taking that into consideration.  Hope this goes excellently for you!!  Think it will if you have not had problems in the past.  Sometimes they will have the generic you are looking for at a different pharmacy as well...or they can get it in. 

Just ruffles my feathers when they do that without letting a person know! 😡  💜

wantrelief
2 hours ago, Rabe said:

Hi WR...glad you are taking that into consideration.  Hope this goes excellently for you!!  Think it will if you have not had problems in the past.  Sometimes they will have the generic you are looking for at a different pharmacy as well...or they can get it in. 

Just ruffles my feathers when they do that without letting a person know! 😡  💜

Thanks for your support, Rabe.  I really wish the pharmacy could warn people ahead of time too.  The last time the clonazepam was switched, I called around 10 pharmacies and none of them had the same generic I was taking.  Hopefully it will be ok again but if not, I'll try to track down the other generic.

ChessieCat
6 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

I really wish the pharmacy could warn people ahead of time too.  The last time the clonazepam was switched, I called around 10 pharmacies and none of them had the same generic I was taking.

Do you go usually go to the same pharmacy for your drug?  If so, you could ask them to ensure that the same brand is available for you for the next refill of your script.  All they would need to do would be to put a note on one of the boxes on their shelf with your name on so that they don't sell it unless they have more of the same come in.

If they are concerned that you aren't going to return for it, you could get them to hold your script, or they could always give you a phone call to check to see if you still need it.  But obviously the less work you make for them the more likely they will be to assist you.

ChessieCat
Just now, ChessieCat said:

All they would need to do would be to put a note on one of the boxes on their shelf with your name on so that they don't sell it unless they have more of the same come in.

And if it happened that they were not going to get the same brand in at least you would have the old brand and be able to do a cross over to a different brand.

wantrelief
2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Do you go usually go to the same pharmacy for your drug?  If so, you could ask them to ensure that the same brand is available for you for the next refill of your script.

I do go to the same pharmacy for all of my drugs.  That is a good idea, CC....thanks!

ChessieCat

I've just added the information to the Generic vs Brand topic.

Rabe

Actually they did that for me at CVS...but then the company Dcd the generic entirely.  They have also done it at the compounding pharmacy...my name is on the bottle.  Not sure what I will do when it is gone, but will deal with that when it comes I guess.  

Wanted you to know I am thinking about you WR.  Hugs to you my friend!💜

neroli

Hello Wantrelief

I hope if you have to change generic it will go as smoothly as it did for you before.  Same thing happened for me a few months ago, the Escitalopram generic got changed - it was fine, no drastic effects.

Keep on keeping on, friend

love

Neroli 💜

powerback
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:01 AM, wantrelief said:

Thanks for your support, Rabe.  I really wish the pharmacy could warn people ahead of time too.  The last time the clonazepam was switched, I called around 10 pharmacies and none of them had the same generic I was taking.  Hopefully it will be ok again but if not, I'll try to track down the other generic.

Get your DR to write non transferable on the prescription ,get the prescription earlier than you need to ,so as to build up a surplus  .

I did all this and I still had to deal with changes in meds that was just passed onto the makers have "run out" ,they haven't a clue .its a pain .

Take care WR

Carmie

I’m sorry you’re having to go on a new generic wantrelief, 

I’m going to start cross tapering to my original tablet tonight from the compounding capsule. Im going back to my original generic tablet but it now says new formulation. 🙄  I don’t know if the compounding capsule I’ve been using was also made of the new formulation or the old. It was the same brand, I use alphapharm. 

I haven’t had problems changing generic tablets in the past, but with cross tapering as well, who knows? 

I hope everything goes goes well for you. 

Sending hugs🤗

FarmGirlWorks

Hey there @wantrelief: good luck with the cross-over... keep us apprised!

wantrelief

Thank you so much @Rabe, @neroli, @powerback. @Carmie, and @FarmGirlWorks for your supportive messages.  Tapering has been a scary enough process and then with generic switches thrown in just causes more angst.....knowing I am not alone on this journey means so much to me.  I will definitely breathe easier when the switch is over, hopefully all will be well and I can more forward with tapering. With gratitude, WR. 🙏

Carmie
4 hours ago, wantrelief said:

Thank you so much @Rabe, @neroli, @powerback. @Carmie, and @FarmGirlWorks for your supportive messages.  Tapering has been a scary enough process and then with generic switches thrown in just causes more angst.....knowing I am not alone on this journey means so much to me.  I will definitely breathe easier when the switch is over, hopefully all will be well and I can more forward with tapering. With gratitude, WR. 🙏

Hi wantrelief, 

Yes, it certainly can be scary. Again, I wish you all the best with the switch to a different generic. My first night of the crosstaper went well. My new packet of generic tablets said new formulation, as I mentioned, but I’ve had no adverse effect so far. I don’t know if the compounded capsules were already made with the new formulation or not. 

It is good knowing we are not alone in this journey. Keep us updated with the switch. Take care💚

Rabe

How is the new generic going WR?  Wanted you to know I have been thinking about you so!!!  Take care my friend!!💜

neroli

Hello Wantrelief

Hoping the switch is going well for you.  Thinking of you.  

Thank you for popping by yesterday to ra-ra the good day I had - so kind of you.  Today not too bad - more of the hollow-hungry feeling and the wees!  Worked at home, am now incorporating meditation breaks into my days working at home - it's just too darned intensive working on your own and I get so tensed up.  This year is going to be a bit more about self-care, even if it's just small steps.  Now that I know I can handle two weeks "on my own" I feel much more confident about taking leave days during the year to break it up.  Last year I think I just kept on going because I was too scared to stop in case I couldn't get going again.  We''ll see how it pans out.

love and best wishes, friend-in-arms

Neroli 💜

Carmie

Hi wantrelief, 

I’m wondering too how your switch to the new generic is going. Sending hugs🤗

Rabe

Hi WR...just popping by to tell you I am thinking about you!💜

neroli

Hello Wantrelief

Hope it's going ok for you - the switch going as smoothly as possible.   It will be soooo good when it's done and you can look towards tapering.

Thinking of you, always passes my mind how you're doing.

Hang in there, f-i-a

Neroli 💜

wantrelief

Thank you @neroli, @Rabe and @Carmie for checking in to see how things are going.....it is very much appreciated!!  So far so good on the switch front.  Tomorrow I'll be fully on the new generic so will know more next week I suppose but for now I haven't noticed anything unusual, thank goodness!  I am dealing with the usual monthly hormonal annoyances which always makes my symptoms worse so not having the easiest of times but it could be worse.  I hope you all are doing as well as can be. Thank you again so much for your support - it really helps!  💖

Rabe

SO nice to hear WR!!!  Hope this trend continues for you!  Think about you daily my friend.  Take care!💜

neroli

Sounds good WR

💜

Rabe

Hope things continue to go well WR...heading to bed and wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you. 💜

Carmie

Hi wantrelief, 

Glad to hear things on the switch front have been going well. Hope you’re doing okay this week on your new generic.💚

neroli

Hello Friend-in-arms

Hoping you're doing ok on the new generic - I think you started it on Sunday, from your previous post, so maybe you are still finding out.  Do hope it's smooth going.

I would like to thank you for your presence over the xmas/new year break, having you and the others there to talk to made it easier to get by and even to enjoy the time off work.

Now I'm back at work, I don't have the time in the day to get onto SA as much, but I'm always thinking of you.

Now I've got to work out what to watch on Netflix, I finished Shetland a couple of days ago and I'm looking for something to engage me again!

All best wishes to you - keep on keeping on.

Neroli 💜