Surviving Antidepressants page on Facebook

Altostrata

• Administrator

If you have a chance, go to the Surviving Antidepressants page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surviving-Antidepressants/193023900742544?sk=wall

"Like" it and add your comments.

Thanks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

If you have a chance, go to the Surviving Antidepressants page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surviving-Antidepressants/193023900742544?sk=wall

"Like" it and add your comments.

Thanks.

Just did.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Same here. Great stuff, Sur!

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

I looked at it and liked it - but I'm not on facebook (or pretty much anything else) so can't "like" it!

Sorry! But I expect you'll get a lot of response in a while.

:ph34r:

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

i too am not on facebook, maybe a day,

i cannot register everywhere

will think

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

• 1 month later...

Already done iot and yes i like it too. ;)

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

sorry not on facebook.

Started Seroxat(Paxil) for panic attacks in 1997 stopped the drug in 2005 tapered over 3 months ( doctors advice)

Suffered severe and protracted withdrawl ever since.

No other medication taken.

• Administrator

That's okay, guys. SA's Facebook page is slowly acquiring its own followers. Yay!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

I am developing my Facebook profile but chose not to refer to SA or other antidepressant sites. Reason is that I really plan to pick up a new career after being healed from this terrible event and I know that employers also gather data from applicants. I have already posted too much sensitive data on the internet that could possibly tracked down to me, therefore I am very careful now.

Most people still associate antidepressants with depressed people which is still a big taboo and surely not what will contribute to the enthousiam of a potential employer... Nevertheless I will need to explain one day the enormous gap in my CV, my current plan is to state that I had a terrible reaction to some badly tested medicine and it took a long time for getting the right diagnose and recover from it. When being asked for details, I will say that it is something of the past and it does not hinder my functioning anymore.

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

• Administrator

That's a good idea, Claudius. I operate under a pseudonym for the same reasons.

• 1 year later...

I am developing my Facebook profile but chose not to refer to SA or other antidepressant sites. Reason is that I really plan to pick up a new career after being healed from this terrible event and I know that employers also gather data from applicants. I have already posted too much sensitive data on the internet that could possibly tracked down to me, therefore I am very careful now.Most people still associate antidepressants with depressed people which is still a big taboo and surely not what will contribute to the enthousiam of a potential employer... Nevertheless I will need to explain one day the enormous gap in my CV, my current plan is to state that I had a terrible reaction to some badly tested medicine and it took a long time for getting the right diagnose and recover from it. When being asked for details, I will say that it is something of the past and it does not hinder my functioning anymore.

Yeah, I'm very careful these days about what I post or "like" on Facebook.  Recently I had a potential employer request to see my Facebook page, and would not even consider me, when I refused.  I'm thinking maybe it's wise to have TWO facebook accounts, one that's proper, and one that is totally annonymous

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
2009-3/2013: Switched to Pristiq 50 mg then 100 mg
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
8/2013-8/2014: Tapering Lexapro (Lots of withdrawal symptoms)
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

I am developing my Facebook profile but chose not to refer to SA or other antidepressant sites. Reason is that I really plan to pick up a new career after being healed from this terrible event and I know that employers also gather data from applicants. I have already posted too much sensitive data on the internet that could possibly tracked down to me, therefore I am very careful now.Most people still associate antidepressants with depressed people which is still a big taboo and surely not what will contribute to the enthousiam of a potential employer... Nevertheless I will need to explain one day the enormous gap in my CV, my current plan is to state that I had a terrible reaction to some badly tested medicine and it took a long time for getting the right diagnose and recover from it. When being asked for details, I will say that it is something of the past and it does not hinder my functioning anymore.

Yeah, I'm very careful these days about what I post or "like" on Facebook.  Recently I had a potential employer request to see my Facebook page, and would not even consider me, when I refused.  I'm thinking maybe it's wise to have TWO facebook accounts, one that's proper, and one that is totally annonymous

Wow, that blows me away.

Would it be better if that situation came up if I lied and said I didn't have one or to say that I use an anonymous one due to concerns about safety?  Mine is under a fake name as an FYI.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Wow, that blows me away. Would it be better if that situation came up if I lied and said I didn't have one or to say that I use an anonymous one due to concerns about safety?  Mine is under a fake name as an FYI.

CS

It really depends. The position I was applying to was in the web marketing industry. So, there is the importance of being able to navigate social media.  But, they would not tell me WHY they wanted to see my Facebook page.  I sent them a photo of myself, as to me that was the only reason why they insisted on seeing my page.  After I sent them my photo, their excitement over my resume quickly faded.  Talk about discrimination!  Then they changed their Craigslist job ad to say that the applicant must send them a link to their Facebook page OR a photo of themselves.  Very unethical behavior.  At least for the US.  I know in Europe, photos on resumes are standard.

i can't really advise you what to do. I really think an employer needs to clearly explain WHY they need to see your facebook page.  If you're an accountant, saying that you don't have one, really doesn't matter.  If you're a webmaster, yeah, it kind of does.

What I've done with my page is just to make sure that whatever I post, is not incriminating in any way. Also, you can make almost all your postings private and the employer, even if given your page, will not really learn anything about you that you don't want them to know.  

I also have a second facebook account that is not linked to my personal account.  "we are not friends." So I can always log out, and then see from the other account's "eyes" what someone who is NOT on my friends list might see.

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

The position I was applying to was in the web marketing industry. So, there is the importance of being able to navigate social media.

I spent a whole day recently getting clued into a particular way companies try to market themselves. It was about 'gaming' the posters on R*ddit and some other site. (I am memory challenged ATM). It slowly dawned on the guy what he was doing (participating in the game) and funny thing is, he was SO good at it. But he stopped and then exposed the whole thing. They crucified/applauded him for it. Weird story.

I don't DO fb so I cannot see those pages that SA has. But companies have the bright idea that social media is a huge way to increase their bottom line for very little money.

Does Eli Lily have a faceb00k page I wonder? How many likes do they have?

I think the ethics of 'the web' are a subject I won't ever be able to wrap my head around.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

What's an ATM?

Does Eli Lily have a faceb00k page I wonder? How many likes do they have?

I think the ethics of 'the web' are a subject I won't ever be able to wrap my head around.

Eli Lily has a facebook page with almost 12,000 likes

ATM

if it's in that context, it's "at the moment". Internet jargon sucks.

8 years ago I was given Cymb@lta. It was the only thing that worked when my 'depression' morphed into a nearly catatonic state.

I don't take it anymore.

Could someone add a 'like' and a 'dislike' for me on the company's page?

Thanks, Lulu! You're my hero!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.