SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

End of this August I start having severe Chest Tightness which triggered panic attacks thinking I was not breathing. My primary physician put me on 25mg Zoloft. Sure the chest tightness was relieved in two weeks but the real nightmare started .... depersonalizations, deattachment from reality, suicidal thoughts, extreme panic attacks , fear living my house, desperation, nausea in my soul!, eye issues like on of my eyes was focusing at a different level than the other, non stop fear for no reason, going literally crazy.... and the symptoms continue during tapering making my doctor including my husband who is a physician to say it is my illness progressing and not the medicine. At the moment I am bedridden can’t function, I am loosing my mind and only had a few hrs of a window feeling normal during the tapering. The doctors want to put me in antipsychotics , at the moment I am not sure if they are right that I am loosing it or if it is withdrawal... How could 3.5 weeks of sentraline destroy me? I am desperate I can’t take these feelings anymore .  Any help advice?

Edited by Gridley

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, JesusSavemefromWD.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly. Please include the date you started and stopped the Zoloft and the dates of your taper.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

You have had an adverse reaction to the Zoloft, which means the drug was poison to your system.  Some people's nervous systems are too sensitive to tolerate psychiatric drugs, and we have a number of members in this situation.  You are not destroyed, you are not losing it.  You will heal.The fact that you had a few hour of window is a very encouraging sign of healing.   This link gives you more information on adverse reactions.

But I only took it for a Week

The symptoms of an adverse reaction are similar to those of withdrawal, and the symptoms you describe are typical of adverse reaction/withdrawal.  You never had these symptoms before you took the drug; they are caused by the drug.  

This explains the healing process really well.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that ae single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

How do I add my signature with dose and time I took Zoloft? What do I do now? Reinstating or keep taking 4mg (the lowest I ve tapered feeling horrible like literally  I am like dead but can still feel the suffering even though dead)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

How do I add my signature with dose and time I took Zoloft?

Add your signature by clicking on this link (with a computer, not phone).

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

18 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

What do I do now? Reinstating or keep taking 4mg

Stop taking it now.  The drug is poison to your system.  The symptoms you're feeling are from the adverse reaction to the drug, not withdrawal.  If you've only been taking the drug 3 1/2 weeks, it hasn't gotten its hooks into you yet (that happens after a month or more of taking a psychiatric drug).

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

2 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

End of this August I start having severe Chest Tightness which triggered panic attacks thinking I was not breathing. My primary physician put me on 25mg Zoloft. Sure the chest tightness was relieved in two weeks but the real nightmare started .... depersonalizations, deattachment from reality, suicidal thoughts, extreme panic attacks , fear living my house, desperation, nausea in my soul!, eye issues like on of my eyes was focusing at a different level than the other, non stop fear for no reason, going literally crazy.... and the symptoms continue during tapering making my doctor including my husband who is a physician to say it is my illness progressing and not the medicine. At the moment I am bedridden can’t function, I am loosing my mind and only had a few hrs of a window feeling normal during the tapering. The doctors want to put me in antipsychotics , at the moment I am not sure if they are right that I am loosing it or if it is withdrawal... How could 3.5 weeks of sentraline destroy me? I am desperate I can’t take these feelings anymore .  Any help advice?

3 and half weeks: 25 mg sentraline 

start tapering using liquid setraline

4 days: 20 mg 

2 days: 15 mg

5 days: 12.5 mg

2 days: 10 mg

2 days: 8 mg

7 days: 6.25 mg

7 days: 5 mg

2 days: 4.5 mg

4 days (present): 4 mg

Symptoms while on zoloft

Hi Gridley,

I don’t have access to a computer right now, so I added my signature to the quote , can u please look at it? I took 25mg for 3 weeks and 4 days, but then because I was scared to go cold turkey I started slowly decreasing the med. so the tapering added another 4 and a half weeks during which I dropped to 4 mg where I currently am and going insane. What should I do? Please advice, everyone tells me I am crazy but never had these symptoms before sentraline. I love my two boys 5 and 8 but right now I don’t want to see or hear them as I feel I am dying. I am taking fish oil, magnesium and valeriana root , the root occasionally 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

so I added my signature to the quote , can u please look at it

That's fine, don't worry about the signature now.

21 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I took 25mg for 3 weeks and 4 days, but then because I was scared to go cold turkey I started slowly decreasing the med. so the tapering added another 4 and a half weeks during which I dropped to 4 mg where I currently am and going insane.

I understand.  At 7 weeks you are at risk of withdrawal symptoms.  The following is from the link I gave you about adverse reactions:

"it’s sometimes possible to do a quick taper over a few months.  This is an iffy proposition, as their nervous system may have become adapted to the drug during that short period.  Sometimes a fast taper works in their situation and sometimes it doesn’t.  Unfortunately, if you get withdrawal symptoms, you’ll know it was too fast.

Psych drugs work by making physical changes to the body, affecting every system and every cell.  They start to make these changes from the first dose and by the end of the first month they may have been quite successful. Studies show that people on the drug for only a month are at risk of withdrawal symptoms. The upshot being that even after only one or two months a proper, slow 10% taper is required. Yes, that means that you will be tapering the drug for longer than you took them originally.  But those changes, that were quick to happen, require a lot of time to sort out and undo without causing undue symptoms."

---

So forget what I said about simply stopping the drug. You're going to have to taper.   We recommend tapering no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks. You've been tapering much faster than that.  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

As the link says, a fast taper is an iffy proposition.  Are your symptoms getting worse?  If so, you're getting withdrawal symptoms and need to slow down to the 10% taper.

How do you feel after you take the dose?  Please post a daily symptom chart so we can see how the drug is affecting you.  Here's the format: 

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

I would hold right now at 4mg until we can get some clarity on what's going on.

If you need to do the 10% taper, this link is about tapering Sertraline, including how to get the non-standard doses needed for a 10% taper.  If you can get liquid sertraline, that would be the best way to taper down.  It's also possible to make your own liquid.

Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

So hold for now at 4mg, do the daily symptom chart every day until we can see a pattern.  Keep notes on paper throughout the day then post every 24 hours.

You're not going crazy.  This is "normal" for an adverse reaction plus withdrawal.

I'm going to bring your situation to the attention of the other staff.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

I did the fast tapper (still slower than my doctor said) thinking it would ok since I was on it only for 3.5 weeks at a low dose. Symptoms change every day/week and differ from the symptoms  I had while on Sentraline. I have liquid Zoloft so I can tapper as precisely as needed and I can do the calculations. ( I am a molecular and cell neurobiologist, researcher not a physician). 
I sleep fine at nights for about 9 hrs but the moment I wake up my symptoms slowly start. I take sentraline at 11am every day. By 12:30 to 2:30 symptoms get worst, and even worst around 5:00Pm to 8:00 pm. Most days there is a slight relief after 8 till going to bed around 10:30. I am not getting that relief today. About six days ago on 5mg I felt that relief around 8 and by 9:00 I was feeling completely normal . I thought the nightmare was done ... till next day that started all Over again and harder..... I ll stick with 4 mg for now but was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to go up to 5mg? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

maybe it would be a good idea to go up to 5mg? 

That might give you some relief.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus

JesusSaveme, I've added the information in this post to your signature for you. 

I agree 100% with Gridley's wise assessment - you're dealing with an adverse reaction. You are not going crazy. 

On 10/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I sleep fine at nights for about 9 hrs but the moment I wake up my symptoms slowly start. I take sentraline at 11am every day. By 12:30 to 2:30 symptoms get worst, and even worst around 5:00Pm to 8:00 pm. Most days there is a slight relief after 8 till going to bed around 10:30. I am not getting that relief today. About six days ago on 5mg I felt that relief around 8 and by 9:00 I was feeling completely normal . I thought the nightmare was done ... till next day that started all Over again and harder..... 

The fact that you sleeping well is great. It sounds like you're waking up with a lot of cortisol. Please see:

Early-morning waking - managing the morning cortisol spike

And then you take sertraline, leading you to feel even worse due to the adverse reaction.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I ll stick with 4 mg for now but was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to go up to 5mg? 

Please don't make any changes yet.

Questions:

• Have you noticed any of your symptoms are better at 4 mg than they were when you were on 20 mg? 
  • How many hours were you sleeping at night when you were on 20 mg? 
  • How often are you using valerian root? 

Hi Shep,

The symptoms are different being at 4mg compared to higher doses. At higher doses: anxiety, panic attacks, getting out of my body sensations during which I can see and hear but can’t really see and hear if it makes any sense. Freaking out every time my lips form the word “ I can’t” . For example , I am going to have some milk now, “ wow I just run out of milk so I can’t have milk” going crazy!!! Also hours of detachment from reality especially when being in the car as a passenger. No physical symptoms except mild diarrhoea , feeling burning arms legs and head like I have high fever without having fever and my inside being too hot that I could not breath. 
After dropping at 4 mg (today it’s 6th day) a new symptom of feeling crazy like I am really loosing it, going insane and need to go to a psychiatric yard appears for hours (gets worst between 2:30 pm and 8:30 pm and most days but not all reduced after 8:30).

also strong depersonalization like I am not me but myself is just buried inside of me and I feel trapped.

and the worst of all feeling I am dead, like everything shuts off but I can still feel the pain and suffering. Two days ago it was so bad that I left goodbye notes for my kids and husband.

Days 2,3,4, at 4mg we’re the worst, 5th and 6th a bit better but way away from normal, especially the depersonalization feeling. 
My sleep was not good last night for first day after reducing the dose at 4mg.

Given that I feel worst a few hours after taking 4mg sentraline I was wondering if I should just Try to stop it. I wonder if I keep poisoning myself and this is why I don’t get better and not so much due to withdrawal. Any thoughts on that?

Symptoms while on zoloft

I have stopped the valeriana root. It helps with anxiety and panic boots but not with the other symptoms . I took it for about 20 non consecutive days during the last three months.

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Administrator

Hello, Jesus.

It sounds like you are a person who is very sensitive to serotonergic drugs, you had a serious adverse reaction shortly after starting sertraline. After they stop the drug, they have symptoms identical to withdrawal syndrome, but it's not withdrawal syndrome. They need to recover from the adverse effect, see

Since you are still having an adverse reaction to 4mg of sertraline, if I were you, I would stop it. It may be rocky for a while, but you should very slowly see improvement.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Just a quick update on my hell situation. It’s been 5 days that I have completely stopped setraline (after dropping at 4mg for 6 days). I have not gotten worst but to my surprise some symptoms have been reduced a lot. I don’t feel I am going crazy , I don’t have much anxiety, I can cook and do light housework, I can take care a bit of my kids, I can watch TV and read a bit. The main symptom that remains is depersonalization, making me feel trapped. I think it has slightly improved, definitely not gotten worst. Still far away from being normal as DB makes me scared leaving the house and any I am scared I ll never get over it. I also can’t sleep during nights but that doesn’t bother me a lot, I can take it by sleeping a bit during the day. I found a doctor who believes all these might have been

caused by sentraline and she really things if I just give it 6 weeks Off the med I will recover. She says that’s her experience with other patients ... I can only pray she is right. I also feel kind of calm inside my heart , even though my brain scares me in the idea of having DP for ever. Any people experiencing depersonalization due to sentraline? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I forgot to mention i also noticed increased nausea which for some hours during the day (4 to 8 pm) can become debilitating but it feels more like a physical than a soul nausea .... I had this feeling of nausea in my soul before going to zero mgs. I don’t know what other term to use to describe it other than nausea that hurts your inner, your soul, not your stomach..,

If I ever get completely back to normal, I promise myself and all the other Zoloft victims, I will take my case in court. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• 1 month later...

6 weeks off sentraline and I am still in hell, and if any rare windows don’t even feel close to normal. While physical symptoms and panic attacks have subsided , depersonalization is getting worst to the point I am going literally nuts . I live 24/7 outside of this world, like my body and brain are disconnected, sometimes I feel me living inside of me.... only people who have experienced DP can understand the torture beyond human limits. The soul aching is also horrendous. I can’t do this anymore .... I am thinking of reinstaining at a small amount but don’t dare as I am afraid my symptoms will not improve and will only just get more addicted to this poison. My life is over, I cannot even take care of my boys... all this because a stupid doctor decided to put me on SSRi for some chest tightness.... I wish God would take me right now to end my suffering

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you stopped the sertraline altogether?  If yes, please add the date and last dose you too to your drug signature.  Thank you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I updated my signature. Yes it is 6 weeks and 1 day that I have been completely off. I just had genetic test results which indicate I am a rapid setraline metabolizer which means low doses can not reach my brain. Well let me tell you, they did and killed me, ruined for life I believe 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

You are not the only member who has had an adverse reaction to a psychiatric drug.  One member who had a very bad reaction to Zoloft is improving.

And if you visit the Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal you can search for adverse reaction.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Who is that member so I can look it up and get some strength out of his recovery? I am suffering every single day and I know it is from the drug since I never ever had these feelings before. Can’t keep living depersonalized, it is pure hell, like loosing your mind , going crazy, and feeling like a knife in your soul... 6 weeks off after just 25 mg fir 4 weeks followed by 4 weeks tapering shouldn’t I be seeing some kind of relief? This week (week 6th off the drug) was the worst with all symptoms more intense and on top of that I can’t sleep or eat anymore (I was able to sleep and eat weeks 3,4,5 off the drug. Doctor wants to put me on Prozac and if things keep going like that I might give in. I am living in pure torture and my two young boys are worried and sad about their mom who used to be so active and do all kinds of fun things with them 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

Usually when I post about a member recovering I also provide the link to their topic.  However in this case I decided not to because even though the member is recovering from the adverse reaction the member's topic contains some posts which you might find distressing and/or triggering and you don't need to the additional stress that it would probably cause.

If you decide that you would like to read the topic knowing this, please let me know and I will provide the link.

38 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Doctor wants to put me on Prozac and if things keep going like that I might give in.

It is generally better to reinstate a very small dose of the drug that you were last taking instead of introducing something new.

On 10/9/2012 at 10:17 AM, Altostrata said:

If you had adverse effects while you were taking the drug, a low dose may not trigger the adverse effects but still reduce withdrawal symptoms. Adverse effects tend to be dosage-related: The higher the dose, the worse the reaction.

Prozac has a very long half life and it can take about 2 weeks for it to build up in the body, whereas most other ADs only take about 4 days to get to full level in blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  If you find that you have taken too much then the opposite is also the case in that it would take about 2 weeks for the dose to reduce in the body.

All please be aware that once you have experienced withdrawal symptoms your system can be sensitised and taking too much of a drug can make things worse.  If you do decided to take either drug it is better to start with a small amount and increase by a little bit if needed than to risk taking too much.

Hi JesusSaveMe just want you to know I have read your posts and I feel your pain. I hope you get much better soon. I am glad you found SA, you will get a lot of help here.

Lucy

Paxil  07/1997 - 10/1998 Quit CT  

Neurontin, topamax, trazadone,  ssri AD (don't remember which one) 12/1998 - 06/1999 CT everything

Eflexor Xanax  04/2000 -08/2000 CT  ***01/2008-05/2013 on/off lexapro, lamictalseroquelsaphris, pristiq  Start/Stop CT at intervals 

Zoloft 200 mg 07/2013  WD 04/3/20 - 04/8/20 Quit

Seroquel 800 mg 07/2013 2013 *400 mg 07/2019  *** WD 04/15/2020 - 06/19/20 Quit

Ambien 10 mg 07/2013  WD 5 mg 04/29/2020, 2.5 mg 12/24/20, 1.66 mg 01/21/2021, 1.25 mg 02/16/2021 *** 02/22/2021 Quit

Xanax  2 mg prn 07/2013 - 04/23/20 Quit CT

Lamictal 150 mg 07/2013 WD 05/06/20 -06/11/2020 Quit

Propranolol 03/21/2020 - 04/20/2020 Quit CT

Hydroxyzine  12/14/2020 - 12/27/20 Quit

Allegra 24 hr 01/11/21 Flonase Nasal Spray 01/11/21

Magnesium Glycinate 100mg x3 daily D3 5000iu daily 

• Administrator

Hello, @JesusSavemefromWD

The depersonalization and emotional anesthesia is a very common result of having taken psychiatric drugs and especially if you had an immediate severe adverse reaction to an antidepressant. We have many people here who are coping with this.

I know it is very distressing, but hang in there -- it will very slow dissipate. Enjoy what you can enjoy. Don't block your healing with worry. Breathe through the rough spots. Fake it until you make it.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I can’t really enjoy anything. I suffer non stop. It’s not depression, is depression dripping poisoning in my soul. I literally have no connection to my brain other than to allow me to feel the suffering. I am taking fish oil and magnesium, don’t think they help a lot, they don’t hurt fit sure. Thank you for all your comments but last and this week is pure hell with no relief .... can’t take this anymore .... I can’t help wondering if smg is wrong with me indeed ... I was feeling very bad at the drug but not so bad as I feel now. I will try 5 http, some people say it helps.

Symptoms while on zoloft

I meant to type it is NOT depression, is depersonalization 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I will try 5 http, some people say it helps.

What we see with a lot of members here at SA in a similar situation to you is that they want to try to do something to fix the problem.  But is some cases it actually makes things worse.  What many members don't understand is that doing nothing is actually doing something, even though it doesn't feel like it.  What you are doing by not doing anything, is giving your brain the time it needs to fix itself, which it does naturally.  The brain is trying to sort things out, regain homeostatis, and adding in things that you think might fix it or help it can actually confuse the work that the brain is trying to do.

Please do your research before trying anything.  Your system has been sensitised and what might help someone else might make things worse for you.  Just because some supplements are thought of as being "natural" doesn't mean that they are harmless.

5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophan-and-l-tryptophan

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

It is also a good idea to keep symptom notes.  When we feel awful we just feel awful and might not notice tiny improvements.  Like having the flu, we feel awful on the first few days but then things start to improve.  We might not be coughing as much or our nose might not be as runny or the headache might have cleared but we still feel awful.  Keeping notes can help us to more objective and we might see improvements which we don't feel.

Edited by ChessieCat

I understand, but it’s either trying the 5 htp or Prozac as per my new doctors recommendation..... I really can’t last much longer like this

I tried today just 40 mg extended 5 htp , don’t feel much difference but I got diarrhea twice , 4-5 hrs after taking it. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus
37 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Keeping notes can help us to more objective and we might see improvements which we don't feel.

I just found this posted in another member's topic:

13 hours ago, Repent said:

I was dwelling in successtories myself for the first 18 months.. so I know how much it can help. I was on sickleave the first year in wd since the terror was unbeareble, i was mostly on the floor, screaming feeling my soul leaving me. I had to go back to work after that year home, i forced myself, i had no choice. I was so sick by the time i had to go back, the constant fluefeeling kicked in by that time. Everyday i thought was my last. Slowly, slowly getting better. So slow i didnt see it myself.  I kept journaling everyday in my phone, my sympthoms, just a couple of lines, like "Day 1, akathisia, flue, stabbing pain. Day 2, cold, insomnia, anxiety. Day 3, window, inner pain" and so on, so the list is rally long now :P But it helped me see the progress. I still do since my journey isnt over yet but so much better

• Moderator Emeritus
34 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

it’s either trying the 5 htp or Prozac as per my new doctors recommendation

These are not your only options.  The other option is none, zero, zilch, 0, nil, nada.

I will try nada for a bit longer.... my new doctor agrees it might be Zoloft that cause DP but she is not excluding the possibility that I had it coming and Zoloft just didn’t help. She ordered MRI and some other brain related tests before she prescribes Prozac . If it was only getting a bit better instead of worst I wouldn’t even consider another medicine ..... but see this week it brought me to my knees ..,, and believe me even though I am a petite woman I am very strong... been through a lot in the past , loosing father (58) on cancer , brother 29 at car accident and mom got really sick lately plus loosing my career because they stole me research project and being left jobless with two master degrees and a Ph.D.  and have been able to keep going and have a great family of my own, always medication free. So if I say that DP has brought me to my knees and I prefer to die than living with so much suffering ...,, it is not an understatement.....if I ever recover I will take this story to tv and newspapers as well as publish an official case report study which I can easily do since I am a researcher  biomedical scientist. I ll do that to prevent more people doing the mistake u did... going into Zoloft for experiencing an one month on and off chest tightness.  But I don’t see a slight sign if recovery.... praying to God every day but nothing

Symptoms while on zoloft

I meant the mistake I did 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I have been keeping a symptoms journal since day one being on Zoloft till today 6 weeks off. I did see slight improvement weeks 1, 2,3,4 off the drug but weeks 5,6 and going on to 7 there is clear worsening of DP and soul suffering ... as described above feeling like my soul is living my body .....

I don’t understand why but there is almost always a slight improvement after 9 pm every day. Nothing to make this DP/soul suffering even close to bearable. It’s like pure merciless hell all day and mini hell after 9pm till I sleep. If there are other people here who experienced DP, please contact me. It would help to know if you recovered 

thank you all so much

God Bless you and help you recover 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Just want to say Ive been where you are and I feel your pain. Never give up this will pass. It’s much more uncomfortable than it is dangerous. I remember finding just a bit of comfort knowing that. I hope you can too.

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

5 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

. my new doctor agrees it might be Zoloft that cause DP but she is not excluding the possibility that I had it coming and Zoloft just didn’t help

Doctors.

Gotta love them! 

Patient presents with chest pain and so that naturally would lead one to rationally believe patient had depersonalization coming and it's not really the zoloft.

The mental gymnastics they go through to not have to admit the obvious really makes me wonder how many of them have some form of...

"Delusional Prescriber Syndrome". Yeah!  That's what we can name it.

DPS: The state of irrationality that affects a Prescriber who subconsciously refuses to admit the obvious that the drug is to blame, not the patient.

Give me time I'll come up with a complete symptom list.

5 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I did see slight improvement weeks 1, 2,3,4 off the drug but weeks 5,6 and going on to 7 there is clear worsening of DP and soul suffering .

That is not unusual, your improving from the adverse reaction but now the withdrawal is kicking in.

Some people feel much improved for a bit and then wake up one day like they've been hit like a truck.

So, In one way, that's good news, that your following some very typical, if unfortunate, patterns.

Hang in there, I remember the DP well and my worst times were from 3 pm to 9pm, then I had a few good hours right before sleep.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

Another day in the pure hell of DP..... 45 days of the drug and counting. Colonial thank you for writing to me and I am sorry u have also been through so much. The Pdoc suggested maybe I had DP coming (which I doubt) because I told her that in the past I had a few minutes disconnected from reality following a few drinks at a friends house, as well as a couple of nights staying up late and being extremely tired I felt like I was OFF for couple of minutes. I just slept and went away. I think even if there was a sensitivity to alcohol and excessive tiredness, Zoloft just pushed that to the limits and made me completely DP. After I start taking it (4th day) I start having out of my body experiences 6-8 hrs following the drug intake, and as time was progressing on this drug this feeling of being disconnected OFF reality kept increasing and kind of lasted a few hours during the day, and when started tapering those hours of being OFF increased and after stopping the medicine it turned into a 24/7 depersonalization hell. Off the note before I started Zoloft, doctor prescribed cipralex which I took for two days , day 2 after 6-7 hrs of taking the drug completely out of my body experience for whole afternoon and night but went away next day and did not continue the drug. I was clever them to stop..... the Chest tightness though became worst and doctor reassured me into taking Zoloft since it is a very mild antidepressant.... right ... look at me now.... from a multifunctional woman into a complete mentally dysfunctional one who cannot even take care of her own kids.

May God help us to stay strong and recover without going back to this position. Even though I have never tried cocaine or my other illegal drugs, I feel like my brain is trying to recover from 20 years cocaine use. My brain feels really burned, sometimes it even physically feels like smg is crawling inside my skull. And no I am not schizophrenic. No family or personal history. I am just someone destroyed for life after 25 mg Zoloft for a very short time...

Symptoms while on zoloft

Yes I agree most doctors especially Pdocs have DPS as nicely introduced by Colonian, but what differentiates this from other syndromes is that isn’t the person who has the syndrome suffering but the others who trust their judgment about prescribing “ life safe mild antidepressants” . I clearly remember the 1st Pdoc prescribing this telling me “ worst side effect of Zoloft is diarrhea, there is nothing to be worried or scared about” . My question to him now is “do you have any idea how many people u might have destroyed and their families by telling them this?” You don’t have any idea and u don’t actually care...

Symptoms while on zoloft