SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

I had one today from 1pm to 7 pm!

Feel terrible now though.

Med History - 2014 - 2020 - Zoloft, Effexor, Klonopin, Lexapro, Buspar (No longer on any of these)

Went to my doctor for an annual and mentioned I was stressed, gave me Zoloft, stopped it after 3 months because it didn't do anything, ended up in withdrawal and was told I had a mental illness.  I've been diagnosed Bipolar and Clinically Depressed.  

Current Med Taper 

Lamotrigine - 25mg (May 21') -> 24mg (May 23') -> 23mg (July 23') -> 22mg (Aug 23') -> 21mg (Oct 23') -> 20mg (Dec 23')

Supplement: Magnesium, Fish Oil

Can u retrieve the memory of how u felt when in a window? I try to do that when feeling terrible and sometimes just the memory of the windows feeling  helps.

when ur in a window would u say you feel close to normal?

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Yes I feel pretty normal or at least 80%.

Med History - 2014 - 2020 - Zoloft, Effexor, Klonopin, Lexapro, Buspar (No longer on any of these)

Went to my doctor for an annual and mentioned I was stressed, gave me Zoloft, stopped it after 3 months because it didn't do anything, ended up in withdrawal and was told I had a mental illness.  I've been diagnosed Bipolar and Clinically Depressed.  

Current Med Taper 

Lamotrigine - 25mg (May 21') -> 24mg (May 23') -> 23mg (July 23') -> 22mg (Aug 23') -> 21mg (Oct 23') -> 20mg (Dec 23')

My anxiety level tends to vary throughout the day. When it’s high, I try to remember that this is just my brain working to stabilize. When the anxiety and distress recede, I’m always grateful to know that this can happen and will again. But the basic anxiety ache and the intense derealization pressure and fog have not changed significantly since I went off Effexor in May 2019. I’ve had no windows in which I feel close to normal, but I’m expecting them! 

Fluoxetine 1997-2014, 2015, 10-40 mg. GAD and DR symptoms returned  April 2013.

Bupropion 2013-14, 4 mos; Lexapro 2014; Cymbalta 2014. Gabapentin 2014; Mirtazapene 2014. Buspirone 2015.

Venlafaxine Dec. 2015 – May 2019, 150 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, May-June 2019

Bupropion Mar 2017 – July 2019 300 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, July 2019

Fluoxetine/Prozac May 2019 – present, tapered from 20 mg started Jan 2020, linear 10% every 4 wks.; tapered 6 to 4 mg June, 2, 2020; 4 to 1.8 mg Aug. 26, 2020; updose from 1.8 mg to 2.0 Nov. 16, 2020. Holding at 2.0 mg as of Mar 14,2021. April 14, 2021 updosed to 2.5 mg.

D3 2,000 mg; Omega 3 360 EPA/240 DHA; Magnesium Chelate 250 mg; Inositol powder started Nov 12, 2020; Theanine 400 mg; cranial electrotherapy stimulation device, self-treatments started Mar 14, 2021.

16 minutes ago, Edmunds said:

My anxiety level tends to vary throughout the day. When it’s high, I try to remember that this is just my brain working to stabilize. When the anxiety and distress recede, I’m always grateful to know that this can happen and will again. But the basic anxiety ache and the intense derealization pressure and fog have not changed significantly since I went off Effexor in May 2019. I’ve had no windows in which I feel close to normal, but I’m expecting them! 

Expect them cause I am sure they will come! For some reason DPDR is the most slowly healing symptom and it is very hard to endure. As I mentioned mine has lighten up by 50% and has been like that for about 3 weeks now and despite the improvement it still feels really bad. Pay attention to even 5 mins windows u might get in DPDR, in the begging I was only getting 5 mins of DPDR reduction here and there and one day it turned to constant 50% reduction. Does ur DPDR intensity feel the same throughout the day? For me every morning I get about half an hour which feels 70-80% reduction. I am praying and hoping that this window will start getting longer at some point.

I think I ve asked u before but have u ever tried EMDR? I tried it and helped a bit with anxiety

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

23 minutes ago, Edmunds said:

How did u feel while on Effexor? Anxiety and DR was the same? When u had your nice free DR periods in life back in years, were u on ADs or not? I developed extreme DPDR within a couple of weeks into Zoloft and of course after Zoloft but I read some people here didnt have DPDR while on ADs but rather after quitting. 
I am planning on publishing on this (I am a neuroscientist/researcher) once I recover and trying to understand as many aspects Of DPDR as I can.

Meanwhile I am praying for us to recover ....

Symptoms while on zoloft

14 hours ago, Jennings said:

Yes I feel pretty normal or at least 80%.

This is a great indication you will heal. If your brain can offer u few hrs of normal-ish status, it means the capacity is there and will eventually get to a steady state of constant normality .

For the first 2&1/2 months OFF the drug  I had absolutely No windows. Then I started getting 5, 10 or 30 mins windows feeling 15-20% normal at best, before the end of the 3rd months windows felt like 50% normal and lately I am getting about 5 to 30 mins of early mornings feeling about 60-70% normal. If your windows feel almost normal u are not far from healing, I believe it! 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Thank you I hope so, I’ve had a terrible day today after a horrible nights sleep.

I had a psych appointment and she wanted me to reinstate.  I’m also being pressured by my family.

It’s tough right now.

Current Med Taper 

25 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Thank you I hope so, I’ve had a terrible day today after a horrible nights sleep.

I had a psych appointment and she wanted me to reinstate.  I’m also being pressured by my family.

It’s tough right now.

I wouldn’t trust psychiatrists opinion unless they are aware of ADs side effects and withdrawal. Give it some more time and record ur windows, that’s what helped me realize there were small improvements after 2&1/2 months off the drug. Did u feel ok when u were on the drug? I felt horrific Out of my body for hours every day, anxiety and unbearable fear over nothing and other symptoms  ( never had these symptoms before), so there is no way I am reinstaining. If u felt ok while on the drug that’s another story, and maybe reinstaining a dose way below therapeutic dose could help. I am not encouraging u to reinstate, quite the opposite, but my point is that there should be no failure feeling related to reinstaining if it would help u. Your family is pressuring you to reinstate but it is you who is suffering right now so just listen to your self. I completely ignored people around me telling I need to try other psycho drugs cause my symptoms are not Zoloft triggered, but Zoloft just didn’t help.

Let me know if u get another window, I would be happy to hear it. I am not in a window right now but I am not feeling as horrific as I usually feel during the day

praying every day for us 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Day 102 OFF Zoloft poison , a new physical symptom appeared :

Along with tinnitus happening all these months OFF Zoloft, today I developed moderate eye lid, upper left lip, and left and right cheek muscle twitches, like spasms. They appear randomly On and Off during the day , all day long. They don’t hurt and are slightly visible by others but I mention them cause It amazes me that new symptoms are just coming out of the blue 3 months OFF the drug. Interesting my left eye got swollen within the first two weeks of starting Zoloft but it then went back to normal. 
Anyways, That’s smg to tell to most doctors who tell patients “it can’t be the drug, it’s out of your system long time now” 

wow ok doc, my ears are buzzing all day long and all of a sudden I have face spasms. If it isn’t the drug what kind of disease does it manifest like this? NONE!!!! there is no disease that has tinnitus and spasms as symptoms, SO IT IS Zoloft  PROTRACTED WITHDRAWAL... and not an underlying disease as I was told in our last meeting.

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 2/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thank you, I have read it, it is just very hard to digest it... having some symptoms almost disappearing and then coming back harder is just disheartening. This link also features a video of an individual who took lexapro only once and he says he never recovered..... I doubt I will never recover as I have been experiencing windows here and there and constant reduction of DPDR, but videos like these really scare me.

Actually this guys name is Tony connelly and he is doing alot better, take in mind he had two strokes as well. I have spoken with Tony on his FB page he has. He saw alot of improvement in his first 2.5 years. As he said (I had hellish derealization for 30 months) its been 13 years now since his and he is doing alog better but he does blame his strokes as some of his problem. He did regain his night vision and alot of his abilities. He's a pretty cool guy too. Really intelligent man

January -February celexa 40mg for 11 days. Adverse reaction cold turkey

April-May Zoloft for 30 days cold turkey. 

No further meds since then

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

1 hour ago, Lostinwonderland said:

Actually this guys name is Tony connelly and he is doing alot better, take in mind he had two strokes as well. I have spoken with Tony on his FB page he has. He saw alot of improvement in his first 2.5 years. As he said (I had hellish derealization for 30 months) its been 13 years now since his and he is doing alog better but he does blame his strokes as some of his problem. He did regain his night vision and alot of his abilities. He's a pretty cool guy too. Really intelligent man

Thank you for this amazing info! You mentioned this once more before but I didn’t realize I were talking about that video!!!

could u please please ask him to come back and post another video!!!! This video made me almost suicidal when I was in the begging of deep constant DPDR and I am sure it has scared and left hopeless many members here!

how are you doing these days? Any decline in ur DPDR?

Symptoms while on zoloft

• 2 weeks later...

3&1/2 months OFF Zoloft poison : 

I am about to give up this battle...

Despite clear and stable improvement in DPDR (about 70% improvement) my every day is hell filled with 

- crippling inner terror/restlessness/anxiety that doesn’t allow me to do anything at all, it’s there when I eat, when I shower, try to watch TV, talk to my kids, cook, groceries shopping, no matter what I do it’s there

- a nasty brain off - craziness feeling making me want to go into a psychiatric yard 

- hopelessness penetrating my soul

i do get an hour every morning and 2-3 hrs before bed during which I feel I can handle these symptoms but most of the day is pure hell.

I really didn’t see this coming.... I mean such an improvement in DPDR but other symptoms popping up making me feel still in pure hell. 
It was only 25mg Zoloft for few weeks..... unbelievable I am still suffering so much after 3&1/2 months off... 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I'm sorry you are going through this.  You are healing.  The DP is lifting and now some other nasty side effects are jumping in.

You can beat this.  I believe in you.

Current Med Taper 

@Jennings

What ur saying makes sense but I feel so bad right now that I doubt I can keep up this fight.... it’s a feeling like my soul is leaving my body and my brain is like a broken computer hard drive  🥺

Symptoms while on zoloft

I completely understand, I feel the same way myself, I had a brief window last night and now today woke up feeling terrible.  That feeling lasted through the day.  It’s awful and I wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy.

Current Med Taper 

The nightmare continues from yesterday into today as well,

bedridden all day.

What I feel Is NOT soul dread, it is NOT inner restlessness/terror/anxiety, and DPDR has lifted a lot so it isn’t that either that has nailed me in bed these last two days... what is it? Can’tell... since yesterday it feels like someone took over my brain, can’t find another way to explain this. I slept 11 hours in the hopes that It ll be better when I wake up but nope... Its been like this all day and I am not even getting this late night window that I have had almost every night lately...

I dont know what is worst ... suffering from a defined or an undefined symptom?

maybe my brain is trying to figure out how to reach the next level of homeostasis and I just have to endure a different kind of suffering till it does. In God I trust , I have no other hope or power to make this go away ...

Symptoms while on zoloft

I’ve been in tough withdrawal for a year and a half, but I was on ADs the better part of 33 years. You were on the AD for such a short time. I’m sure your brain had a severe shock but will sort itself out soon. These are terrible symptoms of dissociation, but they were will not physically harm you. And they will abate!

Fluoxetine 1997-2014, 2015, 10-40 mg. GAD and DR symptoms returned  April 2013.

Bupropion 2013-14, 4 mos; Lexapro 2014; Cymbalta 2014. Gabapentin 2014; Mirtazapene 2014. Buspirone 2015.

Venlafaxine Dec. 2015 – May 2019, 150 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, May-June 2019

Bupropion Mar 2017 – July 2019 300 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, July 2019

Fluoxetine/Prozac May 2019 – present, tapered from 20 mg started Jan 2020, linear 10% every 4 wks.; tapered 6 to 4 mg June, 2, 2020; 4 to 1.8 mg Aug. 26, 2020; updose from 1.8 mg to 2.0 Nov. 16, 2020. Holding at 2.0 mg as of Mar 14,2021. April 14, 2021 updosed to 2.5 mg.

D3 2,000 mg; Omega 3 360 EPA/240 DHA; Magnesium Chelate 250 mg; Inositol powder started Nov 12, 2020; Theanine 400 mg; cranial electrotherapy stimulation device, self-treatments started Mar 14, 2021.

@Edmunds

Thanks for writing. You think this crazy kind of feeling is related to disassociation? Maybe ur right but I have had significant improvement in DPDR, I can sense myself, connect with my brain, recognize my own hands, partially recognize my face in the mirror, things around me look much more clear and images register back in my brain like from this world not another. 
I hope ur right cause u don’t want to go crazy just for few weeks on Zoloft .

Are u able to enjoy anything these days? I am sure we will both heal one day but its a hard road to walk to get there and sometimes we fall and we don’t think we have the courage to get up and keep going . Thank u , God bless ur efforts to heal 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Are you depressed?  It sounds like depression or fatigue.

Current Med Taper 

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Are you depressed?  It sounds like depression or fatigue.

No it’s not depression or fatigue. I had moderate depression and fatigue during the first month of WD, and subsided during second month. This crazy feeling is really scary and painful, is really a feeling of loosing my mind.....my brain feels like cotton and the two hemispheres not communicating....like another creature has taken over my brain. Luckily It subsided today around midnight but I am afraid it ll come again ... I had this feeling some days during the first week I started Zoloft and much stronger during the third week of Zoloft which is when I decided enough is enough and started tapering. I then had it again very intense during the first two months OFF Zoloft but since then hadn’t appeared and I thought I was done with this symptom.... this is one symptom I really cannot take and I assume this is what some young people committing suicide after taking Zoloft must have felt. It really makes u wanna die!

how are u?

Symptoms while on zoloft

Anxious and a lot of intrusive thoughts.  Very tired.  Not doing much.

Current Med Taper 

11 hours ago, Jennings said:

U ll get a window soon, I got one last night for about 3 hrs (midnight till 3:00 am watching TV feeling ok ish 

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 2/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, Jennings said:

Any windows my friend? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I thought I would post the following two observations for others to consider:

1. As I have previously posted among my WD symptoms are mild eye lid twitches and facial numbing ( upper lip, nose, cheeks), on and off all day. They are not painful and only slightly visible by others. I did notice that the days I d take magnesium or iron (i take iron during my period as it tends to get really low) these twitching and numbing feelings increased.  I ve stopped taking magnesium or iron and these symptoms have been reduced a lot (like from getting 20-30 intense eye lid twitches per day, down to 4-5 very very mild). I am not sure if it is a coincidence but just sharing this for people having these symptoms to be cautious about taking these metals 

2. Eating desserts helps a bit my WD symptoms.... thinking about it , it kind of makes sense since glucose is the main source of energy for the brain. I have read in this site people reporting that they get worst by eating foods high in sugar but my experience has been different

As for my WD journey, I am still suffering a lot after 3&1/2 months off but I have seen some improvements and getting few windows here and there so I am trying to stay strong. Here is a woman who just a few months ago (before Zoloft) used to give scientific presentations in front of hundreds of people and not get any anxiety or stress at all (I mean it not at all!) and after taking Zoloft for few weeks, she is having inner terror and anxiety about going to the supermarket. WAY TO GO PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES and UNEDUCATED DOCTORS 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I’m sorry to report I haven’t had any windows 😢😢😢😢.

Really hard day at work.  So uncomfortable.  I could not get my coding done.  

I’m also sorry that the evil Zoloft did this to you.

Current Med Taper 

I am sorry u had no windows....  praying u have one soon however if ur able to go to work (even struggling while working ) it’s a big accomplishment... I can’t even think of getting a job right now 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@Altostrata

I was hoping I could get ur advice. I am almost 4 months OFF Zoloft and I am having reduction of all symptoms besides tinnitus (I can easily put up with it, it’s not constant and it is low volume) but i am

also having a severe and intense feeling of loosing my mind, it almost feels like paranoia (although I can’t tell for sure since I have never experienced paranoia before Zoloft). It’s so bad i feel I need to go into the hospital in the fear of going crazy and hurting myself. 
so after so many months of suffering and dealing with various symptoms, this brain off feeling (which I can t really explain) makes me consider of reinstaining a tiny amount to help my brain come back in its place... I know reinstaining isn’t advised so far out but I am at despair... is this a withdrawal symptom? Will it get better if I push through? It really feels the more I get out of the DPDR state (has improved a lot!!) the more I feel crazy... like my brain is loose and smashed in my skull. That symptom makes me feel worst than any of the other Zoloft triggered symptoms I have had. 
Does anyone relate? Has anyone felt paranoid, like loosing their mind literally during withdrawal? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Administrator

Please describe this feeling in more detail.

You may wish to work with a therapist rather than go to the hospital, where you are likely to get a drug cocktail.

It's a good sign that some of your symptoms have lessened. People do go through different symptom patterns over time, they have a tendency to change into other symptoms, but at lower intensity.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@JesusSavemefromWD  From your last few posts it sounds that the difficult symptoms you are having now first came about when you started taking Zoloft, and caused you to stop taking it.  With that in mind, taking it again, even a small amount, would not be a good idea.

Please try to find a therapist who can support you and guide you in using nondrug approaches to ride these waves.  Your brain will heal, but it will take time.  You will find a way to get through this.

Peace and love be with you.

Started .25 mg. clonazapam Oct. 2016

Started 10 mg. Celexa Dec. 2016

Started 10 mg. amitriptyline January 2017

Also took 60 mg. Dexilant Oct. 2016 through April 2017, successfully tapered off

Stopped Celexa successfully Oct. 2017

Fast taper of amitriptyline Dec. 2017, had major WD symptoms and reinstated at 10 mg. Jan. 2018

Slow amitryptyline taper started Mar. 2019, reduced from 10 mg. to 0.93 mg. currently

Also still taking .25 mg. clonazapam daily in late evening

@Altostrata 

@bijay

thanks for replying

i cannot really find words to explain the brain off-like loosing it feeling. All the rest I can deal with. Brain feels numb like the way ur lips feel after u get an injection in the doctor but that’s not what bothers me... it’s the mental anguish I lost my mind. It feels like as I am coming out of deep DPDR my brain cannot adjust and is just going into this new state that I can’t describe... imagine a blind person from birth, all of a sudden his eyes are cured and he sees but his brain can’t process and he feels he is loosing it. And all these of course trigger panic and fear.

I have tried supplements and therapy , nothing helps this feeling. I am suffering a lot and I think I ll give in on Prozac as my new doctor suggests. Those “feeling crazy” hours I had when staring Zoloft were for few days here and there but not every day as I have them now. I am afraid if I don’t do smg I ll end up in an antipsychotic which is worst. I am sure all these were caused by Zoloft but I think cutting it to fast made things much worst. I don’t want to restart a small dose of Zoloft cause I found out I am a RAPID Zoloft metabolizer and I think that leads to big fluctuations of Zoloft levels in my blood stream, so it’s like ok now I have some in my brain next few hours I don’t cause I metabolized it and next day the same . It’s like putting a person on and off antidepressants all the time. I ll try to preserve a bit longer by I think it’s better to try Prozac and if I stabilize to try to quit at 5% over months, than ending up in a psychiatric hospital (that’s how bad I feel) and put in cocktail of drugs including antipsychotics. I know Prozac has long life so my doctor has agreed to start me on just 2 mg for 2-3 weeks and take it from there. It’s a risk but less risky that antipsychotics. It’s such a shame I took the suffering for 4 months and got so much better with DPDR to only get an intense feeling of loosing my brain and end up going back to SSRIs but I can’t preserve much longer. My next appointment is March 10th, if this crazy brain off feeling doesn’t improve I ll go with Prozac. If it improves a little bit I ll not, but I doubt it. It’s been there for the last 2-3 weeks and seems to be getting stronger and stronger. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated 

thank you 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD  How did you find out you are a fast Zoloft metabolizer?  

I am so glad you have a therapist you can turn to.  What non-drug approaches have you tried to help you deal with your symptoms?  Just like drugs, they can take time to kick in.  Even if you eventually decide to use Prozac, you should continue doing these things (breathing, meditation, distraction, visualization, exercise, etc.) for support.  They can make a big difference, and can buy you the time needed to let your body and brain heal. 

Started .25 mg. clonazapam Oct. 2016

Started 10 mg. Celexa Dec. 2016

Started 10 mg. amitriptyline January 2017

Also took 60 mg. Dexilant Oct. 2016 through April 2017, successfully tapered off

Stopped Celexa successfully Oct. 2017

Fast taper of amitriptyline Dec. 2017, had major WD symptoms and reinstated at 10 mg. Jan. 2018

Slow amitryptyline taper started Mar. 2019, reduced from 10 mg. to 0.93 mg. currently

Also still taking .25 mg. clonazapam daily in late evening

1 minute ago, bijay said:

@JesusSavemefromWD  How did you find out you are a fast Zoloft metabolizer?  

I am so glad you have a therapist you can turn to.  What non-drug approaches have you tried to help you deal with your symptoms?  Just like drugs, they can take time to kick in.  Even if you eventually decide to use Prozac, you should continue doing these things (breathing, meditation, distraction, visualization, exercise, etc.) for support.  They can make a big difference, and can buy you the time needed to let your body and brain heal. 

I took a genetic test and indeed I have two alleles (most people have one) of the gene related to rapid metabolism of Zoloft and lexapro. Prozac is metabolized via a different pathway so I am a normal metabolizer for this. 
I had no issues before taking Zoloft besides some chest pressure. Non drug techniques help but when ur brain gets messed up by drugs, things get out of control. I became 100x worst during few weeks on Zoloft and 1000x worst after quitting Zoloft probably too fast? I was hopping, since I can’t take this new brain off loosing my mind feeling anymore, to try Prozac in the hopes of helping me to get stabilized and then taper much slower. However, taking into account how bad I also felt while on Zoloft, I am taking a big risk starting another ssri. Was it the fact I metabolized Zoloft too fast and quitting fast as well, or SSRis are just toxic for me? Others interpret rapid metabolizers as people who should not feel any effects by taking small doses of Zoloft . Believe me I felt Zoloft!!! But if this interruption is right and not mine, then starting Prozac that I am not a rapid metabolizer for, would it make things worst for me? It’s a gamble , I ll make myself an experimental animal. Overall I know it’s better not to take anything but as I said this new brain off crazy feeling is above and beyond my strength... I will however preserve till March 10 that’s my next appointment hopping to God I will get some relief on it... 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

You did not think that you could get through the DP/DR and you did.  You also said that the DP/DR was the worst symptom.

One day at a time.  One hour or one moment when necessary.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat

You read my thoughts... I have been using this argument in my efforts to preserve but i am not sure I can do it much longer. I ll try a bit longer, thanks for the encouragement  

DPDR was the worst symptom till this new one 😩

I ll update if I feel better thanks again 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Administrator

It sounds like you have dp/dr and maybe brain fog or emotional anesthesia but your worst distress is your worry about these conditions, not the conditions themselves. You worry that you're "losing it".

You can manage these reactions to your drug-related symptoms. Please talk to your therapist about this.

Please clarify your signature: When did you start Zoloft and when did you stop it?

No one can predict how you'll react to 2mg Prozac. It may help, it may not.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.