☼ Hsph: olanzapine and Abilify - reinstating after cold turkey withdrawal effect

Hsph

10 minutes ago, Shep said:

Thanks. I understand now. No, I wouldn't reinstate the Abilify. You're already taking two other antipsychotics. 

Let's see how you feel after you stop making drug changes. Please decide whether or not you wish to continue on the Clozapine and then reassess after a few days. 

I decide to stop on clozapine as you suggested

Could you please explain what do you mean by reassess after few days? 

After 4 days of fast tapering clozapine (25% each day) Could i substitute the time i take clozapine with olanzapine? Since it gives same sleepy effect. 

Thank you

2019 seroquel eat 1 day and quit abruptly - no side effect

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October 2020 given additional Abilify 7.5mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

(Clozapine and Olanzapine has 12 hours gap)

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, Hsph said:

Could you please explain what do you mean by reassess after few days? 

Sure, this means - let's see how you're feeling in a few days. 

Right now, it's hard to advise you when you're making so many drug changes. Try to be as consistent as possible - same drug at the same dose at the same time, every day. Same time, same dose. 

21 minutes ago, Hsph said:

After 4 days of fast tapering clozapine (25% each day) Could i substitute the time i take clozapine with olanzapine? Since it gives same sleepy effect. 

Yes, if taking olanzapine makes you sleepy, you should take it at night. Please be consistent, though. If you move it to nighttime, take it every night at the same time and dose.

We usually advise moving a drug only an hour a day (for example, first day at 8 AM, second day at 9 AM, third day at 10 AM, etc.) until you've reached the evening time. This is gentlest on your nervous system. 

But because you've only been on the drug a few weeks and you're already making so many other changes, you may be okay doing an abrupt change from morning to night. But please note your nervous system may be affected by this abrupt change, so do as much self-care as you can. 

Please let us know how you do over the coming days. 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Sure Shep, Thank you so much for you advise.

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Yes, if taking olanzapine makes you sleepy, you should take it at night. Please be consistent, though. If you move it to nighttime, take it every night at the same time and dose.

i wonder what if after i fast taper Clozapine 2.5mg to zero and substitute with Olanzapine 0.3mg i cannot sleep ? because my brain craving the drugs? Please Advise, should i wait until i can up the Olanzapine? or we can just reassess later... ? honestly i am not really confident in sleep with my self.

1 hour ago, Shep said:

But because you've only been on the drug a few weeks and you're already making so many other changes, you may be okay doing an abrupt change from morning to night. But please note your nervous system may be affected by this abrupt change, so do as much self-care as you can. 

just info my current state is not stable yet, a lot of ups and down. i am worry if i do abrupt change it will affect my mood and creating bad side effect. like right now i am doubting my self about changing the clozapine. please advise. i have read all the Chessiecat Post website link, and its doesn't really resonate with me. I need something that can guarantee me sleep. :( 

Please Revise my 4 days plan to taper Clozapine 2.5 mg as follows

29 Oct 2020     30 Oct 2020          31 Oct 2020       1 Nov 2020          2 Nov 2020 ( Taper Finished ) 

2.5 1.875 1.25 0.625

Thanks Shep, for you help and advise. 
Please Please be patient with me, i need a lot of advise i worry a lot. Have a nice day :D 

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Sure, this means - let's see how you're feeling in a few days. 

Right now, it's hard to advise you when you're making so many drug changes. Try to be as consistent as possible - same drug at the same dose at the same time, every day. Same time, same dose. 

We usually advise moving a drug only an hour a day (for example, first day at 8 AM, second day at 9 AM, third day at 10 AM, etc.) until you've reached the evening time. This is gentlest on your nervous system. 

Shep, Can i crushed Clozapin 25mg with mortar and pestle and put it into 40 ml Water ? 
Will it suspended well in water for 3 days ? 

I am going to use pipette dropper 1ml to consume it.

1.875 = 3ml 

1.25 = 2 ml 

0.625 = 1ml

What I Consume Now :  

Today 30 Oct 2020 : 

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM stomach feel empty trigger anxiety, eat detox breakfast, eat magnesium, eat vitamin C, probiotic, then 

what i feel : feeling little anxious but better than yesterday.

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM : eat second small portion breakfast ( i eat every 2 hours) , stretching (yoga like posture), meditate, excercise (walking). 

what i feel : feel little anxious but better than morning(when just woke up)

11:00 PM - 12:30 PM : rest, take a walk, eat lunch. eat magnesium 

what i feel : feeling great almost like normal, little to no anxiety/anxious

12:30 PM - 15:00 PM : Forum / Rest / Research / Training to calm anxiety when its arise.

what i feel feel little anxious but getting better

15:00 PM : Excercise (boxing) 

ill update again later, its 12.30 PM now. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Hsph said:

i wonder what if after i fast taper Clozapine 2.5mg to zero and substitute with Olanzapine 0.3mg i cannot sleep ? because my brain craving the drugs? Please Advise, should i wait until i can up the Olanzapine? or we can just reassess later... ? honestly i am not really confident in sleep with my self.

Hsph, was insomnia the reason you started these drugs? In an earlier post, you wrote:

On 10/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, Hsph said:

I am not in drugs before 15 sep 2020. I just has bad habit in this pandemic and lead to depression and i just went to psychiatrist. I learn the hard way. 

What was the "bad habit" that caused you to be depressed? 

20 hours ago, Hsph said:

Shep, Can i crushed Clozapin 25mg with mortar and pestle and put it into 40 ml Water ? 
Will it suspended well in water for 3 days ? 

I am going to use pipette dropper 1ml to consume it.

1.875 = 3ml 

1.25 = 2 ml 

0.625 = 1ml

Since you've only been on this drug a few days, you really don't need to do a water titration. You could just cut the pill. Transitioning over to liquid should be done gradually, with part of the dose taken as a pill and part as liquid. Since you're doing a rapid taper, you don't have the time to do this. I would just cut the pill and reduce by 1/4 your dose over the next few days. 

5 hours ago, Hsph said:

Today 30 Oct 2020 : 

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM stomach feel empty trigger anxiety, eat detox breakfast, eat magnesium, eat vitamin C, probiotic, then 

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM : eat second small portion breakfast ( i eat every 2 hours) , stretching (yoga like posture), meditate, excercise (walking). 

12:30 PM - 15:00 PM : Forum / Rest / Research / Training to calm anxiety when its arise.

Thanks for listing this. Was this after you reduced the Clozapine? 

Please continue posting this type of journal, only do so for 24 hours at a time. And also list the number of hours you sleep each night. This is very helpful, Hsph. 

I'm glad to read you're feeling better and finding some great ways of coping like yoga postures, meditation, and exercise. 

2 hours ago, Shep said:

Hsph, was insomnia the reason you started these drugs? In an earlier post, you wrote:

Yes, Insomnia was one of the problem and feeling depressed suicide thought, because i have bad habit , play games and become nocturnal is my thing. and i was stay home working, not much to do, but still have salary makes me feel depressed and unworthy. 

2 hours ago, Shep said:

What was the "bad habit" that caused you to be depressed? 

Stay late play games or researching, not exercising, lazy, etc negative thought. and some work makes me feel depressed. 

2 hours ago, Shep said:

Since you've only been on this drug a few days, you really don't need to do a water titration. You could just cut the pill. Transitioning over to liquid should be done gradually, with part of the dose taken as a pill and part as liquid. Since you're doing a rapid taper, you don't have the time to do this. I would just cut the pill and reduce by 1/4 your dose over the next few days.

i only have 25mg tablet, which already split into 10 capsules each 2.5mg. 

because the Clozapine tablet already very small its really hard to split it. let alone split 25mg into 1.875mg 1.25mg 0.625mg respectively.

i am in very very hypersensitive state right now, when i hear some bad news  or any stress i feel it so badly and trigger my panic attack and very anxious, i know its normal in WD effect and it will pass eventually.

i dont think i can afford not sleeping right now. i need something to hang on. 

What I Consume Now :  

7 hours ago, Hsph said:

Today 30 Oct 2020 : 

15:00 PM to 20:30 PM : boxing, hypnotherapy, stretching, family gathering(they told story that makes me anxious and its really severe, i have panic attack and severe worry feeling)any stress will trigger anxiety.

20:30 PM - 11:00 PM : rest, eat, makes my self focus on another thing. meditate. 

11:00PM eat olanzapine 1.875mg , sleep

What I Consume Now :  

Please answer this

How long hypersensitive last? 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

We don't know.

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Stability

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

49 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Thank you. It does answer my question.

So i just need to let my brain heal. And just do my normal life while enduring the hypersensitivity until the brain heal it self. It could take few months depend on the person. 

I had multiple window, sometimes it last for hours. And then gone several days with depression and hypersensitivity. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I had multiple window, sometimes it last for hours.

This is a good sign that you are recovering.

6 minutes ago, Hsph said:

So i just need to let my brain heal. And just do my normal life while enduring the hypersensitivity until the brain heal it self.

It's a good idea to try and be as stress-free as possible.  Also don't overdo things like exercise/physical exertion.  Don't get overstimulated, eg noise, light, excitement.  Also not drink alcohol and limit or don't drink caffeine, including cola and energy drinks.  Try to eat healthy foods, and have regular meals, and keep a regular sleep routine.

Basically just be sensible and look after yourself.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

And if you try anything new, only use a very small amount first, and one at a time, to see how you react to it.

It's a good idea to research it here on SA.  Use a search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

Thank you CheesieCat for your fast reply. :) 

Have a good day 

What I Consume Now :  

16 hours ago, Shep said:

Thanks for listing this. Was this after you reduced the Clozapine? 

nope, before reduce the Clozapine.

i did it when i have window and having clear mind what i did in a day. 

not everyday but im trying. 

What I Consume Now :  

Please answer

I just realize i have one or two tardive dyslexia symtomps. My mouth close itself when i want to fell asleep. Is it reversible?

It makes me panic and not sleeping. 

Is it reversible. Will i be normal again like before i consume antipsychotic?

What I Consume Now :  

I have read online to prevent Tardive dyslexia , one should not consume antipsychotic no more than 3 months. 

Please advise what to do. I am panicked. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Hsph said:

Yes, Insomnia was one of the problem and feeling depressed suicide thought, because i have bad habit , play games and become nocturnal is my thing. and i was stay home working, not much to do, but still have salary makes me feel depressed and unworthy. 

20 hours ago, Hsph said:

Stay late play games or researching, not exercising, lazy, etc negative thought. and some work makes me feel depressed. 

Do you have better sleep habits now? Are you turning off the TV and computer a couple of hours before bedtime? Playing video games, reading on the computer, etc. can all cause sleep problems. 

You're boxing for exercise and meditating in the evenings now, which is good. But it take times for these good habits to get results. Keep doing them because in the long run, exercise and meditation will help. 

20 hours ago, Hsph said:

i only have 25mg tablet, which already split into 10 capsules each 2.5mg. 

because the Clozapine tablet already very small its really hard to split it. let alone split 25mg into 1.875mg 1.25mg 0.625mg respectively.

Then using the water titration is fine. I would hurry and get off this drug, however you decide to do it. A rapid taper doesn't need to be as precise because you're within a safe range of simply stopping altogether. 

7 hours ago, Hsph said:

had multiple window, sometimes it last for hours. And then gone several days with depression and hypersensitivity. 

The windows are a great sign of healing, Hsph. 

2 hours ago, Hsph said:

Please answer

I just realize i have one or two tardive dyslexia symtomps. My mouth close itself when i want to fell asleep. Is it reversible?

It makes me panic and not sleeping. 

Is it reversible. Will i be normal again like before i consume antipsychotic?

Do you mean tardive dyskinsia? If it's only happening happening when you're falling asleep, I'm not sure that's tardive dyskinesia. It could be bruxism, which is when you grind your teeth when you're falling asleep or are asleep. 

Bruxism – Bruxism (teeth grinding) consists of quick jerks or grinding movements involving the muscles of mastication. Bruxism typically occurs at sleep onset or in association with arousals from sleep and may recur multiple times per night. (source)

You may want to look into wearing a nightguard when you sleep. You can get one through your dentist or at some drug stores. This will protect your teeth while you're sleeping. 

14 minutes ago, Shep said:

Do you have better sleep habits now? Are you turning off the TV and computer a couple of hours before bedtime? Playing video games, reading on the computer, etc. can all cause sleep problems. 

I have better habit now, not watching tv or play games anymore. This WD symptoms take everything in my life. I just focus on how to get out of this.

Then using the water titration is fine. I would hurry and get off this drug, however you decide to do it. A rapid taper doesn't need to be as precise because you're within a safe range of simply stopping altogether. 

Im afraid of this drugs WD symptoms would appear. But ill try whatever it takes. I am afraid i will be back on Clozapine again. Since it save me on 24 oct from panic attack , severe anxiety and insomnia.

Do you mean tardive dyskinsia? If it's only happening happening when you're falling asleep, I'm not sure that's tardive dyskinesia. It could be bruxism, which is when you grind your teeth when you're falling asleep or are asleep. 

No its not bruxism. I still awake and when i was into falling asleep state my mouth just closed suddenly just like sudden muscle reaction and wake me up. Im pretty sure its TD. What should i do? 

This happen when night (after i took clozapine) or afternoon time(after i took olanzapine when i try to nap).

Is this the sign i need to quit clozapine or olanzapine or BOTH ASAP . I dont wanna have TD in the long run. 

Please advise

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, Hsph said:

Im afraid of this drugs WD symptoms would appear. But ill try whatever it takes. I am afraid i will be back on Clozapine again. Since it save me on 24 oct from panic attack , severe anxiety and insomnia.

Please work on dealing with your catastrophic thinking so you don't spiral into panic attacks. ChessieCat left you some good resources and this is a great article:

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

10 minutes ago, Hsph said:

No its not bruxism. I still awake and when i was into falling asleep state my mouth just closed suddenly just like sudden muscle reaction and wake me up. Im pretty sure its TD. What should i do? 

This happen when night (after i took clozapine) or afternoon time(after i took olanzapine when i try to nap).

Is this the sign i need to quit clozapine or olanzapine or BOTH ASAP . I dont wanna have TD in the long run. 

Again, if it's only happening when you're falling sleep, it's likely not TD. Please see:

What Is Tardive Dyskinesia?

Similar to other hyperkinetic movement disorders, tardive stereotypies are usually exacerbated during stress, disappear during sleep, and may be volitionally suppressed, at least temporarily.

Once you come off that tiny bit of Clozapine that you've only been on for less than a week, you'll be left with just .3 mg Olanzapine, which is a low dose.

TD generally starts with higher doses and for much longer periods of time. 

Please work on dealing with your catastrophic thinking so you don't spiral into panic attacks. ChessieCat left you some good resources and this is a great article:

Alright. Thanks a lot! 

Again, if it's only happening when you're falling sleep, it's likely not TD. Please see:

What Is Tardive Dyskinesia?

Its happen to my hands too. When i try to sleep.

i have some twitching muscle on my cheek when i raise it up. When im not sleeping. 

i have very dry throat too, as i read the side effect of clozapine and olanzapine. 

Lets say what if its TD what should i do? 

lets say its not TD then what should i do? 

Once you come off that tiny bit of Clozapine that you've only been on for less than a week, you'll be left with just .3 mg Olanzapine, which is a low dose

i am on clozapine already 7 days (a week) from 24 oct to 31 oct.

And im going to have 9 days in total as a result of quick taper. 

Please advise me .

What I Consume Now :  

Hi hsph,

5 hours ago, Hsph said:

Lets say what if its TD what should i do? 

lets say its not TD then what should i do?

Tardive means late onset as differentiated from an early reaction to the drug. Your withdrawal was early, less than a month in, so in this sense your dyskinesias could never qualify as late onset or tardive dyskinesias. But what you are wondering is not really whether the onset would qualify as late or early but if the dyskinesias will disappear, irrespective of when they started.

Your dyskinesias are neither tardive nor acute reactions to a drug, instead they are reactions to not having a drug. The expression withdrawal dyskinesia is good for this. From what I've read withdrawal dyskinesias are more likely to disappear than tardive dyskinesias. While cold turkeying is bad at least you were on the drugs for just a short time which could be good vs withdrawal dyskinesias as it is vs tardive dyskinesias.

I recently read a comment of someone having had a lot of dyskinesias during withdrawal but they stopped after 6 weeks. Could be shorter or longer.

As far as I know the nervous system tends to repeat what it's done before or strengthen synaptical connections that are used so If I were to speculate one could accelerate progress by avoiding actions (including eating certain foods, bad sleep, stress exposure) that you notice provoke the dyskinesia. That is pure speculation though.

I was worried myself about dyskinesias recently and Hayduke informed of possible Niacin, Manganese and Vitamin E as aid.

This might also be of interest even though you have withdrawal type dyskinesia https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/7-ways-treat-tardive-dyskinesia

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling: 10mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5mg 14 days, 2.5mg 11 days,  10x0mg + 4x1mg. Very bad condition reinstated: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine. Next day 5mg Z. Then 6 months taper to nothing but Zyprexa and 0.0mg again. 6 days 0mg. Reinstated 0.12mg x2 days. 23 june: 0.25mg. 29 june: 0.12mg. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin. 9 july 0.16mg. Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on: Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10mg mostly 2.5mg but started cheating. 14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to cheating earlier able to go 0.31mg! 30 oct 0.21mg, 13 nov 0.14mg, 28 nov 0.10mg, 14 dec 0.07mg, 04 jan 2021 0.035mg, 25 jan 0.017mg, 4 feb 2021 0.000 mg

8 hours ago, Hopela said:

Tardive means late onset as differentiated from an early reaction to the drug. Your withdrawal was early, less than a month in, so in this sense your dyskinesias could never qualify as late onset or tardive dyskinesias. But what you are wondering is not really whether the onset would qualify as late or early but if the dyskinesias will disappear, irrespective of when they started.

Your dyskinesias are neither tardive nor acute reactions to a drug, instead they are reactions to not having a drug. The expression withdrawal dyskinesia is good for this. From what I've read withdrawal dyskinesias are more likely to disappear than tardive dyskinesias. While cold turkeying is bad at least you were on the drugs for just a short time which could be good vs withdrawal dyskinesias as it is vs tardive dyskinesias.

I recently read a comment of someone having had a lot of dyskinesias during withdrawal but they stopped after 6 weeks. Could be shorter or longer.

As far as I know the nervous system tends to repeat what it's done before or strengthen synaptical connections that are used so If I were to speculate one could accelerate progress by avoiding actions (including eating certain foods, bad sleep, stress exposure) that you notice provoke the dyskinesia. That is pure speculation though.

I was worried myself about dyskinesias recently and Hayduke informed of possible Niacin, Manganese and Vitamin E as aid.

This might also be of interest even though you have withdrawal type dyskinesia https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/7-ways-treat-tardive-dyskinesia

Hi Hopela, your reply greatly help me to understand TD and what happen currently to me. this is great relieve! 
Thanks a lot for your reply! 

What I Consume Now :  

31 Oct 2020 : 

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM stomach feel empty NOT trigger anxiety better than yesterday, brain fog, eat detox breakfast, eat magnesium, eat vitamin C, probiotic, then 

11:00 PM - 12:30 PM : rest, take a walk, eat lunch. eat magnesium, eat Olanzapine 0.3mg , take a nap having 1 time dystonia.

what i feel  feel little anxious 

15:00 PM to 18:00 PM : Treadmill exercise 2 hours, Eat vitamin E

18:00 PM to 22:00 PM : pray 2 hours, multiple panic attack but relieved with mindfullness and praying. 

23:00 PM to 05:00 AM : good sleep.

5:00 AM to 8:00AM : multiple panic attack, but relieved by midnfull meditation and change channel method. (half sleep half relieving panic attack)

8AM to 10:00 AM : Less nausea than yesterday , almost no nausea, Eat detox breakfast, mags, Vit C, and then left arm finger muscle stiffnesss, cannot move my muscle repetitively.

What I Consume Now :  

Last day on tapering clozapine 0.625 failed miserably, i cannot sleep. I took another 0.625. lets see if i can sleep. 

What I Consume Now :  

Please suggest me i cannot sleep. My head just wake up and wired. Nausea and feeling bad. 

What I Consume Now :  

Hi Hsph,

Sorry you're feeling this way. When unable to sleep I tried to at least rest. It's common that drugs for sleep including reinstating won't make you sleep after cold turkey. Some say they didnt sleep for months, and I can't swear I did either after my cold turkey, but I thought of how many hours of sleep it felt like recoverywise even though as far as I could tell I actually just lay awake. That way I saw slow progress even if registered sleep remained at 0 hours. Maybe parts of the brain sleeps independently while you remain feeling awake.

Check out this thread:

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling: 10mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5mg 14 days, 2.5mg 11 days,  10x0mg + 4x1mg. Very bad condition reinstated: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine. Next day 5mg Z. Then 6 months taper to nothing but Zyprexa and 0.0mg again. 6 days 0mg. Reinstated 0.12mg x2 days. 23 june: 0.25mg. 29 june: 0.12mg. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin. 9 july 0.16mg. Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on: Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10mg mostly 2.5mg but started cheating. 14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to cheating earlier able to go 0.31mg! 30 oct 0.21mg, 13 nov 0.14mg, 28 nov 0.10mg, 14 dec 0.07mg, 04 jan 2021 0.035mg, 25 jan 0.017mg, 4 feb 2021 0.000 mg

I failed back to 2.5mg clozapine. I wouldnot stop clozapine. I will taper slow olanzapine first. I just wanna suicide, my mom calm me down, most severe panic attack in my life.

What I Consume Now :  

I just need sleep

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi hsph, could you please tell us how old you are?  Are you living with your parents?

19 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi hsph, could you please tell us how old you are?  Are you living with your parents?

I am 29 yo

Yes i am. 

Please help me. I am shaking now. Reinstate 2.1875.

(0.625 mg x 3.5ml)

What to do? I think my panic attack trigger is when i am super tired but cannot sleep. I need sleep while tapering. Is there possible to taper clozapine in the future? 

What I Consume Now :  

Please answer

is there any success story quitting clozapine? 

i am worry i will be on this drugs for a long time

please i cannot find it on this site. please help

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hsph, please see my post here - https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/23614-hsph-olanzapine-and-abilify-reinstating-after-cold-turkey-withdrawal-effect/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-507287

You're removing the drug you take at night for sleep (clozapine) and staying on the drug that makes you sleepy but you take during the day (Olanzapine). This makes no sense. 

Since olanzapine makes you sleepy and you've been on it since September, it makes sense to take that drug at night and to stop the newer antipsychotic (Clozepine) before you become dependent on it. 

You may have poor sleep for awhile, but if you wish to come off these drugs, you'll need to manage the insomnia. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/29/2020 at 10:03 PM, Shep said:

Please see this thread on insomnia:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Wearing a sleep mask to block out light can be helpful. Make sure you're avoiding caffeine and alcohol, limiting sugar, and eating healthy foods throughout the day. Also, be sure you're drinking plenty of water so you're not getting dehydrated. 

27 minutes ago, Shep said:

Hsph, please see my post here - https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/23614-hsph-olanzapine-and-abilify-reinstating-after-cold-turkey-withdrawal-effect/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-507287

You're removing the drug you take at night for sleep (clozapine) and staying on the drug that makes you sleepy but you take during the day (Olanzapine). This makes no sense. 

Since olanzapine makes you sleepy and you've been on it since September, it makes sense to take that drug at night and to stop the newer antipsychotic (Clozepine) before you become dependent on it. 

You may have poor sleep for awhile, but if you wish to come off these drugs, you'll need to manage the insomnia. 

I cant stand insomnia it triggers multiple panic attack and i cannot handle it. 

I need to sleep, or i will go suicidal. It happens 2 times already. I depended on clozapine now, i need to sleep. 

I will slow taper olanzapine first.

29 minutes ago, Shep said:

Yes i know it doesnt make sense. But i want to taper olanzapine. And clozapine makes me sleep. And clozapine interaction with olanzapine is major. I just wanna die now. I dont know what to do. I cannot stop consuming clozapine. I need to sleep... When everybody is sleeping and the only me not sleeping i am put into panic mode. And feeling sleepy insomnia is triggering my panic attack. 

Please help... :(:(:(

What I Consume Now :  

Please help, how do i sleep without it? 

Is CBD oil safe? Long term effect? 

Does melatonin need blood check? 

What I Consume Now :