☼ Hsph: olanzapine and Abilify - reinstating after cold turkey withdrawal effect

Hsph

3 hours ago, Shep said:

@Hsph Please see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

While you are making the latest drug changes, do NOT add in any supplements or herbal treatments. One change at a time.

Thanks. I dont know how much olanzapine is enough to make me sleep. I cannot sleep tonight... Please help

Should i increase the dose?

2019 seroquel eat 1 day and quit abruptly - no side effect

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October 2020 given additional Abilify 7.5mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

(Clozapine and Olanzapine has 12 hours gap)

11 hours ago, Shep said:

@Hsph Please see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

While you are making the latest drug changes, do NOT add in any supplements or herbal treatments. One change at a time.

Finally i coule sleep last night with olanzapine 0.3mg. let it works and my sleep is better than using clozapine 2.5mg

Hope it will stabilize and i could start taper

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

• Administrator

@Hsph, we do not treat "depression", "bipolar", or insomnia here. We cannot be available if you feel suicidal; being only an Internet site, we cannot respond to emergencies.

If you believe you need drugs to control any of these conditions, this is not a good time for you to taper.

By going cold turkey and then mixing your own drug cocktails, you've gotten yourself into a lot of trouble. We help people taper off drugs. We cannot spend our time untangling voluntary polypharmacy. It's not fair to expect us to help you with your ongoing drug experiments. We're not responsible for the adverse effects you give yourself.

As requested before, please let us know when you've stopped playing around with your drugs and you want to taper them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@Hsph, we do not treat "depression", "bipolar", or insomnia here. We cannot be available if you feel suicidal; being only an Internet site, we cannot respond to emergencies.

If you believe you need drugs to control any of these conditions, this is not a good time for you to taper.

By going cold turkey and then mixing your own drug cocktails, you've gotten yourself into a lot of trouble. We help people taper off drugs. We cannot spend our time untangling voluntary polypharmacy. It's not fair to expect us to help you with your ongoing drug experiments. We're not responsible for the adverse effects you give yourself.

As requested before, please let us know when you've stopped playing around with your drugs and you want to taper them.

Alto Thanks for you reply and reminder. 

i understand.

i dont wanna playing around with my drugs, i was in panicked situation with fear of adverse effect. at that time i want the best solution for my self. 

i really appreciate all of mods helps, and i really make it count. as today i feel a lot better after successfully last night switching clozapine 2.5mg to olanzapine 0.3mg

clozapine and olanzapine has major interaction based on drugs.com

i just need to be consistent with my drugs changes and stabilize my condition. and will let you know when i am ready to taper.

What I Consume Now :  

• Administrator

You will need to stop making drug changes before we can help you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I still on olanzapine 0.3mg cant sleep last night until 5am. I consuming vasayo sleep half doses. Can sleep after 5 am. Wake up at 7.30 am

Panic all the night time. I am tired... Cant help it anymore. Doctor will suggest up the dose. 

I read andy zyprexa story. He made it by upping the dose and taper 25 percent hold for 4 months. And 1.25mg take it every other day for 4 weeks. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I read andy zyprexa story. He made it by upping the dose and taper 25 percent hold for 4 months. And 1.25mg take it every other day for 4 weeks. 

NEVER SKIP DOSES TO TAPER

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Here i make the Drug list with timestamp and details. Please advise.

1 Drugs List 15 Sept - Now.xlsx

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

You have done a very good job with the Excel spreadsheet.  I suggest you continue to keep recording your drugs, supplements and doses for your own record.

I notice that you also started a Liver Detox Vitamin supplement on 4th November 2020.  This is yet another variable in the mix which will only confuse things. 

On 6/16/2011 at 1:28 AM, Altostrata said:

I feel I must point out here that withdrawal symptoms are not due to toxicity, but to the ABSENCE of a drug upon which the body has become dependent. The liver has done its job properly and caused what it can to be excreted.

My belief is that, our bodies and nervous systems being under so much stress from withdrawal, detoxing the liver or any other ritual of purification only adds further stress and doesn't do anything positive for proper withdrawal. (Liver detox was developed for serious, identifiable heavy metal poisoning.) Liver cleansing is one of those things naturopathic medicine routinely recommends for all kinds of ills, with very little evidence it helps any of them. I do not think it's appropriate for withdrawal syndrome.

I suggest that you take a good look at your spreadsheet.  It might help you to realise how much experimenting you are doing with powerful drugs which add chemicals to the brain.

You are adding so many different things into the mix and chopping and changes drugs/supplements and doses that it is impossible for anybody to work out what is going on with your symptoms.

SA provides suggestions to a member.  It is up to the member to decide if they are going to follow those suggestions.  SA does not make a member do what they suggest.  However, SA staff are volunteers who do not get paid and SA is a very busy site.  There are a lot of members who need assistance and have decided to follow the suggestions that SA makes.  These are the members the moderators focus on because they need to make the best use of their time.

You might find other sites more suitable to your current situation, eg patientslikeme.com or depressionforums.org

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I am sorry i do mixed a liver swisse supplement. It just supplement for my fatty liver. 

Now my doctor has the same advise to me like SA did. He said be consistent with your drugs. 

I will consistently taking ny drugs. At least 2 weeks or 1 months. So we will have idea what to do next. I will update again. 

I dont need other website. I think SA is good and suitable for me. It just me need to be consistent and strong to cope with insomnia

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

I suggest that you keep a personal record of your symptoms.  You might find it helpful to rate your symptoms.

There are some printable and computer versions here, and also some blank ones to enter your own.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

• Administrator

Sorry, we don't have a fix for your sleep problems. We cannot counsel you as long as you keep changing drugs, supplements, etc.

If you want to keep your diary in a spreadsheet, put it on Google. I'm not going to download anything.

• 6 months later...

I am back just wanna say thank you to this forum. 

I finally succeed and free from drugs more than 3 months already. 

I got my life back, find a soulmate and we are going to get married next year. Stay on my old job miraculously because of covid. And everything fall into place. After i got second dose of covid 19 doses my new boss comin. 

How i do it :

1. Keep track and consistent with doses but what i did is not suggested in this forum. But i did it. I did taper but fast taper. Its because  My body cant accept the meds. And i feel better whenever i taper down.

2. Get support from family tell then what happen. 

3. Get help from local psychiatrist that really want to help you

i know its really hard

all i can say is : hang on you can do it. The faster you come out from this evil meds the better you can get.

Everytime i recalled it i just say it to my self and my family

*i have been to hell and back!*

im proud of my self and very thankful to my family and what have been given to me in this life. 

i still had sound in my ear and my jaw regularly feels ache and pain. Im not recovered completely but i have got my life back. 

its possible, i know it seems impossible, i have been there. I know. Keep doing what you believe like there's no tomorrow then surely you have tomorrow. English not my mother language. I tried my best to encourage people not to consume this evil drugs. 

i only can regard this drugs as agent of change in my life. A lot of good things come after Storm indeed.

i still have trouble in thinking and working but i ill get it eventually. And you can too. 

What I Consume Now :  

My complete withdrawal diary

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LiDVFiJRz9oIllFES0NsSuut819hoHjD/view?usp=sharing

my complete tapering drug list diary :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5g9TBTQhTHH6U03pM9OFCZ6HOM07ecw/view?usp=sharing

Please keep in mind i only consume these evil drugs only 1 month and suddenly stop. And consume it back to reduce side effects of withdrawal. You can see it clearly on the google sheet. 

Hope i could bring some light and hope to you all in darkness and hell. I can do it. You could do it too. You need to believe and surrender, remember this is a psychological side effect. 

Surrender, acceptance, intense praying, meditation help me big time, i said big time i mean its necessary and really help my recovery tremendously.

Remember surrender, acceptance,pray, meditation.

I really feel big jump from depression when i Find my new love , she is not knowing im in recovery, but i did my best to hide it and keeping up to be normal again, its motivate me and help me tremendously. I am lucky. I guess.

But you will lucky when you believe you will. 

Look online on james althucher on how to be the luckiest guy on the planet. Follow it through.

Oh one more things

What i consume :

breakfast , lunch and dinner :

1. Broccoli

2. Salmon

3. Little bit of rice

4. Mackarel

thats only the food i ate daily for 4 months. I recover rapidly.

and one more thing, most important thing :

i do treadmill 1 hour about 3 to 4km daily. This helps me a lot. Best exercise for brain is cardio. 

i can sleep normally since i do treadmill daily. My life been a big hell. I want to suicide everyday, crying spells and cry a lot. 

but i am back and stronger now. 

cheers. 

What I Consume Now :  

More notes

i am still feeling cramp and ache on my head whenever i work too hard or too tired (too much pressure on psychology). But i dont feel pain or something even i feel super tired on my body. 

headache and cramp only when i feel big burden on my mental / soul / psychology. I am physically fit and healthy now. Only ngg sound on my ear when i am going to sleep. 

What I Consume Now :  

Oh one more thing. 

Read anything you need to quit this drugs on this forum but dont over read it or read this forum everyday. Its not going to help. 

Make your own schedule and go to lake or take a relaxing walk on lake or green place. 

Stay away from online. Dont open this forum / googling about your sickness every minutes. It will definitely makes you dig on your own grave. Stay away from it. Focus on your self focus on your real life. You can do it. It seems super long and longer if you keep reading online about your symptoms. Focus on your self and family. Look up for supporting people in your life. 

Stay offline. Go to trees, lake, or take a relaxing walk on open place. It will help you. Stay calm and easy on yourself. Remember acceptance, surrender to enjoy this suffering as a agent of change. Remember you will get out from this eventually. Dont think too much. Just be present. Cry if you need to, be sad or grumpy about it, but you need realise what your doing. Is it helping your symptoms? If not, then just be responsible with your sickness. Scream it out loud you will come out from this and remember :

1. Be responsible with your life, dont suicide.

2. Care about others, you need to control it. You can do it. You just need to doubled tripled your believe. Its hard but human strength is unlimited, the only limit is our believe.

3. Commitment, commit to yourself. To be healed and happy again. Commit to be independent and strong. 

acceptance, surrender, sincere, genuine, go with the flow. 

note

everytime i taper down i feel withdrawal effect on the third day, and it goes on until 12rd days or 14nd days. 2 weeks of hell and i feel better than before. I feel i got my life back gradually, i feel more feeling, taste, oxigen feels fresher, feels alive than before. Then i taper again. Its repeat. But when you got it all off ( 0 mg ) after 2 weeks no drugs you will definitely better.

1 month after amazing

2 months after its back

3 months almost fully recovered.

i am on going to 4th month i know i can do it. Bright future awaits. :)

Edited by Hsph
More thought.

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

@HsphVery nice series of posts! Glad to read you are doing so well and are leading such a healthy life now. Please continue to post periodic updates letting us know how you're doing. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

• 1 month later...

hans can you check your messages i've sent one, i'm from Indonesia too.. and i have  a same problem as you

Depakote ER = 250 mg (10 June 2021) first precise dose unknown. 

Clozapine      = 25 mg (10 June 2021) first precise dose  unknown. 

Aripriprazole  = 15 mg (10 June 2021) first precise dose unknown. 

Took three of drugs for 28 days in June 2021.

Stopped all cold turkey after 7 July 2021 due to bad reaction of the drugs. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, Ryzaaa said:

hans can you check your messages i've sent one, i'm from Indonesia too.. and i have  a same problem as you

Indonesian herw too.

2 months 50mg zoloft -cold turkey at 1/1/2023

4 months 5mg olanzapine -fast taper 20% each month(10 at 2 weeks, 10 more 2 weeks later) starting at march/2023, then i cold turkey at 3mg