☼ Hsph: olanzapine and Abilify - reinstating after cold turkey withdrawal effect

Hsph

Please HELP 😢 Olanzapine Abilify - reinstating after cold turkey withdrawal effect 

i was misdiagnose as bipolar on 15 september 2020. 

i was taking Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

on 1 october 2020 i was given addition abilify 7.5mg

from 1 october 2020 to 12 october 2020 i am consumed Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at morning and Depakote ER 250mg and abilify 7.5mg at night.

On 12 october i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, so i decided to quit cold turkey without knowing there are withdrawal effect and let my doctor know about it. 

from 12 october 2020 to 26 october 2020

the first week was good, i can sleep and the symptoms gone away(the weigh gain, swollen gum, etc). on the mark 7 days after quit cold turkey i have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms, and severe sleep problems, one night with severe drowsiness( i consume Chlorpheniramine) with hallucinations and force me to wake up in the middle of the night. from that day almost all the withdrawal side effect you can find on the internet happen to me. it was really scary. i cannot sleep and feeling crazy. it makes me crazy from the meds not real me. i still have window to feel sanity after i did hypnotherapy with my therapist she is wonderful. but the window very short time. i still experiencing very heavy nausea in the morning and before bed. 

(two weeks after cold turkey) 24 october severe insomnia attacked me and i am reinstating on Clozapine 2.5 mg, i can sleep now, and could function a little normal, theres a window within a day i feel completely sane and my self again, but the window closes as the night come. 

i struggle daily to cope with this, i do hypnotherapy and crying out loud when session before i can reach the window to my sanity and myself. the therapist give me new identity so i can feel emotion and be myself instantly again. i hope i could recover fast.

from 24 october till today i am having nausea and vomiting  but i still can do exercise.

today 26 october i am having very heavy nausea and vomiting makes me wanna give up and suicide thinking appear. very heavy dying nausea in the morning and light nausea throughout the day and before bed. it makes me unable to exercise today.

PLEASE HELP me any advice for my SEVERE Nausea and tappering off, i wanna drug free please help me, i have been reading this forum everyday from 7th day quitting cold turkey and i really need advice for my condition. 

here are my past and now condition: 

1. i have asthma when i was a child, its done and cured now, i have penicillin drug allergy, i could died if i consume that.

2. i have adhd and consuming Ritalin and its already in the past now.

3. i am having severe gastric uclers and/or (GERD) and i am having problem with my stomach. since i read in this forum stomach is second brain, i really concern about it. 

4. today 26 oct 2020 my doctor give me pantozole 40mg (morning) to reduce the severe gastric uclers and/or (GERD) and SEVERE Nausea with clozapine 2.5 mg (night)

5, i am consuming magnesium 5mg throughout the day and Ashwagandha in the night. 

6. i go to hypnotherapy almost everyday to reduce the symptoms 

7. i do exercise twice a day, 2 hours total. i sweat a lot. 

8. i sometimes do meditation in the night and morning each 1 hour. i keep my self busy.

My Question :

1. Do i have to reinstatement into Abilify or Olanzapine again to reduce the SEVERE Nausea i am experiencing?

the nausea really break me down, i cant focus and suicidal thought.

or the severe nausea is because my brain just adapting to new meds(clozapine) as reinstatement from its siblings(Abilify and Olanzapine). 

but the nausea getting worse each day!

2. what should i do to safely tapering off the drugs? should i tapper clozapine direcly or just consume it for sometime, if yes for how long? please help i want out from this meds ASAP. 

3. please any advice or suggestion to help my life, i ve been suffering so much i cannot bear this. thank you. 

4. is it safe to consume Ashwagandha in the night ?

5. my doctor give me depakote 250 mg again, but i read on the internet it will cause damage because of the drug interaction. is it true?

thank you for your any help, this forum been so helpful in my dire strait of my life. thank you! 

Edited by Shep
added new username

2019 seroquel eat 1 day and quit abruptly - no side effect

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October 2020 given additional Abilify 7.5mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

(Clozapine and Olanzapine has 12 hours gap)

• ChessieCat changed the title to REAL NAME???: olanzapine and Abilify - reinstating after cold turkey withdrawal effect
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to SA,

To get you started, please create your drug signature following these instructions.  Please include ALL DRUGS/supplements even if you no longer take them:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature
Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

One of the other moderators will assist as soon as they can.

This is your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions about your own situation (moderators regularly check for new posts made by members in the Introduction forum) and where you can journal your progress.  Doing this will help to keep all your history in one place and means that you will not need to repeat your history whenever you post.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Can i consume olanzapine 0.6mg (for taper) in the morning and clozapine 2.5mg in the night. 12 hours gap. Thx u 

15 September to 01 october 2020 Remital(olanzapine 5 mg) at night and Depakote ER 250mg

01 October to 12 october 2020 i consumed Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg) in the morning and Depakote ER(forgot ER or not) 500mg and Abilify 7.5mg at night.

12 October 2020 i QUIT COLD TURKEY Remital(Olanzapine 5 mg), Depakote ER 250mg and Abilify 7.5mg  because i experience severe side effect, weigh gain, swollen gum and hands, without knowing there are withdrawal effect and i do not let my doctor know about it. 
24 October 2020 severe insomnia attacked me and severe panic attack with severe anxiety and i consume Clozapine 2.5 mg

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine (27 oct 0.5mg) (28 oct 0.3mg) (29 oct 0.3mg)  Afternoon : ( 2 NovDepakote 250mg (3 NovDepakote 125mg , magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha(not everyday) and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (24 - 29 oct) Clozapine (30 Oct 1.875mg ; 31 Oct 1.25mg ; 1 Nov back to 2.2mg failed) (2 Nov to 3 Nov )now back to 2.5mg (since 4 Nov Switched to Olanzapine 0.3mg) 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Hsph said:

2. i have adhd and consuming Ritalin and its already in the past now.

Hi, Hsph. Welcome to SA from me, too

Please let us know your complete psychiatric drug history. When did you take Ritalin? At what dose? 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Hi, Hsph. Welcome to SA from me, too

Please let us know your complete psychiatric drug history. When did you take Ritalin? At what dose? 

Last time i took ritalin was 15 years ago when i was in middle school grade 3. The dose i dont remember because i just tool whatever my parents give me. Im sorry i dont have any complete information on this yet, i will ask my parent if they remembered. 

I wanna ask one question:

Now i have hypersensitive towards medicine. I want to taper ( reinstatement) olanzapine then abilify.

Firstly i want taper olanzapine first since it does not give me bad side effect(proven 15 sep 2020 to 1 oct 2020)

Can i take olanzapine 0.5mg in the morning and take clozapine 2.5mg in the night?

With 12 hours gap between them. Is it safe?

I have major stomach spasm that unbearable and in addition to my stomach uclers i need to take additional medicine. This is why i want to taper olanzapine. I think it caused by olanzapine / abilify.

I have read online olanzapine and clozapine has major interaction. https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/clozapine-with-olanzapine-709-0-1744-0.html#:~:text=cloZAPine OLANZapine,-Applies to%3A clozapine&text=CloZAPine may occasionally cause serious,OLANZapine may increase the risk.

Please if anyone knows about these interaction let me know...  

Thanks in advance. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I did send message to shep, i need to change to HSPH as a nickname

I didn't receive a PM, but per your request here on your thread, I went ahead and changed your username. Please note you are now Hsph. 

9 minutes ago, Hsph said:

Last time i took ritalin was 15 years ago when i was in middle school grade 3. The dose i dont remember because i just tool whatever my parents give me. Im sorry i dont have any complete information on this yet, i will ask my parent if they remembered. 

That's okay. 15 years ago is a very long time, so I doubt that has much importance to what you're going through now. Thanks for your explanation. 

12 minutes ago, Hsph said:

Can i take olanzapine 0.5mg in the morning and take clozapine 2.5mg in the night?

In your signature, you state -  24 oct 2020 - severe insomnia attacked me and i am reinstating on Clozapine 2.5 mg, till now i am on clozapine 2.5mg to taper off. 

By using the word "reinstate" that means you were on clozapine before. Is that correct?

Questions - 

• Were you on any psychiatric drugs prior to September 15, 2020, that led to your misdiagnosis of bipolar? If so, please list the names and doses. 
  • Were you taking Clozapine before October 24, 2020? 

I am not in drugs before 15 sep 2020. I just has bad habit in this pandemic and lead to depression and i just went to psychiatrist. I learn the hard way. 

Never taking clozapine. I just took clozapine just few days ago when the panic attack combined with severe insomnia.

I write reinstatement because i was taking antipsychotic before and i reinstate in their *siblings*. I want to reinstate abilify and olanzapine to taper off. But i will taper olanzapine first, since it doesnt give me bad side effect. And then abilify. I will still consuming clozapine since it makes me sleep. I need sleep so much. 

Please if you have any advice or any warning / danger please let me know. 

Tomorrow morning i will take 0.5mg olanzapine(taper minimal dose since i hypersensitive now) and night 2.5mg clozapine. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

What I Consume Now :  

i did kick boxing this afternoon , feel much better. 

i feel my self again now. these 2 days i only feel sane only half day, in the morning i feel SEVERE nausea and stomach spasm and real bad condition, suicidal thought.

i feel sane only when around 13.00 afternoon to night time. and i think that because i took omeprazole in the morning that interact with clozapine. that cause me feel nausea and stomach spasm(not sure, maybe this one is withdrawal effect). 

i will not take omeprazole tomorrow and lets see if it working. 

time to sleep now, i took 2.5mg clozapine already,.

thank you for fast respone it really help me! 

i feel much better now. 

What I Consume Now :  

I woke up this morning still feeling dizzy and nausea, i havent consume any omeprazole/lanzoprazole. Hope the nausea will gone away. I will consume olanzapine 0.2 - 0.5 mg today hope to reduce the overall withdrawal symptoms (dont know how much i should take since i feel hypersensitive now, so i just take 1/10 of minimal dosage just like clozapine 2.5mg) 

Please advise and let me know @shep @brassmonkey

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hsph, I'm compiling a list of your drugs from your signature:

15 september 2020 - Remital / Zyprexa (olanzapine 5 mg) and Depakote ER 250 mg

1 october 2020 to 12 october 2020  Remital/ Zyprexa (olanzapine 5 mg) at morning and Depakote ER 250mg and abilify 7.5mg at night

12 october 2020 quit cold turkey 
24 oct 2020 Clozapine 2.5 mg

Currently taking  Morning : omeprazole (for GERD)  afternoon : magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha and before sleep clozapine 2.5mg

Questions -

• did the olanzapine and Depakote help you sleep? 
  • when did the stomach problems start? Did you have these problems prior to going on psychiatric drugs? 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Hsph, I'm compiling a list of your drugs from your signature:

Questions -

• did the olanzapine and Depakote help you sleep? 
  • when did the stomach problems start? Did you have these problems prior to going on psychiatric drugs? 

did the olanzapine and Depakote help you sleep? 

olanzapine and depakote did help me to sleep took few hours, but not as fast as clozapine. 

when did the stomach problems start?

stomach problem (spasm and nausea) start around 12 days after quit cold turkey.

Did you have these problems prior to going on psychiatric drugs? 

the stomach problem(GERD/Uclers) already exist before i took psychiatric drugs. its have been years.

Shep do you have any suggestion on tappering 1 antipsychotic while taking another antipsychotic. 

i am currently taking

Olanzapine 0.5mg in the morning(11.00 AM)

Clozapine 2.5mg in the night(10:00 AM)

12 hours gap

i read those two antipsychotic drugs has major interaction, i just want to taper Olanzapine in 1 week then stopped, then i will taper abilify for 1 week. 

is that possible? or its too fast?

i am in hypersensitive state , and i took the lowest dose possible. how long i could taper it ? 

i want to be drug free as soon as possible. 

please advise me

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Hsph said:

i am currently taking

Olanzapine 0.5mg in the morning(11.00 AM)

Clozapine 2.5mg in the night(10:00 AM)

12 hours gap

Please update your signature. Right now, it states you quit Olanzepine and Depakote cold turky on October 12. You also don't have olanzepine in the line that states "what I consume now." 

When did you reinstate the olanzepine? 

We really need this information before giving you advice. 

Your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Or you can place this information in a post if you can't get it in your signature. But we do need this information. 

26 minutes ago, Shep said:

Please update your signature. Right now, it states you quit Olanzepine and Depakote cold turky on October 12. You also don't have olanzepine in the line that states "what I consume now." 

We really need this information before giving you advice. 

Your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Or you can place this information in a post if you can't get it in your signature. But we do need this information. 

Shep Thanks again for your fast reply! ,  i really need your advise. 

today 27 October 2020

i already update my signature and what "i consume now part",  please take a look at it again. 

Thank you !! your help really can save my life, i am in constant fear and anxious about my future. 

What I Consume Now :  

Should i STOP reinstating on Olanzapine  

what i feel after Reinstating on Olanzapine 0.5mg

A. 2 hours after i took Olanzapine 0.5mg my head feel wired and dizzy, feel a moderately hard to breathing and drowsy

B. 10 hours after i took Olanzapine still feel a little wired and dizzy and feeling HARD TO BREATH

What I Consume Now :  

Morning : since 27 oct 2020 Reinstating on Olanzapine 0.5mg  Afternoon : magnesium 5mg 3 times Night : ashwagandha and before sleep Clozapine 2.5mg (Clozapine and Olanzapine has 12 hours gap)

Because the adverse effect Should i stop reinstating on Olanzapine ? how long i should reinstate ? 3 days ? 1 week ?

Do i still need to reinstate on abilify?

please advise me.

What I Consume Now :  

• Administrator

Hello, Hsph. Is your doctor a psychiatrist?

On 10/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, Hsph said:

(two weeks after cold turkey) 24 october severe insomnia attacked me and i am reinstating on Clozapine 2.5 mg, i can sleep now, and could function a little normal, theres a window within a day i feel completely sane and my self again, but the window closes as the night come. 

Have you been vomiting since you started clozapine? What time of day do you take clozapine, and what time of day do you usually vomit?

Clozapine has only an 8-hour half-life. It was wearing off during the day, that is why you were feeling worse in the evening before you took it again.

How are you feeling with the addition of 0.5mg olanzapine? What times of day (o'clock) do you take it and clonzapine?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Hsph. Is your doctor a psychiatrist?

Have you been vomiting since you started clozapine? What time of day do you take clozapine, and what time of day do you usually vomit?

Clozapine has only an 8-hour half-life. It was wearing off during the day, that is why you were feeling worse in the evening before you took it again.

How are you feeling with the addition of 0.5mg olanzapine? What times of day (o'clock) do you take it and clonzapine?

Yes my doctor is psychiatrist

I think vomiting because withdrawal effect and empty stomach as well as interactiom between lanzoprazole/omeprazole and clozapine, it getting better now, since i dont take ome/lanzoprazole anymore. 

I took clozapine during the night time around 22.30 PM. 

Vomitting/nausea around morning time 6.00 AM - 10.00 AM. I think its. Because the effect of clozapine wearing off. 

what i feel after Reinstating on Olanzapine 0.5mg

A. 2 hours after i took Olanzapine 0.5mg my head feel wired and dizzy, feel a moderately hard to breathing and drowsy

B. 10 hours after i took Olanzapine still feel a little wired and dizzy and feeling HARD TO BREATH

C. Because i exercise i feel better at night just a moderate agitation and moderate anxiety

I took olanzapine 0.5mg at 11.00 AM. And clozapine at 22.30 (PM). Theres 12 hours gap. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Administrator

You're not vomiting any more?

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You're not vomiting any more?

yes i still vomiting, i feel nausea and feeling wants to vomiting when i wake up (empty stomach) with worry thought.

i also feel nausea and vomiting when i put stuff(water or food) inside my stomach for the first time after a while. 

today (28 october 2020) the nausea feeling reduced.  but still intense enough to make me feeling like hell. i practice acceptance and compassion, it helps me a lot.

What I Consume Now :  

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

what i feel after Reinstating on Olanzapine 0.5mg

B. 10 hours after i took Olanzapine still feel a little wired and dizzy and feeling HARD TO BREATH

C. Because i exercise i feel better at night just a moderate agitation and moderate anxiety

Edited by ChessieCat
darkened text

What I Consume Now :  

• Administrator

Please read my questions carefully and answer them completely.

What times of day (o'clock) do you take olanzapine and clozapine?

Do you feel better or worse now that you're taking olanzapine again?

44 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please read my questions carefully and answer them completely.

What times of day (o'clock) do you take olanzapine and clozapine?

Do you feel better or worse now that you're taking olanzapine again?

Olanzapine 11:00 AM 

Clozapine 22.30 PM

i feel worse after taking olanzapine especially 2 hours after taking it. 

What I Consume Now :  

My condition now from 26 oct 2020 to 29 oct 2020 after 2 days consuming Clozapine to today

1. I can sleep each day, but the difficulty to sleep increase each day, its harder to sleep. 

2. I have little acne blister that hurt when touched in my case the blister add up 1 blister each day : 

26 oct 2020 - one blister above my lips

27 oct 2020 (i reinstate olanzapine on this day) - one blister on my left forehead

28 oct 2020 - one blister below my belly button

3. 28 oct 2020 - before sleep i feel my arms is hot and like less blood runing through it at night

4. 28 oct 2020 - tardive movement on my mouth jaw (never before) 3 times

5. 29 oct 2020 - Morning - i feel more intense feeling on nausea than yesterday but very short. 

should i stop reinstate on olanzapine? or wait until 1 week mark? i made mistake on consuming 2 antipsychotic at the same time. in result i dont know which one is causing my problem.  

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded

What I Consume Now :  

I always sweating a lot since WD effect taking place. and feeling SEVERE Nausea when i feel fear, anxiety. and i just crying now, i feel severely bad this morning

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Hsph said:

should i stop reinstate on olanzapine? or wait until 1 week mark? i made mistake on consuming 2 antipsychotic at the same time. in result i dont know which one is causing my problem.  

Did you have these symptoms when you first started olanzapine back in September? It may be hard to compare because you were also on Depakote. 

9 hours ago, Hsph said:

My condition now from 26 oct 2020 to 29 oct 2020 after 2 days consuming Clozapine to today

1. I can sleep each day, but the difficulty to sleep increase each day, its harder to sleep. 

After only two days, it's safe to stop the Clozapine cold turkey, especially if it's not helping with sleep. 

38 minutes ago, Shep said:

Did you have these symptoms when you first started olanzapine back in September? It may be hard to compare because you were also on Depakote. 

After only two days, it's safe to stop the Clozapine cold turkey, especially if it's not helping with sleep. 

Had no symptoms in September.

I consume clozapine from 24 september until today ( 5 days ) and its helping me sleep.

Until when i can safely quit cold turkey? 

I still have trouble sleeping. 

I feel fine most of the time now, just severe nausea and tingling sensation when i was panicked or super anxious. Its kinda Bearable. 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, Hsph said:

just severe nausea and tingling sensation when i was panicked or super anxious.

There is a labelled diagram on this webpage which explains what different sensations you might feel when anxious.  Understanding that these sensations are caused by the anxiety can help you not to get so scared about what you are feeling.  I have found that doing concentrated deep (belly) breathing and focusing on my tummy going in and out really helps.

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

These are also very good:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Anxiety Stuff - all kinds of stuff about anxiety attacks and things that help ...

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Hsph said:

3 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I consume clozapine from 24 september until today ( 5 days ) and its helping me sleep.

Until when i can safely quit cold turkey? 

You stated that even with the Clozapine, "its harder to sleep" and then you state "its helping me sleep." Is it becoming less effective for sleep? 

After 5 days, it's safe to just stop or you could reduce by 25% each night for the next 4 nights as a rapid taper. 

If Clozapine is not helping you sleep (or is becoming less effective), you may wish to stop it before you develop dependency. 

Regarding the olanzapine, it can take 4 days for your nervous system to register a reinstatement and several weeks for your system to adapt to it. Please see:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

15 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I feel fine most of the time now, just severe nausea and tingling sensation when i was panicked or super anxious. Its kinda Bearable. 

Please see @ChessieCat 's post above with some great non-drug coping skills. 

Hsph, I really think you're going to be fine. You haven't been on these drugs long, so if you can just deal with the insomnia and daytime anxiety using non-drug coping skills, you'll not only survive this, but you'll develop some great tools to help you cope with everything in your life after you heal. 

If it were me, I'd stop the Clozapine before dependency sets in and give the olanzapine reinstatement time to work. 

Please post your thoughts on this. 

11 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

There is a labelled diagram on this webpage which explains what different sensations you might feel when anxious.  Understanding that these sensations are caused by the anxiety can help you not to get so scared about what you are feeling.  I have found that doing concentrated deep (belly) breathing and focusing on my tummy going in and out really helps.

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

These are also very good:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Anxiety Stuff - all kinds of stuff about anxiety attacks and things that help ...

Thanks a lot it means a lot to me ! 

What I Consume Now :  

5 minutes ago, Shep said:

You stated that even with the Clozapine, "its harder to sleep" and then you state "its helping me sleep." Is it becoming less effective for sleep? 

After 5 days, it's safe to just stop or you could reduce by 25% each night for the next 4 nights as a rapid taper. 

If Clozapine is not helping you sleep (or is becoming less effective), you may wish to stop it before you develop dependency. 

Regarding the olanzapine, it can take 4 days for your nervous system to register a reinstatement and several weeks for your system to adapt to it. Please see:

Hsph, I really think you're going to be fine. You haven't been on these drugs long, so if you can just deal with the insomnia and daytime anxiety using non-drug coping skills, you'll not only survive this, but you'll develop some great tools to help you cope with everything in your life after you heal. 

If it were me, I'd stop the Clozapine before dependency sets in and give the olanzapine reinstatement time to work. 

Thanks a lot Shep. Finally i have a bright light. 

What I Consume Now :  

7 minutes ago, Shep said:

Shep / Cheesiecat do you have any advice on how to encounter insomnia without drugs? 

Do i need taper abilify? I only take abilify for 12 days

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Hsph said:

Shep / Cheesiecat do you have any advice on how to encounter insomnia without drugs? 

Do i need taper abilify? I only take abilify for 12 days

Please see this thread on insomnia:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Wearing a sleep mask to block out light can be helpful. Make sure you're avoiding caffeine and alcohol, limiting sugar, and eating healthy foods throughout the day. Also, be sure you're drinking plenty of water so you're not getting dehydrated. 

Please update your signature. You don't have Abilify listed in your signature for the "What I Consume Now," so I thought you were no longer on it. 

You mention going on it on October 1 and then going off it October 12. According to your recent post,  you went back on it October 17 (12 days ago). Please add this here:

Account Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Please list what time(s) of day you are taking each of your drugs and supplements and the dose. 

How does Abilify make you feel? Sleepy, anxious, or no different? 

21 minutes ago, Shep said:

Please see this thread on insomnia:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Wearing a sleep mask to block out light can be helpful. Make sure you're avoiding caffeine and alcohol, limiting sugar, and eating healthy foods throughout the day. Also, be sure you're drinking plenty of water so you're not getting dehydrated. 

Please update your signature. You don't have Abilify listed in your signature for the "What I Consume Now," so I thought you were no longer on it. 

You mention going on it on October 1 and then going off it October 12. According to your recent post,  you went back on it October 17 (12 days ago). Please add this here:

Account Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Please list what time(s) of day you are taking each of your drugs and supplements and the dose. 

How does Abilify make you feel? Sleepy, anxious, or no different? 

I no longer on abilify , I am not consuming abilify now. The signature is correct. 

I mean i was consuming abilify from 1 oct to 12 oct. Do i need to reinstate too? 

What I Consume Now :  

Another info Clozapine does somehow makes me sleep, but its harder to sleep each night.

My hands was too warm like tingling sensation last night. And its hard to sleep. But i slept anyway. 

And i develop one acne each day since i took clozapine. 

What I Consume Now :  

Another info Clozapine does somehow makes me sleep, but its harder to sleep each night.

My hands was too warm like tingling sensation last night. And its kinda hard to sleep. But i slept anyway. 

And i develop one acne each day since i took clozapine. 

And since i took Olanzapine 0.3 to 0.4mg(not sure since it liquid) my throat very dry and my nape feel little tension. Is it adverse effect? Or just normal side effect? Should i fast taper ? 

What I Consume Now :  

• Moderator Emeritus
41 minutes ago, Hsph said:

I mean i was consuming abilify from 1 oct to 12 oct. Do i need to reinstate too? 

Thanks. I understand now. No, I wouldn't reinstate the Abilify. You're already taking two other antipsychotics. 

9 minutes ago, Hsph said:

And since i took Olanzapine 0.3 to 0.4mg(not sure since it liquid) my throat very dry and my nape feel little tension. Is it adverse effect? Or just normal side effect? Should i fast taper ? 

Let's see how you feel after you stop making drug changes. Please decide whether or not you wish to continue on the Clozapine and then reassess after a few days. 

4 minutes ago, Shep said:

Thanks. I understand now. No, I wouldn't reinstate the Abilify. You're already taking two other antipsychotics. 

Let's see how you feel after you stop making drug changes. Please decide whether or not you wish to continue on the Clozapine and then reassess after a few days. 

I updated my signature on reinstatement olanzapine. I added :

27 oct 2020 0.5mg my head feel wired

28 oct 2020 0.3mg reduce dose to 0.3 mg feel better but still not feeling good.

29 oct 2020 0.3mg feeling sleepy after taking one and half hour. And still having moderate anxiety. But calmer and feel good. 

What I Consume Now :