SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

mini -- celexa, want to cut down

Hi this is Mini. I need help and knowledge about how to wean down slowly from 40 mg of celexa without getting brain zaps. Thank you.

Hi Mini...

I too just started a taper down from 40mgs. Celexa. Before I began the members here were kind, experienced and informed.

I did a taper from Lexapro a few years back. It was miserable.

This time it isn't bad. Purchased the liquid. Alto showed me the ratio of 2mgs. Celexa = 1mL liquid Celexa. On the oral syringe I drop 1/5mL at a time which is a very tiny amount.

Doing it this way has kept WD symptoms down to a minimum. I was also told that 40mgs. is way over the top. I had terrible anxiety on the 40mgs. As I decreased the anxiety actually got better. It's alot less.

Wait in between drops in dose. I could have waited longer in between drops. As we go lower in doses, we generally need to wait longer between drops and lessen the cuts.

The others will be along to help you out.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Hi, mini, welcome.

Here are Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram)

As Nikki says, the liquid makes it easier.

We suggest reducing very gradually, at 10% of your last dose per month, so you don't get withdrawal symptoms. That would be an initial increase for you of 4mg.

If 10% per month for a couple of months gives you no symptoms, you might be able to go a little faster.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.