jamest: took generic Paxil / paroxetine for 7 days seems like random nerve pain

jamest

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Are you under a treatment order?

I am not sure what you mean I did sign a contract.

the only thing I know is I'm supposed to take the ADHD med everyday but whereas I had a bunch of side effects from the paxil I did not think that I could take it because it would make me feel funny. I would assume like with any med if you stop taking it then they will stop giving it to you and be upset.

I do not really know how it works I just know that it is a class two substance so I have to show an ID when I go to pick it up and they used to piss test for it now they just do a swab every other month i am guessing a new method

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

10/16/2020 resumed the ADHD medication. 

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Would you mind telling us how old you are please?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

i am around 37 years old i should prolly add that to my signature.

Sorry if i do not seem like  i am with it my body seems to be still adjusting i would think from that paxil med the only other thing i quit is cannabis cold turkey.

I woke up today back of my head sore and some numbness in my right hand

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

You're not answering the questions that are being asked.

What happened during the seven days you took paxil? What were your symptoms? Why did you stop? How did you stop?

How long have you been taking the Vyvanse? Why are you taking it? How often? How much? How and when did you stop?

Why are they doing a swab test to check compliance? Are you under a court order to take the medications?

How old are you? Are you a minor living at your parents? Are you in custody or hospitalized?

This is all basic information we need to try and sort out what is going on. Your are taking two very powerful drugs that can be dangerous if taken together and throwing a variety of other "drugs" into the mix that really complicate things. With out this information we can not help you.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

i have clearly said multiply times in a post what happen i can repeat myself again .

But try that with a doctor yourself and they will get upset the last time i saw my doctor and tried to tell him how i felt different days he just got pissed if people want a small novel ill give that no problem

What happened during the seven days you took paxil?

What were your symptoms?

Why did you stop?

How did you stop?

How long have you been taking the Vyvanse?

Why are you taking it?

How often?

How much?

How and when did you stop?

Why are they doing a swab test to check compliance?

Are you under a court order to take the medications?

How old are you?

Are you a minor living at your parents?

Are you in custody or hospitalized?

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus
48 minutes ago, jamest said:

i have clearly said multiply times in a post what happen i can repeat myself again .

if people want a small novel ill give that no problem

We do not want a small novel.  What we want is clear answers to the list of questions which have been asked.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Right thats what i was trying to figure out i had to sign i piece of paper to recieve treatment the meds the stimulant all i know is they must check for compliance like you said they used to make people pee in a cup and most likely check for levels as well as see whats in your system as far as other things like if you were abusing some street drug then they would prolly shut you off or whatever the case is

Now they started swabbing people because i guess it is a cheaper way i dont really know and i do not know how that test works and what they look for the women who did it said they dont look for stds or any other thing its just to check for the drug so i was told. i could care less if they check for heroin or cocaine or sub or some other poison as i do not use any drugs or abuse but they did not seem like they wanted to say exactly what the swab test can do.

I had a problem for several days after smoking in my room one night  i almost fainted once i had to goto the hospital i was getting hot flashes ect waking up after like 2 hours or 3 feeling anxious. 

i think to myself what if my blood sugar level is high or something so i have them check that while i am there they dont say anything negative about the test.   

They say i seem fairly anxious and  offer some  hydroxzine they say that i seem fairly that this drug should help as a first line of defence

they send me on my way no other tests are orders or anything so at this point i know nothing i take one of those pills antihistamine hydroxzine  after i get discharged about 2 mins later i feel somewhat better some of that good feeling could be due to the fact i was in the hospital i felt safer i dont really know about 20 mins later i feel pretty good and normal. 

so i decide to go get some chinese food try to get some sleep its very limited maybe 2 hours hear or there up most of the night. 

I still feel like crap this is now 7 days after stopping smoking. 

however the problem dident really go away i ended up crying one day then after that it seemed like i felt alit bit normal not as worried but a day or 2 later worried again.

i tell my doctor office they end up saying well since you know someone who took paxil we will try that so next thing you know they got me on that so i take it for several days i feel like i am having horrible side effects i decide to stop taking it after just 6-7 days.

How i stopped paroxitine well when i did not seem to like how i felt i decided this is too much so the next day i took one half of pill of the 20mg and then nothing since.

Like i stated i was not told by anyone how bad paxil could really be it was down played and i was not told how to try and get off paxl in anyway i had to read the pharm instructions notes after i felt really horrible  i even called my doctors office and spoke to someone and told them i was having problems like chest pains  nerve pain and that i wanted to stop only thing they said was ok ill let the doctor know not one single word of advice or mention that i should not cold  turkey seemed like quackery. not even a call back from the doctor saying that was not advised.

i was misinformed and misread some of the info i found which did not help things

During those 7 days i had cramping in my legs nerve like pain in my hands between my thumbs and finger to the left my left foot had nerve pain aswell.   My chest hurt almost like a sore muscle it stopped one day then moved to the middle of my chest i also had blurry vison which seemed worse then from weed or my normal vison without glasses dry mouth light headed weird heart beats sometimes fast beating i had some kind of a rash aswell which the doctor agreed some type of maybe yeast rash the same doctor lady that gave me the paxil told me this so i began rubbing the antifungal cream i had for feet on it.     My skin also seemed some what red now which i did not notice before the paxil and seemed like until later when i got off of it several weeks later i became concerned more its like i noticed it more now.

I also had some pain in the back of the neck left side and like shoulder pain almost like i had lifted something wrong but has now seemed to have went away .

I end up going to the er for the pain  in the chest doctor there says thats a muscle from anxiety it is alil tight thats all  no heart problems or anything says see ya after like 10 mins.

i start to feel better after leaving hospital   chest pain kinda goes away it almost seems like once someone tells me what the problem i think i have most likely is i feel better almost like it stops.

for 4 days after it was hell headaches chest pain hard to breath restlest legs cramping numbness in both legs nerve pain in the hand  I felt like i had a stroke at some point after about 5 days pain is only in left leg glutes then one night after the debate eye goes black on left side cant really see out of it good i get worried then like a day later vision returns to normal next thing you know genitals feel numb on one side lucky after a couple days it goes away. 

Now i dont know if all of this was caused by cannabis alone but the med they gave me seemed to have bad side effects i am still recovering have not smoked in 2 weeks however seems like i am having nerve problems that come and go i try to get help at my local doctors office but they dismiss everything i say wont order any tests.

i should add that i could not get good sleep for several days after the cannabis panic attack  the first 3 days after smoking were hell did not know what to do so i ended up taking some med from 3 years ago a counseler gave me clonodine 0.1 mg i took one at night and it seemed to calm me down enough to be able to get 4–5 hours of sleep but i was waking up hot flashes sweating still i used the med for 3 days seemed like most of the anxiexty was at night . 

I still did not feel quite right after 4 days so i went to the walk in clinic they say oh everything seems fine your just anxious you seem so i say well ok maybe they say see ya thats all . 
now at this point i am  calling  my doctors office they get ahold of me 2 days later it seems every time they are not sure what to do but say if i dont feel better to goto the er room so one night i do that . 

i think to myself what if my blood sugar level is high or something so i have them check that while i am there they dont say anything negative about the test i get that hydroxzine they send me on my way no other tests are orders or anything so at this point i know nothing i take one of those pills antihistamine hydroxzine  after i get discharged about 2 mins later i feel somewhat better some of that good feeling could be due to the fact i was in the hospital i felt safer. 
so i decide to go get some chinese food try to get some sleep its very limited maybe 2 hours hear or there up most of the night. 

I still feel like crap this is now 7 days after stopping smoking. 

Now i think i should mention that i seemed to feel somewhat better the day after the panic but still alil off i decided to go smoke the last little piece with a friend in a blunt about noon they put in half i seemed ok after until they went to drop me off at my driveway then the feeling of the night before started to come back doom nervousness hard to breath ect. not quite as bad as the original panic. anyone reading this do not continue to smoke the offending product get rid of it right away.

What originally happen was that i went to the store got some burger king  and a tobbaco wrap blunt for cannabis came home ate the food then decided to roll up i ended up smoking half the blunt around 10pm of this purple runts weed then around 1 am i decided to light up the other half all the sudden i am staring at my tv screen reading an article online next thing you know vision gets really blurry i start to panic i jump up out of my chair chest is pounding feels like i cant breath i feel dizzy start pacing around.

I should mention i had been using cannabis for 25 years never had a problem.

I go out and take a walk still feel really off i message a guy on facebook he says i need water lots of it so i get several bottles drink up and still feeling of doom almost like something was in my throat its now 230 am i message guy he says maybe warm shower so i try that i end up feeling better it seems but still worried i eventually  fall asleep for a few hours  get up around 930 am . then make the mistake of meeting up with a friend and finishing the stuff off.

long story anyways i know but here i am 3–4 weeks later and i still feel off i have cut caffiene drinks and recently started having just one cup of coffee a day. 
But i feel like i need some testing done which no one listens too.

On the positive it seems like i have been able to get sleep naturally with no meds for 6 days 7–8 hours.

Now i dont know if my problem was 100% the kind of cannabis or how i consumed i may have some other overlooked health condition that crept up on me as well i am no medical doctor however i do know that a kid told me he tried to investigate what might cause his problem so he could continue to smoke like trying to eat before or whatever and the problem is still there nothing has worked so far obviously this has nothing to do with my main concern here with the ad but this is part of what i previously wrote from what was said in a group some kid panicked off weed and could not smoke because of that again and he had thought maybe it was something else instead and that if he could fix that maybe he could resume smoking which obviously nothing worked.

Now i have been noticing the red skin and the burning face more then when i used paxil maybe because at first it was mostly nerve type problems that seemed severe maybe that was why. 

Mostly what i notice as of the 15th of november today is like pylem in the back of my throat at times where i have to clear my throat at times occasional drip from the left side of nose slight finger and hand  arm numbness almost like a funny bone type feeling in the right arm most of this wierd feeling  is on the right pinky finger side of hand and arm and red skin more so in face .

Now when i wake up i have sorta a dry type scratchy itch throat eyes maybe alil dry nose kind of stuffy atleast in one nostril i use a humidafier at night as forced hot air heat is kind of dry my room stays around 55-65 humidity.

i have to clear the corners of my eyes near my nose out which i have always done for years because of the typical small  green crusty things most people get after sleeping in the eyes.

My hands sometimes feel numb sometimes it is just in a couple of fingers other times it is in both hands seems like once i wake up and move around it kinda goes away most of the day sometimes a muscle in my arm or leg seems alil sore.

The past week of november i have been getting occasional twitching of muscles and off and on this month i have been getting some type of pain not quite sure if it is a cramp on the right side of my chest/ribs side of peck under my right arm pit area it seems to come and go during the day/night i sometimes have some back pain which comes and goes in a different areas i have also noticed my stomach making weird noises occasionally no real notice of heart burn so far  .

I try to go out and take a walk atleast 5 days out of 7 as well as do some push ups and i also hit the bench press every so often.

I do not know if i am over doing myself maybe somedays i feel like i have energy and i want to get up and do somethings outside and make money positive other days i can barely get up its like i want to sleep till 1pm  i try to get to bed by atleast 1am but sometimes i cannot get to sleep till 330 am other i can fall asleep by 130am. Some days even being up till 330 am i can still get up at 1030am others its struggle i wake up somewhat foggy in the head blurry vison. I also use normal eye drops 3-4 times a day which can get expensive seems like they do somewhat help.

To sum this up obviously i have had a head injury or 2 when i was younger also i do not know if something serious health wise is causing a problem with my body im about 5,7 162 lbs should be fairly healthy the doctor tells me last time i had a check up was around june of 2019 no blood work has been done sense no mri no ekg no nothing.

Most people they order a bunch of tests that find nothing or cost extra money wasted and when you goto a hospital they often times up here where i live will not do much but take blood pressure  and check your lungs and listen to your heart nothing more i had to ask one time about my blood sugar level for them to check it. the only issue i was aware of is that my bad chlorestorol was kinda high during that check up in 2019. since this whole panic attack thing i have cut down going out to eat at the fast food places so i am hopeful that should help lower plus walking around more.

I have also been using some selsun blue shampoo for the last 2 weeks for the skin redness not sure if that is doing anything it might be.

I want to believe i am getting better overall and not worry but its like everyone says some days are better things come and go . 

My problem is most people i talk to just dont seem to understand what i tell them they do not think that 7 days of a med would cause problems for as long as i had them its like as if most people think that one you stop a med everything instantly gets better or should  so its hard dealing with talking about this to others around me or in public. 

I should mention that i had another relative  take the drug for 2 weeks like told and did not like it ended up going cold turkey and claimed they are 100% fine nothing happened this was a female i do not know if getting off symptoms are worse for males or whatever the case i guess everyone is different.

Anyways i hope people like my short story i actually had to use my brain and several hours just to try and get this right also i know the cannabis parts seemed to have strayed off topic i am sorry for that but i felt like i had to include those parts so everyone could understand better how i ended up in this situation. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

We do not want a small novel.  What we want is clear answers to the list of questions which have been asked.

Please answer each of the questions below nice and simply without all the additional and unnecessary details.

SA is a very busy site with lots of members needing assisting.  The moderators are unpaid volunteers and give freely of their time helping other people.  Their time is valuable and when we request information in a particular format there is a reason for it.    The moderators are also either going through their own tapering/withdrawal or are now post-tapering but still need to take care of themselves.

In this case we are trying to save our time by not having to read through your posts to get the information we need.  If it was only one of two things then it would be okay, but there is a lot of information that we are trying to get answers to and in order to assist you we need you to help us by providing what we ask in the format we have asked for it.

If you don't do as we have requested, you may receive a warning point.

As for the vyvanse med i normally take a 20mg capsule and i have been taking it as needed i am supposed to take that everyday once a day i have been on it for atleast a year have not noticed anything negative i just seem to feel normal from it  no weird side effects ever

i would take the stuff sometimes twice a week or 4 times a week depend on if i had something like a long work day to focus on or sometime of paperwork to fill out or a test of some sort.

also i do not know why they swab now i have been told its cheaper then urine samples and they might only do that just to test for other drugs. i guess i should not be too worried about that.

most places are strict for opiates which that is not.

No i am not a minor and i live in a relatives house 

And no i am not instatutionalised so far i have not gone crazy enough for that and no  i have never heard of a court of law ordering someone to take a drug but it could be possible

Also my age and basic info is listed in my sig  i even mention not being on paxil anymore in the sig as well as how long i tried it

20 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Please answer each of the questions below nice and simply without all the additional and unnecessary details.

SA is a very busy site with lots of members needing assisting.  The moderators are unpaid volunteers and give freely of their time helping other people.  Their time is valuable and when we request information in a particular format there is a reason for it.    The moderators are also either going through their own tapering/withdrawal or are now post-tapering but still need to take care of themselves.

In this case we are trying to save our time by not having to read through your posts to get the information we need.  If it was only one of two things then it would be okay, but there is a lot of information that we are trying to get answers to and in order to assist you we need you to help us by providing what we ask in the format we have asked for it.

If you don't do as we have requested, you may receive a warning point.

Now you seem upset like my own doctor i guess this is the same everywhere i try to find answers i pretty much called that before i posted. now i feel like i am going to have to spend many more hours trying to fix this 

What happened during the seven days you took paxil?  i felt normal for 2 days then the 3rd day i felt weird after that 4th day i felt ok most of the day then tired at night around 7pm thne rest of days on it weird

What were your symptoms?    During those 7 days i had cramping in my legs nerve like pain in my hands between my thumbs and finger to the left my left foot had nerve pain cramping aswell pins and needles muscle twitching  one day i felt like i was going to passout in a store .   My chest hurt almost like a sore muscle it stopped one day then moved to the middle of my chest i also had blurry vison which seemed worse then from weed or my normal vison without glasses dry mouth light headed weird heart beats sometimes fast beating restless legs i had some kind of a rash aswell which the doctor agreed some type of maybe yeast rash the same doctor lady that gave me the paxil told me this so i began rubbing the antifungal cream i had for feet on it.     My skin also seemed some what red now which i did not notice before the paxil also some burning in the face.

Why did you stop? because of the side effects.

How did you stop? i decided that one day i was going to take a half dose then stop the med completely.

How long have you been taking the Vyvanse? for about 2 years as needed.

Why are you taking it? for adhd/add

How often? as needed once a day

How much?20mg capsule

How and when did you stop? about 2 months ago cold turkey

Why are they doing a swab test to check compliance? most likely to look for narcotics you should not take like street drugs

Are you under a court order to take the medications?no

How old are you? 37 years old

Are you a minor living at your parents? no

Are you in custody or hospitalized? no

Edited by ChessieCat
bolded questions for easier reading

• Moderator Emeritus

Your doctor gets paid.  We do not.

We are only trying to get you to help us so that we can help you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.  That will make it much easier.

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

Your doctor gets paid.  We do not.

We are only trying to get you to help us so that we can help you.

ok i hope that last post helps

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I've just posted that it does.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just posting this here for the record:

From cannabis-marijuana-hashish-thc-cbd-cannabidiol-or-hemp-oil

14 minutes ago, jamest said:
13 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Been on it for some months, 6 or more...

Got akathisia from it, 

I've been clean for more then a year now...

The akathisia is still here

i wonder if that was what happend to me and i mostly thought that was symptoms from adhd 

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Just posting this here for the record:

From cannabis-marijuana-hashish-thc-cbd-cannabidiol-or-hemp-oil

Yea im willing to help with others aswell anytime i can and provide advice

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, jamest said:

Yea im willing to help with others aswell anytime i can and provide advice

It's okay for members to post about what they have tried and how it has affected them.

Members are not to provide advice to other members.  What works for you may not work for another member and they could become very sick.

From the topic what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned

On 6/16/2011 at 4:45 AM, Altostrata said:

- Drug shopping or recommending drugs

This is a site for going off drugs. It is not a site for finding out what drug to take next, comparing drug cocktails, or recommending what drug to add. This could be dangerous. People could be hurt by your advice.

We do not advocate experimenting with hallucinogenics, psychedelic mushrooms, herbs, adaptogenics, or any gray-market drug. You never know exactly what you're getting and results are unpredictable even in people whose nervous systems have not been compromised by adverse drug reactions.

If your nervous system has been sensitized by adverse effects from psychiatric drugs (or street drugs) or withdrawal, , you could make yourself a lot worse by experimenting with hallucinogenics, etc., and the only remedy is to cope with your symptoms until they go away. We don't have any magic potions for you.

Try such substances at your own risk. If you take street drugs or gray-market drugs and have an adverse reaction, we may not be able to provide you support as you recover and may ask you to leave SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

19 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

It's okay for members to post about what they have tried and how it has affected them.

Members are not to provide advice to other members.  What works for you may not work for another member and they could become very sick.

From the topic what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned

you miss understood what i said  i simply said if someone is describing a symptom  that i have heard of before from using a certain medication then i would simply help them by acknowleding  what was said i  do not see that as hurting anyone on here.i thought we are here to help one another

• Moderator Emeritus

41 minutes ago, jamest said:

provide advice

The dictionary definition of "advice":

Advice | Definition of Advice by Merriam-Webster

Advice definition is - recommendation regarding a decision or course of conduct : counsel.

Also i understand what that post says i only stated on my post that the reason i ended up on the paxil was due to the fact i had used something that my state has deemed legal for several years and all the sudden i had a reaction so next thing you know i stopped the stuff i figured my body does not want that anymore and i became anxious obviously i had some reaction from that getting of of that green stuff which obviously is not why we are all here i get that 100% my body was in shock so i did not know that i would have to wait it out my anxiety  was through the roof for several days so i was panicking which led to a quicker doctors office visit which led me to the paxil hence why i am now here.

I get what the post says and if i am not allowed comment on someones post to offer comfort then my bad my mistake i thought some of what this group was about was to let other know they are not alone  

i do not in anyway think i am a lawyer and not once did i suggest that anyone buy or take something not one substance i mentioned the one product i picked up which was 100% legal and the suggested supplements someone told me about on here never once said any drug or substance would work for someone else or that anyone on here should take anything not even cbd

Based on what i have told everyone the symptoms i have described from your point of view its discontinuation symptoms thats all i am really trying for figure out i have tried to search as you suggested using the way you said but no one really seemed to mention the side of chest pain.

Thank you for posting more detailed answers to my questions, it makes it a lot easier to sort through things and understand what is happening.

On any given day each of the moderators here will be dealing with twenty to thirty different members, all on different combinations of drugs and having widely varied symptoms. We currently have over 14000 members of which about 500 are active on a day to day basis. Over the years we have developed a system that works for keeping all that information straight and the forums under control. This will involve our moving posts around as necessary to keep a specific persons information in one place and current.  It may seem counterproductive but we really need our members to work within that framework so we can be of help to them.

It also means that we will be asking questions that seem irrelevant or not to the point, but each persons experience is different and we are trying to get to the crux of the matter. As for the questions about your being under a court order, they have quite a bearing on the matter. The drugs you are dealing with are Schedule II which have strict legal implication associated with them. If you were under court order to take them (yes they can force you to do that) there would be nothing we could do to help. The haphazard manner in which you are taking them could be considered highly suspicious and can cause great trouble with the DEA for both you and your doctor. We have to be cognizant of this when helping members with these drugs, because there are certain limits as to what we can recommend.

The symptoms you listed are consistent with and adverse reaction to the paxil. It is a good thing that you stopped taking it as soon as you did. It is, however, going to take a long while for your body to stabilize and recover.  During that time you will be very sensitive to most  medications, recreational drugs, food additives and a lot of other things. But your body will eventually stabilize and heal itself. What caused the adverse reaction to the paxil is quite complex and appears to be the reaction of an overly sensitive nervous system caused by being CTed from years of recreational drug use combined with haphazard use and CT of a very potent and addictive psych drug. Also the fact that paxil should not have been combined with vyvanse in the first place. It's a dangerous combination that any doctor should know to avoid.

CC, the other moderators, and I will need to go through your information more carefully to get a better handle on it. But for right now try to relax, accept and roll with it.

I appreciate what you and others like gridley and chessie are willing to share with me believe me i have been waking up some days sad no energy and drive and have been thinking why why me. 

I understand you guys are not paid doctors even paid doctors can get aggravated i did not realize what i was telling everyone i spoke with was too much of mixed up jumbled info i obviously was afraid and worried. its almost like you think you are gonna die or that you will now be injured for the rest of your life so you start over thinking.

I am sorry if i did too much or posted too much disorganized info

i understand what i was told from the begining i guess it did not fully sink in.

i came off a med too fast and it caused some typical problems i forget what the term is you guys like to use ct disconntinuation symptoms.

I understand many people you guys deal with have it bad years of one type of med and perminate health issues i do not in anyway mean to overplay anything. Things just seemed severe to me.

i have tried to read posts on here some of the info i get makes sense however not everything i lookup appears on this site  so some things i do not get info for 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find it helpful to check out this area of SA:

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

Here is the search results link for adverse reaction in that forum.

Ya well i ended up seeing a different doctor quicker from my clinic because i could not see my other doctor he had no appointments quicker i guess i feel like im being treated sub part.

I did not know that i could have been in danger or still in danger.

i usually take my normal med as prescribed  i only did not take it like that after i paniced from the green in my state it has been legal to use cannabis for almost 4 years even longer with a medical card i had not had a problem before. 

lots of people in my area use something called suboxone which is used to treat opiate drug withdrawl  and they are on all kinds of other meds along with that med seriqoul zoloft lexapro kolonopin ect and no one blinks an eye obviously that has nothing to do with me.

I did not know it is illegal for a doctor to give out a med which treats a condition i have legally had for years i did not think anyone was breaking a law he tests for it its used to treat adhd which i do have.

i just felt funny the last few months trying to take it every single day.

I understand what you are saying but if i had taken the legal speed these last few months how do i know or you that id still be here today. 

I told the guy 2 appointments ago that i was concerned  about med mixing and i had herd of serotone syndrome and  he just said well i have heard of that  but you do not have that and brushed me off .

Even though i had been off for a few weeks of the paxil i voiced my concerns he wanted to give me more of the stim and up my dose.

Right i clearly told people at my office that i had stopped using cannabis that i had used it for 25 years and they still shoved paxil to me when i knew you should not give a drug like paxil to someone during withdrawl from any other drug i had read that clear as day somewhere and nothing was listened to.

i just cant believe this sounds like  medical malpractice and i do not know what i should do i feel like i could end up dead from bad doctors it took me 3 years just to get into a place i feel hopeless at this point like what will they do to me next that isnt right

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

• Moderator Emeritus

You do not need to quote a post to reply.  Just click in the box at the bottom of the screen.

like with in the first day of taking the paxil i found the info on a site like webmd which said paxil should not be mixed with stims and benzos and maios  or whatever.

i feel like i am going to have to cry myself to sleep at 37 years old this is alot to take in im sorry guys.  I am however grateful someone here might have gave me info and  saved my life

do you know if i should be looking into some time of legal action over this i know you guys are not no lawyers or anything but what should i do might i have something here?

This doctor wants to give me a higher dose of a stim next week  should i suggest he stop with the adhd treatment for it right now what do i say or do i continue to take the stim now that i am not on the paxil right now or should i still be worried about some severe issue coming into play?

Would it be safe to  say  tocontinue with the stim as normal since i am not on the paxil no more or do i have to worry?

Should i just continue with the adhd treatment and ride out the withdrawl like everyone else does?

Obviously my normal doctor did not start me on the paxil an on call doctor lady that i have never saw suggested i try it based on the fact a older relative had used it for 25years and had no problems so far

Do you guys think i should just continue to take things day by day and not get carried away i mean at what point do you blame someone or place blame should i just accept that i might have made a mistake agreeing to take the paxil seeing as how i dident die or anything over it what is everyones take should i find a new practice or just accept that i and a doctor might have made a mistake

3 hours ago, jamest said:

and they still shoved paxil to me when i knew you should not give a drug like paxil to someone during withdrawl from any other drug i had read that clear as day somewhere and nothing was listened to.

2 hours ago, jamest said:

i mean at what point do you blame someone or place blame should i just accept that i might have made a mistake agreeing to take the paxil seeing as how i didn't die or anything over it what is everyone's take should i find a new practice or just accept that i and a doctor might have made a mistake

You were not under a court order to take paxil and you "knew" you should not have taken it based on the reasons you were aware of.

You should take responsibility for that decision, learn from it and attempt to move forward.

I can't give an opinion on the stimulant but it does seem as if your having a very hard time focusing on the questions the moderators are asking you to focus on and get concise answers to and constantly repeating and then contradicting things you have already said. So it is very hard to really have an idea of how to advise you because I do not think the Paxil is your main issue.

I think your having a temporary reaction but if you are no longer taking it I do not think you need to worry about serotonin syndrome. 

You are also spending a lot of time worrying about all of this which will only make it longer for your system to heal.

The best thing you can do for yourself is relax and not spend so much day focused on what happened but go forward with positive things in life

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

that sounds easy for everyone to say i have lost my job and a whole mess of side effects in a few months some days i can barely get out of bed  i understand what people told me i get it 100%

i only found out about not using paxil after reading the fine print on a site one day this was after i already was given the paxil isnt that the doctor who gave the med out in the first places job to say well taking a speed type med like i see you are taking could be dangerous correct me if i am wrong?

The only thing i asked about that i was unsure about was that if i could safely continue taking my adhd med now that i am off the paxil even thought i am experiencing withdrawl i just asked if it was safe i am not doubting what anyone told me about anything at all everyone is different.

you must understand from being on here a long time that some people even a person or 2 i know have taken a med and nothing negative has happend so far after months.

I do not know what what you or anyone else on here has been through as it is hard enough to read through thousands of posts on here but imagine pain fear of being homeless worrying winter coming and such covid 19 does not make life any easier for anyone .   

You have to figure most people on here posting are looking for a clone they want to magically run into someone who is like them and will ease their mind  i am no different. obviously that cant happen but we can dream 

i have never experienced withdrawl from a drug never was an addict of anything no cigs nothing  i figured if i could some how go cold turkey off cannabis then why not this i had no idea how serious these meds were  or could be i had a random doctor say well your anxious maybe even alil depressed well here take this in a nice calm voice i thought well ok great there is hope i got  off wacky tobaccy ill stay off that ill  magically become normal maybe even find someone to date maybe ill get a car loan ect  

7 minutes ago, Colonial said:
  4 hours ago, jamest said:

and they still shoved paxil to me when i knew you should not give a drug like paxil to someone during withdrawl from any other drug i had read that clear as day somewhere and nothing was listened to.

2 minutes ago, jamest said:

nly found out about not using paxil after reading the fine print on a site one day this was after i already was given the paxil isnt that the doctor who gave the med out in the first places job to say well taking a speed type med like i see you are taking could be dangerous correct me if i am wrong?

Your First statement  implies you already knew you should not take it before you did.

Then you say you did not know until after it was given to you.

This is the problem I mean that you are contradicting yourself which makes it hard for staff to know what is really going on.

Regardless, you are no longer taking it, so you need to let it go and work on positive steps toward healing, not obsessing all day about what went wrong.

There is nothing you can do to change the past.

You and your doctor need to decide what is best for your regarding your other medications, we can not advise you about those.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

i said in a post already that went onto a site like webmd and read up on side effect the first day i took the stuff and read the pharm paper that came on the bag even that had a list of possible horrible side effects.

The webmd type site said clear as day do not take with miaos or benzos or certain stimulants and several other drugs ect you could read that stuff for hours and hope you do not take one of those meds  i was worrying so much because of the side effects while on the 7 days of the paxil that i had to reread multiple sites several times worrying about every little thing that could happen  i read read about  till one day i came across the part about antphetamines and such dextro ect now im no rocket scientist but i know those terms are stimulant related i did not realize that 100% at first  because the med i am on is diff lisdexaphetamine nothing really clearly mentioned that.

you have to understand that i had brain fog memory problems and speech issues i did not put 2 and 2 together instantly.    some people might see a warning on a label that says do not take fish oil if you smoke red cowboy cigerattes or camel faced ones then think to them selfs well it does not say anything about newport even though all of them items are tobacco products you get what im staying even people not fogged up on a drug might assume something dumb like that    

One other thing to note you might not have adhd so you could not know what it is like for myself and several others on here trying to cope with that i get distracted easy hard to complete tasks i start one project then move onto another without finishing it hard to focus daily  **** like that so add a disability on top of trying a heavy duty crazy med like ssri its a mind altering experience.

Not to down play anyone else on here at all i feel bad for the people who have been taking a med like paxil for say 20 years it must be hell getting off