jamest: took generic Paxil / paroxetine for 7 days seems like random nerve pain

jamest

Thank you for your response  alto i did not expect to hear from the founding  mother or whatever the title is people prefer of sa.

You provide a great resource for people struggling with these types of drugs i found out about this site through quora or however you spell that someone suggested i check this place out so i did and i have read a lot of helpful information on here but sometimes its hard to focus because i deal with adhd so its hard to read pages after pages of information plus at first i was angry with myself life and arrogant.

I want quick resolve sometimes without searching for it and i am sure there are many other people who's brains operate the same way i do my best not to half ass everything in life but it is not easy i grew up in a bad environment a really rough neighborhood bullying and so forth  which might add to my plight. 

Well i wont trouble you guys with all that extra bs thats not what we are here for ill cut to the chase.

I have noticed on here a few people have requested your presence its like they demand to speak with you like your a god of some sort and your obligated in some way. 

I remember coming across  one person  who ended up not being successful asking to speak with you a million times and saying things like it did not seem some problem improved for you and stating that it never will for them and that they were doomed ect it was all negative.  I am glad i did not assume and compare my situation to that person everyone  is different and i hope other people realize this do not give up easy one day at a time things take time.     

The fact that you spoke to me without me complaining or begging to ever hear from you feels nice in a way at first i was kinda acting like some people who have posted on here asking well what ever happend to this person or that person looking for a clone ect.

I do not directly ask for a person i  do not feel that does any good i realized this everybody is different no one is exactly alike it  took me a month or 2 just to figure that out.

Anyways i wont take up a lot of your time with random bs so to answer your questions and to get right to the point.

So far in the last 3 months i notice i cant get to sleep till 2.30am then i wake up at noon i mean atleast i can get 8-10 hours of sleep sometimes compared to when i first had that panic attack and quit cannabis i now actually seem to have dreams even where as before i would smoke most of the day and stay up smoking till i got tired and felt like passing out hard then i would lay down at like 3-4 am and knock out hard and get up at like 3pm even 4 sometimes even later once or twice which i realized is not a good thing.

Sometimes i toss and turn during the night switch to left side then to right due to back pain and or arm getting numb or fingers sometimes ill seem like i wake up at like 430-5am when it starts to get light out toss and turn a few times then pass back out some days ill wake up at around 830-9 feel sore or numbness in the arm maybe some back pain then ill switch sides pass back out till like noon. 

Energy 

I have more energy it seems and not as much brain fog but it is still there

Vison

My vision seemed real blurry when i wake up and most of the day.

I have glasses and use eye drops been using them since October up to 3-4 times a day  and had the glasses since the end of October just to refresh everyone.

The last week or so i would say my vison does not seem as blurred all the sudden  i wake up and it seems clearer then it has ever been over the last 5 months   

Nerve pain

I still feel what i notice is the occasional nerve pain i had a moped accident a few years ago and it seems like my left hand felt sore like i had some pain and the palm of the left hand lower side by the index finger had like a numbness no feeling like frost burnt type feeling.

Well now whats weird it seems like this problem some how magically switched to the right side and i feel this in the right hand same area this has been going on for about 2 months  

I also feel the occasional nerve like pain in my right foot at the heel but not so much as before.

Sometimes the fingertips tingle and feel numb like even more so when it is cold out and they are exposed

I also notice some days my right eye very right corner of eye lid  will twitch and pulse this started about 1 month ago.

My throat feels dry some days  at times even if i drink water or have fluids in me.

All in all not much for new issues  some of the older problems still remain i hope i snap out of this funk

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

10/16/2020 resumed the ADHD medication. 

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

• Administrator

Well, James, seems like you've learned a lot!

Everybody wants what they need delivered to them without working for it but we can't provide those services, so a lot of our information is self-serve.

It sounds like you're slowly recovering. The process can be very slow and frustrating, see

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Matching your sleep pattern to a normal biorhythm may help. Are you using the computer late at night? This can cause the sleep pattern you describe.

You might get off the screen around 10 p.m., dim or turn off the lights, and use a little melatonin to get your sleep started on at a conventional time. See

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ya thanks again i will research some of that never tried melitonon i hear its fairly safe.

i have tried that sleepy time tea and i think it might have made me sleep a couple of times. 

I think i need to start getting up earlier and somehow gain energy.

to sum up what you had asked  basically not much has changed like i dont have many new weird symptoms just a few old ones still lingering

Also it seems like in the last few days my eye has stopped twitching and my right hand is mostly normal not numb my foot doesnt really hurt on the heel .

One other thing i did not mention is the occasional darkness in my vison sometimes towards night time its almost like everything is darker around me.

ocassionally a few old symptoms pop up but mostly gone i think for me the whole waking up feeling like lack of energy or motivation is mostly annoying hopefully i snap out of that eventually

once i finally force my self out of bed due to other people stirring around and it being light out and bright in the afternoon ect and i drink a cup of coffee then i kinda get moving.

Like the other day i had a light on in my car so when i got the part in the mail went out and tackled the problem i some how found enough energy to start and complete the task it also was not that cold out and i  ended up not needing assistance.

So far i am just happy to be alive still and not locked in a padded room for 23 hours a day.

Thanks for every ones help seems like there is no magic cure for anyone except for time however everyones suggestions have helped me cope along the way

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

• Administrator
20 hours ago, jamest said:

Like the other day i had a light on in my car so when i got the part in the mail went out and tackled the problem i some how found enough energy to start and complete the task it also was not that cold out and i  ended up not needing assistance.

Do the best you can, fake it 'til you make it! You're probably more capable than you think.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Ya thanks guys again  I wont shed too much on the smoking issue however that could be something causing my low energy or that added to it like i have told everyone i do not really smoke anymore so far have not had a panic attack since September but it is not easy going cold turkey.  hard to break a habit hard 2 believe something that people think is harmless mostly started some problems.

i guess if you have some slight mental problems already  then certain things can bring them out more.

Alto i see that you are located on the west coast if this is allowed do you know of a resource where people are knowledgable about cannabis induced panic attacks/anxiety and things of the sort i would imagine that type of problem is rather common in your state it seems like over here most medical professionals do not understand what is happening or have lack of education on the subject.

Thanks again for your input i have tried the last few days shutting off my tv at 12-1230 and it seems like i am able to get to sleep and wake up in the am however today someone was cooking something in my home and i smelled it so i got up went and ate some breakfast and as someone suggested smoke eat then go back to sleep i basically did that minus the smoking part. the person told me they do not partake anymore so i thought it was kinda odd they mentioned that.

Anyways i eventually passed back out found it hard to get out of bed around noon.

Ill just keep on trucking do what you said i should snap out of it over time. 

Like my doctor said i am only 37 years old i should not be unhealthy he doesnt think i should worry so ill do my best not to and  focus on improving myself. 

Only thing i can do is wait a few months and see if my energy levels improve if i start to feel better at some point ill post an update

One other thing i notice is that when i try to goto  sleep on my left side sometimes i hear my heart beating which seems like its excessive even with ear buds in sometimes overpowering  but everyone says its fine so i dont know maybe it is normal to sometimes hear your heart beat.

Have good weekend fellow sa people.

• Administrator

A hard heartbeat is pretty common in withdrawal. This should go away in time.

If you have been smoking cannabis every day, it's best to taper than simply to quit. Like other psychotropics, it can cause withdrawal symptoms. It's pretty common that people get panic attacks or unease while smoking cannabis. That means it's time to take a break, that drug is too strong for you.

• 1 year later...

Been about 2 years or longer since I tried paxil could I still be experiencing lingering withdrawal symptoms

Hello I was on here in the past I posted about my experience trying Paxil I wasn't on it that long a little under 2 weeks and during that time it was like I had a horrible experience side effects pretty moderately. 

The whole reason for trying paxil in the first place was because I had a severe panic attack one day which I believe was due to heavy cannabis use anyways it's been a few years and now I pretty much cut out all of my smoking but I have my days where it's around me during a social setting and the pressure can become a lot now I don't know how much information I can divulge or get into about that topic because that's not what we're here for and I understand this is not a substance abuse type forum if you want to call it that anything you do too much of  could be bad for you and different people might have a definition of what is a drug and what isn't that obviously we're not here for that.

The reason why I am posting this topic is because I have experienced a few different times over the years where things seem like they were going backwards like I don't know what is going on if it is my health or a mental health problem of some sort that could be causing what I feel sometimes but I've been to the ER at least two different times since the panic attack experience and being off paxil.

The last time that I remember it seems like I felt dizzy and lightheaded almost like I had vertigo while working on my car I was using a drill and I was laying sideways a certain way and I felt horrible and I had to stop they had asked if I had been around any solvents and I said no in the end everyone had agreed that it is possible that the vibrations from the drill that I was using could have threw my equilibrium off and caused me to have some type of vertigo which had never happened to me before I never seemed to get that it's something I never experienced until I tried Paxil it was a symptom I had experienced during the time I was actually using it. 

They're also checked my heart and my blood pressure and my eyes and said it doesn't appear like you've had a stroke or anything like that doesn't seem like anything's wrong with your ticker heart seems like it's working normally so they didn't notice a health problem at the hospital.

Another thing that I notice is that sometimes I feel like I have brain fog of some sort almost kind of like my vision is blurry and it's dim and I do whatever I can to try to keep my eyes open but I have trouble and it's like as if the sun  bothers me sometimes which can make it hard to see it is almost like I am trying to look through fog I've dealt with this multiple times in the last few years.

Also I've had this problem with ringing in the ears sometimes it's one ear sometimes it's the other. As of right now it seems like the right ear is acting up there has been a few times where I just  felt like I was going to pass out maybe  while standing  ear started ringing on the right next thing you know I'm alert again but the ear is still ringing then quiet down and then it eventually stops.

These minor setbacks whatever they are or whatever they are caused by can be rather annoying because it prevents me from working effectively at a full-time job. Now I don't know if I have developed some type of anxiety disorder and it is not being managed effectively so this is causing me to have some of these symptoms but I plan to look into that when I see my doctor next I mean on the plus side I haven't had an anxiety attack or panic attack whatever you'd like to call it since a few years ago when I first posted so I've been able to stay away from a full-on panic so far what I have been prescribed and have been using is hydroxyzine which I've Been Told why my doctor and a few people have said is mostly harmless safe drug it is a type of antihistamine now I don't really know if that is working enough maybe I need some other type of treatment. 

Anyways I hope this post gets through just wanted to update everybody who had been following me previously or for anyone who might have been wondering what actually happened with me because I know there are several people in these groups that are around my age or maybe a little younger that probably had similar experiences with just a short period of time with Paxil and probably think that life is over for them well it's not over but it is a battle and I will continue to fight.

When I had first started posting on here and talking to others about my situation I was pretty frustrated slightly angry and wanted to lash out at people because I couldn't understand what was happening I wanted to snap my fingers and have everything return to normal but that's not how it works I felt like I couldn't do things and that it was easy for other people to suggest that I could try different things all at once and magically  feel better I didn't have belief and I didn't think that some things would work but it takes time not everything that you're going to try at once your body is going to be ready for you do baby steps then eventually you start noticing a change here and there and you start feeling better about yourself.

I have been able to get out and be somewhat productive over the last few years I don't think I'm where I was when I first came off the drug which is great and all but I do have my days it seems like.

Sorry for the long post I was just hoping to see if what I was experiencing could possibly be some lingering effects from the paxil or maybe just another health issue I should have looked into. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic