Marianne: Off Effexor, now tapering trazodone

Marianne

Hi,

This is my first post. I apologize if it's in the wrong place. I need to taper 600.0mgs Trazodone. Insomnia is my big problem. Depression is mild. 10% of 600 is 60. Isn't this a big dose change for a start?

Are there recomendations for just milligram changes? I want to be sure befoer I do anything. My psychiatrist doesn't think that just stopping 300miligrams at a time is a problem. I'm not sure.

Is there a Trazodone liquid that I could ask for? I can't find one on the intenet. My psyche doesn't like my questions. I talk a lot.

Funny thing. I just stopped the 150milligrams of Effexor.

Thanks, Marrianne

Welcome to an amazing site with a lot of fantastic people. Someone will be along shortly with good advice...I alas don't have any experience with this drug.

Elizabeth

Years:150mg Wellbutrin (to concentrate) 20-30 mg Celexa (rumination).

CT 8/2011 during a pregnancy attempt under MD orders. (Idiot!!!) Pregnancy hormones allowed it.

Felt great with 6 mg of melatonin per night to sleep plus preggo hormones-didn't last:(

Best time of my life. Botched IVF in Dec 2011.Stress.

Bone chilling exhaustion and told to go back on celexa and wellbutrin.

4/9/2012 Back on celexa wb for some relief, wb gave me heart palps so dropped and only need 6.6 mg celexa and 1/4 melatonin pill...IMPROVEMENT because my doses are much lower!

REMEMBER to get your thyroid and hormones checked/out of whack ones can appear LIKE MOOD DISORDERS!!

Hi Marianne...

That's alot of Trazadone. I don't think there is a liquid. My daughter took Trazadone and decided to get off of it. While I was reading your post she came down the stairs and I asked her what she did. She was on 25mgs. She dropped the 25 and had a very hard time.

She had to take it again and begin a taper. I don't know how to tell you to come down from 600mgs.

Alto should be checking in and she can advise you. There are alot of people who have taken Trazadone. You aren't alone and you will get some vaulable advise here.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Hi, Marianne, welcome.

Did you get any symptoms when you stopped Effexor?

I don't see any liquid for trazodone, it only comes in tablets http://www.drugs.com/ppa/trazodone-hydrochloride.html

Tablets can be cut up, though, and you can taper as slowly as you feel comfortable.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.