Keep going on…pandemic 2020, we got you…

GiaK

I lay awake at 2:20 am this morning after going to bed at 8 pm. I was feeling a bit forlorn and I’ve had a really rough, homeless several months. Things are calming down now and I have a place to live for now but the chaos lingers in my body as it continues to learn how to operate normally again. It’s been a long haul and promises to continue.

My dear friend Jeff, a man I’ve known now for over 25 years sent this tonight as I lay there. I heard the ping on my phone and chose to take a look. This song got me up on my feet, dancing and sobbing at 2:30 in the morning. I am grateful. I am in love. We can always be in love. It’s always right here. We can touch it when we remember.

Hallelujah and thank you my dearest of friends, Jeff.

We are all in this together…this thing called life…pandemic or no pandemic.    -- (withdrawing or not, as well!)

I love you. Let’s create the world we want and need. Right here, right now.

first posted on  Everything Matters: beyond meds

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:21 AM, GiaK said:

was feeling a bit forlorn and I’ve had a really rough, homeless several months.

I'm so sorry! I hope you can find somewhere permanent. 

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

we're buying a house here. I had to leave mine due to severe mold allergy. First I lived in the backyard for about 6 months and then I started traveling in hotels...the pandemic really made being homeless hard. 

A lot of hotels had mold as well.  it was awful. i have a serious drug resistant infection in my face and wearing a mask was downright dangerous. I had a couple of neuro-meltdowns where I became non-verbal in public and people thought I was on drugs or homeless or whatever -- I got treated really badly when that happened...and it happened because of the mask. I am not anti-mask at all...I'm also aware of the reality of health conditions that are truly an imprediment. I now get all my groceries delivered.. I had to be really careful so that no one called for medical treatment or the cops or whatever....if I end up in the hospital and they lock me up because I can't talk that's the end.

in any case after losing my home, all my clothes and finally my car I landed in an apartment where my partner and pets will join me soon. I've been alone since july and I"m ready to have living beings around me again. 

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Thank you so much for this post, @GiaK.  I’m so sorry for your recent struggles after all you’ve already been through.  You are so strong.  I’m glad things are settling down for you now.  Did you take that photo of the city on the river that’s on your blog post?  It is so beautiful.  Where is that?

spring 2002 - summer 2008 - in chronological order: Effexor CT'd, Lexapro, possibly Luvox & Zoloft?, Prozac (brand name), Paxil, Geodon, and Prozac
summer 2009 - summer 2012 - Prozac (up to 80 mg but settled at 60 mg) and Wellbutrin (300 mg) - FT'd off both over a few months 
fall 2012 - fall 2016 - Prozac (60 mg) and Wellbutrin (300 mg) - also tried Anafranil close to the beginning of this period (unsure of dosage)
fall 2016 - fall 2017 - FT'd Wellbutrin to 0mg and Prozac to 10 mg (had FT'd both, reinstated at 300mg & 60mg, then FT'd again - very bad for my CNS)
fall 2017 - October 2018 - Prozac (10 mg) FT'd to switch to Anafranil
mid October 2018 - February 7th, 2019 - Abilify (2 mg to 5 mg) FT'd at 2.5 mg for 6 days due to psychiatric nurse practitioner's direction
late October 2018 - February 1st, 2019 - Anafranil (25 mg to 100 mg)
December 18th, 2018 - January 4th, 2019 - Luvox (25 mg) CT'd due to psychiatric nurse practitioner's direction
February 2nd - February 8th 2019 - Anafranil (50 mg) FT'd due to psychiatric nurse practitioner's direction
February 9th - February 15th, 2019 - Anafranil (25 mg) FT'd due to psychiatric nurse practitioner's direction

various supplements February 16th, 2019 to present - none have seemed to help or hurt 

July 24, 2019 - January 2020 - bio-idential bi-estrogen and progesterone creams, January - February 2020 - bio-identical progesterone pills

I did take it. It's five minutes walking distance from the apartment I'm in for the time being (in North Little Rock). Since I don't have a car right now my world is very small and I'm very grateful that the park is right there. I walk there every day and take lots of pictures. I'm on instagram if you want to see more. https://www.instagram.com/monica.cassani/ I'm not very social on insta but i do enjoy taking photos and viewing others. 

I'm glad things are a lot better. 🙂

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy