SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Chels: 23 weeks pregnant and struggling

Chels

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/21/2020 at 8:30 AM, Chels said:

@getofflex thank you Jennifer, I just am so scared about becoming a mom through this. I tried to do everything right but starting a slow taper almost 2 years ago but then I got so sick in the pregnancy. I’m not sure if I’m considered a cold turkey or not? I am trying so hard to accept this pain and suffering but it sometimes so hard I’m super emotional from this and hormones and everyday I just cry. 

@Gridley thank you so much for your patience and always answering my questions it means so much to me.

Chels I know this feels horrible, and it's so hard to accept.  Believe me, because I've been through it.  I'm also super emotional because I'm menopausal.  I went through menopause right as I was dealing with withdrawal, so I get it, to a certain extent.  If you can tough it out and hang in there, you will be fine, but it will take time.  I'll keep praying for you.  I'm really glad you have lots of help with the baby.  Please use it.  When we go through really tough times, like you are, it will make you stronger, and you can grow from pain and suffering.  I would also strongly recommend cultivating a strong relationship with God.  I have a strong faith in Jesus Christ, and He has gotten me through some very tough nights with akathisia and being unable to sleep and wanting to jump out of my skin.  But I'm feeling so much better now.  still not normal, but much better.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

@getofflex Jennifer you are an angel I wish I could have you in person lol. Or a phone call.

2006- started Zoloft(eventually up to 100mgs)

January 2019 - started Prozac 10mg to start tapering off Zoloft 100mg started tapering 12.5mg every month until I hit about 37.5 mg then started liquid taper of Zoloft and Prozac 

July 2020 - 8mg of Zoloft 4 mg Prozac got pregnant and had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) stopped taking the medication because of the sickness

September 2020 - reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg 1 dose adverse reaction stopped 5 days later started lexapro .5 liquid for 6 days and 1mg 2 days ended up suicidal stopped immediately

October 2020 - started Prozac 5mg 1 week 10 mg 1 week and 15 mg days ended up so bad admitted to psych hospital where the doctor confirmed adverse reactions from withdrawal and stopped everything 

December 24 2020 - 1mg Ativan 2 times a day 5mg of zyprexa split 2.5 morning and 2.5 night

jan 14 2021 - pristiq 25mg for two weeks, not good fast taper off 

• Administrator
On 11/21/2020 at 6:30 AM, Chels said:

I just am so scared about becoming a mom through this.

Hello, Chels. There are a few things going on. First, if I were you, I'd talk about this with your therapist, putting aside your worries about withdrawal syndrome. What about being a mother is frightening to you?

Second, your family might want to help you, but they cannot solve your problem with withdrawal syndrome, they don't know anything about it. If they want to help, just ask them to give you support through your pregnancy and new baby, because you are finding it all pretty scary.

When you were in the hospital, you were very lucky you found one of the very few psychiatrists who know anything about withdrawal syndrome. Most would have put you on a few more drugs and sent you home.

Last, what are your current symptoms that you attribute to withdrawal? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
25 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Second, your family might want to help you, but they cannot solve your problem with withdrawal syndrome, they don't know anything about it. If they want to help, just ask them to give you support through your pregnancy and new baby, because you are finding it all pretty scary.

It is usually better to specify what you would like help with.  That way they know what you need help with and it means that you won't get frustrated if you want them to help with a particular thing and they help with something that you don't want/need help with.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Altostrata my family has said no matter what they will help me. Before the symptoms of this withdrawal hit I was so excited for my baby this was a planned pregnancy, now I feel trapped inside my body because I’m suffering so much. And it scares me because I feel like I can’t do anything.

It’s been two weeks since I have taken anything, I’m very scared because I know I’m kindled now and that made everything so much worse. My symptoms are severe anxiety, fear, heart palpitations, not getting a good nights sleep, vibration in body throughout arms hands and head, tired, out of it, feeling paralyzed like I can’t speak or anything, feeling like I’ll never get better from this, difficulty eating. 

January 2019 - started Prozac 10mg to start tapering off Zoloft 100mg started tapering 12.5mg every month until I hit about 37.5 mg then started liquid taper of Zoloft and Prozac 

July 2020 - 8mg of Zoloft 4 mg Prozac got pregnant and had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) stopped taking the medication because of the sickness

September 2020 - reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg 1 dose adverse reaction stopped 5 days later started lexapro .5 liquid for 6 days and 1mg 2 days ended up suicidal stopped immediately

October 2020 - started Prozac 5mg 1 week 10 mg 1 week and 15 mg days ended up so bad admitted to psych hospital where the doctor confirmed adverse reactions from withdrawal and stopped everything 

December 24 2020 - 1mg Ativan 2 times a day 5mg of zyprexa split 2.5 morning and 2.5 night

@Altostrata am I considered kindled because I jumped from 8mg of Zoloft and 4mg of Prozac when I was sick in my pregnancy and then tried to get on 12.5mg of Zoloft (took one pill) but a week later I took lexapro .5mg liquid for 6 days and 1 mg for two, then two weeks later was forced onto Prozac 5mg for one week 10 mg for one week and 15mg for two days, I had terrible reactions from all these reinstatement’s but it was not until I met the new psychiatrist who told me what I was experiencing was withdrawal that everyone stopped forcing medication down my throat so I’m confused if these are considered adverse reactions or kindling or both and does it slow down the healing process a lot? I’m in a Facebook group and they are quite arrogant with this they constantly say if your kindled it usually leads to suicide, akathisia and being wheelchair bound because of neurotoxicity, which has completely frightened me. That’s why I think I’m having a hard time coming to terms with this pregnancy now I feel hopeless like I will never get better and not be the mom I always dreamed of being

• Administrator

Please stop worrying about being "kindled". This is something that might happen if you take too much of a drug right now, because your nervous system is sensitized from the drug mishaps.

We have lots of people here who, with a lot of patience, let their nervous systems settle down and are doing well. You might limit your participation in a Facebook group that scares you.

How did you feel when you took 5mg Prozac for a week, before you increased it to 10mg Prozac?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata I had okay days and really bad ones. The one thing I thought was weird was when I came off the Prozac after two weeks (which was two weeks ago) I had a pretty decent window but I wasn’t sure if the window was because the drug was still in my system or because I stopped taking it and it was aggravating me. And then I was hit with this awful wave of emotions suicidal thoughts and so much more. But everyone kept making raise the dose of Prozac after a week because I was getting worse and worse and it wasn’t until I met the psychiatrist at the psych hospital who felt like what was happening was adverse reactions mixed with a bit of withdrawal. I didn’t start feeling any of these uncomfortable symptoms until I tried to add the Zoloft back in (at too high of a dose) 2 months ago and it was like BAM I was hit with a whole new world of disaster. That stupid Facebook group I was apart of says that after one dose of medication your brain is changed? Do you think there’s truth to that? 

@Altostrata would my case be considered kindled? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Chels said:

That stupid Facebook group I was apart of says that after one dose of medication your brain is changed? Do you think there’s truth to that? 

I think I know which Facebook group you're talking about. They do more harm than good with their catastrophizing.

Please forget about kindling. It's not a condition, it's a reaction to a drug. That happened when you took too much SSRI.

How did you feel when you took 5mg Prozac for a week, before you increased it to 10mg Prozac?

How did you feel when you were taking 0.5mg Lexapro, before you took 1mg?

@Altostrata the lexapro was worse than the Prozac honestly. I felt awful on it. The 5 mg of Prozac I had like two okay days and then was hit with waves. 

am I considered a cold turkey withdrawal even though I did a slow taper for a year and half and got down to 8mg of Zoloft and 4 mg of Prozac? I only discontinued because of how sick I got in the first trimester, that Facebook group says I’m now in cold turkey, kindled, and I’m at risk for paws and neurotoxicity. 

@Altostrata should I not reinstate because im so sensitive? Also could pregnancy hormones making the mental and psyical symptoms worse?

• Administrator

Yes, you cold-turkeyed off 8mg of Zoloft and 4 mg of Prozac.

You're probably not any more sensitive than the 50% of the people who show up here having gone off their drugs too fast. Your pregnancy hormones may be making you more reactive emotionally. You will need to manage this when you go through rough spots, see

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

It's up to you to decide whether you want to try reinstatement. We cannot predict what will happen. It often helps but sometimes, it doesn't.

What you might do is get a prescription for Prozac liquid and take 0.25mg (one-quarter milligram) to start. Prozac builds up over a couple of weeks. What happened was when you took 5mg Prozac, it ramped up over a couple of days and then was too strong for you. Sounds like Lexapro was too strong from the start, at the equivalent of 1.5mg-2mg Prozac increasing to 3-4mg Prozac.

If you don't want to try this, many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

@Altostrata if I reinstate at that small of a dose do I increase a little bit over a few weeks? Also how long would I have to wait to see results? 

@Altostrata should I do .25 of Prozac or Zoloft? Because I was on Zoloft the longest? Just wondering which is better?

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, Chels said:

@getofflex Jennifer you are an angel I wish I could have you in person lol. Or a phone call.

Hi Chels.  I don't do the phone well, but I'd be happy to email you.  see my PM for my email address.  Jennifer

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

@Altostrata if I have akathisia symptoms already can reinstatement make things better or worse?

• Administrator

What are the symptoms you have identified as akathisia? How are you sleeping?

@Altostrata wanting to rip my skin open with a knife, trouble breathing, vibrating body, throbbing body, suicidal thoughts and urges at moments. I am sleeping a little bit but I definitely toss and turn all night. 

• Administrator

How much are you sleeping? What's your sleep schedule? Are these symptoms worse at any particular time of day?

@Altostrata tossing turning all night I had a good window for a few days last week but it seems the symptoms are bad at night and I’m the morning sometimes lasting all day.

@Altostrata when I took the Prozac for two weeks and met the psychiatrist who told me I was in withdrawal and having adverse reactions, do you think that could have set me back a lot? Some admins have said I wouldn’t have built up dependency in such a short time. 

• Administrator

Please stop worrying about what happened in the past, you can't change it.

Your nervous system's job is to adapt. It is always adapting and changing. This is called neuroplasticity. Every time you make a drug change, your nervous system has to adapt to it. Make too many changes, your nervous system gets confused. Right now, your nervous system is confused, but it sounds like it's settling down a bit -- that would be those windows.

Also, your body is adapting to the pregnancy changes. It sounds like you had the pregnancy symptom of extreme nausea. It's not unusual that pregnant women have spells of insomnia. Your gyn should know about this. You might be able to read up on it. It may make sense for you to find ways to cope with insomnia, such as listening to soft music rather than worrying when you can't sleep.

What are the symptoms at night that interfere with your sleep?

@Altostrata the fear terror and anxiety I face when I close my eyes, I feel very restless. I constantly feel like im in a state of fight and flight and I want to rip my skin open. I read an article recently by Stuart Shipko saying about being on a ssri 15 years usually results in never getting better and the akathisia symptoms only get worse. I am incredibly scared by this all. because even though I get periods of windows short ones. the akathisia is so bad mentally that I feel so scared. I feel like im not going to heal from this. and reading that article really put me in a bad place. 

@Altostrata I also want to add that none of these debilitating symptoms started until I tried to reinstate the Zoloft after being off it for 2 months and then added the other drugs to the mix, I only tried to reinstate the Zoloft because the nausea and vomiting from the pregnancy had stopped so I thought I would continue the taper I didn't realize I took too much and it resulted in a severe adverse reaction. after that I was so mentally destroyed everyone kept pushing more and more drugs on me like the lexapro for a week and prozac for two, I did feel a lot worse akathisia symptoms on the drugs though. I just don't know did my adverse reaction spark withdrawal? I really don't understand what happened to me. I am now a mess.

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Chels said:

@Altostrata the fear terror and anxiety I face when I close my eyes, I feel very restless. I constantly feel like im in a state of fight and flight and I want to rip my skin open. I read an article recently by Stuart Shipko saying about being on a ssri 15 years usually results in never getting better and the akathisia symptoms only get worse. I am incredibly scared by this all. because even though I get periods of windows short ones. the akathisia is so bad mentally that I feel so scared. I feel like im not going to heal from this. and reading that article really put me in a bad place. 

Chels, I think you are making things worse for yourself by reading fear stuff like that. I'm proof that that article is wrong.  I've been on SSRI 18 years, and I am much much better now than I was 1.5 to 2 years ago, when I did a too fast taper.  I do not have akathisia.  Stick with truly positive places like this forum.  I also enjoy The Daily Grind on YouTube, he is very positive.  He was on SSRI and Benzos for over 15 years, and made a complete recovery.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you could not start any more psych drugs, and just take really good care of yourself physically, mentally and spiritually, eventually you will start to feel better.  Time is the great healer when it comes to stuff like this.  But it takes a lot of patience.  Hang in there, it will gradually improve.  

Praying for you.  Jennifer

• Administrator

We have people here who have recovered from long antidepressant use.

Do you get these akathisia feelings only before you fall asleep?

If you find your symptoms intolerable:

On 11/23/2020 at 3:14 PM, Altostrata said:

What you might do is get a prescription for Prozac liquid and take 0.25mg (one-quarter milligram) to start. Prozac builds up over a couple of weeks. What happened was when you took 5mg Prozac, it ramped up over a couple of days and then was too strong for you. Sounds like Lexapro was too strong from the start, at the equivalent of 1.5mg-2mg Prozac increasing to 3-4mg Prozac.

@Altostrata would it be risky to reinstate? since I am already kindled trying to reinstate and had not great reactions that activated this withdrawal? I know I reinstated at too high of doses. 

if I don't reinstate can I still stabilize and recover? I am a little scared to reinstate and get worse. what would you do?

my last question is, even though I jumped from my taper too fast 8mg Zoloft 4mg prozac is it better I got down to smaller doses? and it took me two years to get there.

• Administrator

Please read my posts carefully and answer questions as completely as you can. I need to know this:

On 11/29/2020 at 11:51 AM, Altostrata said:

Do you get these akathisia feelings only before you fall asleep?

The reason I suggest an amount as small as 0.25mg Prozac is to limit risk. I understand you are sensitized.

@Altostrata I am able to sleep a little I get those akathisia feelings on and off throughout the day. i don't notice it being worse at night just more like a on and off feeling throughout the day.

how long do I hold the reinstatement dose to see? if I don't reinstate can I still stabilize?

• Mentor

Hi @Chels, i am sorry you are struggling from AD WD, i know it's a scary and awful place to be in ,and i imagine it might be worse while being pregnant.

I know you are very scared at the moment and have alot of bad thoughts and worries. Please do not beat yourself up and think you have made mistakes, as gridley said, we all here have made mistakes. You can't change the past. And it does not matter now whether what you did was CT, fast taper or right or wrong. It just happened and like many of us here, your nervous system is now very sensitive.

But i can tell you based on my own recovery path and based on the hundreds of success stories i read that your nervous system will heal if you give it enough time. You will not get worse do not worry. I do not know wether reinstatment will help you or not. I am just speaking from my personal experience. 

Please ignore those facebook groups, instead, you will find this website very helpful.

I wish you speedy recovery. 

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

has anyone here got akathisia from reinstatement of drugs and has recovered? i dont care about the other symptoms just the akathisia. PLEASE HELP

• Administrator

Chels, how often do you get this symptom you call akathisia? When you get it, is it always the same or is it different?

What is your sleep pattern?

Please do what you can to stay calm, don't add worry to your symptoms.

"has anyone here got akathisia from reinstatement of drugs and has recovered?"  YES

From reading your most recent posts it seems the fear of the symptoms and the future are actually more upsetting to you than the actual symptoms.

Now, I do know they are awful, but it seems your putting more emphasis on the catastrophizing the worst case scenarios and letting fear get the best of you.

When you worry and keep reading all of the bad stories, you accidentally make the symptoms worse by activating the anxiety and "fight or flight" syndrome.

Your brain then "wants" to continue to obsess over the problem and it becomes a vicious circle.

You will eventually stabilize if your reinstate or not, it will just take time.

Also the pregnancy hormones can be causing troubles you may be assuming is the WD or the adverse reaction.

Granted, everything works together in the brain but don't let the fear assume the worst about it all.

Only you can decide if you want to try to reinstate the 0.25mg Prozac.

There is no way of knowing if it will help or not but a small amount will limit risk.

Prozac builds up over a couple of weeks so need to give it time.

Also, when you answer a question you need to be as specific as possible, so when Alto asks "How is your sleeping", you need to be a little more detailed than "tossing and turning".  Do you have trouble falling asleep, or do you fall asleep ok but wake up too early? How many hours a night of sleep are you receiving?

So let us know what your sleep pattern is and When you get what you call akathisia  it, is it always the same or is it different? If different in what ways- for how long?

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

• Moderator Emeritus
53 minutes ago, Colonial said:

you accidentally make the symptoms worse by activating the anxiety and "fight or flight" syndrome.

Your brain then "wants" to continue to obsess over the problem and it becomes a vicious circle.

This is an excellent self help resource:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

This is the labelled diagram from the above site which explains what happens in the body when we are anxious:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Altostrata hi i get it pretty consistently throughout the day, its a heavy feeling of agitation, wanting to rip my skin open, throbbing and burning throughout my body, heart palp, terror so bad, and very suicidal i have never felt that before i reinstated two months ago.  i am able to sleep some if i go to bed around 11:30-12:00 some nights im able to sleep all the way through the night and some nights im jolted awake by a nightmare or feeling of restlessness. i always wake up soaked in sweat no matter how well or not well i slept.

@Colonial thank you for your words. i agree that reading into to things can make matters worse. and i try not to but i am extremely uncomfortable with these symptoms of akathisia.