Chels

Chels: 23 weeks pregnant and struggling

getofflex
On 11/21/2020 at 8:30 AM, Chels said:

@getofflex thank you Jennifer, I just am so scared about becoming a mom through this. I tried to do everything right but starting a slow taper almost 2 years ago but then I got so sick in the pregnancy. I’m not sure if I’m considered a cold turkey or not? I am trying so hard to accept this pain and suffering but it sometimes so hard I’m super emotional from this and hormones and everyday I just cry. 

@Gridley thank you so much for your patience and always answering my questions it means so much to me.

Chels I know this feels horrible, and it's so hard to accept.  Believe me, because I've been through it.  I'm also super emotional because I'm menopausal.  I went through menopause right as I was dealing with withdrawal, so I get it, to a certain extent.  If you can tough it out and hang in there, you will be fine, but it will take time.  I'll keep praying for you.  I'm really glad you have lots of help with the baby.  Please use it.  When we go through really tough times, like you are, it will make you stronger, and you can grow from pain and suffering.  I would also strongly recommend cultivating a strong relationship with God.  I have a strong faith in Jesus Christ, and He has gotten me through some very tough nights with akathisia and being unable to sleep and wanting to jump out of my skin.  But I'm feeling so much better now.  still not normal, but much better.  

Lexapro   April02 - Aug17: 10 mg,  ***  Aug17 - Sept17: 5 mg ***  Sept17 - Nov17:  2.5 mg,  ***  Nov17: 0 mg, ***   Dec17 - Aug18: 5 mg  ***    Aug/1/18 - Aug/30/18: 2.5 mg     *** Sep/1/18 - Sep/27/18:  1.25 mg. ***   Sep/28/18 - Oct/31/18:  2.5 mg,  ***  Nov/1/18 - Nov/15/18: 1.25 mg  ***   Nov/16/18 - Nov/30/18: 2.5 mg  ***   Dec/1/18 - Dec/27/18: 2.0 mg (switched to liquid)  ***    Dec/27/18 - Jan/31/19: 1.5 mg ***    Feb/1/19 - Feb/20/19: 1.0 mg  ***  Feb/21/19 - Mar/7/19: 0.5 mg  ***  Mar/8/19 - May/03/19: 0.8 mg ***   May/04/19 - May/13/19 0.7 mg ***  May/14/19 - May/24/19 0.6 mg *** May/25/19 - June/05/19. 0.5 mg *** June/06/19 - July/19/19 0.4 mg. ***  July/20/19 - Sep 14 2019 0.3 mg.  ***  Sep 15 2019 - Oct 21 2019 0.27 mg. *** Oct 22 2019 - Jan 18 2020 - 0.23 mg. *** Jan 19 2020 - April 1 2020 0.2 mg  ***  April 2 2020 - July 15 2020 0.18 mg *** July 16 2020 - August 22 0.17 mg, August 23 -- Oct 6 0.16 mg, Oct 7 - Nov 7 0.15 mg, Nov 8 - present 0.14

Trazodone.  used 50 mg once every 4-7 days for sleep, have discontinued altogether as of 12/23/19

Xanax. used 0.5 mg once every 4-7 days for sleep, have discontinued altogether as of 12/23/19 

When I cannot go to sleep, I take Benadryl 50 mg, Ibuprofen 800 mg, or Tylenol 1000 mg

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mag. in AM 1/2 hour before breakfast with 24 ounces water

supplements AM: omega 3 fish oil, flax seed oil, natural multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin E

supplements PM: Natural Calm magnesium 350 mg, GABA 750 mg, 5-HTP 50 mg. Estroven Sleep Cool and Calm (contains black cohosh 40 mg, soy isoflavones 56 mg) melatonin 3 mg

Chels

@getofflex Jennifer you are an angel I wish I could have you in person lol. Or a phone call.

2006- started Zoloft(eventually up to 100mgs)

January 2019 - started Prozac 10mg to start tapering off Zoloft 100mg started tapering 12.5mg every month until I hit about 37.5 mg then started liquid taper of Zoloft and Prozac 

July 2020 - 8mg of Zoloft 4 mg Prozac got pregnant and had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) stopped taking the medication because of the sickness

September 2020 - reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg 1 dose adverse reaction stopped 5 days later started lexapro .5 liquid for 6 days and 1mg 2 days ended up suicidal stopped immediately

October 2020 - started Prozac 5mg 1 week 10 mg 1 week and 15 mg days ended up so bad admitted to psych hospital where the doctor confirmed adverse reactions from withdrawal and stopped everything 

Altostrata
On 11/21/2020 at 6:30 AM, Chels said:

I just am so scared about becoming a mom through this.

Hello, Chels. There are a few things going on. First, if I were you, I'd talk about this with your therapist, putting aside your worries about withdrawal syndrome. What about being a mother is frightening to you?

Second, your family might want to help you, but they cannot solve your problem with withdrawal syndrome, they don't know anything about it. If they want to help, just ask them to give you support through your pregnancy and new baby, because you are finding it all pretty scary.

When you were in the hospital, you were very lucky you found one of the very few psychiatrists who know anything about withdrawal syndrome. Most would have put you on a few more drugs and sent you home.

Last, what are your current symptoms that you attribute to withdrawal? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

ChessieCat
25 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Second, your family might want to help you, but they cannot solve your problem with withdrawal syndrome, they don't know anything about it. If they want to help, just ask them to give you support through your pregnancy and new baby, because you are finding it all pretty scary.

It is usually better to specify what you would like help with.  That way they know what you need help with and it means that you won't get frustrated if you want them to help with a particular thing and they help with something that you don't want/need help with.

NEW!!!               INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

Chels

@Altostrata my family has said no matter what they will help me. Before the symptoms of this withdrawal hit I was so excited for my baby this was a planned pregnancy, now I feel trapped inside my body because I’m suffering so much. And it scares me because I feel like I can’t do anything.

It’s been two weeks since I have taken anything, I’m very scared because I know I’m kindled now and that made everything so much worse. My symptoms are severe anxiety, fear, heart palpitations, not getting a good nights sleep, vibration in body throughout arms hands and head, tired, out of it, feeling paralyzed like I can’t speak or anything, feeling like I’ll never get better from this, difficulty eating. 

January 2019 - started Prozac 10mg to start tapering off Zoloft 100mg started tapering 12.5mg every month until I hit about 37.5 mg then started liquid taper of Zoloft and Prozac 

July 2020 - 8mg of Zoloft 4 mg Prozac got pregnant and had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) stopped taking the medication because of the sickness

September 2020 - reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg 1 dose adverse reaction stopped 5 days later started lexapro .5 liquid for 6 days and 1mg 2 days ended up suicidal stopped immediately

October 2020 - started Prozac 5mg 1 week 10 mg 1 week and 15 mg days ended up so bad admitted to psych hospital where the doctor confirmed adverse reactions from withdrawal and stopped everything 

Chels

@Altostrata am I considered kindled because I jumped from 8mg of Zoloft and 4mg of Prozac when I was sick in my pregnancy and then tried to get on 12.5mg of Zoloft (took one pill) but a week later I took lexapro .5mg liquid for 6 days and 1 mg for two, then two weeks later was forced onto Prozac 5mg for one week 10 mg for one week and 15mg for two days, I had terrible reactions from all these reinstatement’s but it was not until I met the new psychiatrist who told me what I was experiencing was withdrawal that everyone stopped forcing medication down my throat so I’m confused if these are considered adverse reactions or kindling or both and does it slow down the healing process a lot? I’m in a Facebook group and they are quite arrogant with this they constantly say if your kindled it usually leads to suicide, akathisia and being wheelchair bound because of neurotoxicity, which has completely frightened me. That’s why I think I’m having a hard time coming to terms with this pregnancy now I feel hopeless like I will never get better and not be the mom I always dreamed of being

Altostrata

Please stop worrying about being "kindled". This is something that might happen if you take too much of a drug right now, because your nervous system is sensitized from the drug mishaps.

We have lots of people here who, with a lot of patience, let their nervous systems settle down and are doing well. You might limit your participation in a Facebook group that scares you.

How did you feel when you took 5mg Prozac for a week, before you increased it to 10mg Prozac?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Chels

@Altostrata I had okay days and really bad ones. The one thing I thought was weird was when I came off the Prozac after two weeks (which was two weeks ago) I had a pretty decent window but I wasn’t sure if the window was because the drug was still in my system or because I stopped taking it and it was aggravating me. And then I was hit with this awful wave of emotions suicidal thoughts and so much more. But everyone kept making raise the dose of Prozac after a week because I was getting worse and worse and it wasn’t until I met the psychiatrist at the psych hospital who felt like what was happening was adverse reactions mixed with a bit of withdrawal. I didn’t start feeling any of these uncomfortable symptoms until I tried to add the Zoloft back in (at too high of a dose) 2 months ago and it was like BAM I was hit with a whole new world of disaster. That stupid Facebook group I was apart of says that after one dose of medication your brain is changed? Do you think there’s truth to that? 

Chels

@Altostrata would my case be considered kindled? 

Altostrata
8 minutes ago, Chels said:

That stupid Facebook group I was apart of says that after one dose of medication your brain is changed? Do you think there’s truth to that? 

I think I know which Facebook group you're talking about. They do more harm than good with their catastrophizing.

Please forget about kindling. It's not a condition, it's a reaction to a drug. That happened when you took too much SSRI.

How did you feel when you took 5mg Prozac for a week, before you increased it to 10mg Prozac?

How did you feel when you were taking 0.5mg Lexapro, before you took 1mg?

Chels

@Altostrata the lexapro was worse than the Prozac honestly. I felt awful on it. The 5 mg of Prozac I had like two okay days and then was hit with waves. 

am I considered a cold turkey withdrawal even though I did a slow taper for a year and half and got down to 8mg of Zoloft and 4 mg of Prozac? I only discontinued because of how sick I got in the first trimester, that Facebook group says I’m now in cold turkey, kindled, and I’m at risk for paws and neurotoxicity.