Ramona

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Ramona said:

I m taking Propanolo 40 mg x3 times a day 

Diazepam 2 mg x 3 times at day

Mirtazapine evening around 22.30 15 mg

Zopiclone 7.5 mg arround 23

Thanks for providing more information.

But we still need the times of day (o'clock) you are taking Propranolol and diazepam. 

Edited by Shep
added drug names

2 minutes ago, Shep said:

Thanks for providing more information.

But we still need the times of day (o'clock) you are taking Propranolol and diazepam. 

Propanolo  9.30 2.30 6.30

Diazepam 10 14.00  20 

Mirtazapine 22.30

Zopoclone 23.00

Antidepressants (including fluoxetine) prescribed around July 2020. Possible adverse reaction.

Since beginning of November 2020, taking: 

Propranolol 40 mg at 9.30 2.30 18:30

Diazepam 2 mg at 10 14.00  20 

Mirtazapine 15 mg at 22.30

Zopoclone 7.5 mg at 23.00

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Ramona. I've added a signature based on your posts. Please let me know if this is correct. 

Questions:

1. How many hours do you sleep at night?
  2. What are your symptoms? 
  3. When do you experience your symptoms? What time(s) of the day are worse? 

Just now, Shep said:

Thanks, Ramona. I've added a signature based on your posts. Please let me know if this is correct. 

Questions:

1. How many hours do you sleep at night?
  2. What are your symptoms? 
  3. When do you experience your symptoms? What time(s) of the day are worse? 

With the tablets I manage to sleep 5 6 hours at night as tough I need to jump out of bed for restlessness in my legs and a strange feeling of adrenaline rush running through my body, the worster symptoms are an increased inner restlessness and agitation after antidepressants use, the worster and frightening one due to this severe agitation and suicidal thoughts as urges and so much fear, the mornings and during the day is awful I can have a little bit of relax is only late evenings

Antidepressants (including fluoxetine) prescribed around July 2020. Possible adverse reaction.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Ramona said:

With the tablets I manage to sleep 5 6 hours at night as tough I need to jump out of bed for restlessness in my legs and a strange feeling of adrenaline rush running through my body, the worster symptoms are an increased inner restlessness and agitation after antidepressants use, the worster and frightening one due to this severe agitation and suicidal thoughts as urges and so much fear, the mornings and during the day is awful I can have a little bit of relax is only late evenings

You are taking 3 drugs at night: diazepam, mirtazapine, and zopiclone. All are sleep drugs. Diazepam and zopiclone are related, there is duplicated effect from them. There is no need to take both.

The restleness after you take these drugs sounds like a paradoxical reaction. This means the drugs have an effect opposite of the one intended. Most likely, the combination of 3 sleep drugs at once is too much for you.

Did you start taking diazepam, mirtazapine, and zopiclone at the same time, in early November? 

If I were you, I'd start tapering zopiclone to reduce this paradoxical reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If I were you, I'd start tapering zopiclone to reduce this paradoxical reaction.

@RamonaPlease see these threads on how to reduce a drug using a scale or doing a liquid taper:

Using a digital scale to measure doses

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Because zopiclone and diazepam are closely related and because you've only been on these drugs a few weeks, it's possible that the diazepam may cover the zopiclone withdrawal, or at least make it less severe. 

You could start with a 10% reduction and see if you feel better. It's possible you may be able to go a bit faster. Please post your thoughts and any questions you have about reducing the zopiclone. 

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Hello @Malbec37, how are you doing? Hope Christmas has been ok. I'm heading down to Chippenham to see my parents tomorrow, got too freaked out by lockdown in London to go at Christmas. Hope the West Country is a bit calmer.

Love you hope all goes well for you I m not feeling well tough i ve reduced the doses I feel awful very bad thoughts and I became all of a sudden aggressive me being the most kind soul is all due to these mind altering tablets than more than help stolen people s life and their families

How are u doing Ramona?

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:42 AM, Altostrata said:

You are taking 3 drugs at night: diazepam, mirtazapine, and zopiclone. All are sleep drugs. Diazepam and zopiclone are related, there is duplicated effect from them. There is no need to take both.

The restleness after you take these drugs sounds like a paradoxical reaction. This means the drugs have an effect opposite of the one intended. Most likely, the combination of 3 sleep drugs at once is too much for you.

Did you start taking diazepam, mirtazapine, and zopiclone at the same time, in early November? 

I m in hospital again I feel so bad they took off mirtazapina and Zopiclone and vortioxetine all of a sudden they gave me gabapentin and depakin I feel awful even the look in my eyes is changed I lost my job I m far from the kids and all I love my life is a mess I m desperate can t stop crying 

On 12/28/2020 at 6:46 AM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

How are u? I am sorry I haven’t written for so long but I have been very bad myself ... 

I m awful I m in hospital they took off my mirtazapine and vortioxetina and still let me on diazepam they put me on gabapentin and depakin I can't stop crying even the look in my eyes is changed I m far from my kids from all that I love I lost the job because of long term absence I lost my life still have a tiny hope that God will love me and save me giving my life and my family back and my joy and my smile I feel awful sys I love you i m proud of you that u are out all of this 

I am sorry Ramona. I ll be praying these changes in medication might help u, and once u stabilize u can think about tapering. I am seeing improvements but i am not out of it, still every day is a hell on earth but I am having short windows now and I am hopeful things will get better. Who is with ur kids now? Let me know if there is any change in the way u feel. I am proud of u too for going through all these ....

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Are u still in the hospital? How are u feeling under the new meds? Thinking of you a lot

Symptoms while on zoloft

Feeling awful my sister they are antiepileptics and I don't have epilepsy feeling very tearful scared and suicidal I love you i miss my little kids and mom am I gonna be able to be myself again I will ever get my life back and my family love you sys pray for me

I am praying for u every day and yes you ll take ur life back slowly. All these is going to be a bad memory soon. Do u feel even slightly better compared to how u felt before? They might be epileptics but they help for akathisia. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I m not taking any supplements they put me on depakin and neurontin and cut off mirtazapine and diazepam all of a sudden I diddnnt feel any whitdrwal yet

• 1 month later...

I ve stopped it 5 weeks ago the worst I ve got was burning itchy skin bad insomnia bad tinnitus and one of my hear is broken inside even tough I didn't get any trauma I ve got brown marks on my skin and guess what the dermatologist was proposing another antidepressants to heal the rush I m still on benzo s to keep a bit calmer tough i m out of work lost my life my joy my kids as I can't sit still with them not even for a movie racing crazy thoughts and tough the few hours of sleep full of nightmares I don't know how long it takes but try to avoid any other prescriptions me from the acatasia given from. The remeron put me on 6 months of benzo to calm the agitation down after that they said is bipolar so they pushed other tablets antiepileptics and antipsihotic I m. Still on benzo and I became tolerant so I still take them trying to go down even I wish I could stop all  toghether but I m scared of i m gonna make it and survive without going back on their hands and being pumped again just give time eat well try to go for walks music or else who keep u out of thinking about and God or else you have faith in just pray I let all to God maybe he will have pitty on me and my pain 

25 minutes ago, Malbec37 said:

Hi Wagen 

yes currently the buzzing has mostly stopped although it does come back more when stressed and I’m sure it’ll come back when I start to taper again.

sleep problems also a big part of this unfortunately but they will get better 

Did any of you had problems with diazepam for long term and how did u came out without dying 

Hi Ramona, how are you doing?

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Try some Melatonin I can get few hours with it but 9 mg

• Administrator

Hello, Ramona, you're taking 9mg melatonin? Have you tried taking less?

Hi is not working even with 10 mg I take non more than 6 hours and I m still cutting off benzo and it hurts not only physical but mentally is such a pain nightmares bad thoughts suicidal thoughts and sometimes even worster very bad akathisia if I don't get at least a bit of sleep I will loose my mind ending up in hospital again it works a bit not always but with 10 mg I can get 5 6 hours of sleep and I ve got no choice sometimes I just think if this will ever end I m slipping down into depression again and the akathisia the anxiety agitation is so bad and I didn't withdraw yet benzo I m stuck as I feel I can't 

• Administrator

You said this:

On 3/2/2021 at 7:28 AM, Ramona said:

Try some Melatonin I can get few hours with it but 9 mg

You were getting a few hours of sleep with 9mg melatonin? How long were you taking 9mg? Did you ever take less than 9mg?