SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Marian: Haldol and more - desperate

Marian

Im happy to hear you avoided the trap of longterm AD and AP use and you are somewhat recovering. I was wondering how you are now. I hope and pray you will recover more. 

I indeed am happy im not on multiple drugs anymore. Today he started about benzo's and an antidepressant again "because your depression needs to be treated too". I think it is quite healthy to feel sad at times after all that happened. Im not even currently depressed and i rather have bouts of sadness and guilt than more pills. 

Im also happy i am on such a low dose now again of the antipsychotic. 

Sometimes i am just angry, thinking of all the pain to me and others that could have been avoided, had someone honestly told me about medication before i started it...i would have never started if i had known. 

There is a lot to be grateful for too though. Im off benzos, off the AD, partly off the AP, and i recovered enough feelings to make life worthwhile again.  

2011-2012 Adjustment disorder with anxiety. Oxazepam, seroquel. 

2012 Cold turkeyed both, psychosis

2012 Haldol, ativan

2013-2014 Efexor 

2014 Quick taper, psychosis 

2014-2016 Bad interaction with antibiotic (fluoroquinolone). On and off haldol many times, cold turkeyed.  

2016 Olanzapine

2016-2018 Back to haldol, slow taper without doc 2mg to 0.5mg

2018-2020 0.5mg haldol

Nov 2020 Stressrelated psychosis. Begin dec 2020 Ativan 10mg, half dec 0mg. Haldol begin dec 2.5mg. Jan haldol 1mg.

Exactly my point , you have done very well. And it is absolutely fine to feel sad sometimes, it makes I appreciate happy moments when they come.

I am still in lots of suffering I am not claiming I am nowhere normal or ok but I have been improving without drugs and that is a big accomplished 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

I agree. I dont want my feelings numbed, not the happy ones, but not the difficult ones either. 

I am sorry you are still suffering. I really hope you will recover more and more. My prayers for you.  

2011-2012 Adjustment disorder with anxiety. Oxazepam, seroquel. 

2012 Cold turkeyed both, psychosis

2012 Haldol, ativan

2013-2014 Efexor 

2014 Quick taper, psychosis 

2014-2016 Bad interaction with antibiotic (fluoroquinolone). On and off haldol many times, cold turkeyed.  

2016 Olanzapine

2016-2018 Back to haldol, slow taper without doc 2mg to 0.5mg

2018-2020 0.5mg haldol

Nov 2020 Stressrelated psychosis. Begin dec 2020 Ativan 10mg, half dec 0mg. Haldol begin dec 2.5mg. Jan haldol 1mg.