impartialcarp: I need advice mirtazapine

impartialcarp

Hello I need an advice , I m using mirtazapine 30 mg for 15 days and I then I took 22.5 mg 1 night then now I took 15 mg the last 2 nights. I want to get rid of it. Can someone please give me an advice if I can just stop it now or not. 

I was taking Lormetazepam 2 mg since 2015 due to an alcohol stop to make me sleep. I stayed on it but alcohol came back 2 years after and I was on the alcohol plus Lormetazepam. Then October 2020 I stopped alcohol but I felt no good. Doctors gave me 15mg of Diazepam and take 1 mg of Lormetazepam. Then reduce too fast by doctors the Diazepam and I felt withdrawal of it. So I cold turkey everything and then hell started. No sleep and I tryied to reinstate my Lormetazepam 2 mg but was not effective. I stayed like that for 2 months and it was worse and worse everyday because I was sleeping only 3 hours a night so stress then anxiety then huge anxiety then panic attacks more and more then suicidal thoughts. I went after a lot of doctors to a psychiatrist who gave me Mirtazapine 30 mg the 23 december 2020 and I was switching my benzo to Diazepam due to Ashton manual it took me 3 weeks to switch. It was during mid December 2020 and in the beginning it was accute anxiety and suicidal thoughts. But it decreased by the time that the mirt had to settle and that I was switching my Diazepam. Now I m taking 15 mg Diazepam and 15 mg mirtazapine because the mirt is the only thing that make me sleep. And Im feeling almost good because I sleep I didnt had a panic attack since 2 weeks ago due to the mirt and the Diazepam. I mgoing to stabilize me to feel really good for a while. We agreed that with my psychiatrist. Idont drink anymore I dont want to. 

• manymoretodays changed the title to impartialcarp: I need advice mirtazapine

And for an update I tryed to not take my mirt yesterday evening because I m also taking 15 mg of Diazepam but I slept 2 hours. Ive tried to go back to sleep but nothing and 2 hours later I took 7.5 mg of mirtazapine and when I woke up to go to work I was completely drugged. I managed the day but now I dont know what to do for tonight. I need help.

I was taking Lormetazepam 2 mg since 2015 due to an alcohol stop to make me sleep. I stayed on it but alcohol came back 2 years after and I was on the alcohol plus Lormetazepam. Then October 2020 I stopped alcohol but I felt no good. Doctors gave me 15mg of Diazepam and take 1 mg of Lormetazepam. Then reduce too fast by doctors the Diazepam and I felt withdrawal of it. So I cold turkey everything and then hell started. No sleep and I tryied to reinstate my Lormetazepam 2 mg but was not effective. I stayed like that for 2 months and it was worse and worse everyday because I was sleeping only 3 hours a night so stress then anxiety then huge anxiety then panic attacks more and more then suicidal thoughts. I went after a lot of doctors to a psychiatrist who gave me Mirtazapine 30 mg the 23 december 2020 and I was switching my benzo to Diazepam due to Ashton manual it took me 3 weeks to switch. It was during mid December 2020 and in the beginning it was accute anxiety and suicidal thoughts. But it decreased by the time that the mirt had to settle and that I was switching my Diazepam. Now I m taking 15 mg Diazepam and 15 mg mirtazapine because the mirt is the only thing that make me sleep. And Im feeling almost good because I sleep I didnt had a panic attack since 2 weeks ago due to the mirt and the Diazepam. I mgoing to stabilize me to feel really good for a while. We agreed that with my psychiatrist. Idont drink anymore I dont want to. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, impatialcarp.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please let us know more about your psychiatric drug history. You've been on mirtazapine about two weeks. How long have you been on diazepam? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in setting up a taper. 

4 hours ago, Shep said:

Hi, impatialcarp.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please let us know more about your psychiatric drug history. You've been on mirtazapine about two weeks. How long have you been on diazepam? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in setting up a taper. 

I did my signature. sorry for my english I speak french

• Moderator Emeritus

Your English is fine, impartialcarp. Thank for adding a signature. I've highlighted it so we can see the key information. 

What date did you start mirtazapine? Please add that date to your signature.

Are you still drinking or did you stop for good? 

What time(s) of the day do you take diazepam and mirtazapine? 

It's really important to be very consistent with your drugs, so taking them at the same time(s) of the day and the same dose will help you stabilize. 

5 hours ago, Shep said:

Your English is fine, impartialcarp. Thank for adding a signature. I've highlighted it so we can see the key information. 

What date did you start mirtazapine? Please add that date to your signature.

Are you still drinking or did you stop for good? 

What time(s) of the day do you take diazepam and mirtazapine? 

It's really important to be very consistent with your drugs, so taking them at the same time(s) of the day and the same dose will help you stabilize. 

I dont drink anymore since 10 October 2020 and its for good. It brang me too much problems. I dont want to and I dont need to.

I take my mirtazapine around 11 pm and my Diazepam 11.30 pm. kind of. Only 1 take at night time before bed. 

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, impartialcarp said:

I dont drink anymore since 10 October 2020 and its for good. It brang me too much problems. I dont want to and I dont need to.

I take my mirtazapine around 11 pm and my Diazepam 11.30 pm. kind of. Only 1 take at night time before bed. 

You've been on diazepam long enough to be dependent, but you may not be dependent yet on the mirtazapine. Do you need both mirtazapine and diazepam at night to sleep? 

4 hours ago, Shep said:

You've been on diazepam long enough to be dependent, but you may not be dependent yet on the mirtazapine. Do you need both mirtazapine and diazepam at night to sleep? 

unfortunetly yes I ve done the experiment and the Diazepam made me sleep but only 2 hours. Then I woke up and wasnt able to sleep anymore. I dont want to live again the lack of sleep who brings to stress then anxiety then panic attack all day long. I dont want to live by the pills but it looks that I have no choice for now. I have to be stabilize and then I m going to work with my psychiatrist to start a slow taper. Thanks for your replies. If you have a good plan be my guest. The less painful one please.

• Moderator Emeritus

You may find some helpful tips here:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

As you become more consistent with your drugs - taking them at the same times of the evening and at the same dose - hopefully your sleep will improve and then you can start a slow taper of no more than 10% a month, based on the previous month's dose (not the original dose).