Jump to content

chemicaljail: Coming off Duloxetine


chemicaljail

Recommended Posts

chemicaljail

I've been on anti-depressants since I was 15 years old. Now aged 31 I have decided to come off them because Radiohead were right "the drugs don't work they just make you worse."

 

As a psychologist in training, my sense is that I have been wrongly diagnosed. My most recent diagnosis is borderline PD. But through experience and my profession, I'm fairly certain I'm Autistic. 

About one month ago I reduced my 90mg of Duloxetine to 60mg. It actually wasn't an active decision but because the pharmacy didn't have any 60mg in stock. So I thought "**** it" I will give it a go and reduce. It's been awful. I have pretty much constant suicidal ideation and have stopped talking to friends and family. But I would rather live a miserable life and have no friends than to be on medication that I hate with a passion.

SSRI's and SNRI's DON'T WORK long term. if they did then why would I have exhausted the list of them over the years? I'm now considering Ketamine infusion treatment but I can't afford that at the moment and thats pretty much the same issue. I have been one of those people that believes that anti-depressant medication is like taking heart medication... unfortunately that rationale is far too simple to apply to such a complex organ as the brain. 

I think back to my 15 year old self. I wish some one would tell me not to take that Citalopram. But I was told by my family and doctors that I should. No one told me of the risks, that I would be on them long term. And that's why I've decided that I have to come off them. To be an example. I feel for GP's that believe the medication that they prescribe works. So I have made it my duty to fight against oppression. Because essentially that's what it is. They way I can do that is to try and come off the drugs that make things worse. 

Edited by manymoretodays
name to title, tag

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
  • manymoretodays changed the title to chemicaljail: Coming off Duloxetine
  • Administrator

Hello, Chemicaljail.

 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, chemicaljail said:

About one month ago I reduced my 90mg of Duloxetine to 60mg. It actually wasn't an active decision but because the pharmacy didn't have any 60mg in stock. So I thought "**** it" I will give it a go and reduce. 

 

You may want to increase this to 75 mg. You came off a month ago, so your nervous system may be sensitized now, so going back up may be problematic. Even though you have 60 mg capsules, you can open up the capsules and count the beads and make whatever dose you need.

 

Please have a thorough read of at least the first post in this thread. It gives very specific instructions for making up your dose by bead-counting: 

 

Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta)

 

Please let us know what type of duloxetine you are using. Is it the delayed release, regular release, etc?

 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, chemicaljail said:

As a psychologist in training, my sense is that I have been wrongly diagnosed. My most recent diagnosis is borderline PD. But through experience and my profession, I'm fairly certain I'm Autistic. 

 

I wouldn't trap yourself into any diagnosis while you're still dealing with the effects of these drugs. You're a thoughtful human being dealing with a drug dependency problem not of your own making. Try to be gentle with yourself. No need for name calling. 

 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

  • Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in setting up your taper. 

 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

 

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance


I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

 

Link to post
chemicaljail

Dear Shep, 

 

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your advice. I have read the bead reduction method and I intend to do that when I level out on 60 mg of Duloxetine. 

 

I don't want to increase again to 75mg because I feel like I've already done a lot of hard work of withdrawing i.e. crying and baring the suicidal thoughts, sweating.  I'm too stubborn right now to increase because I hate my medication so much and I'm convinced its the enemy. 

 

Over the weekend I didn't take my medication at all and it was terrible. Again, because I'm not well I was having literal arguments with my pills, expressing my hatred toward them. And I decided that I was never going to speak to anyone ever again.. I then though I had better take a dose before I end up doing something 'stupid.'

 

I'm not in a good place. I really wish I could leave this world. but I know I have to stay. So it's a real dilemma that I think about every day. At the moment I have covid too so it's all just not a very happy time. I feel disappointed that I am not more ill, that I am not in a critical condition. I feel like death is teasing me. 

 

You're right about the labels being inappropriate. I added to my signature strip too, as suggested. I don't really remember the doses of the other anti-depressants but I remember my most recent psychiatrist said there are no other anti-depressants I can try and she offered me Quatiapine as an alternative, which I declined. 

 

Thank you for allowing me to share on this website. It distracted me this evening as I couldn't stop crying. I have since calmed down and will now attempt to fall asleep. In the morning I will put my psychotherapist hat on and support a child with his behaviour... absurb I know...my self is split between extremes ;) 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, chemicaljail said:

I don't want to increase again to 75mg because I feel like I've already done a lot of hard work of withdrawing i.e. crying and baring the suicidal thoughts, sweating.  I'm too stubborn right now to increase because I hate my medication so much and I'm convinced its the enemy. 

 

 

Your drug is a drug, plain and simple. I wouldn't give it any more power than that. 

 

It's not a "medication." It wasn't prescribed to fix anything wrong with your brain or nervous system. But right now, it's a tool that you can use by manipulating the dose to make you feel better and then to slowly taper off.

 

 

14 hours ago, chemicaljail said:

Thank you for allowing me to share on this website. It distracted me this evening as I couldn't stop crying. I have since calmed down and will now attempt to fall asleep. In the morning I will put my psychotherapist hat on and support a child with his behaviour... absurb I know...my self is split between extremes ;) 

 

If this child had his or her drug suddenly reduced by 33% and was in pain, would you advocate that he or she continue to suffer or that perhaps increasing to 75 mg might be an option worth trying? 

 

I would treat yourself as kindly as you treat your clients. 

 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

 

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance


I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

 

Link to post
  • Moderator
manymoretodays

Hi chemicaljail, and welcome aboard,

 

Good job on the signature.  With the most recent changes, go ahead, add in the dates too with the duloxetine.

Did you go on up to 75 mg, with the bead counting method?  Or just get back on at the 60 mg dosage?

And if so, how are you doing with either of those options?

 

It is important to stay consistent with your dosing, take the same amount/dose, each day, at the same time. 

And it may take a little bit of time now, to stabilize, in the WD stable way.

We often see healing in: a Windows and Waves pattern of stabilization

Some of your symptoms of depression now could even be attributed to WD.  We can often get into some real extremes during WD, of feelings. 

We call those neuroemotions around here, and they sometimes can be intense.

So please hang on.

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal symptom checklist

 

I'm glad to read you held off on the quetiapine.  And I'd encourage you to wait before trying something like Ketamine.  I'm only guessing, but I think they might cold turkey you off any medications you are presently on, before trying that........and then even if not, it's unlikely, at least in my opinion, to give any long term relief.

Ketamine treatment

Ketamine-like drug okayed for severe depression

Opinion: The New ketamine-based Antidepressant is a Rip Off

 

And oh, I do know how it feels to be locked into a very low state, and yes, you've caught on, that so much is due to these drug treatments over time, and changes in them, and you may just be another pretty normal person, about to embark on a great new awakening.........with time, and patience though.  Unfortunately, as we can't turn back time.  Anger is to be expected, and a normal response.

 

And how are you coming along with your Covid infection.......I would imagine that even a mild case, while in WD(withdrawal) could feel especially tough?

 

What is withdrawal syndrome?

Brain remodeling

 

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. And sleep is really important during withdrawal.

 

And then we generally advocate for a harm reduction practice with WD:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Some will do less of a percentage drop from the previous dose too.

 

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

 

Just wanted to further welcome you, and please don't hesitate to just ask, if questions.  Right here on your Introduction is good.  And do keep us updated.  You don't have to look at all those links today, you'll just have some of the basics now, right here on your Intro to refer to.

 

And okay.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

 

And no worries, I really think you'll be able to taper further, once you get stabilized on an updose.

 

Let us know what you decided, and keep us updated please.

 

 

 

 

Edited by manymoretodays

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

 

Link to post
  • Administrator
Altostrata

@chemicaljail please stop reducing your drugs right now, this will make your withdrawal symptoms worse and set up a scenario of protracted withdrawal once you're off. Hopefully, your withdrawal symptoms will decrease as you hold at this dosage level for some weeks, maybe months. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Hi ChemicalJail - my situation is similar to yours - I'm in London and am on 60mg duloxetine after trying to get off it with this forum's help in 2019. But failed and have been back on the drugs since late 2019. I've been on antidepressants since 1997 and duloxetine for about 10 years. Currently feel bloody awful and it isn't COVID because I just hd a test!

FYI it was The Verve who sang the Drugs don't work - not Radiohead!!! 

  • ADs since 1997. Prozac made me worse. Venlafaxine XL or XR gave me nightmares. Sertraline pretty good. Changed to duloxetine 60mg around 2010. Also low dose Amitriptyline for bladder pain. 
  • 2017 to June 2018 duloxetine 60mg. June '18 - 30mg. December '18 - 20mg. Plus amitriptyline 25 mg.
  • 2019 March - began tapering duloxetine by 10% as per instructions on site  on 10th March starting at 18mg. Made me teary, over emotional, anxious and very irritable with family.
  •       - 21st March  went back on 20mg to try and stabilise. 
  •         - Went down to 18mg mid May  - went well. Amitriptyline now 10mg. 
  •        - June 16mg - went ok, some symptoms
  •        - 14mg early July.  Struggling now bad anxiety; went to 14.33mg on 18th July, struggled, updosed to 14.5mg 21st July.                 - Still struggling. 13.05mg since 2nd September.
  • 2019 late September gave up and went back up on Duloxetine 
  • 2020 duloxetine 60mg, amitriptyline 10mg, magnesium.
  • 2nd half of 2020 Gradually reduced from 60 slowly to 40mg over about 6 months.
  • Feb 2021 back on 60mg Duloxetine. 
Link to post
dirtvoid

It wasn't Radiohead it was the Verve 😉

2009-2017 - Prozac 40mg, Risperdal 3mg, 200mg Seroquel, 7.5mg Zopiclone, 1.5mg Lorazepaml,, Setraline 50mg, Valium, 6mg Clonzepam, 1mg, Zopiclone 7.5mg, - Adderall 20mg, Ritalin - 20mg, Clonazepam 1mg, Zopiclone, Trazadone 50mg, Citalopram 40mgh, Strattera - 40mg -  Abilify 5mg - Trazadone - 250mg - 40mg Testostedrone - Seroqual - 100mg  -Remeron 50mg - Clonazepam 1mg > 5-6mg (and Bridge to Valium 40mg), Pregabalin - 300mg > 600mg, Ritalin 40mg,  0.25m>0.5mll Testosterone Entate, Adderall 30mg, Oxycodone 10mg, Loxapine 40mg, Seroquel 100mg, Lamitical 75mg, Cyclobenzaprine 15mg.
  October - 2017 - Begin Valium taper at 40mg - 2mg every two weeks June 2018 - Raid Detox in rehab from 200mg Tramadol, 600mg Pregabalin 4mg Valium over 3 weeks. August 2018 Cold Turkey 70mg Lisdexamfetamine  October 2018 - 30mg Cymbalta,  Feburary 2019 reinstate 70mg Lisdexamfetamine March 2019 Cold turkey Cymbalta&Lisdexamfetamine July 2019 - Reinstate 30mg Cymbalta and 70mg Lisdexamfetamine. October 2019  start taper 5-10% Cymbalta every 2-4 weeks 

February 2021

2.42mg Cymbalta (15 beads) 

0.4ml Testosterone Enantate IM biweekly

Discontinued CT - Lisdexamfetamine 70mg 
March 2021
2.2mg Cymbalta (14 beads) - 0.2ml Testosterone Weekly 

Link to post
chemicaljail
On 3/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, Miffy said:

Hi ChemicalJail - my situation is similar to yours - I'm in London and am on 60mg duloxetine after trying to get off it with this forum's help in 2019. But failed and have been back on the drugs since late 2019. I've been on antidepressants since 1997 and duloxetine for about 10 years. Currently feel bloody awful and it isn't COVID because I just hd a test!

FYI it was The Verve who sang the Drugs don't work - not Radiohead!!! 

 

MY BAD! shame on me for my incorrect musical reference. Thank you for sharing that you find you relate to my post with the duloxetine. 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
chemicaljail
5 minutes ago, dirtvoid said:

It wasn't Radiohead it was the Verve 😉

Yes okay! Miffy corrected my too. :P 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
chemicaljail
On 1/18/2021 at 11:07 PM, Altostrata said:

@chemicaljail please stop reducing your drugs right now, this will make your withdrawal symptoms worse and set up a scenario of protracted withdrawal once you're off. Hopefully, your withdrawal symptoms will decrease as you hold at this dosage level for some weeks, maybe months. Please let us know how you're doing.

Hello. I'm still here. I wanted to check in and say I am still on 60mg duloxetine. I have been taking one mini pill out of the capsule. but now I have 30mg caps so I need to have a read of the post again to see how I can reduce that. 

My mood has been pretty horrendous recently. suicidal thoughts have been pretty much every day. But the last couple days they seem to be a bit less. 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
chemicaljail
On 1/14/2021 at 12:41 PM, Shep said:

 

Your drug is a drug, plain and simple. I wouldn't give it any more power than that. 

 

It's not a "medication." It wasn't prescribed to fix anything wrong with your brain or nervous system. But right now, it's a tool that you can use by manipulating the dose to make you feel better and then to slowly taper off.

 

 

 

If this child had his or her drug suddenly reduced by 33% and was in pain, would you advocate that he or she continue to suffer or that perhaps increasing to 75 mg might be an option worth trying? 

 

I would treat yourself as kindly as you treat your clients. 

 

 

Hello Shep. Thank you for your kind words. I have been trying to be kinder to myself and take the pressure off myself. 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
chemicaljail
On 1/15/2021 at 1:26 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi chemicaljail, and welcome aboard,

 

Good job on the signature.  With the most recent changes, go ahead, add in the dates too with the duloxetine.

Did you go on up to 75 mg, with the bead counting method?  Or just get back on at the 60 mg dosage?

And if so, how are you doing with either of those options?

 

It is important to stay consistent with your dosing, take the same amount/dose, each day, at the same time. 

And it may take a little bit of time now, to stabilize, in the WD stable way.

We often see healing in: a Windows and Waves pattern of stabilization

Some of your symptoms of depression now could even be attributed to WD.  We can often get into some real extremes during WD, of feelings. 

We call those neuroemotions around here, and they sometimes can be intense.

So please hang on.

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal symptom checklist

 

I'm glad to read you held off on the quetiapine.  And I'd encourage you to wait before trying something like Ketamine.  I'm only guessing, but I think they might cold turkey you off any medications you are presently on, before trying that........and then even if not, it's unlikely, at least in my opinion, to give any long term relief.

Ketamine treatment

Ketamine-like drug okayed for severe depression

Opinion: The New ketamine-based Antidepressant is a Rip Off

 

And oh, I do know how it feels to be locked into a very low state, and yes, you've caught on, that so much is due to these drug treatments over time, and changes in them, and you may just be another pretty normal person, about to embark on a great new awakening.........with time, and patience though.  Unfortunately, as we can't turn back time.  Anger is to be expected, and a normal response.

 

And how are you coming along with your Covid infection.......I would imagine that even a mild case, while in WD(withdrawal) could feel especially tough?

 

What is withdrawal syndrome?

Brain remodeling

 

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. And sleep is really important during withdrawal.

 

And then we generally advocate for a harm reduction practice with WD:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Some will do less of a percentage drop from the previous dose too.

 

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

 

Just wanted to further welcome you, and please don't hesitate to just ask, if questions.  Right here on your Introduction is good.  And do keep us updated.  You don't have to look at all those links today, you'll just have some of the basics now, right here on your Intro to refer to.

 

And okay.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

 

And no worries, I really think you'll be able to taper further, once you get stabilized on an updose.

 

Let us know what you decided, and keep us updated please.

 

 

 

 

Hello mmt, 

 

I'm still on 60mg and now moving onto 30mg caps so think I'm gonna play around with those a bit see if I can get some control over like I felt I had on the 60mg's. I was taking one mini pill out of the 60mg duloxetines, but actually my mood has been pretty terrible. Two 30mgs did lift my mood. 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
  • Administrator
Altostrata
4 hours ago, chemicaljail said:

Hello. I'm still here. I wanted to check in and say I am still on 60mg duloxetine. I have been taking one mini pill out of the capsule. but now I have 30mg caps so I need to have a read of the post again to see how I can reduce that. 

My mood has been pretty horrendous recently. suicidal thoughts have been pretty much every day. But the last couple days they seem to be a bit less. 

 

Hello, I am confused. You were taking 60mg, are you taking 2 30mg capsules? 

 

What does this mean "I have been taking one mini pill out of the capsule". Are the capsules filled with tiny beads or mini-tablets?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
chemicaljail
7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

 

Hello, I am confused. You were taking 60mg, are you taking 2 30mg capsules? 

 

What does this mean "I have been taking one mini pill out of the capsule". Are the capsules filled with tiny beads or mini-tablets?

 

Hello, 

What I mean is, I have finished my 60mg caps. And now I am using 2 30 mg capsules daily. 

For the 60mg caps they have small mini pills inside, so I was taking 1 of those out. 

For the 30mg caps they have tiny balls inside. I haven't taken any out yet though. For some reason if I take two 30mg rather that one 60mg I feel more buzzed. My plan is to remove the tiny beads from the 30mgs starting from today. 

2006 - 2007 (16 yo) citalopram (dose unknown)

2008 - 2009 fluoxetine (dose unknown) 

2009 - 2012 - venlafaxine (dose unknown) 

2012 - escitalopram (dose unknown) 

2013 - 2016 - sertaline, lamotrogine (dose unknown) 

2016 - 2017 - sertraline (dose unknown) 

2017 Duloxetine 30mg 

2018 -2019 60 mg 

2019-2020 90 mg

2021 60 mg 

Link to post
  • Administrator
Altostrata
12 hours ago, chemicaljail said:

For the 60mg caps they have small mini pills inside, so I was taking 1 of those out. 

 

If you were subtracting a mini-tablet from 60mg, you were taking less than 60mg. If there were 6 mini-tablets in the capsule, you were taking 50mg duloxetine.

 

If you are taking 2 30mg capsules now, you have updosed to 60mg. This may have increased the stimulation from the drug.

 

Be sure to keep track of how many beads you remove as you taper. See Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta)

 

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy