SecondTime: Hello! Need some advice

SecondTime

• Administrator
15 hours ago, SecondTime said:

I was able  to finally find a new doc, but they put me Klonopin and want me to taper off in 3 weeks.  The crossover was horrible.  I know this isn't a benzo group, but I am totally lost.

We're a polypharmacy group so we do have some working knowledge of benzo withdrawal.

What dose of Klonopin are you on?  Note that Ativan is half as potent as Klonopin according to the benzo equivalency chart

Please let us know what dose you're currently taking and maybe we can make some suggestions to help mitigate some of the symptoms. 

You may want to show your doctor the latest to come out of the FDA regarding benzos:

FDA requiring Boxed Warning updated to improve safe use of benzodiazepine drug class

Also, please see the advice given in this thread regarding how to talking to a doc about withdrawal: 

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

Here is a list of recommended doctors in case any of them are within a range you can safely navigate to. Also, some doctors are using Skype now due to COVID, so you may be able to schedule something with a doctor further away. 

SA's recommended doctors

And here is the MiA Provider Directory which lists doctors knowledgable about withdrawal. 

Mad in America Provider Directory

Even if you find someone who's a therapist and not able to prescribe, it might be worth reaching out to see if they know of any prescribers in your area who could get you ongoing prescriptions for a taper. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

.375 Klonopin only at night. I will update my signature 

Luckily, I have a friend who’s doctor helped him get off Zoloft and Klonopin. I reached out to him last night. I am going to call her. He said she allowed him to take his time.

August 2011-October 2011 Celexa, Trazodone, klonopin. November 2011-January 2012 Depakote 

November 2020-December 2020 Testosterone Enanthate ((TRT)

December 10, 2020- 25mg Sertraline, 1 mg Ativan at night 

December 11, 2020-50mg Sertraline, .50 mg Ativan at night 

January 1, 2021 tapered to .25mg Ativan at night 

January 8, 2021 tapered to .125 Ativan

January 9, 2021 tapered to 37.5 Sertraline 

January 12, 2021-Stopped Ativan

January 14, 2021-tapered to 25 Sertraline. Started 15 mg Restoril

January 21, stopped Restoril. It wouldn’t work after a few nights. 
January 22. 25 Ativan

Current side affects-insomnia, restlessness, hyperarousal, some mania, poor concentration, memory issues, confusion, digestive issues, restless leg syndrome. Supplements-fish oil, magnesium

• Administrator

Glad to hear you've got a lead on a new doctor. Let us know what you find out. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.