SecondTime: Hello! Need some advice

SecondTime

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, SecondTime said:

I was able  to finally find a new doc, but they put me Klonopin and want me to taper off in 3 weeks.  The crossover was horrible.  I know this isn't a benzo group, but I am totally lost.

We're a polypharmacy group so we do have some working knowledge of benzo withdrawal.

What dose of Klonopin are you on?  Note that Ativan is half as potent as Klonopin according to the benzo equivalency chart

Please let us know what dose you're currently taking and maybe we can make some suggestions to help mitigate some of the symptoms. 

You may want to show your doctor the latest to come out of the FDA regarding benzos:

FDA requiring Boxed Warning updated to improve safe use of benzodiazepine drug class

Also, please see the advice given in this thread regarding how to talking to a doc about withdrawal: 

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

Here is a list of recommended doctors in case any of them are within a range you can safely navigate to. Also, some doctors are using Skype now due to COVID, so you may be able to schedule something with a doctor further away. 

SA's recommended doctors

And here is the MiA Provider Directory which lists doctors knowledgable about withdrawal. 

Mad in America Provider Directory

Even if you find someone who's a therapist and not able to prescribe, it might be worth reaching out to see if they know of any prescribers in your area who could get you ongoing prescriptions for a taper. 

.375 Klonopin only at night. I will update my signature 

Luckily, I have a friend who’s doctor helped him get off Zoloft and Klonopin. I reached out to him last night. I am going to call her. He said she allowed him to take his time.

25mg Sertraline, 1mg Ativan December 10, 2020

50mg Sertaline, .50mg Ativan (once a day at night) December 11, 2020

.25mg Ativan (only at night)January 11, 2021

37.5mg Sertraline January 9, 2021

Stopped Ativan January 12, 2021

25mg Sertraline January 14, 2021

Started 15 mg of Restoril January 14, 2021 Current side effects, insomnia, hyperarousal, brain fog, night tremors, stomach cramps, lack of concentration 

January 25 re-instated Ativan .25

18.75 mg Setraline January 26

February 3, .75mg Ativan

February 16, Cross over to .375 Klonopin

March 27  Cold turkeyed off 14mg of Sertaline and .25 of Klonopin.  Put on 1000 mg of Depakote. Hated the depakote and dropped to 500 mg after 3 days.

• 1 month later...

I have been in a poly-drugged night mare.  Got suicidal  on February 27 and then went into in-patient.  I was cold turkey off Zoloft and Klonopin.  Then, put on 1000 mg of depakote.  Three days out of inpatient, I immediately dropped to 500 mg of depakote since my concentration is way off.  I have had severe akathisia since.  My depakote is DR so I don't know how to taper off of it.  My doc will only prescribe DR or ER.   This has been horrible and still looking for advice.

25mg Sertraline, 1mg Ativan December 10, 2020

50mg Sertaline, .50mg Ativan (once a day at night) December 11, 2020

.25mg Ativan (only at night)January 11, 2021

37.5mg Sertraline January 9, 2021

Stopped Ativan January 12, 2021

25mg Sertraline January 14, 2021

Started 15 mg of Restoril January 14, 2021 Current side effects, insomnia, hyperarousal, brain fog, night tremors, stomach cramps, lack of concentration 

January 25 re-instated Ativan .25

18.75 mg Setraline January 26

February 3, .75mg Ativan

February 16, Cross over to .375 Klonopin

March 27  Cold turkeyed off 14mg of Sertaline and .25 of Klonopin.  Put on 1000 mg of Depakote. Hated the depakote and dropped to 500 mg after 3 days.