Raising awareness on Joe Rogans podcast

Shamana

Hi, I was wondering whether maybe we could start a petition to get David Healy, Joanna Moncrieff or someone like them on the Joe Rogan show to discuss the issues surrounding antidepressants and psychiatry in general. Personally I think it would be a great way to raise awareness about about the isssues surrounding antidepressants that are rarely or reluctantly covered in the media. Someone aired the idea the in the PSSD forum, but I thought we could get a lot more people behind it if we reached out to people suffering from harms of AD's in general and to make the topic of conversation the problems of antidepressants and biological psychiatry in general. David Healy or Joanna Moncrieff would be my favourite candidates to petition to get on the show, so if you can think of better options I'd love it hear it.  Joe Rogan has on the largest audiences in the world, so the ripple effect from whatever will be discussed there will spread. Personally I think it's a great idea. Let me know what you think about it. 

Best Alexander 

• Shamana changed the title to Raising awareness on Joe Rogans podcast.
  • 2 months later...
  • Mentor

This would be great.

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 1 year later...

@Shamana

Did you ever try to reach out to Joe Rogan about this? 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Raising awareness on Joe Rogans podcast