Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)

Leila

• Mentor

I don't find informations about it in the site (but if it's not a right place to post it, please some moderators to move it). I would to ask if someone tried this supplement often prescribed for fibromyalgic pain (that sometimes could be similar to pain induced by WD) and had some benefits.

Here some informations (from Wikipedia):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitoylethanolamide

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Thank you for your answer, @MNgal1960! Can I ask you if you saw benefits immediatly or if it works on accumulation? Thank you!

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

It was over a month before I saw benefits. Also, I took twice what the label said divided into 3 doses/day (one with each meal). 

I think the package said to try for 6 weeks before deciding it didn't work. I'm sorry, it was long ago and my memory is not great.

Best wishes to you.

@Leila I might be asking this in the wrong place....but how are you doing? I saw you reply on another post....just thought I would check in with you. :)

2005-2020 diff AD for trouble sleeping, switched multiple times. 

2020 Dec Escitalopram 10 mg

2021 Jan 10 mg -start BMS taper w/2 wk hold

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

.25mg Melatonin (as needed)

• Mentor
On 1/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, Krisseyb said:

@Leila I might be asking this in the wrong place....but how are you doing? I saw you reply on another post....just thought I would check in with you. :)

Thank you for asking, @krisseyb! I will update my thread soon! :)

Current supplement:

• 5 months later...
  • Mentor

Dear @GVR91, I try it for about 5 months and still take it. I take 3 pills a day (1000 mg), not a very high dosage but my purpose is trying to findan help for muscle pain and a relief for dysmenorrhea. I don't know if my situation became better for a mix of strategies and supplements but, as for me, PEA as natural biological modulator is a valid help for neuropathy in some form like fybromialgia... The only thing is that it does not have an immediate effect (it takes time to see the effects) and you have to find the right dosage.

Current supplement:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Ehi @GVR91! Sorry for my late answer but I didn't receive the message with my tag! Do you try PEA supplement? I read many studies that prove the validity at the level of peripheral neuropathy especially with regard to mast cell modulation which I assume for me is involved in bowel and menstrual pain. 

Current supplement:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy