Neon: Venlafaxine withdrawal

Neon

• Administrator

Yes, you can go right down to 37.5mg. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11/07/21

04:00 wake briefly, manage to fall back asleep

08:00 wake

10:00 get up, take 75mg Venlafaxine, feel fine

10:30 take shower

11:30 drive to nearby city to go for lunch with family

12:30 lunch, can enjoy it, a little agitated

15:00 project with family, feel okay

16:00 drive home, feel still fine

17:00 take bath in pool, feel some agitation

18:00 dinner, eat way too mucj because feel never-ending hunger

20:15 watch some tv

21:30 take 5mg Olanzapine

22:30 go to sleep

00:00 fall asleep

@manymoretodays

thank you for all the tips, I already tried a lot to fall asleep, my body just doesnt seem to shut down sometimes, like it forgot during the last years how to sleep, I really hope this can return back to normal

Dont worry, I am really sorry for your loss, thank you for still contributing hear, I wish you all the best!

2010-2020: Venlafaxine (between 37.5mg and 225mg (CT twice from low doses 2018, 2020) and Trazodone (between 25 and 50mg, CTd twice without problems)

April 2021: Crash with OCD, anxiety, akathisia after taking benzo and microdosing mushrooms

11th June-2nd July(3 weeks total): Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 10mg

July 2nd-Feb 15: Venlafaxine between 37,5 and 75mg, Olanzapine between 2,5 and 5mg

August 22nd: introduce 0.5mg Lorazepam (0.25 10am, 0.25 7pm) December 7th: stop morning dose Lorazepam without problems

January 10: Reduce evening dose from 0.2mg to 0,15, cant sleep and take 1.5mg Lorazepam, plus forgot to take my Venlafaxine that day

--> severe crash with suicidal akathisia

go up with Lorazepam to 4mgs, starting 4mgs on March 28th

February 15th: increase Venlafaxine to 93,75, tried 150 with bad reaction, slight increase seemed to settle the akathisia a bit

June 14 lose sleep, return of akathisia in full force 20th June increase Lorazepam to 5mg 

current medication: Venlafaxine 93,75mg (8am) Olanzapine 3mg (9:30pm), Lorazepam 5mg taken 4x daily at 8-12-17-21:30 o'clock

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Neon said:

12:30 lunch, can enjoy it, a little agitated

What does this agitation feel like?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

12/07/21

06:00 wake, fall back asleep

08:00 wake, last hours of sleep were light

10:00 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

10:30 do some reading, feel some agitation, some neck pain

11:30 jump into pool to cool down

12:00 eat lunch, incredibly hungry

12:30 do some work

13:00 rest a little, feel a bit agitated

15:00 watch some tv

16:00 do some house cleaning

18:15 dinner, neck pain

19:00 bike ride

20:30 watch some tv

21:30 take 5mg olanzapine

22:30 go to bed, feel agitated, palpitations

00:00-00:30 fall asleep

The agitation feels like I just drank 20 coffees, just restless, but in a different way than the akathisia felt. it is not nearly as bad.

Apart from the pulsating body and the neck pain and some difficulty with sleeping and the neverending appetite I have not so many symptoms right now.

2010-2020: Venlafaxine (between 37.5mg and 225mg (CT twice from low doses 2018, 2020) and Trazodone (between 25 and 50mg, CTd twice without problems)

April 2021: Crash with OCD, anxiety, akathisia after taking benzo and microdosing mushrooms

11th June-2nd July(3 weeks total): Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 10mg

July 2nd-Feb 15: Venlafaxine between 37,5 and 75mg, Olanzapine between 2,5 and 5mg

August 22nd: introduce 0.5mg Lorazepam (0.25 10am, 0.25 7pm) December 7th: stop morning dose Lorazepam without problems

January 10: Reduce evening dose from 0.2mg to 0,15, cant sleep and take 1.5mg Lorazepam, plus forgot to take my Venlafaxine that day

February 15th: increase Venlafaxine to 93,75, tried 150 with bad reaction, slight increase seemed to settle the akathisia a bit

June 14 lose sleep, return of akathisia in full force 20th June increase Lorazepam to 5mg 

current medication: Venlafaxine 93,75mg (8am) Olanzapine 3mg (9:30pm), Lorazepam 5mg taken 4x daily at 8-12-17-21:30 o'clock

13/07/2021

04:30 wake briefly

08:00 wake up

10:30 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine, feel some restlessness (like too much coffee)

12:00 eat lunch, some restlessness

13:00 take bath in pool to cool down, restlessness a little better

14:00 take rest, cant properly rest because restless

14:30 watch some tv

15:30 do some chores, some neck pain

17:00 take another dip in pool

19:00 eat dinner

20:00 go for walk

20:30 watch tv

22:00 go to bed

14/07/2021

05:00 wake briefly, fall back asleep, generally restless sleep, toss and turn a lot

08:00 wake

10:30 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

11:00 go for a walk

12:00 eat lunch, feel pretty normal, minor restlessness

13:00 take rest, too restless

13:30 watch some tv

16:00 do some chores

17:00 take a shower

18:00 eat dinner

19:00 go for a walk

21:30 take 2.5mg Olanzapine

22:00 go to bed, feel very activated and have palpitations

01:00 fall asleep

felt overall normal all day apart of constant neck pain (which I am pretty sure comes from the Venlafaxine. I had problems with it for a long time and it vanished when I stopped the Venlafaxine) and the extremely awake feeling at night.

Hi Neon,

was looking at your profile, I realise that all your akathisia started after 8 months off from Effexor. 

I have most likely same problem as you, as I did an adverse reaction to effexor and got bad vibrations and now with a bout of stress and a doxylamine pill withdrawal I'm in the same state as you are, well a little better, time doesn't go slower anymore, and the agitation is under control most of the time but my anxiety is so high and I'm exhausted from suffering for 3 months with no real hope. I can't watch tv as screen triggers problems for me and spasm. But I'm still in a constant state of panic, please let me know what worked for you. 

I don't think I can take medication though but it did seem to work for you. 

anxiety and social phobia

February 2016: Only 5 days on Effexor 37.5mg

Stopped because sides effects: nervousness, insomnia, loss of appetite, terrible stomach pain, feeling high/being in fog

Symptoms that appeared 24-48h after the last pill; nausea, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, halo around lights, can't read, dry eyes, photo sensitivity, colors appear more vivid, crying spells, nightmares, strange dreams, diarrhea, insomnia, constipation, loss of appetite, dry skin, anxiety, drowsiness, increased sweating, eyes pain, eyes twitch, eyes burn, dry mouth, smell things more, taste less, taste more, muscle stiffness, feel drunk/high, jaw clenching, tip of finger burn, memory loss,

Current symptoms: All the above on an ON/OFF clock

Chronic symptoms 24/7: blurred vision, trouble reading, extreme photo sensitivity, complete dry eyes (need to use ointment), stomach pain, headhaches around the eyes, specially if I move my eyes

Hi again,

I can relate when you say you are scared to go back in that state. When things calmed down I was crying and being agitated for 2 weeks thinking it would come back and I would have to kill myself cause I could not bare the pain. I think we did a trauma from that, and that fear does feed our current anxiety plus the withdrawal of the nervous system. The only time I went better is when I convinced myself it would not come back as bad and that my other symptoms would get better, after a psychiatrist told me it was just anxiety (I didn't told him I wanted to die) and the psychologist give me a paper witch sated that anxiety symptoms stay after the problem for biological reason and if you don't add anxiety over it they will eventually go away. Problem is I had panic attack because of family problem, had to move in a rush, I was just beginning to be somewhat functional,  and moved alone and now I have this inner monologue that wont stop talking because all I want is to get an easy suicide and take pills and if the pills makes me worst then go away. Because I lost the hope to heal if I can't stop my mind from complaining about my situation. I was a normal person with a master degree before that. My family just screams at me to take pills but I know they make me worst. 

Stopped because sides effects: nervousness, insomnia, loss of appetite, terrible stomach pain, feeling high/being in fog

Symptoms that appeared 24-48h after the last pill; nausea, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, halo around lights, can't read, dry eyes, photo sensitivity, colors appear more vivid, crying spells, nightmares, strange dreams, diarrhea, insomnia, constipation, loss of appetite, dry skin, anxiety, drowsiness, increased sweating, eyes pain, eyes twitch, eyes burn, dry mouth, smell things more, taste less, taste more, muscle stiffness, feel drunk/high, jaw clenching, tip of finger burn, memory loss,

Chronic symptoms 24/7: blurred vision, trouble reading, extreme photo sensitivity, complete dry eyes (need to use ointment), stomach pain, headhaches around the eyes, specially if I move my eyes

Dear @MoonFlower

I am sorry to hear you also have a hard time.

I think we have for sure trauma from that state of existing, it is so horrific, driving normal people to a state of thinking about suicide.

But for sure it will get better. For me the tablets did help but they come with their own problems and side effects and if I hadnt been completely desperate I would not have taken them for sure but I just couldnt go on the way I was.

Now with reducing them some of it comes back and I am so worried to go back to the way I was, it was truly horrific, I cant even describe it, I thought about suicide all the time. 

But tell yourself that it did already get better and will get better definitely and before you do anything drastic, try if it goes away with taking medication as a completely last resort and try to find a psychiatrist who understands at least a little bit.

I know nobody here recommends medication and I wouldnt either, just as a last resort before you do anything self-destructive as they might or might not work.

There are people on here much more knowledgable than me and our situations are a little different because I was on it for a long time and you only for a short period. I hope you get better soon.

15/07/2021

05:00 briefly wake

08:00 wake, feel restless

11:00 do some chores, restless feeling (not as bad as before)

11:30 have alcohol free drink with family

13:00 eat lunch, some restlessness

14:00 try to rest, too restless

14:30 watch some tv

15:30 take shower

16:30 drive aunt to airport

18:00 go to mall with mother (she needs assistance bec she is injured) feel very restless

20:00 back home, eat dinner

20:30 watch some tv

22:00 go to bed, have strong palpitations and restless feeling

00:30 fall asleep

The restlessness it for sure getting stronger, especially today (my 2nd day with 2.5mg Olanzapine, 5th with 37.5 Venlafaxine) it is very strong, not as bad as before but definitely getting there. I have palpitations all day and a really fast pulse. I would go back to 5mg Olanzapine but it gives me a raging appetite 24/7 and that is a really horrible feeling too.

I dont know what to do, just 2 days ago I felt almost normal.

16/07/2021

05:00 wake briefly, manage to fall back asleep

08:00 wake up

11:00 very restless, walk around house

11:30 drink tea with parent

12:00 cook lunch with difficulty because restless, palpitations

12:30 eat lunch, feel palpitations strongly

13:00 try to rest, impossible because palpitations, feeling like electricity running through body, walk around house, trying to distract

15:00 watch some tv, difficult

16:00 get dizzy feeling

18:00 eat dinner

19:00 go for walk

I felt really strong palpitations all day, it is really uncomfortable and I cant sit still because of it. This was def better the past days and I dont know if it is because of Venla or Olanzapine reduction. Do you have any idea?

I forgot to mention I take 500mg Magnesium each night.

Hey Neon,

One thing I noticed since my discontinuation of Abilify, Adderall, Desvenlafaxine, and Fluoxetine is that keeping records only helps to a degree. I struggle with insomnia still, to a degree. However, I didn’t start hitting 7->8 hour nights of sleep until I stopped tracking my sleep. Many health practitioners will advise keeping accurate logs of your sleep to look at trends. However, in my opinion (just an opinion, not a right or wrong way of doing things), logging sleep is a one way ticket to anxiety and obsessing. A better way to look at it is to worry about what you can control. You might not be able to control a noisy household, the time you have to wake up for work, feeling that nervous jolt of energy when you put your head to the pillows, etc. however, set your alarm, get to bed at a reasonable time, and the worrying should stop there. It takes a lot of practice and by no means am I perfect at not worrying about it myself. However, it’s well worth it. 

Started on Psychoactive Medications at the age of 10, in 2009.Discontinued medications at age 20 (last official day taking anything was March 12th, 2020).Past medications: from 2015->2020. Adderall XR - 40 mg. Adderrall 2x throughout day - 20 mg (40 total). Abilify - 20 mg. Pristiq - 100 mg. Fluoxetine - 25 mg. L-Methyl Folate Supplement (Deplin) - 15 mg

6’ 285->180 pounds. August ‘19->Current
Runner (Daily 30->60+ minute Run for Mental Health bennies)

Working on B.S. in Chemistry with  Minor in Biology (intended graduation in Spring ‘23)

Recreational Lifter (3-4x/ week. Mostly Pull-ups, OHP, and Bench.)

Percussionist (mainly kit, various bands, school bands, Jazz Band, Church productions, etc.) since age 6 

I do also have better days then others and that is without medication so maybe your medication don't have much to do with good and bad days. Sadly I've been stressing about the situation so much I have now my inner monologue talking about it all the time and by conditioning it talk at night, had a complete sleepless night yesterday even though I was sleepy and not agitated at night. Did your akathisia started after a benzo? When I read your post it felt to me that way. 

@MoonFlower

That is good that you have better days too! They will get more, than I probably wouldn’t take anything, it is already looking up for you 🙂 

I think it set it off, since I was already in withdrawal. But it might have been the mushrooms, I did a lot of very stupid unproductive things and messed myself up really bad now. I think you will get back to normal in a matter of some time. It is already getting better, that is a good sign. It is hard not to stress when one remembers the person one used to be.. it is really hard for me too, I keep wondering what would be my life now had I never taken it, come off slowly, not done all that stupid stuff.. it leads nowhere but is hard to stop...

16/07/2021 2nd part

20:30 take 240mg Magnesium (it was 240, not 500mg all along, my mistake)

22:30 go to bed, palpitations, electricity running through body, restless

23:30 panic and take 2.5mg Olanzapine more

00:00 symptoms settle a bit

I know I shouldnt have taken the second dose 2.5mg Olanzapine but my symptoms were so bad again, I was so scared it would go back to the way it was.. so sorry

17/07/2021

05:00 wake briefly, fall back into normal sleep

09:00 get up, feel restlessness in bed still

10:00 take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

10:10 drive to nearby city for project, feel okay, some palpitations, some fatigue

14:00 back home, eat lunch

15:00 read a little, palpitations

16:00 watch some tv, palpitations

17:30 go for a bike ride

18:30 eat dinner

19:00 read a little

20:15 watch tv briefly, go to read, still palpitations

21:30 palpitations better, take 2.5mg Olanzapine

22:30 go to sleep

Yesterday was overall better than the day before. I am just frustrated that I felt the drop to 2.5mg, I was so sure I felt better only because of the Venlafaxine bec I was in withdrawal of that and apparently the Olanzapine also played a role.

It is all so confusing with all the changes.

I just hope I find an equilibrium soon, a state that is not unbearable and then I wont change anything for a loong time.. Preferably I can manage without the Olanzapine. I really wanna get rid of it before it is too late.

18/07/21

05:00 wake briefly

08:00 wake up, sleep very light and disturbed

09:30 get up

10:00 take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

11:00 go for walk, some palpitations, not too strong

13:00 eat lunch, strong appetite

14:00 go read a little

15:00 watch some tv, palpitations, some restlessness

16:00 take shower

17:00 read more, palpitations stronger

18:00 eat dinner, very strong appetite

19:00 go for walk, some lightheadedness, restlessness, palpitations

20:15 watch some tv, palpitations stronger, some feeling of electricity in body

21:00 go try read, palpitations

22:30 go to bed, electricity and palpitations

Do you think I am already dependent on the Olanzapine or is it that I feel the Venlafaxine withdrawal more when I take less.

I would really like to get rid of the Olanzapine before it is too late.

Hi,

If you have been on it for more than 2 weeks, unfortunately your body will be dependent on it.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Oh no, I thought it is a month. So I cant reduce it anymore?

I took it for less than two weeks before I reduced it though.

Or do the times I took it add up on each other? 

I dont know how to update my signature with all the info with only 12 lines, so here I post it.

2010-2016: Venlafaxine 75mg-->150mg-->225mg

2014-2016: Trazodone 50mg, 2016-->CT

2016-2017: Venlafaxin 225 mg -->150mg-->75mg-->37,5mg-->0

April 2018-Sept 2018: Amitriptylin-->Wellbutrin-->Deanxit-->Venlafaxine 37,5mg

Sept 2018-June 2019: up and down inbetween 37,5mg and 10mg Venlafaxine

2019-May: Trazodone 25mg

June 2019-March 2020: Venlafaxine 10mg

March-May 2020: tapering Venlafaxine to 0 (taking out single beads)

May-2020-April 2021: Venlafaxine 0

April 2021: Crash with severe OCD, motor function problems, agitation etc

(ie couldnt talk properly anymore, was shaking uncontrollably)

(never had anything like this before)

I took a Benzo a few times for my insomnia and then for the OCD a natural practitioner

told me to try microdosing mushrooms which I did three times, I had no immediate bad

reactions to any of it but then I really crashed when the OCD got out of hand and all the

symptoms kept getting worse, what exactly was the deciding factor, I dont know

May 2nd -15th May:Olanzapine 7,5mg, Trazodone 50mg, 5x all in all 0,5 Lorazepam

29th May: took Peyote because I was told it could help me and I naively wanted to believe

11th June-2nd July: Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg,

Zoldem 1Tablet, Lorazepam occasionally 0,5-1mg (all in all about 10 times)

July 2nd : 75mg Venlafaxine, Olanzapine 7,5mg (2,5 morning, 5 evening)

July 10th: Olanzapine down to 5mg evenings

July 12th: Venlafaxine down to 37,5mg

July 14th: Olanzapine 2.5mg since (on the 16th I once took 5mg)

So I shouldnt try and quit the Olanzapine at this point?

From the reduction I have a weird electrical feeling in my body, like electricity running through it.

Or did maybe the Olanzapine dampen the Venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms?

So what should I do now?

@Altostrata and @manymoretodays

you have been so much help, I would be endlessly thankful for some more advice on how to proceed with the medication.

Upon reducing to 2.5mg Olanzapine I get this very weird feeling of electricity running through my body which I try to ignore but it is difficult. Is it rather dependency on Olanzapine or Venlafaxine withdrawal that is covered by the Olanzapine.

It makes it nearly impossible to sleep but I dont want to go up with the Olanzapine again if I can avoid it. I read up on it and it is a truly horrible medication.

I should have decreased earlier but I was so frightened to get back in that state of „akathisia“, I just didnt dare. I am still frightened of that.

So I assume I cant lower the dosage more or things will get worse? And it might be too late? Or should I updose because this is already a new withdrawal and I lowered the dose too fast? I am very confused as how to proceed and very frustrated I am stuck on this medication.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for all what you are doing on this site.

19/07/2021

05:00 wake briefly, fall back into restless sleep

08:00 wake very restless, keep tossing and turning

10:30 do some reading, light electricity feeling

12:00 eat lunch

13:00 do some chores, electricity feeling every time I am still, when I move I only notice a restlessness, like being impatient, everything has to go fast, cant describe better, sorry

17:00 some reading, difficult because of electricity feeling getting stronger

20:00 try some more reading, cant concentrate because electricity

pace around house being deeply frustrated

22:30 go to bed, electricity feeling very strong

04:30 cave in and take 0.5mg Lorazepam to sleep, electricity feeling vanishes (I dont think I am dependent on Lorazepam, I didnt take it for 10 days and felt very well in between, but it is incredible how benzos can cover all the withdrawal feelings)

Today so far I feel better, it might still be the Lorazepam working.

I know my case is complicated because I do so much panic updosing etc. I am scared to become highly suicidal again.

I started meditating and practice a greatfullness diary, so hopefully that helps.

I just want to be off the Olanzapine if it is not too late now...

Benzos do help with withdrawal symptoms but be very careful with them. 

For how long have you been taking olanzapine overall?

All I know is that it's best to avoid making any sudden big changes with psychiatric drugs and that it is recommended you taper only one drug at a time.  

I know it's difficult as I myself constantly just want to cold turkey, but we have to take it slow. 

Hope someone more knowledgeable than me can give you some guidance on how and when to taper the olanzapine.

• 2009~2015: various SSRI's / SNRI's 

• 2015 - 2020: venlafaxine XR jumping between 300 mg and 225mg

• Jan 2020 - march 2020: venlafaxine XR 150 mg

• 01.03.2020 - 15.03.2020 : 37.5 mg venlafaxine XR

• 16.03.2020 - June 2020: nothing at all

• June 2020 - July 2020: 75 mg venlafaxine XR

• July 2020 - September 2020: 37.5 mg venlafaxine XR

• September 2020: 10 mg prozac

• October 2020 - now: have been trying to slowly taper the prozac 0.5 - 1 mg a month, depending on how I feel. got to 5 mg prozac and stuck there (had to reinstate twice).

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi sweetie,

I'm seeing 18 days total now, of this usage of olanzapine/Zyprexa from this longer version of a signature.

On 7/19/2021 at 11:25 AM, Neon said:

2010-2016: Venlafaxine 75mg-->150mg-->225mg

2014-2016: Trazodone 50mg, 2016-->CT

2016-2017: Venlafaxin 225 mg -->150mg-->75mg-->37,5mg-->0

April 2018-Sept 2018: Amitriptylin-->Wellbutrin-->Deanxit-->Venlafaxine 37,5mg

Sept 2018-June 2019: up and down inbetween 37,5mg and 10mg Venlafaxine

2019-May: Trazodone 25mg

June 2019-March 2020: Venlafaxine 10mg

March-May 2020: tapering Venlafaxine to 0 (taking out single beads)

May-2020-April 2021: Venlafaxine 0

April 2021: Crash with severe OCD, motor function problems, agitation etc

(ie couldnt talk properly anymore, was shaking uncontrollably)

(never had anything like this before)

I took a Benzo a few times for my insomnia and then for the OCD a natural practitioner

told me to try microdosing mushrooms which I did three times, I had no immediate bad

reactions to any of it but then I really crashed when the OCD got out of hand and all the

symptoms kept getting worse, what exactly was the deciding factor, I dont know

May 2nd -15th May:Olanzapine 7,5mg, Trazodone 50mg, 5x all in all 0,5 Lorazepam

29th May: took Peyote because I was told it could help me and I naively wanted to believe

11th June-2nd July: Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg,

Zoldem 1Tablet, Lorazepam occasionally 0,5-1mg (all in all about 10 times)

July 2nd : 75mg Venlafaxine, Olanzapine 7,5mg (2,5 morning, 5 evening)

July 10th: Olanzapine down to 5mg evenings

July 12th: Venlafaxine down to 37,5mg

July 14th: Olanzapine 2.5mg since (on the 16th I once took 5mg)

And probably a bit longer than 2 weeks for physiological dependence to set in completely, like it would be for benzo's.  I'm having trouble with my computer this morning or I would attempt to link that segment up in your signature, and get all your notes consolidated for Alto, in nice 24 hour blocks.  If you are able to do that it might help when Alto makes rounds again.

I don't have hard data to link to, either, yet I expect that the full physiological dependence for AP's may be closer to a months usage.

Neon, if you can copy and paste even the last 3 days, in complete 24 hour segments, into one post, that will be really helpful, for when Alto comes on again.  I'm unsure, at this point, just which drug, the venlafaxine/Effexor or olanzapine/Zyprexa might be helpful to tinker with more now or whether to tinker further yet or not.

And then I would suggest that you go back and review some of the previous posts to you too.  I know I gave you links to the specific tapering topics for both Effexor and Zyprexa.  These can be oh so helpful in helping you figure out how to get non-standard doses for tapering.  Then there are posts from both Alto and Shep that may be helpful for you to review now too.

Meantime, work work work on lowering your expectations around getting to completely cured and normal, so to speak, in any quick time frame.  And work, work, work on all the non-drug coping you can.

And best, hugs,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

6 hours ago, Neon said:

I just want to be off the Olanzapine if it is not too late now...

8 hours ago, Neon said:

19/07/2021

05:00 wake briefly, fall back into restless sleep

08:00 wake very restless, keep tossing and turning

10:30 do some reading, light electricity feeling

12:00 eat lunch

13:00 do some chores, electricity feeling every time I am still, when I move I only notice a restlessness, like being impatient, everything has to go fast, cant describe better, sorry

17:00 some reading, difficult because of electricity feeling getting stronger

20:00 try some more reading, cant concentrate because electricity

pace around house being deeply frustrated

04:30 cave in and take 0.5mg Lorazepam to sleep, electricity feeling vanishes (I dont think I am dependent on Lorazepam, I didnt take it for 10 days and felt very well in between, but it is incredible how benzos can cover all the withdrawal feelings)

Today so far I feel better, it might still be the Lorazepam working.

I know my case is complicated because I do so much panic updosing etc. I am scared to become highly suicidal again.

I started meditating and practice a greatfullness diary, so hopefully that helps.

Dear,

Thank you for leaving a word.

Instead of totally being off from 10 mg olanzapine,you try the following please:

1) You quit and wait for the punch.

Usually it's between 4 rth day to 8 th day.

Immediately reinstate with lowest dose possible,per se,0.5 mg olanzapine.

Use until 4 weeks or little long.

Then quit.

2) Tapper any other by same method.

3) Then depend on benzo and food for good sleep.

4) See my thread for healthy  food suggestions,which induces natural sleep.

5) Start tapering benzo with gradual ,slow taper,as the site, surviving Antidepressants suggests.

6) If benzo is helpful,take as long as it takes, accept life as it comes.

Stay well.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Neon said:

Does this electricity feeling start after you take olanzapine?

FYI @Frogie dependency on benzos may occur within a couple of weeks, but for the other drugs, it takes a month or more.

@Altostrata

Thank you for the valuable information 

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

No, it started after I reduced to 2.5mg

Can the Olanzapine cover up withdrawal symptoms? And when I lower I feel them more?

I had to up the dose of Olanzapine to 3.75, I hope the side effects are more tolerable but with 2.5 I cant exist at the moment without it. I had two sleepless nights and extreme restlessness.. either I am dependent on it already or it covers up withdrawal from the Venlafaxine.

The only thing I am thinking about it possibly stopping the Venlafaxine again since it apparently doesnt do so much.

What do you say to that @Altostrata

I will post daily updates again, just wasnt really able to do anything the last days.

• Administrator

Please update your signature.

How do you feel before and after taking venlafaxine and olanzapine? Are you taking anything else? Please continue to post daily notes.

@AltostrataI feel pretty constant all day.. I needed to updose the Olanzapine to 5mg again because I became highly suicidal again when I reduced it to 2.5mg. I dont like that medication since it gives me mad-driving appetite but apparently I cant get to a lower dose right now. I didnt sleep for three nights and the akathisia went worse.

Sry for not posting anything I didnt feel able. Sry for making your job more difficult. I dont know if you can do much anyways because I probably need to stabilize a bit before I can do anymore changes.

I want to get off the Olanzapine asap. Once the akathisia settles.. I hope I will notice since the Olanzapine seems to block it a little.

25/07/2021

dont sleep all night with 3.75mg, just a weird dream-like state

10:00 get out of bed to take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

10:00 go back to bed and lie there bec I feel so depressed, restless, constantly tossing and turning

12:00 get up and eat some lunch

13:00 go to family friend, feeling akathisia, suicidal

14:00 lying down again, feel hopeless and frustrated that my life is basically gone and the person I could have been, SI

15:00 go for bike ride, feel a little better for 30mins

16:00 cry because so desperate, akathisia feeling, restless, doomed, SI

18:00 force myself to have some dinner

19:00 pace around, desperate

22:00 try to read, unable, go to bed, restless feeling calms a bit

23:30 fall asleep

https://www.madinamerica.com/2020/08/ssri-withdrawal-elephant/

I came across this article. Does that mean even with a slow taper one cant get off this medication? I feel horrible at the thought of being on it forever.

How do I update my signature when I need more than 12 lines?

I try to distract myself and tell myself everything will be okay and practice coping skills but it seems very difficult right now.

I cant stop thinking that I messed up my withdrawal with making very poor decisions and that I could be off of it and feel relatively better. I need to find acceptance but it proves difficult thinking about how the following ten years will be marked by withdrawal. Will I be able to have some sort of normal life, some quality of life? It seems unimaginable now...

@manymoretodays you managed to come off cyprexa, right? So I will be able to one day get off that stuff.

@Altostrata

I have been taking the Venlaxine for 5 weeks now, in the beginning at very low dosages and the past 3 1/2 at 75/37.5, do you think I could still stop it? I cant tell whether it helps or not but I would like to try without it if it isnt helping.

Do you have knowledge if when reinstating after a long time it still could work after a few months or is it pointless?

Dr. Shipko, from what I read encourages reinstatement and says it could work after months. I am a bit at a loss. If I want to quit I would have to do it soon if it is not already too late but I dont want to do the wrong thing.