26/07/2021

08:00 wake restless, lie another two hours, tossing and turning

10:00 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine, smoke a lot

11:00 try to distract with garden work

12:00 start cooking

13:00 eat lunch

14:00 try to rest, unable because restless

15:00 do some more garden work

16:00 lie down for a bit, some anxiety, restless feeling and electricity in body

17:00 take a shower

18:00 eat dinner

19:00 go for a bike ride

20:00 sit with father

21:00 watch some tv, restless

21:30 take 5mg Olanzapine

22:00 try to read a bit

2010-2020: Venlafaxine (between 37.5mg and 225mg (CT twice from low doses 2018, 2020) and Trazodone (between 25 and 50mg, CTd twice without problems)

April 2021: Crash with OCD, anxiety, akathisia after taking benzo and microdosing mushrooms

11th June-2nd July(3 weeks total): Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 10mg

July 2nd-Feb 15: Venlafaxine between 37,5 and 75mg, Olanzapine between 2,5 and 5mg

August 22nd: introduce 0.5mg Lorazepam (0.25 10am, 0.25 7pm) December 7th: stop morning dose Lorazepam without problems

January 10: Reduce evening dose from 0.2mg to 0,15, cant sleep and take 1.5mg Lorazepam, plus forgot to take my Venlafaxine that day

--> severe crash with suicidal akathisia

go up with Lorazepam to 4mgs, starting 4mgs on March 28th

February 15th: increase Venlafaxine to 93,75, tried 150 with bad reaction, slight increase seemed to settle the akathisia a bit

June 14 lose sleep, return of akathisia in full force 20th June increase Lorazepam to 5mg 

current medication: Venlafaxine 93,75mg (8am) Olanzapine 3mg (9:30pm), Lorazepam 5mg taken 4x daily at 8-12-17-21:30 o'clock

• Administrator

In what ways did you become suicidal on 2.5mg olanzapine?

This is all I know about your recent drug history:

June-now: Seroquel 150mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 1Tablet, Lorazepam occasionally 0,5-1mg

I cannot memorize all the changes you've made and when you've made them. You don't need more than 12 lines, condense the older history. Here's how to edit your signature. Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

I cannot give you any suggestions at all until I have a better idea of your symptom pattern in relation to your drug changes. That pattern is shown to me in your daily notes. As near as I can tell, in the last couple of weeks, you've gone up and down on both venlafaxine and olanzapine.

When did you start taking 37.5mg venlafaxine? How did your symptom pattern change then? How do you feel before and after taking it?

How do you feel when you wake up, before you take venlafaxine? Does the restlessness increase or decrease after you take it? How about when you take olanzapine? 

Is this an increase in these symptoms around 16:00? Does this happen about the same time every day?

2 hours ago, Neon said:

16:00 lie down for a bit, some anxiety, restless feeling and electricity in body

It is possible you're taking too much venlafaxine, and it's keeping you awake, or too much olanzapine, which is also keeping you awake with a paradoxical reaction. Please stay as calm as possible when you collect your daily notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dear @Altostrata

I updated my signature, I hope it is clear.

16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

In what ways did you become suicidal on 2.5mg olanzapine?

I feel like I cant take it anymore, intrusive thoughts that my life is basically over and I wont stabilize again, frustration that I have to be on these harmful meds with these horrible side effects, self-harming impulses, it is really hard to control, I feel so restless I cant sit still, panic feelings, exactly what Dr. Shipko described in his article basically.

16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

When did you start taking 37.5mg venlafaxine? How did your symptom pattern change then? How do you feel before and after taking it?

On July 12th I started taking 37.5mg instead of 75mg, I felt fine until I reduced the Olanzapine to 2.5mg. When I reinstated the Venlafaxine I felt fine for one day (but also took 2.5mg Olanzapine that day in the morning, so I dont know which made me feel better), then it started to get worse again until a few days (around day 5, so the 7th July) I started feeling a bit better, had a pretty decent 10 days after that until I reduced Olanzapine to 2.5mg. I thought it was the Venlafaxine helping after the reinstatement but I think unfortunately the Olanzapine did help. I am very frustrated that the reinstatement apparently didnt have a great effect and now I dont know whether I should wait for it to work or whether it wont work if I already reinstated for a month and the symptoms arent a lot better so far. I just dont know. I dont want to be stuck on unnecessary medication. I am taking the Venlafaxine for 5 weeks now.

The restlessness and anxious feeling stay pretty much the same after I take the Venlafaxine. After I take the Olanzapine it is usually better I think, I can sleep, but I will pay more attention.

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Is this an increase in these symptoms around 16:00? Does this happen about the same time every day?

At least the last four days, I will pay more attention to it.

I will do my best to collect reliable daily notes.

Do you have any input on Dr. Shipkos article about reinstatement? He seems to recommend it but I dont want to take a drug if it isnt even going to help me, especially after such a hard time coming off it. (I know it might be too late to stop the Venlafaxine in any case).

2010-2020: Venlafaxine (between 37.5mg and 225mg (CT twice from low doses 2018, 2020) and Trazodone (between 25 and 50mg, CTd twice without problems)

April 2021: Crash with OCD, anxiety, akathisia after taking benzo and microdosing mushrooms

11th June-2nd July(3 weeks total): Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 10mg

July 2nd-Feb 15: Venlafaxine between 37,5 and 75mg, Olanzapine between 2,5 and 5mg

August 22nd: introduce 0.5mg Lorazepam (0.25 10am, 0.25 7pm) December 7th: stop morning dose Lorazepam without problems

January 10: Reduce evening dose from 0.2mg to 0,15, cant sleep and take 1.5mg Lorazepam, plus forgot to take my Venlafaxine that day

February 15th: increase Venlafaxine to 93,75, tried 150 with bad reaction, slight increase seemed to settle the akathisia a bit

June 14 lose sleep, return of akathisia in full force 20th June increase Lorazepam to 5mg 

current medication: Venlafaxine 93,75mg (8am) Olanzapine 3mg (9:30pm), Lorazepam 5mg taken 4x daily at 8-12-17-21:30 o'clock

27/07/2021

sleep 00:00-05:30 wake briefly, fall back into restless, light sleep

10:00 wake fully, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine, feel restless

11:00 smoke a lot restless

11:30 quick bike ride to distract, play some table tennis, still restless, feel shaky

12:00 cook lunch, shaky

12:30 eat lunch, still restless

13:00 try to rest a little

14:00 read a little, still shaky

15:00 watch some tv, some restlessness

16:00 get anxiety

16:30 go for a walk to distract, helps a little

18:00 eat dinner

19:00 go for bike ride again, feel a little better after, also because during day I am alone and in the evening when I am not I feel better

23:00 go to bed

@Altostrata and @manymoretodays

would you definitely not recommend quitting the Venlafaxine? How do I know if I am already dependent?

Then I would only have to taper one medication if my symptoms dont become worse.

28/07/2021

00:00-5:30 wake, fall back into very restless sleep, after Olanzapine feel calm before falling asleep

10:00 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine, feel restless

10:30 smoke

11:00 do some garden work, feel okay

12:00 cook, feeling okay, a bit shaky

13:00 eat lunch, feel okay, just palpitations

14:00 get some muscle aches

14:30 read a bit

15:00 restless, pace around

16:00 do house chores to distract, no anxiety today

17:00 watch some tv, palpitations and muscle aches, electricity feeling

18:00 go for a bike tide

18:30 eat dinner, feel okay, increased appetite

20:00 go for another bike ride

21:00 watch some tv, palpitations, electricity feeling

22:30 go to bed

• Administrator
On 7/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, Neon said:

I feel like I cant take it anymore, intrusive thoughts that my life is basically over and I wont stabilize again, frustration that I have to be on these harmful meds with these horrible side effects, self-harming impulses, it is really hard to control,

These are your own thoughts about your situation. You will need to learn ways to change the channel or to quiet them. See Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals 

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@AltostrataI have also incredible anxiety/panic, restlessness, I cant sit still and a feeling of deep despair, those symptoms spiral into these thoughts.. but yes I need to find ways to cope with that kind of thoughts as they lead me nowhere .. I have been in withdrawal a lot in the past 5 years and I havent before ever felt anything like that which led me to the belief it is akathisia.. you seem to be sure it isnt which I do not understand.. I read many survivors testimony and it describes exactly what I was feeling

thank you for the links, I will definitely get into that, I need to start thinking more positive if I want to heal

do you have any input about stopping the Venlafaxine or the article?

• Administrator

On July 12th I started taking 37.5mg instead of 75mg, I felt fine until I reduced the Olanzapine to 2.5mg. When I reinstated the Venlafaxine I felt fine for one day (but also took 2.5mg Olanzapine that day in the morning, so I dont know which made me feel better), then it started to get worse again until a few days (around day 5, so the 7th July) I started feeling a bit better, had a pretty decent 10 days after that until I reduced Olanzapine to 2.5mg..... I am taking the Venlafaxine for 5 weeks now.

Your signature shows 

July 2nd : 75mg Venlafaxine, Olanzapine 7,5mg (2,5 morning, 5 evening), July 10th: Olanzapine down to 5mg evenings, July 12th: Venlafaxine down to 37,5mg, feeling okay

July 14th: Olanzapine 2.5mg since (on the 16th I once took 5mg), since 23th July: 3.75mg Olanzapine, 25th July again 5mg because symptoms became unbearable again

In list form, please summarize all drug changes you've made since July 2, with your daily drug schedule, so I can follow it. Such as:

July 2 ??:?? a.m. 75mg venlafaxine, 2.5mg olanzapine

??:?? p.m 5mg olanzapine

July 7 ??:?? a.m. 75mg venlafaxine

??:?? p.m 5mg olanzapine?

July 10 ??:?? a.m. 75mg venlafaxine

??:?? p.m 5mg olanzapine

July 12 ??:?? a.m. 37.5mg venlafaxine

July 14 ??:?? a.m. 37.5mg venlafaxine

??:?? p.m 2.5mg olanzapine?

July 23 ??:?? a.m. 37.5mg venlafaxine

??:?? p.m 3.75mg olanzapine?

July 25 ??:?? a.m. 37.5mg venlafaxine

• Administrator

Very confused by your timeline. Do I understand this correctly? (My additions in red.)

On July 12th I started taking 37.5mg instead of 75mg, I felt fine until I reduced the Olanzapine to 2.5mg July 14. When I reinstated the Venlafaxine July 2 I felt fine for one day (July 3?) (but also took 2.5mg Olanzapine that day in the morning (July 3?), so I dont know which made me feel better), then it started to get worse again until a few days (around day 5, so the 7th July) I started feeling a bit better, had a pretty decent 10 days after that (July 7-July 14) until I reduced Olanzapine to 2.5mg July 14.

If you feel pretty well July 7-July 14, why did you change olanzapine again?

• Administrator

Do you have any input on Dr. Shipkos article about reinstatement?

What article are you referring to?

5 hours ago, Neon said:

@Altostrata and @manymoretodays

would you definitely not recommend quitting the Venlafaxine? How do I know if I am already dependent?

Then I would only have to taper one medication if my symptoms dont become worse.

You've been changing your drugs frequently since 2017. You were dependent on your drugs then, you have had withdrawal symptoms or adverse reactions off and on ever since. You might as well assume all your drug-induced symptoms are related to long-standing adaptation or physiological dependence on any of your drugs, primarily venlafaxine going back to 2010.

Becoming physiologically dependent on whatever you're taking now is the least of your problems.

If I were you, I'd stop changing your drugs haphazardly, as you've been doing for years.

@Altostrata

Yes I have started and stopped several medications. It took a long time until I found this site and then I made several mistakes even after that.

Since I have been off the Venlafaxine for over a year it does make a difference if I stay on it or off it. I went through a very difficult time coming off it and in the end I entered the hell of akathisia.

I am not planning on doing anything haphazardly again, that is why I am consulting with you.

Why would I keep taking the Venlafaxine when I am not yet dependent on it. why wouldnt I stop now if it doesnt give me any benefit before I become yet dependent on it again?

I reduced the 5mg because I was told to try be on low doses of the drugs the psychiatrist gave me in high doses on this site. So I tried to reduce both and saw the Olanzapine I apparently cant reduce more than to 5mg.

I dont know the Venlafaxine gives me any benefit. If I am not yet dependent and reinstatement doesnt work why would I put myself into another withdrawal in the future?

I am sorry if I upset you in some way. I am trying to make the best choice for my health and future and stick to your advice.

July 2nd : 75mg Venlafaxine, Olanzapine 7,5mg (2,5 morning, 5 evening),

July 10th: Olanzapine down to 5mg evenings,

July 12th: Venlafaxine down to 37,5mg, feeling okay

July 14th: Olanzapine 2.5mg since (on the 16th I once took 5mg), since 

23th July: 3.75mg Olanzapine,

25th July again 5mg because symptoms became unbearable again

Venlafaxine always 10am, Olanzapine always 9:30pm

Edited by Neon

• Administrator

What I requested was detail from July 2, 2021-present -- what you've been doing in the last month.

You might as well assume you are already dependent on venlafaxine, and have been for more than 10 years.

@Altostrata

so after 5 weeks I shouldnt stop it again even if reinstatement didnt work?

• Administrator

Very confused about why you're fixated on venlafaxine when it appears your current problems date from your reducing olanzapine on July 14, if I understand what you've done correctly.

You may note that we rely on a series of daily reports from you before we can make a guess about changing dosing. From your notes, it appears you feel okay after taking venlafaxine. This indicates venlafaxine may be helping.

When is it that these symptoms you call akathisia are at their worst?

If I were you, I'd stop worrying about dependency on psychiatric drugs and stop making changes because of this worry. You are already in the midst of it.

@Altostrata

yes you understand correctly, it doesnt seem I have an adverse reaction to the Venlafaxine, I just dont know if it is doing anything and thought if not I might as well stop.

I am fixating on it because in the article Dr Shipko says that even with slow tapering one can develop tardive akathisia and since I already got it once I am afraid if I dont get off Venlafaxine now I might have to be on it forever. And I would really love a drug free life one day. Also I have some side effects from it that are really tiresome.

• Administrator

Dr. Shipko is talking about something that he thinks happens after people have been off drugs altogether for months. You have been taking psychiatric drugs fairly continuously since 2010. Tardive akathisia is a non-issue for you. Nothing you do now can lessen whatever risk exposure you might have to it.

You need to deal with your current drug situation, such as answering this question:

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

When is it that these symptoms you call akathisia are at their worst?

Please read questions from the staff carefully and answer completely. I ask particular questions to make the best use of my time. Having to repeat them is not a good use of my time.

@Altostrata

okay sorry I will see to answering the questions fully

But I have been off Venlafaxine continuously for 14 months prior to reinstating 5 weeks ago. I have only been on Trazodone 25mg during that period. One year after being off Venlafaxine the symptoms started. So I think it applies to me. 

The akathisia was pretty continuous for two months, it is all day long without a break. That is why I became suicidal.

It got better after I introduced Olanzapine/Venlafaxine and so I thought reinstatement worked. But then it became much worse again after my reduction to 2.5mg Olanzapine and that is why I am now thinking the Olanzapine must be covering it up and I am considering stopping the Venlafaxine.

Please excuse me I do not want to waste your time.

• Administrator

What times of day (o'clock) is it that these symptoms you call akathisia are at their worst? Please include this in the daily notes you're going to post 24 hours at a time.

I have been trying very hard to gather enough information to figure out your current drug situation and am getting very frustrated. If you wish to interpret Dr. Shipko's theories to guide your actions, please go ahead. I don't want to discuss his article any further.

Dear @Altostrata

I am sorry, you are right, I looked at it again and my signature was very confusing, I changed it now again and hope it offers a clear overview.

You were right, my mindset is not very good as of yet. I had it in my head that drugs will help me and have been changing them haphazardly and been playing ping-pong with my poor brain. I need to stop this. It is often very hard to work against the urge to do sth to get better and this urge led me to change my drugs and get better in that process and it led me to make many mistakes. I clearly need to work on this asap as I only keep confusing my brain more and more and then I wont ever get better.

I have to admit I did sth very stupid again. This seems to become a habit.

I increased my Venlafaxine to 75mg as I had strong electricity feeling in my body and very strong electrical palpitations as well as the restlessness. My psychiatrist told me she can only work with me if I listen to her and that is what she told me to do. I am really sorry I ignored your instructions and listened to a psychiatrist again after fighting it for a few days. I have been wasting your time in doing so and I am truly sorry for this. I will do my best to find a psychiatrist who understands and supports what I am trying to do. Staying stable at a dosage and not increase or add many new drugs.

After I took the 75mg I felt strong anxiety/panic and I guess it is kindling?

So I will reduce it again to maybe 50mg or 37.5, I dont know which since at 37.5mg I am going a bit crazy with these electricity jolts with each heartbeat.

Although I have anxiety now I dont have these electrical palpitations, so maybe a dose in between could be the best solution?

I am endlessly sorry to you for having wasted your time. I used to be a very self-controlled person, not doing anything really stupid, and now I have these impulses of changing the drugs or doing sth crazy to end this suffering. I know the only way is to stay at the same dosage and I need to work on my coping techniques. There is a lot of very valuable information on here and I need to use it and not only read it. It seems very hard at the moment to do anything but worry over my symptoms and distract myself. I do my best with chores and bike rides and walks but it is very difficult the moment I am still.

29/07/2021

00:00-05:30 sleep, wake at 5:30

10:00 fall back asleep and sleep til now, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine, very restless (5/10), electrical palpitations (7/10)

10:30 smoke a lot

11:00 do some chores

12:00 eat lunch, strong electrical palpitations, very shaky restless (4/10)

13:00 try to take rest but cant, palpitations, restlessness 3/10

14:00 take a shower

15:00 do some gardening, restless, palpitations

17:00 go for a bike ride

18:00 feel a little better, have dinner

19:00 try to watch a little tv, electrical palpitations

22:00 try to read a little, electrical palpitations

22:30 go to bed, electrical palpitations

00:00 fall asleep

30/07/2021

06:00 wake briefly

10:00 get up, take 37.5mg Venlafaxine

11:00 some restlessness (3/10)

12:00 eat lunch

13:00 try to take rest, get very anxious, worrying

14:00 take shower

15:00 anxious, restless, take another 37.5mg Venlafaxine

17:00 get strong panic (9/10) with sweating and cant sit still

18:00 go for a bike ride to distract

19:00 feel a little better (panic 7/10), try watch tv, cant really, pace around the house and smoke

22:00 feel better

23:00 go to bed

31/07/2021

06:00 wake, cant fall back asleep, keep tossing and turning

10:00 get up, take 75mg Venlafaxine

12:00 get strong anxiety (9/10)

12:30 take 0.5mg Lorazepam, cant bear the anxiety any longer

14:00 try to take rest, get anxiety, restlessness

15:00 keep pacing around

it is 4pm now, I will complete this later, just wanted to give an idea about the increase in Venlafaxine, the palpitations have stopped but the anxiety is very difficult to bear right now

On 7/28/2021 at 11:37 PM, Altostrata said:

What times of day (o'clock) is it that these symptoms you call akathisia are at their worst?

They go on all day long, usually in the evening it is a bit better but not always. It is a constant state of restlessness. Any time I try to relax I get anxiety and have to get back up. I am activated all day, pacing around. I cant concentrate on anything right now so it is difficult to find distractions. I do chores and go for bike rides, walks, which helps a little bit sometimes. I thought the increase in Olanzapine would help since I felt almost normal for a few days last month. It has helped maybe a little bit and my insomnia is gone, so that is good. I should have stayed put at my dosage when I was feeling well. I know accept my actions but they have been so stupid that it is really difficult not to put a lot of blame and shame on myself. As soon as I get up it starts getting difficult with restlessness and anxiety.

51 minutes ago, Neon said:

I need to stop this. It is often very hard to work against the urge to do sth to get better and this urge led me to change my drugs and get better in that process and it led me to make many mistakes. I clearly need to work on this asap as I only keep confusing my brain more and more and then I wont ever get better.

Please be gentle with yourself, Neon.  You have just been trying to end your suffering. We all have been conditioned to think that if we tinker with the drugs, it will bring relief.  It also is very difficult when you've got a medical "professional" telling you what to do and saying she won't work with you unless you do what she says.  I hope you can find a practitioner who supports what you want to do.

I know I have made SO many mistakes through the years with these drugs so again please be gentle and kind to yourself. You are going through enough and don't need any additional stress. Perhaps it is corny but we really do need to learn to be our own best friend during this time.

It sounds like you know what you need to do now and I am wishing you the all best on your journey, WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

@wantrelief Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. They mean a lot to me. I will try to be gentle to myself. I have always tended to be very self-critical and this situation gives me a lot of material I can criticize myself for. I guess you are right with your "corny" statement. We need to become our own friends and maybe a good side effect of this journey can be that I learn that. It seems quite difficult right now as I have felt better only such a short time ago and not beating myself up over what I did wrong. 

It really means a lot that you have stopped by 🙂 

Just now, Neon said:

It really means a lot that you have stopped by 🙂 

Aw, I am so glad....I know when I was in the thick of things it really helped to get a kind word, to hear someone understood so I am happy to have helped you in any way.

1 minute ago, Neon said:

I have always tended to be very self-critical and this situation gives me a lot of material I can criticize myself for.

I really relate to this as I am the same but I do think this experience can teach us to learn a new way.  Some of the negative thinking is withdrawal and very hard to overcome as it is truly chemical but then there can be our own "voice" on top which is not helpful at all.

2 minutes ago, Neon said:

We need to become our own friends and maybe a good side effect of this journey can be that I learn that.

Yes, exactly!  It really really sucks but this journey can teach us so much.  I can say that now that I am in a more stable place but it is very difficult to think that way when you are feeling so awful.  Just do the best you can do and that is enough. 

4 minutes ago, Neon said:

It seems quite difficult right now as I have felt better only such a short time ago and not beating myself up over what I did wrong. 

I know how hard this is.  But really none of this is your fault, you didn't create these drugs.  It isn't your fault that you were trying to feel better....that is natural.

You will get back to feeling better again in time; you will get back to yourself....please believe this. 💗

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Neon said:

After I took the 75mg I felt strong anxiety/panic and I guess it is kindling?

So I will reduce it again to maybe 50mg or 37.5, I dont know which since at 37.5mg I am going a bit crazy with these electricity jolts with each heartbeat.

Although I have anxiety now I dont have these electrical palpitations, so maybe a dose in between could be the best solution?

Yes, it appears that 75mg is too much. It is possible 37.5mg is not sufficient. But there are many numbers between 37.5 and 75. You might want to try 40mg and see if that minimizes your symptoms without greater anxiety.

While coping skills may be very important, the reason we want you to stop changing drugs is to see what your symptom baseline might be. For most drugs, it takes at least a week to get enough information from your daily notes to see if the current drug schedule is working.

Okay I understand. I decided on 50 since I didnt want to shock my system with too big a drop. I will stay on that and then possibly reduce it in a few days if you consider that wise or I will stay here for longer, depending on what you tell me.

31/07/2021 2nd part

16:00 did some chores

17:00 anxiety better 5/10

18:00 eat dinner, minor appetite, still some anxiety but better

19:00 go for bike ride

20:00 feel a little better, just weak, try to watch some tv but too sensitive to the noise and light

21:30 5mg Olanzapine

22:30 go to bed, anxiety

01:30 take 0.5mg Lorazepam, was feeling too activated to sleep

02:00 fall asleep

• Administrator

After every drug change, you need to review a series of daily reports for at least 4 days to determine how the change affected your symptom pattern.

Every time you make a change, you have to start a new series. We have been unable to establish a baseline symptom pattern for you because of your frequent changes.

Stop changing your drugs, or we won't be able to help you here.

Dont be too hard with yourself. If quitting antidepressants was easy we wouldn't have this community. Give yourself time and treat yourself with kindness. 

It's a long and often tough journey but you're not alone. Someday this whole thing will be behind you.

• 2009~2015: various SSRI's / SNRI's 

• 2015 - 2020: venlafaxine XR jumping between 300 mg and 225mg

• Jan 2020 - march 2020: venlafaxine XR 150 mg

• 01.03.2020 - 15.03.2020 : 37.5 mg venlafaxine XR

• 16.03.2020 - June 2020: nothing at all

• June 2020 - July 2020: 75 mg venlafaxine XR

• July 2020 - September 2020: 37.5 mg venlafaxine XR

• September 2020: 10 mg prozac

• October 2020 - now: have been trying to slowly taper the prozac 0.5 - 1 mg a month, depending on how I feel. got to 5 mg prozac and stuck there (had to reinstate twice).

thank you @Holly18, it means a lot to me that you stopped by 🙂 yes some day I will be free of this, that keeps me going at this point.. the hope to one day say goodbye to the drugs and live a life with my true self and no chemicals.. even if it is a long journey

yes @Altostrata I wont make new changes now, I will keep you posted about my daily routine

02:00-10:00 slept

10:00 take 50mg Venlafaxine

11:00 do some house cleaning, some anxiety (2/10)

12:00 do some more chores

14:00 watch some tv, palpitations but bearable, anxiety 2/10

16:00 get some ice cream

17:00 drive to nearby city to do a project, anxiety 1/10

19:00 eat dinner, increased appetite

21:30 5mg Olanzapine

22:30 go to bed

Anxiety was a lot better today, only minimal akathisia throughout day (constant) maybe 2/10, only side effect from Olanzapine is increased appetite

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd stick with this dosing for a month, allow your nervous system to settle down. You may be able to very gradually reduce olanzapine then. You can expect ups and downs, but on the average, there should be a lessening in symptoms. Please let us know how you're doing.

02/08/2021

00:00-11:30 sleep, overslept

11:30 50mg Venlafaxine

12:30 lunch

14:00 some house chores, some akathisia 2/10, some palpitations, feel very activated like too much coffee

15:00 take shower

15:30 get anxiety 4-5/10, go for walk to distract

16:30 do some shopping for parents, also to distract

17:00 anxiety 3/10, akathisia 2/10

18:00 eat dinner, anxiety 1/10

evening is much better anxiety-wise and akathisia-wise, some palpitations, feeling like body is vibrating

20:15 watch some tv, vibrating feeling, palpitations, activated feeling 3/10

@Altostrata so you dont think the anxiety today is not due to too much Venlafaxine but rather the oversensitized nervous system? then I will keep things as they are

• Administrator

As explained to you before, probably several times, every time you make a dosage change, your nervous system has to adapt and your symptom pattern changes. From your current symptom pattern, it does not appear that 50mg venlafaxine is causing your symptoms.

Rather, you're getting waves of symptoms from your constant changes, which you're been told repeatedly not to do.

Nothing can be identified from one day of notes, it takes a series of days to see a pattern.

As explained to you before, because your constant changes have caused your nervous system to be unstable, it will take some time for us to see your baseline symptom pattern with your current drug combination.

31 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

If I were you, I'd stick with this dosing for a month, allow your nervous system to settle down.

If you cannot stop making impulsive changes in your drugs, we cannot help you here. You must be patient with your symptoms using coping techniques. Read

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals 

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Dear @Altostrata

I understand, I wont make any more changes and keep the daily notes up.

Thank you so much for the advice, I think I learned my lesson about impulsive changes.

I went to a new psychiatrist today hoping for the best, but he told me that withdrawal from ADs can only last 3 weeks and that online forums are a place where desperate people tell each other they are right even though they are wrong.. so much to that..