Tino off venlafaxine

Tino

I am withdrawing from Effexor it was a brutal withdrawal. My dr put me on Prozac 5 mgs for a few weeks and I stopped the effexor I was down to 25 a day. I’m hoping I can stop the Prozac too but feel awful. Can’t sleep kind of queezy physically not myself. Better tho than the withdrawal from Effexor where I had cold, sore throat, dizziness nausea. I was on the Effexor for over 5 years so I guess tapering off is hard. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Tino off venlafaxine
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Tino

I moved your post here to start your own Introductions topic. You can post notes of your progress and ask questions about your situation here.

What time of day are you taking Prozac? What dosage of Effexor were you on?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Tino, I am also withdrawing from Venlafaxine and it is really brutal. Wish you all the best!

2010-2020: Venlafaxine (between 37.5mg and 225mg (CT twice from low doses 2018, 2020) and Trazodone (between 25 and 50mg, CTd twice without problems)

April 2021: Crash with OCD, anxiety, akathisia after taking benzo and microdosing mushrooms

11th June-2nd July(3 weeks total): Seroquel 150mg, Seroquel XR 50mg, Trazodone 150mg, Zoldem 10mg

July 2nd-Feb 15: Venlafaxine between 37,5 and 75mg, Olanzapine between 2,5 and 5mg

August 22nd: introduce 0.5mg Lorazepam (0.25 10am, 0.25 7pm) December 7th: stop morning dose Lorazepam without problems

January 10: Reduce evening dose from 0.2mg to 0,15, cant sleep and take 1.5mg Lorazepam, plus forgot to take my Venlafaxine that day

--> severe crash with suicidal akathisia

go up with Lorazepam to 4mgs, starting 4mgs on March 28th

February 15th: increase Venlafaxine to 93,75, tried 150 with bad reaction, slight increase seemed to settle the akathisia a bit

June 14 lose sleep, return of akathisia in full force 20th June increase Lorazepam to 5mg 

current medication: Venlafaxine 93,75mg (8am) Olanzapine 3mg (9:30pm), Lorazepam 5mg taken 4x daily at 8-12-17-21:30 o'clock