PaxilMike: Paxil and THC

PaxilMike

I’m slowly tapering off Paxil.

Does anyone have experience with antidepressants and marijuana? I’m thinking of trying a full spectrum CBD oil. I’m also wondering what the effects would be if I tried marijuana brownies.

I have no experience with this, and don’t even know what I can get here in Florida.

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from tapering, name to title
  • manymoretodays changed the title to PaxilMike: Paxil and THC
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi @PaxilMike and welcome,

We don't generally recommend trying new substances during this, since it can make things worse. Sometimes a lot worse if we're unlucky. The only two things we recommend are omega-3 and magnesium, starting with one at a time and at a low dose. That way we know what's potentially causing problems.

Personally, I did try a cbd oil at one point with almost no THC for my anxiety mainly, while I was experiencing a lot of withdrawal symptoms. It is legal where I live. I was very careful with the dosage, increasing it very gradually. I think it's hard to say what will help or do harm to each individual, since it seems to differ so much in this specific situation. Here is a good topic about it:

Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD (cannabidiol) or Hemp oil

Would you be up for creating a signature? We ask all new members to do this. Here's how to:

How to write a signature

Feel free to ask questions, and use this introduction topic of yours to give updates and get support from others if you should like.

Edited by Sunnyday

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.