SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Outsider: confused history of multiple antidepressants, symptoms still occur after years

Outsider

Ok. I thought I would leave you this video, which is time-stamped around the time I recommend you watch. It is an evidence-based medicine expert talking about how we should be skeptical of drug studies unless they show a clear benefit, since it is quite difficult to improve on our complex biology, which has evolved over millions of years for optimal function. Drugs are often very crude interventions which do not improve biological functioning, but instead disrupt it (except in rare cases such as insulin for diabetes, antibiotics for bacterial infections and a few others).

This is why most drugs (99.9%) fail, either in clinical trials or they are approved onto the market but are never proven to actually improve health outcomes for any condition. Most psychotropics fall into this category. They may result in short term symptom alleviation in some people but generally don't help much long-term. Most trials for these drugs are only 2 or 3 months, and they don't really tell you what happens to the participants after the trial is over. The way you would typically measure improvement in health in a robust way would be to conduct a large, randomized, placebo controlled trial and measure all-cause mortality as your primary outcome. Psychotropic trials don't tend to do that, usually using symptom scales like the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression in small, short term trials. Although short term symptom alleviation can be helpful, it can also lead to going on and off drugs endlessly to keep trying to alleviate worse and worse symptoms. There was a trial that tried to approximate what regular clinical practice called STAR-D where participants were switched to another drug if they didn't respond to the first drug, then the same thing with the second drug. By the 3rd or 4th switch something like 30% of participants had adverse effects that were intolerable. So I think we should really question the medical practices you have been subjected to. Here is an academic publication about that trial: The STAR*D Trial: It Is Time to Reexamine the Clinical Beliefs That Guide the Treatment of Major Depression.

Note that in the trial they used antidepressants and one antipsychotic. While all psychotropics are not the same, they do have some things in common, such as resulting in tolerance, withdrawal, a lack of long-term testing in a randomized-controlled setting, and a general lack of evidence for any health benefit. As mentioned in the previous article linked, they are also often neurotoxic, especially the SAD (sedative anesthetic and anti-epileptic drugs) class of medications. 

Edited by DataGuy

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

19 hours ago, DataGuy said:

I would be cautious in initiating this drug and taking it long-term. It is possible it could worsen your long term health and quality of life.

Ok I took another read, basically Diazepam and Topiramate are likely to cause permanent death to neurological cells and the ones surrounding them? 

If so, how long would it take to have such an effect? 

And would you advise to attempt and taper down Pregabalin first? (will risk the feverish migraine) or taper while adding in Topiramate and replacing that with both Pregabalin and Diazepam once I can completely go off them, then hold Topiramate a while till I stabilize, and start tapering down while main migraine stability? 

Or something else? 

My only concern with the meds and taper is that risky feverish migraine, I don't know the cause, or why it happens, and it's the main thing I'd like to get rid of, I can withstand everything else. 

Also, the doc who prescribed me topiramate called me "sensitive to pain", regardless of his intentions or the meaning of that, it felt REALLY offensive. 

I withstood hellish migraines and seizures for a week each time, and I get called disregarded as "sensitive" 

I just wanted to let that out, again I don't know if he meant biologically or not but I needed to say it. 

- 2014 - 2018 >> 3 years of chaotic 4 pack prescriptions by 10 different doctors

- 2018 >> cold turkey withdrawal (because they refused to tell me how to go off the meds and I screwed up)

- 2018 - 2020 >> withdrawal effects for 3-ish years, slight recovery after the long fight

- 09/2020? or so >> was put back on Seroxat, lowest dosage but don't remember how much [will update when possible]

- 11?2020 >> Seroxat replaced with Amitriplatine and getting stuck with 10 MG dosage, getting seizures if I go off

- 01/2021 >> Amytriptaline reduced to 5 MG

- 23/01/2021 >> Amytriptaline quit CT, severe withdrawal for a week but went down after

- 23/02/2021 Diagnosed with Occipital Nerve infection because of the withdrawals mess

- 02/2021 - Diazepam 5mg per day

- 06/2021 - 100mg Pregabalin

- 07/2021 - 25mg Topiramate

August:

80mg Pregabalin, Split into 4 doses per day 

Diazepam every 12 hours (1mg at 6 AM and 2mg at 6 PM)

50mg topiramate

September/October 2021 attempt to stabilize:

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

Pregabalin (calculated this time,it's the dose I thought it was 80): 26.6 MG split into 4 doses at 6:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 12:00 AM

- Diazepam : 10 MG at 6:00 PM

- Topiramate : 100 MG at 6:00 AM (5th day, was 75) 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate
- 0.5 MG Codeine Phosphate (every 4 hours)  

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

0.83mg zolmitryptan every 4 hours

22 hours ago, DataGuy said:

As mentioned in the previous article linked, they are also often neurotoxic, especially the SAD (sedative anesthetic and anti-epileptic drugs) class of medications. 

@DataGuy I guess I posted at the same time as you did

So in short, it's better to let my body adapt with less meds than try to replace Pregabalin even on short term? 

A little update: I seem to be less sensitive to Pregabalin withdrawal since the past 2- days but I also started Topiramate 25 within them. 

And I'm still on edge of migration all day, applying ice and trying to calm myself and stay away from screens to not escalate it to a full one. 

I'd love to be med free ASAP but the migraine is scaring me a lot, I still believe it reaches a life threatening state (and my temperature goes higher at many times) 

- 2014 - 2018 >> 3 years of chaotic 4 pack prescriptions by 10 different doctors

- 2018 >> cold turkey withdrawal (because they refused to tell me how to go off the meds and I screwed up)

- 2018 - 2020 >> withdrawal effects for 3-ish years, slight recovery after the long fight

- 09/2020? or so >> was put back on Seroxat, lowest dosage but don't remember how much [will update when possible]

- 11?2020 >> Seroxat replaced with Amitriplatine and getting stuck with 10 MG dosage, getting seizures if I go off

- 23/01/2021 >> Amytriptaline quit CT, severe withdrawal for a week but went down after

- 23/02/2021 Diagnosed with Occipital Nerve infection because of the withdrawals mess

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

Pregabalin (calculated this time,it's the dose I thought it was 80): 26.6 MG split into 4 doses at 6:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 12:00 AM

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

19 hours ago, Outsider said:

Ok I took another read, basically Diazepam and Topiramate are likely to cause permanent death to neurological cells and the ones surrounding them? 

If so, how long would it take to have such an effect? 

And would you advise to attempt and taper down Pregabalin first? (will risk the feverish migraine) or taper while adding in Topiramate and replacing that with both Pregabalin and Diazepam once I can completely go off them, then hold Topiramate a while till I stabilize, and start tapering down while main migraine stability? 

Or something else? 

My only concern with the meds and taper is that risky feverish migraine, I don't know the cause, or why it happens, and it's the main thing I'd like to get rid of, I can withstand everything else. 

Also, the doc who prescribed me topiramate called me "sensitive to pain", regardless of his intentions or the meaning of that, it felt REALLY offensive. 

I withstood hellish migraines and seizures for a week each time, and I get called disregarded as "sensitive" 

I just wanted to let that out, again I don't know if he meant biologically or not but I needed to say it. 

Yes, that's correct, those drugs likely cause an increased rate of neuronal death, so both are likely not a path to long term health. 

As for how long it takes to cause problems...I think part of your current problems are likely the result of this from previous drug initiation, switching and overly rapid discontinuation, plus assorted receptor changes. 

Yes, I think I would advise tapering the pregabalin first. I don't think I would recommend adding in topiramate. If you are afraid of the migraines you can use it as needed, but I would plan on using it as little as possible before totally phasing it out.

I think that is a stupid thing for a doctor to say "sensitive to pain", but I doubt he meant to offend. He may have meant you are neurologically sensitive to it, which is probably true. Your nervous system has been sensitized by damage from psychotropics, so you are likely hypersensitive to pain, stress, medications, light as well as a few other things. This is very typical of people suffering from psychotropic withdrawal syndromes. Very much doubt he was referring to your character or inherited biology, or that he would even have enough information to make that judgement. 

Edited by DataGuy

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

1 hour ago, Outsider said:

@DataGuy I guess I posted at the same time as you did

So in short, it's better to let my body adapt with less meds than try to replace Pregabalin even on short term? 

Yes, I think the path to health for you is to discontinue the meds (in a slow, safe way). The best you can expect from these meds is short-term, symptomatic relief. They will not cure your condition and even with short term use and slow tapering could worsen it. That is why I recommend minimal use, but I know the symptoms can be very disabling and intense, so I know it's necessary to have something to help, although it would be best if it were behavioral and not more meds. We do have a large section of non-drug behavioral treatments that you might find useful. It would be best if you could gradually replace the medications with some of these treatments, which are less likely to exacerbate your condition. 

Unfortunately, it is going to be a difficult journey back to health, probably it will take years, but it is likely 1) the only way back and 2) the highest probability of success, where success is defined as achieving both the best health (longevity) and the best quality of life possible. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

On 7/11/2021 at 11:19 PM, DataGuy said:

cautious in initiating this drug and taking it long-term.

Actually I was already 5 days in on 25 MG of it. 

I noticed a slight improvement in mood at the morning, felt slightly more energetic, but that COULD be because I held my doses for a few weeks without reductions, because at night after I take the med along with the other two I feel crashed down, and as far as I know it's supposed to be a sedative. 

However, a little update: I'm down 25 MG Pregabalin and trying to stabilize, I'm expecting my body to need a week to adapt, then I'll hold another week to stabilize, and try to go down more. 

I'll also hold my Topiramate 25 MG dose without increases or decreases until Pregabalin is done, it seems to be holding back migraine a bit, I'm fighting the rest of it. 

After that I'll start tapering Diazepam, and finally Topiramate. 

Might increase Topiramate on Diazepam but NOT on Pregabalin. 

And I'll try to not increase it at all. 

What do you think? @DataGuy

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

Sounds good, @Outsider. However, I think it would be better to do more gradual reductions in the future. We'll see how you handle this drop in pregabalin. Try not to change much in the next few days and weeks, then we can see what the effect of that drop was. I think with you we need to concentrate on stability and very gradual changes of only one thing at a time. This can help you separate out effects from changes you make from the effects of other things (food, every day life events etc). Also helps to avoid confusing adverse drug effects from withdrawal effects. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

5 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Try not to change much in the next few days and weeks,

I think I made a little mistake there, yesterday I felt extreme chest heaviness and pain with it at night a couple of hours after I took me meds, it felt life threatening until I threw up all the food I ate, had somewhat half a seizure but with an extremely.. Fatigued body? After throwing up the chest pain was gone and I got a panic attack (which was my usual response to bad fpod compatibility), tho I'm not sure if it was neurological this time or I was in panic 

I think I'll taper Topiramate by half a pill for 2 days since it wasn't long, and stick with the other two, at least till I'm off Pregabalin. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

Not too surprising. If you look at the adverse effects from topiramate, you see that nausea occurs greater than 10% of the time (classified as "very common"). The drug actually has quite the adverse effect profile

I think you need to listen to your body, @Outsider. Seems it is telling you that experimenting with these medications is dangerous. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

On 7/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, DataGuy said:

Seems it is telling you that experimenting with these medications is dangerous. 

Made a grave mistake! (not on purpose) 

Missed my doses all 3 times one day by a couple of hours, and all hell broke loose! 

Migraine, followed by extreme low blood pressure all night tgat didn't improve and I had to go to the ER in the morning, went back trying rest, then after my night dose I tried to sleep, woke up suddenly at like 4 PM and every time I tried to sleep after, I woke up in a "brain shock" of a dizzy head, like half a vertigo, and tingling heavy pain all around it, along with a pain burst in my chest

This happens as soon as I fall in sleep, the very same moment, over and over, then that blood pressure drop again 

Took me a while to realize that it was Pregabalin's withdrawal.. Now it's less since it's the first day I could take the med again on time, but my chest hurts smh and I'm trembling all over, my head still hurts but less, ice packs help with the head pain. 

Is there a way I can taper Pregabalin and Diazepam together? 

If I do Pregabalin first I tmrisk migraines, if Diazepam first, I risk Pregabalin's adverse reactions. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

On 7/21/2021 at 4:24 AM, Outsider said:

Is there a way I can taper Pregabalin and Diazepam together? 

This is not recommended for reasons previously explained. Even tapering one drug by itself is difficult. Tapering two at once will make it difficult to distinguish between withdrawal effects of one versus the other, as well as adverse effects of one with the other. So you introduce double the amount of confounding factors. Then there is the possibility that you can experience a delayed withdrawal effect from one drug and mistake it as being caused by the other drug. There is not really any advantage to tapering two at once. I would taper the pregabalin prior to tapering the benzo. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

5 hours ago, DataGuy said:

I would taper the pregabalin prior to tapering the benzo. 

Understood. 

Also *********. 

4 Neurologists + the guy who prescribed Pregabalin for me, and NONE of them thought about telling me : hey, Pregabalin's withdrawal starts AFTER 8 HOURS!!

It seems to be the reason I crashed, I switched to 1 pill (50 MG) every 8 hours for now, which is 25 MG higher than I was at (that was probably causing withdrawal too, since I took it off one of the doses only, not all of them.) 

But Better safe than sorry. 

On my way to the 3rd 8 hours dose now and I seem to be more stable, but I'm still suffering a headache, sore throat, slight feverish nasals, light nausea and (I think?) restless legs? 

Symptoms I faced in Pregabalin's withdrawal :

- Sudden wake up with heavy sweating, happens as soon as I fall asleep too

- Pounding chest / heartbeats

- Heavy chest, heavy breathing, slight chest pain

- Heavy blood pressure drop

- Feverish heavy headache, mostly like a tense collar all around my head

- Panic attacks

- Legs and body feel more sensitive to pressure and pain

- Extremely heavy nausea

They did a simple heart checkup for me when I got the Serum for the blood pressure at the ER, they said I'm fine, dunno, my only counter to that state is breathing in, holding, and breathing out for 6-10 seconds each, until the medication kicks in. 

Edited by brassmonkey
Removed swearing

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

@Outsider  I will have to ask you to please watch your language. I have edited you recent post to remove inappropriate words. This is a family friendly site and we have a good number of minors as members. I totally understand your frustration, but we have to maintain the right tone. Your cooperation in the future will be appreciated.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@Outsider sorry you experienced that, sounds terrifying. 

Yes, pregabalin has a half-life of around 6.3 hours. Can I ask how you forgot to take all 3 of your doses? What was your blood pressure reading?

I hope we can keep things stable from now on with regular dosing, slow, steady tapering and no more new psychotropics. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

3 hours ago, DataGuy said:

pregabalin has a half-life of around 6.3 hours. Can I ask how you forgot to take all 3 of your doses? What was your blood pressure reading?

Only 6?! Should I spread my doses to 4 each 6 hours instead of 3 each 8?

I'm always struggling to remember in time, I didn't miss them entirely I was just late by an hour to two, but they were originally packed within the first half of the day and there was 12 hours between two of the doses

The blood pressure reading was around 70/40, and I suffer from fatigue + low blood pressure (100-110/60) most of the time 

Also, I'm a little stable now but still suffering trauma from the experience, any idea how to deal with it? It's multiplying the pain and it's hard to believe that I'm better now. 

Tried to distract myself but it wasn't enough nor easy. 

Edited by Outsider
Forgot to ask about the psychological reaction

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

20 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

@Outsider  I will have to ask you to please watch your language. I have edited you recent post to remove inappropriate words. This is a family friendly site and we have a good number of minors as members. I totally understand your frustration, but we have to maintain the right tone. Your cooperation in the future will be appreciated.

Sorry just noticed this, thanks you, noted. 

@DataGuy I replied up. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

18 hours ago, Outsider said:

Only 6?! Should I spread my doses to 4 each 6 hours instead of 3 each 8?

I'm always struggling to remember in time, I didn't miss them entirely I was just late by an hour to two, but they were originally packed within the first half of the day and there was 12 hours between two of the doses

The blood pressure reading was around 70/40, and I suffer from fatigue + low blood pressure (100-110/60) most of the time 

Also, I'm a little stable now but still suffering trauma from the experience, any idea how to deal with it? It's multiplying the pain and it's hard to believe that I'm better now. 

Tried to distract myself but it wasn't enough nor easy. 

No, I don't think it's necessary to take them every 6 hours. Did you find it improved things when you began taking them every 8 hours? To me it seems like things have been a bit worse for you lately. I'm worried things are being complicated unnecessarily by all the shifting around of meds and doses. I think the most important thing for you is to get some stability for a few weeks and avoid making any changes. If you are going to take the meds 3 times per day, you may want to set an alarm or something to help you remember. 

Have you always had the low blood pressure, or did this start after the meds? 

Do you feel better now that things have stabilized? I don't think you should regard the fear as a bad thing. Fear and anxiety are very important adaptive emotions, and trauma exists for good reason. You want to do your best to avoid that situation again. Deep breathing can help calm things down, and some nice light exercise can also relax your system. I think you should hold your doses steady until things feel stable, then you can start a slow taper. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

4 hours ago, DataGuy said:

No, I don't think it's necessary to take them every 6 hours. Did you find it improved things when you began taking them every 8 hours? To me it seems like things have been a bit worse for you lately. I'm worried things are being complicated unnecessarily by all the shifting around of meds and doses. I think the most important thing for you is to get some stability for a few weeks and avoid making any changes. If you are going to take the meds 3 times per day, you may want to set an alarm or something to help you remember. 

Have you always had the low blood pressure, or did this start after the meds? 

Do you feel better now that things have stabilized? I don't think you should regard the fear as a bad thing. Fear and anxiety are very important adaptive emotions, and trauma exists for good reason. You want to do your best to avoid that situation again. Deep breathing can help calm things down, and some nice light exercise can also relax your system. I think you should hold your doses steady until things feel stable, then you can start a slow taper. 

I.. Kinda panicked and already started on a 4 dose schedule.. 

Half a pill every 6 hours tho, that makes them 100 MG total (somehow I'm not as affected by the amount as I expected, especially when I'm in a transition period) 

3rd 6 hours dose and somewhat stable

Yes I'm more stable overall, but I should note that maybe people think I can move around more than I actually can. 

It's hard to get up and walk around, I lose my balance instantly, feel weird pain in my head, and my energy runs out in minutes

I can push myself sometimes and walk for an hour (reduced GREATLY after my ordeals with Pregabalin) but I still come back feeling like I'm between life and death, I force myself to do that because my body needs to move, but it's been more than a month since I last did that. 

Regarding blood pressure, it wasn't always low when I was clean (before touching any meds) but I think it got too low since I was put on the cocktails years ago, and as soon as it slightly recovered, I was bombed with the new AD and violla.. 

And I did set Alarms but it's also hard to keep the phone charged and stuff, due to power cuts, ADHD, and the fact that I'm constantly "phasing in and outta reality" in terms of consciousness 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

I stabilized for a bit then found out that my father cut my dose in half behind my back since yesterday.. 

I did start to feel irritated and I'm having trouble with withdrawal effects but they're not as intense as before, they got clear today and that's when I asked if he gave me the wrong med or something 

I'm not sure if to keep going with it or get back to the stable dose, he thought he was helping and that he needs to push me a little (as if I wasn't pushing enough already) 

But that aside.. My dose is low, it's lower than the recommended starting dose (which is 150 MG) so if I can pull it off it'd be better, seeing how dangerous Pregabalin can be.. 

I decided to stay at it for another day and see if my symptoms worsen for now.. But like.. I really have mixed feelings about what just happened.. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

@Outsider how did you do with the half-dose? As you can imagine, I don't think it is a very good idea. Large cuts, rapid withdrawal, cold turkeys...these are generally recipes for more intense and prolonged withdrawal symptoms. Some people do not experience them, but these are generally people with a limited drug history who have not already experienced difficult withdrawals. I think you are risking further injury with the large swings in dose.

Domperidone - 2008-2018

4 hours ago, DataGuy said:

@Outsider how did you do with the half-dose? As you can imagine, I don't think it is a very good idea. Large cuts, rapid withdrawal, cold turkeys...these are generally recipes for more intense and prolonged withdrawal symptoms. Some people do not experience them, but these are generally people with a limited drug history who have not already experienced difficult withdrawals. I think you are risking further injury with the large swings in dose.

You weren't wrong, I didn't even complete the day, went back up to 75 MG

It was a bad idea, tho this time it was behind my back, hopefully I cleared things up with my father but I'm afraid if him rushing thinga again 

Still not stable much but the withdrawal hasn't worsened since I went up, more sensitive to migraines tho and I keep waking up in.. Jolt? I'd shiver and wake up feeling out of breath, like I've just been out of drowning, and every time I try to go back to sleep the same thing happens 

Been a month since I could sleep.. Hope I get over this last withdrawal soon.. 

How much is my life at risk? I try to just move on and ignore the needles worry but it's still there.. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

@Outsider, I don't think your life is at risk, I hope not. Quite a few people have survived symptoms like the ones you have. I think the best things you can do for yourself to minimize risk are:

1) No more new drugs 

2) No more rapid changes in dose

3) Slow, gradual decreases, holding if necessary to stabilize

4) Develop a regular, predictable routine

5) Light exercise to keep you healthy

6) Try to eat and sleep well

7) Get everyone on board with what you are doing, as best you can. It is difficult to explain to people, but explain to the best of your ability. Long term psychotropic use can cause plenty of strange symptoms. These drugs are only tested one at a time for around 3 months in trials, so beyond that, they cannot vouch for their safety. If you want you can show them some evidence from the medical literature (like the STAR-D trial I linked above). 

The things that are jolting you awake are likely brain zaps, which are common withdrawal symptoms, especially after large reductions. I would hold for quite awhile until you can stabilize, which means until the jolts go away. Here is our topic on the subject, if you want to know more. They are nothing to mess around with. I would love to see a period of stability for you. That is what has been missing the last few months. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

@DataGuy kinda stable now, no heavy withdrawal symptoms in sight, however.

Migraine "attempts" are more frequent for some reason, I'm trying to avoid them using ice and NSAIDs

Also I feel extremely tired, given up, and I don't know what I want,

Not sure if it's a side effect by the meds or because it's been 2 months of battles with withdrawal 

How do I find out what am I really feeling and what do I want? 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

That is great to hear @Outsider. I think you are probably just tired. Depression, anhedonia, avolition can all be adverse effects of taking these drugs, but they can also be withdrawal symptoms. I would continue holding to try to stabilize more. If you are holding and you don't feel anything is changing, you can try reducing the pregabalin by a small amount (say 5% to start).

Can you give an update on symptoms? Maybe then we can try to see if anything has changed since your initial report. It would be good if you could fill out the same form you did at that time, then we can compare apples to apples.

Hard to say whether the migraine symptoms are due to adverse effects or withdrawal symptoms. Do you remember when they started? 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

@DataGuy

On 8/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, DataGuy said:

That is great to hear @Outsider

Thank you 

Regarding my symptoms, it was mostly fatigue and disorientation I think (physically), but for a while I didn't feel any heavy physical pain, till yesterday.. 

Should note that the depression is likely to be caused by the meds, I noticed that I don't really have it when I wake up, I'm refreshed unless had a very poor sleep 

Tjo. Yesterday I did have a poor sleep, triggered a migraine, 3 diclofenac 50 MG pills through 2 hour intervals didn't stop it, next day I was at the ER

They have me a diclofenac 75 MG shot and another called Dixon as a brand name, but we don't have ajy global ones here so I'm not sure what that was

Tho they were gonna give me a Diazepam and a Tramadol shot and I refused, right now the pain is gone but my chest feels heavy and I'm more exhausted than usual

The thing about my migraines, they seem to escalate from the standard 1 side head pain and nausea /light and sound sensitivity, to an attack of :

- Feverish feeling in the head 

- Hardness in breath, heavy

- Chest pain, especially when I try to put in physical effort to get up.. Etc

- Heavy dizziness

- Increased head temperature 

The diclofenac shot eased the pain and half of the symptoms, had to try and keep my head cool with ice for the rest but I'm not sure what to do about the heavy chest and breathing

I was researching Topiramate, thought maybe I'd rely on it till I taper off the other two, but the reviews are heavily mixed, and the effect is not guaranteed or sure to last. 

I think I'm stuck a bit on what to do with migraines, every wave is disastrous and lasts half a week to a week, then a couple of days of rest and repeat 

Regarding your question on when migraines started: I don't think I ever had migraines before I was put on ADs, I used to have heavy headaches to extreme stress but never a migraine, I'm not sure but I think they were starting to settle down before my recent ordeal where I started posting on SA? 

Also my light and sound sensitivity were way worse a few months ago, they got better, but then broke down with my recent health crash and Pregabalin withdrawal. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

A few things I forgot to mention : @DataGuyplease check the above post as well

I have more symptoms but I keep forgetting to mention them because I keep forgetting to notice them (doesn't matter how heavy they are) 

Like coughing, been having a cough all day long since my first Pregabalin crash around a month ago 

Edit: There's also sweating, mostly with the brain zaps case

Also, yesterday I couldn't sleep because of that thing you called "Brain Zaps" 

I keep waking up in panic as soon as I sleep and I've been trembling all day which is weird because the migraine wave was over

Do you think it's Serotonin toxicity acting up again? And if so, how do I treat that? 

And I think I'm having dehydration issues because it's too hot over here, power is off all day except for 2 hours, I think my meds are contributing, and it's not always easy to stomach water, any idea how do I check if I'm dehydrated or not? 

I'm having a hard time identifying my body state, like if I'm feeling hot or cold, unless it's extreme, for example I see my body shivering and my panic attacks increasing, I try to put on sheets, then those symptoms ease up when I get warmer, same thing for hotness, and many other senses like pain.. 

I don't know if I'm just used to having more extreme pain or this is something else. 

And one last thing, what's the best way to decrease the temperature in my head? It goes up frequently 

Edited by Outsider
Forgot more info

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

6 hours ago, Outsider said:

A few things I forgot to mention : @DataGuyplease check the above post as well

I have more symptoms but I keep forgetting to mention them because I keep forgetting to notice them (doesn't matter how heavy they are) 

Yes, that is why I suggested you fill out the form that you filled out near the beginning of your thread. It can be tough to remember all symptoms without some prompting, especially with our brains scrambled as they are. I think it is best to think of this as a nervous system injury (resulting from neurotoxicity). Here are some of the typical symptoms from a brain injury, but there are many more: 10 Symptoms of Moderate or Severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) - TheraSpecs

As for the body and head temperature problems, that is a tough one. If you have ice or access to cold water, those can help. But if your power is off most of the time, that can be a problem. Fasting during the morning and hottest part of the day might help. Your body should generate less heat if it isn't metabolizing food for energy. Also, you were having quite a few problems with food, so this might also solve some other problems caused by it. Have you tried intermittent fasting at all? (Fasting for 16 hours, feeding for 8). It may help you. It has certainly helped me. There is a strong connection between what goes on in the gut and what happens in your nervous system. Many neurotransmitters are made in the gut (notably serotonin, but others as well). This may kill a few birds with one stone. 

You would know if you are dehydrated by the color of your urine. If it is clear or pale yellow, you should be fine. Sometimes withdrawal can result in problems with electrolytes, so supplementing with a bit of salt in your water can help with that. Frequent urination is a symptom often seen in wd. 

Have you tried any behavioral techniques to attempt to short-circuit these migraine episodes, @Outsider? I.e. meditation, deep breathing, light exercise, yoga, fasting, or any of the non-drug coping techniques on the site? It may be better to try to manage with these if the meds are the ultimate cause of the migraines. Would still suggest you fill out the symptoms form to give you clear picture you can refer back to later. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

2 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Yes, that is why I suggested you fill out the form that you filled out near the beginning of your thread. It can be tough to remember all symptoms without some prompting, especially with our brains scrambled as they are. I think it is best to think of this as a nervous system injury (resulting from neurotoxicity). Here are some of the typical symptoms from a brain injury, but there are many more: 10 Symptoms of Moderate or Severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) - TheraSpecs

As for the body and head temperature problems, that is a tough one. If you have ice or access to cold water, those can help. But if your power is off most of the time, that can be a problem. Fasting during the morning and hottest part of the day might help. Your body should generate less heat if it isn't metabolizing food for energy. Also, you were having quite a few problems with food, so this might also solve some other problems caused by it. Have you tried intermittent fasting at all? (Fasting for 16 hours, feeding for 8). It may help you. It has certainly helped me. There is a strong connection between what goes on in the gut and what happens in your nervous system. Many neurotransmitters are made in the gut (notably serotonin, but others as well). This may kill a few birds with one stone. 

You would know if you are dehydrated by the color of your urine. If it is clear or pale yellow, you should be fine. Sometimes withdrawal can result in problems with electrolytes, so supplementing with a bit of salt in your water can help with that. Frequent urination is a symptom often seen in wd. 

Have you tried any behavioral techniques to attempt to short-circuit these migraine episodes, @Outsider? I.e. meditation, deep breathing, light exercise, yoga, fasting, or any of the non-drug coping techniques on the site? It may be better to try to manage with these if the meds are the ultimate cause of the migraines. Would still suggest you fill out the symptoms form to give you clear picture you can refer back to later. 

I have all of the stuff in the TBI image except for the Amnesia I suppose? 

Tho I don't know what the Dry eye or Apathy are so I'm not sure if I have them

For filling out the form, I'll try my best but honestly it demands too much effort from me since focus, decision-making, light sensitivity and cognitive functions are huge issues for me, I'm trying my best to update my symptoms here and even with that I'm still too late. 

I hope the injuries heal? I noticed improvements, however they're TOO slow. 

For fasting, I wish I can, but I'm taking Pregabalin 4 times a day on 6 hours intervals (which also makes sleeping hard) 

It's the only way I could stabilize on it, I'm also taking Valium(Diazepam) every 12 hours (1 MG at 6 AM and 2 at 6 PM) and when I tried shifting that long ago, I suffered withdrawal, I was attempting to eliminate the morning dose just so I could fast

I tried fasting before and it always elevated a lot of my symptoms, by far the only magic bullet I came across, can't wait to get back to it. 

For coping, I tried 10 seconds inhale, 10 in and 10 exhale type of deep breath, but kinda hard to do now with the coughing, also meditation at times but I'm not always at the right mindset to do it, I do attempts at physical activity when possible but it's still hard to just get up from where I'm laying, 

My urine, drinking and eating are all over the place because of my messed up nervous system, I heard I can check dehydration from skin, any idea how? 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

Hmm, I don't know any way to check dehydration other than via urine color, or thirst. Are you able to feel thirst normally, @Outsider? Are you especially thirsty or lacking in it? I think as long as your urine is not too dark most of the time, you should be fine. Also important to make sure you get enough electrolytes like sodium and potassium, most of which can be gotten through salt/fruits/vegetables. Sometimes this can affect how thirsty we feel. I remember drinking water and thinking it tasted awful because I was low on sodium. Adding a bit of salt to my water really helped. 

I agree, improvement are too slow, but they are usually that way for people with severe withdrawal issues. The best thing you can do is learn to live with it, learn to stabilize yourself, and live as healthy as you can, and things will continue to slowly improve. It will be a long time, but eventually you will be back to normal.

What does the doctor say when you as about withdrawal, neurotoxicity issues? Do they acknowledge the medications can cause some of these problems?

Do you need to take pregabalin with food? Is that why it prevents you from fasting? I don't want to seem like I am pushing fasting on people, it only seems to help me quite substantially. 

22 hours ago, Outsider said:

I tried fasting before and it always elevated a lot of my symptoms, by far the only magic bullet I came across, can't wait to get back to it. 

I'm a bit confused by this sentence. Do you mean it helped you, or made things worse? I am reading it as saying it helped. Sorry you have it so tough, Outsider. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

31 minutes ago, DataGuy said:

Hmm, I don't know any way to check dehydration other than via urine color, or thirst. Are you able to feel thirst normally, @Outsider? Are you especially thirsty or lacking in it? I think as long as your urine is not too dark most of the time, you should be fine. Also important to make sure you get enough electrolytes like sodium and potassium, most of which can be gotten through salt/fruits/vegetables. Sometimes this can affect how thirsty we feel. I remember drinking water and thinking it tasted awful because I was low on sodium. Adding a bit of salt to my water really helped. 

I agree, improvement are too slow, but they are usually that way for people with severe withdrawal issues. The best thing you can do is learn to live with it, learn to stabilize yourself, and live as healthy as you can, and things will continue to slowly improve. It will be a long time, but eventually you will be back to normal.

What does the doctor say when you as about withdrawal, neurotoxicity issues? Do they acknowledge the medications can cause some of these problems?

Do you need to take pregabalin with food? Is that why it prevents you from fasting? I don't want to seem like I am pushing fasting on people, it only seems to help me quite substantially. 

I'm a bit confused by this sentence. Do you mean it helped you, or made things worse? I am reading it as saying it helped. Sorry you have it so tough, Outsider. 

Thanks for the reply, I quit doctors tbh, they were sending me back and fourth and that wasn't just too expensive, but too hard physically and emotionally, almost every time I just wanted to grab them and beat them down, they either say I'm fine or prescribe random harmful meds, some of them are which caused my state to begin with. 

I don't take Pregabalin with food but I think it's breaking my fast? I'm not sure how to check tbh, any idea? 

Fasting used to be a very positive influence on my health, if I can get back to it I'd be more than glad. 

For thirst.. It's really hard to feel if I'm hungry or thirsty, sometimes I feel hunger when it's extreme but thirst is nearly an alien feeling to me, I don't urinate much and it's unclear what color it is. 

And a few medical questions regarding my migraines :

Since they're causing critical issues (heavy nervous attack like in Serotonin Toxicity and a few days after of brain zaps), I'm on 12.5 MG topiramate, MAYBE my migraines got worse after I started it, and maybe it was because of the pregabalin complications I had a month ago 

How do I know which is which? 12.5 MG is half a pill and my intention back then was to stop it completely but Pregabalin went haywire and I didn't dare to touch other meds

Also, if Topiramate wasn't the cause, should I resort to it temporarily while I taper off Pregabalin and Diazepam or risk and brute force my way through without a sure way to counter migraines? 

Also, does Diclofenac (NSAID) cause tolerance? If not, can I rely on it to keep migraines in check as much as possible till I stabilize and overcome them? 

If none of the above works, any idea how to deal with the migraines? They're getting really scary now, pain is my least problem with them (that if we ignore how horrible the pain is) 

And thank you 👏 a lot

I'll probably say this multiple times, you're a life saver. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

I'm just going to go through your topic and try to update your medication history, @Outsider. I'm just having a bit of trouble following all of the shifts. 

Does this look correct for current medications, @Outsider? (additions by me in red):

- 07/2021 - 100mg Topirimate

Currently:

25mg Pregabalin, 4 times per day at 6 hours intervals 

12.5mg Topiramate

Edited by DataGuy

Domperidone - 2008-2018

32 minutes ago, DataGuy said:

I'm just going to go through your topic and try to update your medication history, @Outsider. I'm just having a bit of trouble following all of the shifts. 

Does this look correct for current medications, @Outsider? (additions by me in red):

- 07/2021 - 100mg Topirimate

Currently:

25mg Pregabalin, 4 times per day at 6 hours intervals 

12.5mg Topiramate

Diazepam is right

Pregabalin is 75 MG total a day (currently) , split into 4 doses every 6 hours, this had the most ups and downs 

I never took more than 25 MG Topiramate and I think it was for one week, been on half that since, however I'm down to 6 MG since yesterday, trying to ween off it to see if it was a positive or negative influence on my symptoms. 

Thanks a lot for going through the topic for my information, I needed it

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

On 8/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, Outsider said:

Thanks for the reply, I quit doctors tbh, they were sending me back and fourth and that wasn't just too expensive, but too hard physically and emotionally, almost every time I just wanted to grab them and beat them down, they either say I'm fine or prescribe random harmful meds, some of them are which caused my state to begin with. 

I don't take Pregabalin with food but I think it's breaking my fast? I'm not sure how to check tbh, any idea? 

Fasting used to be a very positive influence on my health, if I can get back to it I'd be more than glad. 

For thirst.. It's really hard to feel if I'm hungry or thirsty, sometimes I feel hunger when it's extreme but thirst is nearly an alien feeling to me, I don't urinate much and it's unclear what color it is. 

And a few medical questions regarding my migraines :

Since they're causing critical issues (heavy nervous attack like in Serotonin Toxicity and a few days after of brain zaps), I'm on 12.5 MG topiramate, MAYBE my migraines got worse after I started it, and maybe it was because of the pregabalin complications I had a month ago 

How do I know which is which? 12.5 MG is half a pill and my intention back then was to stop it completely but Pregabalin went haywire and I didn't dare to touch other meds

Also, if Topiramate wasn't the cause, should I resort to it temporarily while I taper off Pregabalin and Diazepam or risk and brute force my way through without a sure way to counter migraines? 

Also, does Diclofenac (NSAID) cause tolerance? If not, can I rely on it to keep migraines in check as much as possible till I stabilize and overcome them? 

If none of the above works, any idea how to deal with the migraines? They're getting really scary now, pain is my least problem with them (that if we ignore how horrible the pain is) 

And thank you 👏 a lot

I'll probably say this multiple times, you're a life saver. 

Hi @Outsider,

I don't think Pregabalin is really breaking your fast. Shouldn't have much of an impact on blood-glucose levels, lipids etc although it may have an indirect impact on that via its effect on the nervous system. I think it is worth trying fasting if you found it helpful before. 

I don't think you need to worry about being dehydrated, as long as you are drinking enough water. Most people urinate between 6-8 times per day. So as long as you are around that range somewhere, you are likely drinking enough.

What would you say the progression of your migraines has been like? Have they steadily gotten worse over the past few months? If so, it's possible they could be exacerbated by withdrawal. I can't really know any other causes because I don't know what else is going on and I am not any sort of expert. If withdrawal, med switching, rapid changes in doses are the cause, you can avoid making the problem worse by avoiding those things as best as possible. No rapid changes in dose, new meds, med switches, rapid withdrawals or cold turkeys. Only slow, steady changes and holds when you need to. I don't think there is really any good treatment for migraines. If there was, the doctor would have given it to you. Things like topiramate, where the risk vs benefit is pretty questionable, are likely the best thing they have to offer. I can try to check up on this a bit later if you like, when I get time. But for now I think the best thing you can do for yourself is follow the advice already given, which I summarized here:

On 8/2/2021 at 4:29 PM, DataGuy said:

@Outsider, I don't think your life is at risk, I hope not. Quite a few people have survived symptoms like the ones you have. I think the best things you can do for yourself to minimize risk are:

1) No more new drugs 

2) No more rapid changes in dose

3) Slow, gradual decreases, holding if necessary to stabilize

4) Develop a regular, predictable routine

5) Light exercise to keep you healthy

6) Try to eat and sleep well

7) Get everyone on board with what you are doing, as best you can. It is difficult to explain to people, but explain to the best of your ability. Long term psychotropic use can cause plenty of strange symptoms. These drugs are only tested one at a time for around 3 months in trials, so beyond that, they cannot vouch for their safety. If you want you can show them some evidence from the medical literature (like the STAR-D trial I linked above). 

The things that are jolting you awake are likely brain zaps, which are common withdrawal symptoms, especially after large reductions. I would hold for quite awhile until you can stabilize, which means until the jolts go away. Here is our topic on the subject, if you want to know more. They are nothing to mess around with. I would love to see a period of stability for you. That is what has been missing the last few months. 

I think the only way to know if it was pregabalin or topiramate is to ask when the migraines started getting worse? Even then, this might not tell you. Did they get worse after starting topiramate? Did they get worse after cutting the dose by 50%? If the latter, you can always slowly increase the dose until you feel better or up to a maximum of 25mg. If it was caused by the pregabalin episode, there is not much you can do about that, other than hold your meds and hope things stabilize over time. 

I don't know about Diclofenac. It is likely safe to use at low doses and sparingly, but you wouldn't want to take it daily or in higher doses. Every medication carries risks and this one is no exception. The wikipedia page notes that cardiovascular events increased by 3 per 1000, resulting in 1 death per 1000. For perspective, society currently seems to regard 1 in 1000 deaths from COVID as completely unacceptable, and it's not an insubstantial risk. But I have not looked at the drug in detail. It may be a bit more risky than that. Just be very careful with it. Often in conditions where there is no good medical treatment, you are better off just leaving it untreated, although it will feel bad and you may still have a bad outcome, this strategy will maximize your chances of having a good one. 

I don't really have any good advice right now on how to deal with the migraines, other than the relaxation techniques I mentioned earlier. I will try to look that up when I have time as well. If you can manage to do that yourself, I would be interested to see what you find. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

You may find this podcast useful @Outsider. Things I took: if you absolutely have to take something, Riboflavin (vitamin B2) or melatonin seem like relatively safe, low risk treatments that have some benefit. I would start with low doses if you feel a migraine coming on. Low dose of melatonin = 0.3mg. Often they come in much larger pill sizes, so you can just break them up. To treat migraines they use higher doses of riboflavin (200-400mg I think), but I would again start with a lower dose to see if that helps, first. I think the trial found very substantial benefits for melatonin, but haven't read it myself.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/tension-headache/id1265069215?i=1000472054649

Domperidone - 2008-2018

21 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Hi @Outsider,

I don't think Pregabalin is really breaking your fast. Shouldn't have much of an impact on blood-glucose levels, lipids etc although it may have an indirect impact on that via its effect on the nervous system. I think it is worth trying fasting if you found it helpful before. 

I don't think you need to worry about being dehydrated, as long as you are drinking enough water. Most people urinate between 6-8 times per day. So as long as you are around that range somewhere, you are likely drinking enough.

What would you say the progression of your migraines has been like? Have they steadily gotten worse over the past few months? If so, it's possible they could be exacerbated by withdrawal. I can't really know any other causes because I don't know what else is going on and I am not any sort of expert. If withdrawal, med switching, rapid changes in doses are the cause, you can avoid making the problem worse by avoiding those things as best as possible. No rapid changes in dose, new meds, med switches, rapid withdrawals or cold turkeys. Only slow, steady changes and holds when you need to. I don't think there is really any good treatment for migraines. If there was, the doctor would have given it to you. Things like topiramate, where the risk vs benefit is pretty questionable, are likely the best thing they have to offer. I can try to check up on this a bit later if you like, when I get time. But for now I think the best thing you can do for yourself is follow the advice already given, which I summarized here:

I think the only way to know if it was pregabalin or topiramate is to ask when the migraines started getting worse? Even then, this might not tell you. Did they get worse after starting topiramate? Did they get worse after cutting the dose by 50%? If the latter, you can always slowly increase the dose until you feel better or up to a maximum of 25mg. If it was caused by the pregabalin episode, there is not much you can do about that, other than hold your meds and hope things stabilize over time. 

I don't know about Diclofenac. It is likely safe to use at low doses and sparingly, but you wouldn't want to take it daily or in higher doses. Every medication carries risks and this one is no exception. The wikipedia page notes that cardiovascular events increased by 3 per 1000, resulting in 1 death per 1000. For perspective, society currently seems to regard 1 in 1000 deaths from COVID as completely unacceptable, and it's not an insubstantial risk. But I have not looked at the drug in detail. It may be a bit more risky than that. Just be very careful with it. Often in conditions where there is no good medical treatment, you are better off just leaving it untreated, although it will feel bad and you may still have a bad outcome, this strategy will maximize your chances of having a good one. 

I don't really have any good advice right now on how to deal with the migraines, other than the relaxation techniques I mentioned earlier. I will try to look that up when I have time as well. If you can manage to do that yourself, I would be interested to see what you find. 

Would appreciate it if you look up in your free time, Migraine became life threatening for me, pain is a minor issue now

Also regarding Topiramate, I'm starting to feel withdrawal symptoms and they match the ones I had when I crashed on Pregabalin a lot, less than half the intensity but they're there, will continue and see, if Topiramate was the cause then hopefully I'll pass an extra mile without it. 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate

On 8/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, Outsider said:

Also regarding Topiramate, I'm starting to feel withdrawal symptoms and they match the ones I had when I crashed on Pregabalin a lot,

@DataGuyOk I just confirmed something big, most of those effects were caused by taking Diclofenac (pills) 2 at a time, I did that mistake yesterday unknowingly and almost lost my ability to breathe in the process, should never be taken 2 pills at a time, that's 50 MG x2 (100 MG) 

I had to go to the ER at night because migraine persisted, they gave me a Diclofenac shot (75 MG) which did NOT have the adverse effects of heart racing and loss pf breath as much as the pills did, I don't know why, maybe because they gave me dexamethasone 10 MG shot with it. 

They keep saying I'll need Diazepam if my neurological reactions stay adverse or worsen, I have mixed feelings about getting this shot because sometimes the diclofenac shot is not enough. 

Been having a prolonged "panic attack" or I don't know exactly, ny nervous system is pretty sensitive and causing fear + hyperventilation, numbness in limbs if I don't watch my breath. 

How should I go about these ? 

Also, at which dosage should I jump off each of:

- Diazepam

- Pregabalin

- Topiramate 

And I was wondering if I should hold off ANY drug changes at all until I completely overcome migraine, or if that as long as the drugs persist, their side effects will cause migraine. 

I tried to search the site for similar cases but I'm yet to find a post about people getting migraine post meds, they either have it from before or not. 

Or I'm just bad at research 

August:

50mg topiramate

10 MG Diazepam 

50 MG Pregabalin 

75 MG Topiramate 

Oct 15th 2021: 

March 2023:

- 9 MG Diazepam
- 100 MG Topiramate

July 2023

9mg diazepam

125mg topiramate