SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

MilitzaV: dual withdrawal

MilitzaV

I stopped taking the Vyvanse over a period of March through now. I couldn't afford it at all. I also found myself getting very anxious soon after taking it. Overall, I am not any worse in my symptoms and I'm glad I reduced it and am off of it. I have had no alcohol in the past 75 days continuously and this is a huge improvement. 

Tinnitus is bad and I still cannot get the hang of a scale, measuring, milliltres and percentages and dry cuts. I'm pretty miserable most of the time lately but it is not my worst. My worst moments are often short lived and strange-how I can come out of them suddenly and often in a state of derealization. I am tired of being alone but I cannot bring myself to respond to people. I want to work but I don't think I have much confidence. I guess I'm not ready. 

2013-16 Adderall XR  and klonopin 1 mg 3x       neurontin 600 mg 2017 klonopin 2 mg 3x Add 30 mg Adderall

2018    Vyvanse 70 mg  Klonopin 1 mg 2x  2019 adderall 15 mg IR Vyvanse 40 mg 

December 2019 - May 2020 Baclofen 10 mg, 2-3 times a day 2020:   Vyvanse 50 mg Klonopin .5 mg 2 x

December 2020 - reinstated Baclofen 10 mg, stopped and restarted in January 2021 

February 3, 2021 - Baclofen reduced from 10 mg to 5 mg and reduced to 2.5 March 2021 * was not using this daily except in past
2021: tapered Vyvanse 50 mg apr -May and D/C May 2021. Klonopin .5 mg 2x, Baclofen 5 mg pm D/C in Feb?? Reinstated buy take Tzinidine 4 mg as of May 2021 @ bedtime May 10 2021= klonopin .650 mg liquid micro-tapering

On 4/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, MilitzaV said:

am just so depressed. I don't do anything at all but lie around. in fear.

Congratulations on your sobriety, it’s amazing what you’re doing. Have you considered joining virtual AA meetings for support?

Completely drug free 11/26/22 🎉

Supplements: Magnesium citrate: 250 mg; Fish oil: 1200 mg

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - Victor Frankl

I am very familiar with AA. At the moment I am not able to fake my disbelief in God and I do not want to hear them talking about god but thanks for the input

2013-16 Adderall XR  and klonopin 1 mg 3x       neurontin 600 mg 2017 klonopin 2 mg 3x Add 30 mg Adderall

December 2019 - May 2020 Baclofen 10 mg, 2-3 times a day 2020:   Vyvanse 50 mg Klonopin .5 mg 2 x

December 2020 - reinstated Baclofen 10 mg, stopped and restarted in January 2021 

February 3, 2021 - Baclofen reduced from 10 mg to 5 mg and reduced to 2.5 March 2021 * was not using this daily except in past
2021: tapered Vyvanse 50 mg apr -May and D/C May 2021. Klonopin .5 mg 2x, Baclofen 5 mg pm D/C in Feb?? Reinstated buy take Tzinidine 4 mg as of May 2021 @ bedtime May 10 2021= klonopin .650 mg liquid micro-tapering

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 12:59 AM, MilitzaV said:

I am very familiar with AA. At the moment I am not able to fake my disbelief in God and I do not want to hear them talking about god but thanks for the input

It certainly is a personal decision. How are you doing?

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - Victor Frankl

I am doing okay (???) . Yesterday I wanted to die and today I am relatively happy. So I am okay-for being a total mess :)

• Shep changed the title to MilitzaV: dual withdrawal
  • 3 weeks later...

Officially 121 days of continuous sobriety from alcohol. Tapering the K is going well with a micro taper ( using whole milk is working best for me-4 doses split throughout the day at .48 mg currently).

More windows than waves-however when the waves come they're more intense and shorter in duration. I want to return to work and get some type of life but overwhelming anxiety/panic grips me when I make any move ( like opening up a word document with my resume on it) or even searching "jobs". 

My lease is up soon and rent is out of control so thats very difficult for me. I cannot stay where I'm at as this was temporary so I'll soon be packing everything up and moving my family, alone, again. I am so very tired of this entire lifestyle yet so "stuck". 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 10:38 AM, MilitzaV said:

Officially 121 days of continuous sobriety from alcohol. Tapering the K is going well with a micro taper ( using whole milk is working best for me-4 doses split throughout the day at .48 mg currently).

More windows than waves-however when the waves come they're more intense and shorter in duration.

This is really great news, congrats!! 🎉

On 6/17/2021 at 10:38 AM, MilitzaV said:

overwhelming anxiety/panic grips me when I make any move ( like opening up a word document with my resume on it) or even searching "jobs". 

Have you tried meditation? I found it to be so helpful with anxiety and stress in general. It certainly has helped me through w/d. Tag me and let me know how you’re doing.

• 1 month later...

hello all. I have been doing a slow and steady taper klonopin since last fall. I am entirely off all other meds and I use some tincture for sleep ( THC and CBD combo). I have been healing, non-linearly, as I was aware i would. I have been micro tapering with milk. I have had a rough year yet I have stayed, for the most part, positive and forced myself to do many things I was told were good for me and I thank everyone for the help and support. Now-I just made a cut a few days ago and am at .312 mg. I am mostly struggling with being in a plain old nasty mean mood, agoraphobia, slight headaches and just anhedonia. I have a lot going on so tapering and everything else is stressful right now. 

I am down to 12 (.5 mg) tablets. I break them in half to do the taper and I'm suddenly very confused. How do I do this, preserving the optimal pill amount while tapering with 12 tablets left? Getting more is not an option. 

Also, I'm so overwhelmed. I recently moved due to rent prices and, still paying a lot, but is better and easier and have had to enroll kids in a new school, buy stuff for the new place ( I could not bring everything), figure out a bunch of online stuff like portals for school and bus ( still not understanding this) and return stuff to previous place-the usual stressors but I'm not doing very well at it. 

Thank god my kids are the age where they ignore me. Haha -because I can barely interact with them much. They know and understand what I'm doing and they are very sweet and good but still kids-and i am just so tired. At least i have a few friends and have stayed in touch with some from my previous town too. I am just rambling now but any helpful advice on the tapering of these last pills would help me. I wanted to go very slowly and am glad I have and now I will do whatever I must do. 

Thank you in advance if anyone can add some input.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry for all that your have had to deal with, between the tapering, the move, getting the kids enrolled in their new school, and all the hassles that go with settling into a new place.  

23 hours ago, MilitzaV said:

I am down to 12 (.5 mg) tablets. I break them in half to do the taper and I'm suddenly very confused. How do I do this, preserving the optimal pill amount while tapering with 12 tablets left? Getting more is not an option. 

Why is getting more not an option?  Is it because your doctor refuses to refill your prescription?  Based on what you say, you only have 19 doses left of the Klonopin, which is not enough to complete a safe and gentle taper.  You have a total of 6 mg left (12 x 0.5), and each dose is 0.312 mg, so 6 mg divided by 0.312 comes to roughly 19 doses.   

Klonopin is either a C3 or C4 class controlled substance, so perhaps this is why it is hard to obtain.  There are a lot of doctors that will still write for this even if it is a controlled substance.  If it were me, I would try to obtain it, rather than jump off at this point in time.  It is much better to taper down to as low a dose as you can before you jump off the drug. Seeing all the drug changes you've made over the past several years tells me it's likely that your nervous system is sensitized, and jumping off at this point could throw you into significant drug withdrawal.  

This quote from brassmonkey, another staff member, says "Many members have indicated that their doctor refuses to renew their prescription as a reason for a CT.  There are just too many resources available to get a renewed prescription for this to be a valid reason.  Any doctor can prescribe these medications. They can be obtained through Urgent Care, the ER/A&E, online prescription services, to name a few of the sources available. Sometimes they are available directly from the manufacturer. There will be some hunting and footwork involved, but it is best to do what needs to be done to maintain your supply, so you can keep control over your situation." 

We have a list of health care professionals who will assist you with tapering.  There is a link in here that has Benzo wise doctors who will assist in Benzo tapering. 

Recommended Doctors, Therapists, and Clinics

23 hours ago, MilitzaV said:

Now-I just made a cut a few days ago and am at .312 mg.

Is this your total daily dose, or do you take this dose several times per day?  

Have you been over to Benzo buddies?  http://www.benzobuddies.org. I'll bet they would have some helpful info and resources.  Good luck, and please keep us posted.  

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

This is my total daily dose. I stopped the liquid taper now to preserve the medication bc disposing of what I take out is causing me anxiety. 

I do not have a doctor because I do not have insurance. I am on SSDI and when they switched me from medicaid to medicare I messed something up and got confused-just one of those things-and it was the beginning of the pandemic ( and I had been injured and had broken bones from an accident) so I cold not figure out how to fix it over the phone. I am completely broke from my move and do not have money for an office visit. The taper was made possible by the fact that I last filled this script in April, had many left over from previous scripts, and was told by someone helping me that 90 pills were what was needed to finish my micro taper ( and I had those).  I do not think I would have a problem getting a doctor to prescribe them but I cannot afford anything right now. I have to keep tapering these dosages so if anyone can help devise a plan...or offer suggestions... I am struggling with it. I thought I could cut by another .0625 for a few days and so on but I'm struggling to see how that will work. I have little choices left at this point though

I have been on this dose for a week. I am thinking along these lines: in a couple of days cut down to .25 and stay at that for ten days. Then take a liquid solution of half of it and titrate that by splitting the dose ( liquid) into two days worth while also taking the half ( dry). Now I am lost because math is not my strong point. I better make a chart and stick to it. * If I need to I can get a few from a friend and I will -she has 2 mg pills so I can reach out to her later. I am having some difficulty with all of these decisions and stressors . Everything is so stressful right now

• Administrator
10 hours ago, MilitzaV said:

I stopped the liquid taper now to preserve the medication bc disposing of what I take out is causing me anxiety. 

@MilitzaV, I don't understand what this means. Please explain. Perhaps @Frogie can give you some tips about a liquid taper.

If you have to taper with a limited amount of tablets, you'll need to do the best you can.

Please go to the Social Security office to get your Medicare coverage straightened out. Otherwise, talk to a county social worker about getting an emergency refill while your sort this out.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I’m also on SSDI. I have a supplemental insurance plan that I pay nothing for and have no co-pay to a dr that is on the list. A 90 day supply of most generic medications are no cost if you do home delivery. I would call Medicare and straighten it out ASAP. The longer you wait with Medicare the more complicated it becomes. Then Google Medicare advantage plans. I got mine through AARP.

How much klonopin are you taking now? And how many times a day? If you are low enough you may be able to come off relatively quickly.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Thanks! I have currently tapered down to .320 and have done a liquid taper during the past few months. I wanted to stop the discarding due to running low as I had planned to taper to about .06 or so then jump. I will call medicare and a county agency Monday. I have been so isolated that I never followed through and i need to get to the doctors anyway for other things-I'm just flat broke. 

My SSDI  is decent but with rent prices and children I panicked and thought I'd forego pan B and get better-and this was prior to knowing my condition ( with benzos) and planning to taper. I paid cash for quarterly medical appointments and then I stopped atending those but I am back where my original doctors are now so I could call and go in. The friend I mentioned has not returned my call/inquiries to getting a few from her so if I cannot get any more to finish my taper at least I've tpered down this low- I don't know what else to do. 

Thank you for this information and I will call. I needed to hear it and I am not very active online at all so I'm not on this too much

I meant because the liquid taper has me discard a portion I stopped doing that. I panicked. I have taken klonopin in varying amounts since 2013 and this past year -from about October or so has been 1 mg. At one point I messed up and went from .625 to .400 abruptly and suffered but did just force myself to get through it and I'm glad I did. 

• Administrator

Thanks so much for your help, @Frogie

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was able to get 5 additional 2mg pills. So I have those now and my remaining .5mg meds.  I will still try to get to the doctor and get my insurance but this leaves me in a much better tapering position.  

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks so much for your help, @Frogie

You’re very welcome. Glad I could help.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus

@MilitzaVone of our staff, brassmonkey, has suggested the following: 

Many of the manufacturers have programs for people who can't afford their drugs and need help. Depending on who makes it that might be a possibility for help.

This would be a good place to start: https://www.needymeds.org/pap

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

thanks everyone-I filled out my medicare forms and I got 5 additional 1 mg pills ( not 2 mg as I stated above). Between these and my own I can taper comfortably until I see my nurse practitioner or my PCP-both of whom will help me-I just moved back to this area and they are much easier to deal with and much more supportive having known me through my disability and for several years. I appreciate everyone helping me so much-I will update after the doctors appointments. 

again-thanks! I feel much relief and I am so grateful to this site

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, MilitzaV said:

thanks everyone-I filled out my medicare forms and I got 5 additional 1 mg pills ( not 2 mg as I stated above). Between these and my own I can taper comfortably until I see my nurse practitioner or my PCP-both of whom will help me-

I'm very glad to hear this.  I think you will be much better off continuing a gradual taper rather than jumping off in the next month.  

Had a horrible, extremely depressing wave two days ago. Yesterday I was fine. Today I am depressed and low as can be. it's the depression that worries me-as I'm very tired of this fight. I find comfort in thinking of dying but I have no intention to die ( on my own will) I am not suicidal. I just feel so damn down. 

Last night I took melatonin to sleep well. I had been out of it for a few weeks and I bought some at Wal Mart-where I usually wouldn't buy these but anyway-i did. I thought this caused todays depression. But then I woke up two days ago where I could barely get out bed. So nothing makes any sense and trying to figure out how to ease w/d or help oneself is quite frustrating. I made the cut to .320 about 8 days ago so there's that too-as well as pending menstruation-which has also been crazy. I had it the entire month of July. Every single day. Then again for a "normal" cycle on the 19th of Aug for 5 days. So who knows? Between this and my kids finally returning to school-a new school which is not easy but I feel the timing was right since they have all been online for a year and a half anyway. Kids in junior high mocking other kids for wearing masks-my kids are vaccinated and we must stay healthy ( I broke some bones a few months before the pandemic and one punctured my heart so I'm ultra careful). I do not have a fight in me and told my kids to ignore them but they are harrassing little assholes on the damn bus. I dont know what to do other than crawl in bed. I feel like a worthless waste of life. And I hate myself even though I know this isnt my fault 100%. Everytime I take my dosage ( split up into 3 tmes a day) I soon get anxious.  My doctor wants me back on prozac. I'm not doing thtat. I just needed to write this out. I hate being so down. I apologize.

• 1 month later...

Really struggling with depression. Down to about .230 mg of Klonopin. Wow-the worst depression ever. I've come so far I won't give up but I've never been so horribly low and hopeless.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, MilitzaV said:

I made the cut to .320 about 8 days ago

Then yesterday, you said "Down to about .230 mg of Klonopin"

Can you please put your recent Klonopin cuts in your drug sig?  Your drug sig is still showing you are on .650 mg of Klonopin.  Dates and dosage of each cut would really help us mods.  Thanks.  I can't see how often and how much you are reducing your Klonopin.  From what information I have, my suggestion would be to hold for a while, before you make any more cuts.  It sounds as though your system may be struggling to adjust to the reduced dosages.  We need to stabilize between cuts.  If we keep forging ahead with tapering when our system is destabilized, we may crash our nervous system, which can take a very long time to recover from.  

Stability

Edited by getofflex

Thanks. I do not have the liberty to hold for too long. The 3 doctors i have talked to are not willing to prescribe more and I'm done calling-it seems to be the basic consensus of doctors in my area and I'm done calling and trying to explain. I do not think going from .320 to .230 in over 7 weeks is that bad considering this point I have enough to taper. I plan to stay on this dose until January and make some very slight cuts after that. I may get more off the streets if I cannot hold for at least 2 months. I do not seem to have luck changing the signature. I was looking for some support as i was extremely down for a few days.

• 5 months later...

Hi @MilitzaV

How are you going?

I've been reading through your thread as I, too, have been through getting off of lisdexamfetamine. How has that been for you overall, how is it for you now? 

Reading your story I feel inspired by your courage and strength. It sounds like you've been going through this process under trying life circumstances and doing a remarkable job despite challenging conditions. Respect <3

Kind thoughts, best wishes,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Hello. I did successfully eliminate the vyvanse, along with the alcohol, baclofen and the klonopin. I have been off everything now for awhile. The klonopin I did a slow taper ( 1 mg in a year). I think it was slow-I did a microtaper with liquid. The vyvanse I just weaned but not very professionally-I started opening the capsules and decreasing like that until it was useless anyway and I just stopped. I think I have been completely off these for about 10 months. Completely off klon since mid December-it was the last one for me too. It's been a little rough because I am struggling with anhedonia and depression quite badly. I don't know what has caused what at this point. I do have some good days too. I'm not "better" yet though. I still suffer agoraphobia and intense anger/rage episodes.

• 2 months later...

never-ending depression

I could use some feedback. I'm not much of an active online support group user but I am a little over 6 months off my jump from a year long taper of klonopin. I also got off Vyvanse and some other meds around May of 2021. 

I have had horrible depression. I barely speak bc of this. I'm just waiting, and waiting, to feel better. I'm very hopeless and cannot seem to get a break of these feelings.

Can anyone offer any insight or hope? I could really use some.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

@MilitzaV

I'm sorry you're struggling at the moment. 

I don't have experience with coming off of benzodiazepines, but I've come off of vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine and experienced significant post-acute withdrawal (PAWS) symptoms related to that. Some of the vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine PAWS symptoms were severe depression (low mood, negativity, SI, anguish, extreme fatigue, demotivation, hopelessness, etc.) and feeling intensely disconnected from the world, not wanting to talk or interact with anyone. 

It has gotten a lot better! It does get better. 

I know it can feel so very difficult. Please just hang in there and keep waiting, these symptoms do improve with time. 

Healing is happening <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

Hi @MilitzaV. I have read your posts, and I am feeling you. Don't feel bad, that you have not been around in the community for awhile. Sometimes withdrawal can be so hard that even to log on to your favourite online community can be too much. I wish I could teleport you some strength. I myself is in the middle of taper and I fully understand the hopelessness and the feeling of dark clouds hanging over your head, the anxiety from not knowing if you have a little money next week while the depression is hammering on you back. One thing is to withdraw from ADs with money in the bank, a whole other ballgame is to do it without financial security and alone. I have been there. It so extremely cool what you have done until now. In the long run it is only going to get better. Second: Those lazy f...rs that gave you klonopin and Vyvanse in first place are the ones to blame. You will win, and this will make you stronger. You are in the hardest part of the battle. You are tired, but so are your opponent. Muster your secret stash of strength and stick it to them M. Watch Erin Brockovich for 127th time and forgive yourself.

I think you are one tough but tired cookie. 

2004: (apr): Citalopram 20 mg, June 60 mg., dec 20 mg

2004 (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg.

2014 (Jun): Citalopram stop cold turkey. Began 10 mg Vortioxetine

2017: (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg ->30 mg (after three day stint on psych ward)

2020: (aug): Vortioxetine 10 mg stopped cold turkey. 

2020 (dec): Mirtazapine 30 mg -> 15 mg (GPs instructions)

2021 (feb): Mirtazapine reinstatement 26,25 mg

2022 (Jan): Mirtazapine (5% taper): 14. Jan 24,9 mg, 6. feb 23,7 mg, 1. marts 22,5 mg, 15. marts 21,3 mg, 2. april 20 mg, 26. april 19. mg, 25. may 18.1 mg, 26 jun 17 mg.

Have always taken fish oil capsules. Do not drink alcohol when tapering. 1 multivitamin pill a day. Try to eat healthy, but impossible on mirtazapine.

1 hour ago, Mirtazapine20mg said:

Watch Erin Brockovich for 127th time and forgive yourself.

Excellent advice!

Thanks. I just wake up everyday and cry bc I have another day to get through and I'm lonely and scared-not a good combo. I can only pray and I just want to be okay-this is so scary

I know the lonely and scared feeling. I also wake up every day devasted and with the feeling that I'm finished. I am a man and crying is hard for me, even though I am sure it would be good for me. SA really helps me. It is such a good community. I don't know how the administrators and moderators do it, but people here are really sweet and honest. Maybe you should stick around a little more. It will get better M. Much better. When I cold turkeyed on vortioxetine every day I was waiting for the night to come, because then I could relax a little. I still have that feeling but not with the same intensity. 6 month ago the heavy daytime feeling suddenly began to lift. I didn't realize at first. Before lifting the daytime feeling weighed 600 lb, now I'm down 60 lb when I get some sleep at night 🙂. It will come to you too. 

2022 (Jan): Mirtazapine (5% taper): 14. Jan 24,9 mg, 6. feb 23,7 mg, 1. marts 22,5 mg, 15. marts 21,3 mg, 2. april 20 mg, 26. april 19. mg, 25. may 18.1 mg, 26 jun 17 mg.

Have always taken fish oil capsules. Do not drink alcohol when tapering. 1 multivitamin pill a day. Try to eat healthy, but impossible on mirtazapine.

MilitzaV thanks for your posts. I've been on this site for a long time but haven't visited. Maybe I'll do a bit. I am also dealing with long term withdrawals. I've been taking Venlafaxine ("Effexor") for about 20 years. I started trying to taper off, very slow taper following the guidelines, about 5 years ago. I've got down to 20mg and have been waiting more than 2.5 years to stabilize. every morning I am low, agitated. I don't have kids, I didn't get married due to social anxiety, relationship problems due to abuse trauma in my family. I am completely alone going through all this on my own. No one to reach out to. I rely on my faith in Spirit. Do what I can. They always say in the groups that given time, the body system can heal. It takes time. Meantime misery. I understand. 

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone else on this site who's in similar long term wd. Looking for moral support. 

Aug.22.2019 20mg | July.4.2019 20.5mg | May.16.2019 22mg | Mar.28.2019 23.5mg | Feb.7.2019 25mg | Dec.20.2018 26.5mg | Nov.1.2018 28.5mg | Sept.13.2018 30.5mg | July.26.2018 32mg | June.7.2018 33.5mg | Apr.19.2018 35.14mg | Mar.1.2018 37mg | Jan.11.2018 39mg | Nov.2.2017 41mg. | Sept.21.2017 stepping down to 43mg. Aug.10.17 45mg. | June 1.17 47mg.| Apr.20.17 50mg | Feb.12.17 53mg  | Jan.1.17 56mg | Nov.9.16 59mg | Sept.1.16 62mg | June 16 .16 65mg.  May 21 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 70mg. 

April 22 2016 switched from Venlafaxine XR 75mg to: different brand, Venlafaxine non-extended release 75mg. Been taking Effexor XR 75mg. many years. Tried reducing last year, began having bad side effects. 

Thank you all for these replies. I'm not trying to be impatient with my healing I'm just THAT miserable. 

I also have to move again. I'm so exhausted thinking of it. I cannot even get my furniture apart on my own let alone carry it etc. It's so damn expensive. I am on every waiting list for affordable housing there is, but no luck. 

I do feel slightly better in the evenings and I do look forward to going to sleep all day. I'm really hoping I feel better soon_ I accepted a job online for a few hours a week and it's been hell for me to get the PW done and turned in. 

As for long term wd I don't really know what that means and I'm not too familiar with how to search topics here. I wish you the best.

Hi again M, just off load all your frustration here. Just promise me a little smiley when the first window arrives. Maybe think of it this way: There is people all over in lonely withdrawal. The women in the store, the man on street are all fighting. Nobody where I live knows about my fight. Not my next door neighbor, not my brother or anybody else. But we are all over. 16% are taking these drugs, and they taking them because they are sad not because they taste good. Every time you have met 6 people, one them is in our situation. This problem is so much more pervasive than we think in our loneliness. Sleep tight tonight.