SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Am i being negative?

Am i being negative by using this as an analogy

if someone has a piece of their brain taken out, i would argue its similar to having a limb amputated or part of your body amputated, in that situation those things never grow back, ever, they are gone forever until you replace it with a prosthetic or get surgery etc....what makes withdrawal different? Why do we suspect everyone will recover? Whats the logic behind this reasoning? 

• Moderator Emeritus

The brain is not a limb like an arm or leg.  I have not had a piece of my brain taken out.  My brain adapted to the chemicals that are in Pristiq.  After taking the drug away, either by tapering or cold turkey, the brain has to adjust to not getting the drug or as much of the drug.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Yes, you're being negative. This is another one of your groundless theories about why you're doomed. The brain has the capacity to rewire.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy