Laguera: Tapering questions, Venafaxaline XR

Laguera

My name is jeanette im on 100mgs of venafaxaline extended release.can i taper extended release suffering badly from benzo been off benzo for almost 4 yrs and still suffering i need off of this ad please help

Edited by manymoretodays

My name is jeanette 44 yrs old been on all kinds of meds since 30.im only on venafaxaline 100mgs and want to taper it.its extended release.i use to be on klonapin tapered that been off 4 yrs id their anyone who can help me taper please thank you

Edited by manymoretodays
user name to topic, tags, moved to Introductions
  • manymoretodays changed the title to Laguera: Tapering questions, Venafaxaline XR
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Laguera

When did you start venlafaxine? Are you taking a tablet or a capsule filled with beads? What are the adverse effects you feel from the drug?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on Pristiq 100 mg for 6 years also I was on Klonopin taking one to two pills per month for two years then hit full-blown tolerance I tapered off Klonopin in 7 months I was a mess I had burning from head to toe my blood pressure was high I was going psychotic I'm losing my mind I went to my psychiatrist I told my psychiatrist what I was feeling she wanted to prescribe me with Gabapentin saying that I have nerve pain I never touched the Gabapentin then I post it on my wall somebody told me to join benzodiazepine group which I did explain my story they said I was intolerance that I had to taper off you let me down let me down a tapered off in 7 months yeah I had no choice because my psychiatrist cold turkey me after two and a half years being off I started to feel a little better for about 4 months s*** hit the fan again so I think it's The Prestige that's keeping me ill and not getting better so I was wondering how do I come off of The Prestige I joined a group and they told me that I had to split my dose 50 + 50 Crush the pills put them in capsules I've been doing that for 6 days and I'm absolutely worse but I was any other way of tapering off this drug thank you

• Administrator

When did you start Pristiq? On February 4, you said you were taking venlafaxine XR.

Do not crush Pristiq and put it in capsules. Are you taking 2 50mg tablets? I would take both tablets until we can unravel this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.