SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

DinaDina: overactive/painful bladder, PGAD? after sertraline

DinaDina

@Boristhank you. I hope that we'll become normal persons without our symptoms. Unfortunately a physio is not about stretching in my country, thats why I do exercises at home. I'm better than I was but my dream is complete recovery. I hope it's possible.

25 November 2020 - 22 December 2020 - Zoloft (3 weeks - 12.5 mg, 1 week - 25 mg); 1 January 2021 - Zoloft (12.5 mg)

18-24 December 2020 - Teraligen 2.5 mg-3.75 mg (Russian antipsychotic)

18-28 December 2020 - Eglonil 100 mg (Sulpiride)

Supplements: magnesium

Symptoms since stopping Zoloft: overactive/painful bladder, pelvic pressure, PGAD, severe anxiety

5 hours ago, Healthanxiety101 said:

Couldn't of said it better myself Boris! Spot on.

How are you now? Any progress?

25 November 2020 - 22 December 2020 - Zoloft (3 weeks - 12.5 mg, 1 week - 25 mg); 1 January 2021 - Zoloft (12.5 mg)

Symptoms since stopping Zoloft: overactive/painful bladder, pelvic pressure, PGAD, severe anxiety

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello @DinaDina

I just read your story and I am here to offer hope. I have dealt with A LOT of pelvic and bladder issues, as well as PGAD. Guess what? I have zero PGAD anymore. Also, my bladder is WAY better!!! 

in my case, I had bladder and pelvic issues even before going on psych meds, because I suffered a muscle injury that affected my bladder/pelvis. But my doctor was too stupid to send me to pelvic physical therapy, so she put me on psych meds instead, and all of my bladder and pelvic issues got much, much worse. Then, when I went into withdrawal, my pelvic and bladder issues got even worse than that, plus I got PGAD on top of everything. AAAAHHH! 

But I’ve healed totally from the PGAD and healed A TON from the bladder stuff. 

The thing that helped me the most was something called pelvic floor physical therapy. It is a special kind of physical therapy for the pelvis and bladder. The group of muscles there is called the “pelvic floor” or also “pelvic floor muscles.” Luckily, I found a couple of excellent pelvic physical therapists who treated me. It took a long time and a lot of appointments, but it helped. It took me a while because they had to help me recover from two things: 1.) the original muscle injury from before the psych meds, AND 2.) the bladder and pelvic issues caused by the psych meds.

What is great about pelvic physical therapy is that nobody pushes pills at you! They teach you how to relax and stretch your muscles in your pelvis if that’s what you need, or they will teach you how to strengthen the muscles in that area if that’s what you need. It is available for both men and women. (I’m a woman, in case you are curious.)

psych meds mess with the nervous system, but they can also mess with muscles. I couldn’t say if you are experiencing CNS stuff or muscle stuff (or both) in your pelvic area from the psych meds, but what I can say is that I am extremely hopeful that you can heal from this.

Maybe do some research about pelvic physical therapy and think about whether it sounds right for you.

hope and healing,

Wiggle 

Edited by WiggleIt
Fix typo

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

11 hours ago, DinaDina said:

How are you now? Any progress?

@DinaDina hi dina, I have made some progress it seems to be a one step foward and two steps back kind of progression. It is better than it was, some days are better than others but generally it all seems to be moving in the right direction. 

I had an ultrasound scan and blood work done etc, all came back fine. Doctor assured me nothings wrong...he too blamed the medication and said its a waiting game. 

It seems very slow but there is progress, my only patterns seem to be that sex makes it worse/flare up for a while, even though like Boris said, erections etc take the feeling away, it's only for a few hours. Other than that I can't see any patterns. 

I have come a long way since January and I believe we can all heal. It's just time and patience.

Citalopram 10mg 2014 - 2015

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Citalopram 20mg January 2020

Cold turkey January 2021 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Boris... I am so glad you are getting some relief with physio stretches. I am in the US and physios (physical therapists) here for the pelvis/bladder do take care of both male and female patients. But it is still a relatively new field of care in parts the US, so these physios are not available everywhere. Luckily, I am in a city where it has been available for a long time, so I have witnessed this type of physio care grow bigger here. All the physios are women, but they do accept male patients.

I know this doesn’t necessarily help you since you are in the UK, but I find the information so interesting because this is such a delicate area of care, and I get so happy when other people benefit from it. I don’t know how I could have survived all the bladder issues without my pelvic physios helping me. 

**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged

@WiggleItthanks for your input, as you say all information can help each of us overcome this problem. Good to hear from someone who's been through it and came out the other side.

I had this previously, 5 years ago when I was on the same meds. I dont know how these issues are so unknown/ignored by doctors who preacribe these meds.

One thing I do know, I'll never touch an anti depressant ever again in my life! 

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Healthanxiety101 said:

One thing I do know, I'll never touch an anti depressant ever again in my life! 

Same here! I am torn, though, as I've seen a few of my friends say that ADs have helped their life for the better. I don't want to discredit anyone else's experience, so I keep my criticisms of psych meds in these groups and only to my closest family members. For my friends in person, I can only keep hoping that they never experience any eventual AD backlash. I have come to grudgingly concede that these meds can, in some cases, possibly help. However, the meds are DEFINITELY over-prescribed and irresponsibly prescribed, with doctors acting like Gods and miring themselves in hubristic denial when there ARE bad outcomes, which is VERY often, IMO.

I would just like to thank everyone that has shared thier story and experience with this problem.

It seems to be slightly different for everyone but from what I can gather, the majority of us have the same symptoms and similar triggers...sometimes there is no trigger besides the mental side of things. 

I have been trying exercises recommended by a member that posted on this board. I will post a full update on here in a few weeks once I have been doing them religiously. 

Overall things seem to be heading in the right direction, good days, bad days but overall its better than what it was! Touch wood!

Hope everybody is on the road to healing from this horrible thing. I dont even know what to call it anymore.

Hang in their guys, plenty of people have healed from this and we can too.

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

hello @WiggleIt i also have what you and Dina describe, the constant urge to urinate, it keeps me awake at night because the pressure just becomes so unbearable within 30mins that i need to take the pressure off and go to the toilet even tho very little passes out..

i live in Australia and will look into Pelvic Floor Muscle Therapists...do not know if we have them here in Cairns...but will look into it....as its unbearable....i have been taking cranberry supplements for awhile now, but feel its not working enough...if all i need to do is exercises as you say you do...well i am in it...thankyou for passing on your information!

Cipramil  40mg  1996 to Oct 2017 stopped cold turkey

Only on Zyprexa from now on :   10mg solid form 1998 to Oct 2017

7.5mg solid form  Oct 2017 to Oct 2019 5mg solid form  Oct 2019 to Apr 2020

3.75mg solid form Apr 2020 to May 2020 2.5mg solid form  May 2020 to Feb 2021 2.5mg solid 3/4 and 1/4 liquid w/ 5mls water 6th Feb 2021 to 2nd Apr 2021 2.5mg 1/2 solid and 1/2 liquid w/10mls water 3rd Apr to 26th Jun 2021

2.5mg dissolved in 25mls of water from 27th Jun 2021 to 22nd Oct 2021 2.5mg 1/2 solid, 1/2 dissolved in 10mls of water from 23rd Oct 21 to 7th Feb 2022 water titrating from 7th Feb 2022 to 13 Aug 2022:  2.2425mg

Hey guys! I just read all of your messages. You're amazing. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm 6 months without AD now. Sometimes I think that I'm just starting my way and this thought hurts me.

@morganahello! I have this pressure too. And I have something like pressure in urethra too. Do you have it? How long do you have bladder issues? Is it getting better for you?

Hello DinaDina and Morgana. I am 11 month offAD and 6 weeks ago I got terrible bladder and pelvic pains. Never had it before. Have to pee a lot of times and the pain spreads to my perineum like having a baby. Sometimes it is gone or very light pain. Went to urologist. Had ultrasound and flow checked out and will have a bladder kidney ultrasound too. All was well. The urologist said it is possible to get this from AD use( makes bladder weak so has to restore itself) but he also think it is possible from withdrawal ( over sensitised nerves). Progressive of this doc. It is very painful and very hard to accept next to the mental withdrawal. I hope it will pass soon 😌Take care both of you!🌹 

1999-2000 1 year Fluvoxamine/Luvox/ stopped CT no witdrawal symtoms maybe 2 days brainzaps

2008-2018 10 years Prozac  30 mg. Stopped bacause I was getting depressed again, went to Pdoc en got Welbutrin cut down 20 % of Prozac

after 2 month when felt litlle better cut rest of Prozac. withdrawel set in.

2018- jan 2019 took welbutrin 150 mg, did not work, tapered off with taperingstrips in 4 month.

2 month AD free then started Fuvloxamine again on july 5th 2019

2020 added Lamotrigine 150 because it did not work.

march 10 2020 CT lamotrigine

April 2020 stop fluvoxamine with a 4 month taper

AD free since 29 July 2020

i hope it corrects itself  @DutchMaddy, its a horrible feeling, I am so glad your 6 months off AD's @DinaDina, are you still having the need to pass all the time still after 6 months?

i began having bladder issues in Oct 2017, it was the main reason i cold turkeyed my AD and began reducing my AP because i had lost me ability to stop myself leaking all the time. (no pain thou)...it helped alittle, i thought because i was on large amounts of AP's which tranquilisers your body including the insides, i thought maybe it was affecting my contraction muscles...making them weak and so causing me not to be able to control my bladder like i use to....

however i am no longer having the problem of holding it in, i just now need to constantly go to the toilet all the time, the pressure is extremely uncomfortable...i just found we have Therapists in my area who can help with this sort of thing, so will see someone about next week... i also noticed when i meditate it goes away...i wouldnt be surprised if it is a stress problem/anxiety problem, made worse by WD's...also because i was on large amounts of Zyprexa for over 24 years, my body was sooo deadened by the tranquilizer affect that i am really just starting to feel my body again....if that makes sense....and my body is basically on high alert at all times which is probably making me more alert to it my need to constantly go to the toilet.....i probably doesnt make sense what i am saying...but i understand where your coming from i feel i am experiencing what you are too....i hope it will one day go away...as its torture! let us know if and when it disappears OK, i wish you well @DinaDina cheers morgana

3.75mg solid form Apr 2020 to May 2020 2.5mg solid form  May 2020 to Feb 2021 2.5mg solid 3/4 and 1/4 liquid w/ 5mls water 6th Feb 2021 to 2nd Apr 2021 2.5mg 1/2 solid and 1/2 liquid w/10mls water 3rd Apr to 26th Jun 2021

2.5mg dissolved in 25mls of water from 27th Jun 2021 to 22nd Oct 2021 2.5mg 1/2 solid, 1/2 dissolved in 10mls of water from 23rd Oct 21 to 7th Feb 2022 water titrating from 7th Feb 2022 to 13 Aug 2022:  2.2425mg

Hi @morgana thanks for you’re answer. I am almost one year of off AD. This bladder/ pelvis problem started 6 weeks ago. I wish you well too and I will certainly inform you when it will disappear!

1999-2000 1 year Fluvoxamine/Luvox/ stopped CT no witdrawal symtoms maybe 2 days brainzaps

2008-2018 10 years Prozac  30 mg. Stopped bacause I was getting depressed again, went to Pdoc en got Welbutrin cut down 20 % of Prozac

2018- jan 2019 took welbutrin 150 mg, did not work, tapered off with taperingstrips in 4 month.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, DutchMaddy said:

The urologist said it is possible to get this from AD use( makes bladder weak so has to restore itself) but he also think it is possible from withdrawal ( over sensitised nerves.)

This is absolutely spot on. The same conclusion me and my doctor also came too!

It's happened to me in 2015 also on the same medication I was on last year!

100% it's the medication but we need to be pro active in these times.

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

Thank you @Healthanxiety101. I am so sad today because of this extra suffering on top of my big wave at the moment. I wish you well!

@DutchMaddy wishing you well also!

Stay positive! You got this! It can be beaten, it won't last forever and it will get better even though at times it seems it won't.

I've been Suicidal with this problem, it took me to get close to taking my own life to realise that there are worse things. And this can be beaten! 

This problem is absolutely horrible even now as I type this I can feel it. But moving the mind away from it is key! 

If you ever need to talk I'm here 👍🏻

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

Thank you! That is very nice of you. I was well on my way with windows and waves and starting to get some confidence when suddenly this bladder issue started in my 10 month of.   Did you see a urologist? And did you had some pelvic therapie? I start tomorrow. Hope it will help!  I so hope that you will find some relief too!

take care!

@DutchMaddy the first time I had this problem in 2015 (due to the same medication) I went to see a urologist and had every test possible. They couldn't find anything.

Fast foward to now, again I have been through a lot of testing and nothing has been found.

This problem has been going on 7 months for me so far. I know it will go and get better as it did last time. 

I'm starting pelvic therapy on the 21st although that is a small part of the treatment I'm having. It focuses around anxiety and how the focus on the pelvic area worsens tension and thus worsens this problem.

I have started doing exercises at home myself but it is top early to tell if they have helped. The biggest help I have found is when my mind is completely focused on something else.

Then I remember, that I've forgot about my problem and it all comes rushing back.

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

Sorry forgot to add this bit...

It all comes down to nerves and tension that have been messed up by the medication. 

Takes time to correct itself.

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

hi @Healthanxiety101  i was on the same AD as you cipramil 40mls for 24 years, i have been off it for nearly 4 years now but still tapering off zyprexa, its good to know you no longer have problems....and yes it is a dreadful feeling, i also agree taking your mind off it helps, i find meditation reduces it alittle because i am not focused on it...i go back tomorrow for the result of my Unianary Tract infection test, if their is no reason for it, than i will see a therapist that helps with the muscles....its good to know it finally clears up...and i wish you luck with your tests tomorrow @DutchMaddyi hope they find nothing bad....

@morgana I do still have this problem. Have had it for 7 months. But I have beaten it in the last and I'm damn sure I'm going too again!

Meditation does help and I think that's when the mind is truly relaxed and away from the problem...then BOOM it all comes back when you snap out of your meditation ha.

We can heal. We will heal. Positivity guys ❤

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

Thank you @morganaand @Healthanxiety101 Every info is nice to have. We will keep eachother informed!

take care

Yep that's the idea! And I'm sure your tests will be fine guys. 

Citalopram 20mg 2015

Cold turkey 2015

Cold turkey January 2021 

Hello @DutchMaddy I'm so sorry that you're dealing with it. I've never had bladder issues before AD but today it's my life :( I hope that we will heal soon. And thank you for your comment, it helps me to not feel alone.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:11 AM, morgana said:

I am so glad your 6 months off AD's @DinaDina, are you still having the need to pass all the time still after 6 months?

@morgana Yes, I'm still having the need to pass all the time, but this feeling is more tolerable for last 3 months. For instance, I can tolerate the need without constant visiting toilet. I still have urethra pressure. I also have like a period pain. Do you have something like PGAD (arousal)? I feel that something stick in my urethra (near clit) and if I touch my genitals, it become stronger.

I have exactly the same Morgana!! No arousal here. Especially the urethra pressure.. and period pain. Did you have a cystoscopy?

Take care!🌹

You are welcome @DinaDina
I hope  we will get better soon!!

take care🌹

55 minutes ago, DutchMaddy said:

Did you have a cystoscopy?

No, I didn't, because all my bladder issues started immediately after the AD withdrawal. I have never had these problems before AD. I was taking them for only month. I don't want to visit doctors. All of them suspect that I need more new AD. When I stopped visiting doctors I started healing.

19 minutes ago, DinaDina said:

No, I didn't, because all my bladder issues started immediately after the AD withdrawal. I have never had these problems before AD. I was taking them for only month. I don't want to visit doctors. All of them suspect that I need more new AD. When I stopped visiting doctors I started healing.

I agree. They just think its all in our head.  

9/2018- lexapro low dose few days.11/3/2018- zoloft 2 days

11/7/18  - 11/15/18 - Prozac 9 days, from 10 mg for week, to 20

11/16  inpatient put on Lexapro for a few days, Cymbalta, 2 days

11/24-12/8 - gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day - a very fast taper

1/7 - tbuspar for  three days- blurry vision, jerky eye

1/17/19 - 2/15/19- mirtazapine 15 mg - started taper on 1/30 

2/20/19 gabapentin 600 mg. .  12/20-  taper finished

2/20/19 - seroquel 25 mg current - taken  10 pm

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

9/1/21-  took one dose of vistril 50 mg.   

9/1/21-accidental double dose of seroquel- 50 mg 

@BfromNJI think that if we have ever been to a psychiatrist, another doctors suppose that we have problems with head and all of our health issues are from it.

43 minutes ago, DinaDina said:

@BfromNJI think that if we have ever been to a psychiatrist, another doctors suppose that we have problems with head and all of our health issues are from it.

I couldn't agree more. "Oh you have anxiety its all in your head".   You can even tell the way they look at you. 

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

On 2/22/2021 at 10:31 AM, DinaDina said:

I notice that I usually have the strongest symptoms of PGAD/bladder when I get out of a bed in the morning. Meanwhile I feel almost fine when I just wake up and lie on a bed. But when I get out of a bed, the process seems to start and it gets better (only better, not fine) in the evening.

It’s just a thought. But maybe it is as a good sign? 

I also sometimes feel a severe anxiety when I wake up and it continues until I get out of a bed. So funny: when I wake up and continue to lie, I feel an anxiety but a bladder issues and PGAD are tolerable; when I get out of a bed, an anxiety decreases and bladder issues and PGAD increase.

I have similar pattern.  I feel much better at night.   And ok while laying in bed.   I know you posted this a while ago.   I was just reading through here 

On 6/29/2021 at 2:32 AM, WiggleIt said:

Hello @DinaDina

I just read your story and I am here to offer hope. I have dealt with A LOT of pelvic and bladder issues, as well as PGAD. Guess what? I have zero PGAD anymore. Also, my bladder is WAY better!!! 

in my case, I had bladder and pelvic issues even before going on psych meds, because I suffered a muscle injury that affected my bladder/pelvis. But my doctor was too stupid to send me to pelvic physical therapy, so she put me on psych meds instead, and all of my bladder and pelvic issues got much, much worse. Then, when I went into withdrawal, my pelvic and bladder issues got even worse than that, plus I got PGAD on top of everything. AAAAHHH! 

But I’ve healed totally from the PGAD and healed A TON from the bladder stuff. 

The thing that helped me the most was something called pelvic floor physical therapy. It is a special kind of physical therapy for the pelvis and bladder. The group of muscles there is called the “pelvic floor” or also “pelvic floor muscles.” Luckily, I found a couple of excellent pelvic physical therapists who treated me. It took a long time and a lot of appointments, but it helped. It took me a while because they had to help me recover from two things: 1.) the original muscle injury from before the psych meds, AND 2.) the bladder and pelvic issues caused by the psych meds.

What is great about pelvic physical therapy is that nobody pushes pills at you! They teach you how to relax and stretch your muscles in your pelvis if that’s what you need, or they will teach you how to strengthen the muscles in that area if that’s what you need. It is available for both men and women. (I’m a woman, in case you are curious.)

psych meds mess with the nervous system, but they can also mess with muscles. I couldn’t say if you are experiencing CNS stuff or muscle stuff (or both) in your pelvic area from the psych meds, but what I can say is that I am extremely hopeful that you can heal from this.

Maybe do some research about pelvic physical therapy and think about whether it sounds right for you.

hope and healing,

Wiggle 

Are pelvic floor pts specialized or can you go to a regular pt place? Did you primary doctor or gyno refer you? 

@DinaDina. @Healthanxiety101 @morgana @Boris  

I want to share with you that one week ago I started with a TENS treatment for my bladder issues. 

You put four stickers on you’re ankle, two on  each foot. Then turn on the little device. Two times a day, for half an hour. My pain and my urge went back for at least 75 %. I am so happy! Please try to find a physical therapist for pelvic issues or a urologist. They can rent you the little device. You don’t feel pain or anything else. I still can hardly beleave it. See next message!

I tried to put images here but they are too big. Don’t now why. Please google this. I am here for questions