SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Lostgirlinthecity PSSD-8 Months off of SSRI

Lostgirlinthecity

Hi!

I am new here, found this site when researching information about PSSD. I was on Lexapro for one year and trintillex for 6 months, stopped due to no libido, lack of lubrication and I can’t orgasm. I’m in a relationship so it’s even more frustrating. Anyone have any positive stories of success after dealing with PSSD? Or tips and suggestions? This is so mentally hard and just wanted some support. Thank you in advance! 

Nov 2018-Jan 2019 Lexapro 

Jan 2019- Jun 2020 Trintillex

Currently no medications 

PSSD- very muted orgasms, no libido, numbness, no sex drive, feels like injected with anesthesia 

• Altostrata changed the title to Lostgirlinthecity PSSD-8 Months off of SSRI
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Lostgirlinthecity

I am sorry you are experiencing PSSD. Yes, we see it very slowly resolves over months, at a rate you might not even notice. The best way to cope is to take care of your general health and extend your bond with your partner in other directions for the time being. There's no way to force recovery, sadly.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements generally helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you so much @Altostratafor your response. I appreciate the suggestions. I am Telling myself patience is the best way to proceed. 

Nov 2018-Jan 2019 Lexapro 

Jan 2019- Jun 2020 Trintillex

Currently no medications 

PSSD- very muted orgasms, no libido, numbness, no sex drive, feels like injected with anesthesia 

• Administrator

You're welcome.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.