Marta withdrawal nightmare

marta92

Hello @JanCarol

Thank you for your reply.

Would you help me figure out how long would it take to come off with a 10% reduction?

Have a good trip 🙂

(19 years old) More or less 2011 Citalopram 20 mg one year for depression following stress by death of my mother quit cold Turkey

2012 rmore or less relapse depression after CT, new psychiatrist put me on Citalopram 20 mg, Depakin 300 mg, Efexxor 75 mg

Don't remember between 2016-2017 tapered over a few months all the drugs with the assistance of my psychologist 

2018 relapse (or withdrawal?) depression started Cipralex 20 mg until july 2020 when I tapered during a period of about 4 months until November 2020

February 2021 (29 years old): feeling depressed, can't sleep, anxiety, paranoia, agoraphobia, hardly functional

Currently (since March 4 2021): Lithium Resilient 83mg extended release 2 capsules (forced to take it)

So if my tablets are extended release, how do I taper? There is not an equivalent immediate release here.

There is just another lithium called lithium carbonate which is immediate release, but the dosage is different.

@ChessieCat

(19 years old) More or less 2011 Citalopram 20 mg one year for depression following stress by death of my mother quit cold Turkey

2012 rmore or less relapse depression after CT, new psychiatrist put me on Citalopram 20 mg, Depakin 300 mg, Efexxor 75 mg

Don't remember between 2016-2017 tapered over a few months all the drugs with the assistance of my psychologist 

2018 relapse (or withdrawal?) depression started Cipralex 20 mg until july 2020 when I tapered during a period of about 4 months until November 2020

February 2021 (29 years old): feeling depressed, can't sleep, anxiety, paranoia, agoraphobia, hardly functional

Currently (since March 4 2021): Lithium Resilient 83mg extended release 2 capsules (forced to take it)

• Mentor
On 4/28/2021 at 11:29 PM, JanCarol said:

The time release just means that when you crush the tablet (like you were going to do with Cipralex) you have to take it 2x a day instead of 1x.

Hey Marta - as @JanCarol said, the time release only means you will have to put half the dosage for the day in 2 different pills and take them 12 hours apart in the same day...

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.